Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

is it supposed to do that

https://i.imgur.com/k9N2TgY.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

CainFortea posted:

We just called the almost 20 year older sailor guy in boot camp "popeye" because what else are a bunch of marine recruits gonna call some old navy geezer?

I enlisted at 27, and thank the gently caress Christ there was a 38 year old in my AIT class who had done 10 in the Seabees (he actually ran a bulldozer clearing rubble of the Marine barracks bombing in Lebanon) then gotten out for 10. So they skipped right past me for a nickname and called him Old Navy.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Really worth it making the hull poo poo for every other branch just so the Marines have their half-assed VTAL. SEMPER FI

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
https://twitter.com/TheWTFNation/status/1269996636421394432

This was making the rounds on discord. An enterprising goon did some searching and found that yes, it's a real place.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I gotta go pick up some things at the divorce store.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Don't forget that after you've gotten your pizza, everclear, and your divorce that you stop at the barber to get a stupid looking haircut so everyone knows that you are a professional!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Platystemon posted:

Does the Gillette company still send every eighteen‐year‐old male in America a kit for their birthday?

:lol: I completely forgot about that. I bet I still have it though.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Found in the schadenfreude thread:

e: in searching for that one, I found others where hangars got accidentally foamed :psyduck:

https://theaviationist.com/2012/05/...3FYMUROTWVwYmU.

Icon Of Sin fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Dec 23, 2022

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Icon Of Sin posted:

e: in searching for that one, I found others where hangars got accidentally foamed :psyduck:

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Icon Of Sin posted:

I hope they left the windows rolled up.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Doesn't that gently caress up the avionics and sensitive parts of the aircraft? I recall a tanker telling me that if they used their internal FS system, it deadlines the tank and requires contractor level maintenance. I don't know if that is accurate, either, so someone can clarify that, too.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Depends on the agent. I have no idea what they use in a hangar for aircraft but it would probably be something that isn't nearly as corrosive as dry chem. Just basic AFFF still causes a mess and has to be mixed with water so there would be moisture damage?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

bulletsponge13 posted:

Doesn't that gently caress up the avionics and sensitive parts of the aircraft? I recall a tanker telling me that if they used their internal FS system, it deadlines the tank and requires contractor level maintenance. I don't know if that is accurate, either, so someone can clarify that, too.

It will need significant overhaul, yup. Both to clean that stuff off and verify it hasn't damaged any avionics/powerplant stuff.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

has one of those whole hangar systems ever activated in a actual fire or do we only hear about the bouquets of oopsie-daisies

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Icon Of Sin posted:

I’m imagining that follows a similar rule as account names with online gaming: if you see someone with a name like “Master_killer” or “XxDeath~Master420xX”, they’re inevitably terrible at whatever game you’re finding them in. Someone comes in with a name like “high fives and ho-hos” or “Fluffy Rainbow Kittens”, they’re about to utterly wreck a server before moving on.

My steam account name is “The 180-Worst”, a Star Wars reference and an accurate description of how I play according to my Rocket League teammates :v:

I remember the old BF3 thread where there was a rant about the chat being the true objective of the game; death was only an opportunity to strike; killing your opponent mainly acts to force them to read chat longer.

Anyway one of the master strokes I learned was to celebrate my wins as a victory for the gay agenda.

Leviathan Song
Sep 8, 2010

Wasabi the J posted:

I remember the old BF3 thread where there was a rant about the chat being the true objective of the game; death was only an opportunity to strike; killing your opponent mainly acts to force them to read chat longer.

Anyway one of the master strokes I learned was to celebrate my wins as a victory for the gay agenda.

I was a fleet support engineer for an E-6 that got foamed with the doors open. You basically take everything apart, clean it with the appropriate solvents, then put it back together. It was already in depot maintenance at the time so they were responsible for fixing that nightmare. I'm not sure what would have happened if the fleet had done that.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Wasabi the J posted:

I had a long list of "x lied, y died" that I would put in chat like "LBJ lied, kids died", "Bush Lied, Towers Died", some just historical fact, some just stupidly wrong hyperbole, "Raegan lied, Santa died" that would get wonderful amounts of anger. I regret ending a lot of them with inofwras.corn, worried the joke may have actually sent a few idiots to jones.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Guest2553 posted:

That's generally what the Australians do. Lot less potential for sexual misconduct including dude bro aviators that way I guess?

My first exposure to Australian military was walking into a bar in Hong Kong, having the bartender warn us not to go in, then seeing a naked conga line.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

Chillyrabbit posted:

The Canadian Armed forces is a very serious inclusive armed force, that is working hard to not be sex creeps.

