Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

JuffoWup posted:

Ensk past t6 should also not be a thing.

What, don't you love both teams being able to see into each other's caps immediately at the start of the game and slower tanks getting shot to poo poo before they can even drive out? WEIRD

But yeah I agree, the map is a travesty for anyone who isn't a brawling heavy tank. It feels like the WG map design philosophy isn't "let's try to make maps where all classes can do useful things" but more like "every map is a loving disaster for everyone except one or two tank types, and the type just changes from map to map".

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Dec 24, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

What, don't you love both teams being able to see into each other's caps immediately at the start of the game and slower tanks getting shot to poo poo before they can even drive out? WEIRD

But yeah I agree, the map is a travesty for anyone who isn't a brawling heavy tank. It feels like the WG map design philosophy isn't "let's try to make maps where all classes can do useful things" but more like "every map is a loving disaster for everyone except one or two tank types, and the type just changes from map to map".

The comedy is the story of providence. That map also had full tier at its release. But that same vision ended up within a month getting it kneecapped to tier4 max. Meanwhile, ensk is one of the og maps. It has been in the game since I started playing in closed beta. But is still full range. Vision is even worse now with the ebrs too.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

To the surprise of absolutely nobody with two loving braincells to rub together, the teams tonight on EU can best be described as oxygen thieves. The matchmaking is also complete and utter dogshit, with 5-6 TDs per team all the way.

JuffoWup posted:

Ensk past t6 should also not be a thing.

:hmmyes:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Update: I bought the 121b.

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

To the surprise of absolutely nobody with two loving braincells to rub together, the teams tonight on EU can best be described as oxygen thieves. The matchmaking is also complete and utter dogshit, with 5-6 TDs per team all the way.

Skill went from averaging averaging 6000 a game to barely getting 2000 a game in the BZ-176 and it broke him to a degree that he stopped streaming for the night because the last hour was so awful.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Dec 24, 2022

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Update: I bought the 121b.

I love the 121b. It's another comfortable tank that just works.

I forget the map names, but if that's the tiny city map I actually love it. Then again I am weird like that so yeah...

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Fjords is big bag of loving poo poo that shouldn't be seen by anything above Tier VI, and even then I think I am being generous. Widepark is another one that sticks around for too long, it's the size of a Tier IV map yet my T-150 sees it without fail every loving time.

Why in Christ's name are so many dogshit-tiny maps in rotation at anything above Tier V anyway? Mines is a map for newbies, not loving 183s and E-100s.

Mesadoram posted:

I forget the map names, but if that's the tiny city map I actually love it. Then again I am weird like that so yeah...

You said it buddy, not us :v:

Edit:

I loving hate this playerbase.

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Dec 25, 2022

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

QB was right, sometimes your team needs a leader, looks like you guys aren't it and that;s why he rakes in the big bucks.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
I was running through the newbie missions on an old NA account I dug out yesterday off hours and holy poo poo it's so much more fun playing T5 games with 3-5 humans on each side and a bunch of bots.

I'm guessing there's a trick to forcing yourself in newbie MM as well as everyone seemed to know what they were doing, games were regularly running up to the time limit and ending in nail-biting 1v1s.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

QB was right, sometimes your team needs a leader, looks like you guys aren't it and that;s why he rakes in the big bucks.

The biggest problem with this game is that the only "leaders" are people who stick around after dying and have tons of advice on how others can salvage a game they already lost.

(I've been guilty of this >.>)

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Time to be a toxic hulldown POS.

:smuggo:

Finding, especially after the replay i posted, you dont even need to be hull down most times.

Sayara
May 10, 2009
Caved in and got 80 boxes. Got BaZaa and Iron Arnie, what I wanted and enough gold for years premium and Reneé, so yay. :toot:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The 121b is a joy to play. The 5 degrees of gun depression is a bummer, but otherwise it owns. Fast, the gun is accurate as hell and has a great shot selection.

A++ would recommend.

E: although I did notice my Chinese medium loader doesn't have Intuition and that's BAD on a tank that has excellent HE, and two other excellent shells that give it a ton of flexibility.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Dec 25, 2022

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Agreed, 121B has flown under the radar for awhile, it is really quite good.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
121b is really fantastic :unsmith:.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

It’s very good. There’s not really a reason to grind the Russian medium lines now that I have it

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Now that I have both of their commanders, I have to say QB's commander is miles better than Skill's. Skill himself openly admits his was recorded years ago and is way too business-like and impersonal, whereas QB's has a lot of personality and style, it uses his catchphrases and regular terms. It's a lot better.

Also for the love of christ do not try to level any tanks right now. Grinding credits is fine because you get the same amount win or lose, but loving hell trying to grind the T7 Italian TD is making me want to punch my monitor through the wall. Nothing but -2 matchmaking and good loving like trying to carry these teams to anything as a -2. Love having a 6800 WTR and a 23% WR for the night.

E: also the EU servers are a loving far right ethno-nationalist sewer shithole right now with all the cool people coming on to drop exciting slurs on us.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Dec 26, 2022

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
It's got to be said again, the Cobra is fantastic. It's just fun to wait for someone to get a bit too greedy and erase them from the game in 4 seconds. Then Cobra commander yells, "show no mercy" and it's just :vince:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

TracerM17 posted:

It's got to be said again, the Cobra is fantastic. It's just fun to wait for someone to get a bit too greedy and erase them from the game in 4 seconds. Then Cobra commander yells, "show no mercy" and it's just :vince:

Yeah, Cobra Commander in the Cobra is so much fun. Just a guy screeching COOOOOBRAA after you unloaded 1600 damage into someone in 4,5 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYn_Keyq67A

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

E: also the EU servers are a loving far right ethno-nationalist sewer shithole right now with all the cool people coming on to drop exciting slurs on us.