Also we think it is perfectly acceptable to have someone's call sign be F***ed a woman gay (FAWG)

Do the other armed forces have extremely stupid call signs, that are completely unacceptable?

The squadron I was attached to at Whidbey at one point had l:

• Cooter
  • Balls
  • Turd

Our carriers CO was signed Nasty based on an event he did in East Asia.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Fearless posted:

When I was still in, I talked to a man (a warrant officer) who claimed to have been present in the base when members of the CAR tortured and killed Shidane Arone and swore up and down that they didn't hear anything while all of that was going on and claimed that the Airborne Regiment had been scapegoated. Precisely for whom, I have no idea.

quote:

Mike Abel, the only Canadian to die in the Somali operation, was allegedly a member of the Ku Klux Klan; colleagues disputed the evidence that racist literature had been found in his belongings, and asserted that it just floated around the camp and everybody read it.

:hmmyes:

Platystemon posted:

Does the Gillette company still send every eighteen‐year‐old male in America a kit for their birthday?

Not just males: I got one and i'm a cis woman with a gender-neutral name.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

somebody just got shot trying to run the gate at Shaw

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Never forget the Canadian cop impersonating white power mass shooter the RCMP paid in duffels of cash.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
What?

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

To be entirely clear, I am not in any way saying I believed what that particular warrant officer said, especially considering that multiple witnesses in the subsequent inquiry made statements that indicated the total opposite.

I think it's a collection of some of the allegations surrounding the mass shooting that took place in North Nova Scotia in April 2020. The RCMP payoff/shooter was an informant angle was one drummed up by a journalist with a rather... questionable track record; the more likely scenario (incredible laziness, incompetence and virtually no oversight of RCMP officers) is frankly even more disturbing.

The shooter was, however, a racist and a titanic piece of poo poo.

Fearless fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Dec 25, 2022

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Yeah my understanding was that the RCMP was just sleeping on the job, as they usually do when it’s white people doing crime.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

FrozenVent posted:

Yeah my understanding was that the RCMP was just sleeping on the job, as they usually do when it’s white people doing crime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaosLVYemNQ

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

FrozenVent posted:

Or as was observed in this case, being chummy with the eventual mass murderer every single time the neighbours called in a serious complaint about domestic violence or him possessing illegal firearms. Instead of, you know, investigating. The same RCMP officers were also involved in completely mishandling Susan Butlin's case in 2017, in which Susie brought forward serious and legitimate complaints of domestic violence and assault against a former partner. The RCMP dismissed and ignored the complaints despite the urging of a provincial court judge and in September of 2017 she was murdered by that former partner. Susie used to watch my brother and I when we were kids; we grew up with her boys (I'm from North Nova Scotia and still have family there-- we knew people that died in the mass shooting and one of my aunts was very nearly one of them). It is long delayed, but it looks like the negligent shitheels that let Susie die are being investigated as a result of the incredibly damning testimony that came out during the mass casualty commission.

Relevant to the thread: the same mass casualty commission testimony revealed that more than one RCMP officer in that detachment did not fully understand legal concepts like "consent" and what that means in the context of a domestic relationship.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
AITA for walking out of Family Dinner because of bad service?

quote:

My family and I went to Mideival Times for Christmas Eve dinner. The wait was long to be seated and when the man came over the speaker he said he would seat us according to section color and table number so to wait for our table to be called. I then noticed a security guard was ushering a couple families in that hadn't been called. I went over to ask him why they got to go back first and he said those were people with health issues that required assistance being seated. I told him that I have a bad back and standing around waiting is hard for me too and he said that didn't qualify.

Then they started calling every color but ours. I figured I'm smart enough to know what color to sit in so I went ahead and went back anyway and sure enough found our color and table. My family was still wandering around out in the lobby buying drinks and souvenirs. They eventually did call our section and my family came back but the server that was seating us was kind of rude about me already being there. I asked him what difference it makes and he said "because there's a system for this and you're disrespecting other patrons. Please abide all our other rules." I said sure.

They served the food with no silverware. I asked the server for a fork and he said they don't have forks. That it's some gimmick about mideival times and eating with your hands. I asked if he could please find me a fork and he said they actually don't allow them because in the past people have thrown silverware at performers. So I didn't eat because I don't enjoy eating with my hands.

The show went on too long and was boring. There was one part where we were told to make lots of noise. I started banging my cups together and one of the performers shot me a death glare and told me to stop. I did but asked out loud why I had to stop making noise if nobody else did. A server came over and said banging dishes together scares the horses and that it had already been something we were asked not to do earlier when they talked to us all in the lobby. I didn't remember that announcement. My sister said it was announced but I'm sure it wasn't.