I Have Sigs (Chat) Off

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I Have Sigs (Chat) Off

I've been thinking about it too. Positive interactions are dwarfed by thousands of guys yelling slurs and crying about their team.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I skipped the holiday tanking this year, how was it?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

RandomPauI posted:

I skipped the holiday tanking this year, how was it?

The BZ-176 is the new most OP T8 premium, it's absolutely ridiculous. The Iron Arnie is a solid hull down T8 medium, and the Char Mle. 75 is a very difficult to play but also really powerful T9 light.

The holiday event itself was a lot more user-friendly than last year. You could get the maximum holiday bonuses quickly without spending a dime, and also there's a cat.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

It do be like that sometimes (for the entire December on the EU servers)

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

and for you low tier shitter enjoyers, there's a tier 5 double barrel su-100, a reverse autoloader kv-1, and a british TIER 4 light with 120mm pen standard rounds

Johnny Five-Jaces fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Dec 27, 2022

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

...a british TIER 4 light with 120mm pen standard rounds

I can't help but think this was introduced to poo poo on triple PzB2 platoons.

Also, since I've no intention to even start trying to do the Holiday Ops missions until others have completed most of them, I finally went through my list. I plan on re-rolling every single one that mentions "victorious battle" other than the "win six times" one, even if that might take a loving WEEK, but I have to love the one that requires me to earn at least 808 base xp in one battle, that figure no doubt decided by the fact that my average earned is 816xp per battle, and that's down from where it used to be, which was closer to 900 back when I was 1) good, and 2) played semi-routinely.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Dec 27, 2022

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Bought Diablo 3 last Friday and physically can't bring myself to launch wot now.
I can have fun in a real Skinner Box game instead of EU server misery.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

a british TIER 4 light with 120mm pen standard rounds

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I can't help but think this was introduced to poo poo on triple PzB2 platoons.
UK, Tier IV, 121mm pen...

Matilda platoons been making GBS threads on PzB2 platoons for years.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

UK, Tier IV, 121mm pen...

Matilda platoons been making GBS threads on PzB2 platoons for years.

man this tank used to own

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Still does.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Add daily missions to the list of poo poo that's mysteriously broken. I had a daily to block 3000 damage in winning battles, and that's a double NOPE so I rerolled it. Penetrate enemy medium tanks 10 times? Perfect. I did it, was a bit puzzled when I didn't get the Milla animation and went back to check on the daily, and it was now "spot 2000 points of damage".

And of course then I got an hour's string of lovely city maps which meant something that should take one game to do instead took seven. Jesus christ this is awful.

But I did get the 28th mission done, and used my 20% discount to buy the AMX M4 54. Now I just need to decide if I want to keep my better French heavy crew on the M4 51 or move it to the 54 and start training a new crew on the 51, or vice versa.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

"Well let's queue up for my first AMX M4 54 match here, oh what's this, the enemy have a three man platoon of Object 279(e)s and we have me and two Type 5 Heavies" on Malinovka.

That was a quick loving game. Also really love that they specifically said these broken-rear end pieces of poo poo wouldn't get matched up against non-broken tanks and yet here we are. Once again.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
They should make the MM only match that poo poo with other 3 man 279(e) platoons period, gently caress your queue times if you're going to be like that

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Vando posted:

They should make the MM only match that poo poo with other 3 man 279(e) platoons period, gently caress your queue times if you're going to be like that

A 279 platoon should always be matched against the max number of arty a team can have.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

+2 just needs to loving go.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Mesadoram posted:

A 279 platoon should always be matched against the max number of arty a team can have.

Each 279(e) and T95/FV4201 Chieftain need to have their battle tier raised to 13 and count as 1.5 tanks. A platoon of three of them together should result in a 15v11 matchup. It's not like it'd even be unfair since ~5 players of any team spontaneously combust inside the first 2-3 minutes anyway.

But it's clear that their long-term "solution" to this bullshit is just to release the overpowered CW tanks as probably very slightly nerfed tech tree variants as the Obj. 279 is already in the files. They're clearly not going to (at least, not *yet*) add Tier 11+.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

+2 just needs to loving go.

Yeah, limiting the game to +1/-1 would solve so many god drat problems.

E:

Siiiigh.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Dec 30, 2022

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

For those who don't have it already, the new "spend your gold in the store" special is the SU-130PM.

18635g for the tank, 3D style, "two-skill" crew (no zero skills except Sixth Sense on the commander), and 25x missions.
10100g for the tank, garage slot, and 100% crew
3500g for the 3D Style alone

Just a reminder that when they do that "waste your gold on poo poo" auction crap in 2-3 months' time, 3D styles usually go for peanuts.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Got the holiday missions done, locked in discounts on the spaghetti TD line. Glad to see it's not TOTT for Jan at least. Sitting at like 60 rentals of the new russian medium, what a lame gambling system the token thing is.

121b is indeed quite fun. However, you still need to grind out a solid techtree T10 medium for certain events which disallow reward/bond tanks. IIRC the recent "not ranked but it's ranked" event prevented me from using the 121b.

Speaking of, I would be fine locking T10 reward/bond tanks at same-tier-MM only. No bullshit triple-279e-platoon-facing-tier-8 scenarios allowed. MM in general still needs changed to +1-1 though.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Vz. 55 is On Track for January. I suggest blowing all your credits and free xp to get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

McGavin posted:

Vz. 55 is On Track for January. I suggest blowing all your credits and free xp to get it.

The bonuses also run through 1/9, and they've occasionally extended them in the past.