When the bar girls came around for drink orders I tried to order a beer but the girl shook her head no and walked by me. That was it for me. I got up and walked out and went to a bar next door and got a beer and a burger and waited for my family to be done.

My sister got mad at me after and said I'd ruined the night for our mom. Our mom said it was fine but my dad and sister are both acting like I shot a dog.

AITA?

quote:

Editing to add eating a burger with hands is way different than eating a greasy roast chicken with hands.

And im not a "karen." I'm a man and a member of the USMC so I carry myself with a little more dignity than to eat greasy chicken with my hands.

Also adding my family had already made it not a family event when my dad refused to allow me to invite my girlfriend along.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Probably cranky because they wouldn't give him crayons

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Desert Bus posted:

quote:

My family and I went to Mideival Times for Christmas Eve dinner. The wait was long to be seated and when the man came over the speaker he said he would seat us according to section color and table number so to wait for our table to be called. I then noticed a security guard was ushering a couple families in that hadn't been called. I went over to ask him why they got to go back first and he said those were people with health issues that required assistance being seated. I told him that I have a bad back and standing around waiting is hard for me too and he said that didn't qualify.

Then they started calling every color but ours. I figured I'm smart enough to know what color to sit in so I went ahead and went back anyway and sure enough found our color and table. My family was still wandering around out in the lobby buying drinks and souvenirs. They eventually did call our section and my family came back but the server that was seating us was kind of rude about me already being there. I asked him what difference it makes and he said "because there's a system for this and you're disrespecting other patrons. Please abide all our other rules." I said sure.

They served the food with no silverware. I asked the server for a fork and he said they don't have forks. That it's some gimmick about mideival times and eating with your hands. I asked if he could please find me a fork and he said they actually don't allow them because in the past people have thrown silverware at performers. So I didn't eat because I don't enjoy eating with my hands.

The show went on too long and was boring. There was one part where we were told to make lots of noise. I started banging my cups together and one of the performers shot me a death glare and told me to stop. I did but asked out loud why I had to stop making noise if nobody else did. A server came over and said banging dishes together scares the horses and that it had already been something we were asked not to do earlier when they talked to us all in the lobby. I didn't remember that announcement. My sister said it was announced but I'm sure it wasn't.

When the bar girls came around for drink orders I tried to order a beer but the girl shook her head no and walked by me. That was it for me. I got up and walked out and went to a bar next door and got a beer and a burger and waited for my family to be done.

My sister got mad at me after and said I'd ruined the night for our mom. Our mom said it was fine but my dad and sister are both acting like I shot a dog.

AITA?

quote:

Editing to add eating a burger with hands is way different than eating a greasy roast chicken with hands.

And im not a "karen." I'm a man and a member of the USMC so I carry myself with a little more dignity than to eat greasy chicken with my hands.

Also adding my family had already made it not a family event when my dad refused to allow me to invite my girlfriend along.

This person is a domestic abuser. Either that or this is shitthatdidn'thappen.txt

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp
Just one rear end in a top hat is possible and sure customer service can suck sometimes.

But if everyone is an rear end in a top hat to you, I'm pretty sure there is only one rear end in a top hat in the story (hint: it's the same person in every encounter him)

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Desert Bus posted:

quote:

AITA?

quote:

Karen started complaining about how people were being seated and was probably already drunk and an rear end in a top hat. He then just sat himself instead of waiting with his party and generally made a nuisance of himself to the staff. After that he basically complained about being at the restaurant he was at and made a bunch of racket in a way he wasn't supposed to.

Hooah! Write one more bad review for Chesty debbil dawg!!!

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Go through your day and meet one rear end in a top hat? Yea, it happens. Sucks, but them’s the breaks.

Go through your day and everyone is an rear end in a top hat? I’ve got some bad news for you, buddy.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Desert Bus posted:

quote:

AITA?

quote:

So, we thinking Dainty Puller here is an officer or enlisted?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

quote:

member of the USMC

quote:

AITA?

Yes

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

So, we thinking Dainty Puller here is an officer or enlisted?

Guessing E.
This guy only ruined his family's day. An officer would have found a way to be a force multiplier and ruin the day for more people at the same time.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

canyoneer posted:

Guessing E.
This guy only ruined his family's day. An officer would have found a way to be a force multiplier and ruin the day for more people at the same time.

I dunno, he's got the pompous self-importance of an officer down pat.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

An O’s family wouldn’t be caught death at this mockery of a joust, they would be at a five Michelin Stars restaurant.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Let's compromise on a warrant officer.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Love how he's a rough, tough one of uncle Sam's misguided children, but standing around for half an hour hurts his back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS