Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

widespread posted:

Also how the gently caress do I get into the RFC? Dancer's allegedly there for 2000 soap whatever the gently caress that means.

Need a level ten raptor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Whew. Got comet through the adventure and then had all the reindeer. Finished off the quest line.

Now for my next few thousand watermelons.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I have a few spare Dancers if anyone needs, Ferrite in game.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Spaced God posted:

Need a level ten raptor

Aaaand that's gonna take me past January 3rd, isn't it. 54/35/37/54, have not been consulting regular help quests on account of the smiling blob is going to give me 30 million silver for some snowballs what the gently caress

Fhqwhgads posted:

Eh, gently caress it I'll accept one. I ain't gonna grind for that after snowballs and other dumb poo poo. Widespread is my farmer tag.

widespread fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Dec 24, 2022

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

Fhqwhgads posted:

Hi yes hello it's me spaced god ign looking for one :)

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Spaced God posted:

Hi yes hello it's me spaced god ign looking for one :)

Check your mailbox.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Happy to send them along.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Good: Finished my reindeer quests thanks to donators, hit Farming 99, hit Crafting 92 so I can make my own Large Nets now, and finally escaped one of the many aspects of Corn Jail by getting Unlikely Pair up to XV. I'm done with Skull Coin/Pirate gear collection, and had a spare diamond.

Bad: 53/300 Honey, 0/1 Model Ship.

Honey is (a) Lvl. 5 Owl, (b) trading Bacon, and (c) getting 4x99 and buying the Bear, right?

EDIT: Model Ship Jail lasted all of 30 minutes. :v:

delfin fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Dec 24, 2022

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

delfin posted:

Good: Finished my reindeer quests thanks to donators, hit Farming 99, hit Crafting 92 so I can make my own Large Nets now, and finally escaped one of the many aspects of Corn Jail by getting Unlikely Pair up to XV. I'm done with Skull Coin/Pirate gear collection, and had a spare diamond.

Bad: 53/300 Honey, 0/1 Model Ship.

Honey is (a) Lvl. 5 Owl, (b) trading Bacon, and (c) getting 4x99 and buying the Bear, right?

Yup. Trade bacon every day until you have a huge stockpile.

Wandering Orange
Sep 8, 2012

I splurged gold on some large nets and finally got to fishing 99 which also netted me 3b in silver. I assume I should spend this on a level 6 pet or two but I already have the macaw so I'm thinking frog and python?

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

Wandering Orange posted:

I splurged gold on some large nets and finally got to fishing 99 which also netted me 3b in silver. I assume I should spend this on a level 6 pet or two but I already have the macaw so I'm thinking frog and python?

Never spend gold on items, and there's a link to the pet tier list on the front page of the library that lists which pets are best to upgrade first

Wandering Orange
Sep 8, 2012

I traded 25 gold for 700 large nets, didn't purchase through the flea market.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

Oh my bad!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Wandering Orange posted:

I traded 25 gold for 700 large nets, didn't purchase through the flea market.

Yeah that’s decent enough.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Wandering Orange posted:

My first five big-ticket items were:

1) Macaw, to get the ball rolling on the pirate gear quest
2) Python, for Skull Coins for that quest. It will take days for those two pets to build up
3) Storehouse 1B upgrade, for 2 extra inventory per day (many would put this at #1 in priority)
4) 1B crop row, which bumped me from Farming 80-something to 97
5) 500M Kitchen, which bumped me from Farming 97 to 99

Since then I've been buffing up my Farm equipment; all three trees are at 600 now, Mealworms at 80, Gummies at 50, Sawmill at 400/400, Steelworks at 45/15, Hay at 150, Quarry at 100/50.

Frog is on my to-do list; a slow trickle of Gold Leaves can't be a bad thing.

delfin fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Dec 24, 2022

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

koshmar posted:

In your mailbox

Thank you so much. You are, in fact, the best.

Wandering Orange
Sep 8, 2012

delfin posted:

My first five big-ticket items were:

1) Macaw, to get the ball rolling on the pirate gear quest
2) Python, for Skull Coins for that quest. It will take days for those two pets to build up
3) Storehouse 1B upgrade, for 2 extra inventory per day (many would put this at #1 in priority)
4) 1B crop row, which bumped me from Farming 80-something to 97
5) 500M Kitchen, which bumped me from Farming 97 to 99

Since then I've been buffing up my Farm equipment; all three trees are at 600 now, Mealworms at 80, Gummies at 50, Sawmill at 400/400, Steelworks at 45/15, Hay at 150, Quarry at 100/50.

Excellent list, thank you! I will work on the Farm equipment as I am still at orchard 500 max, and low on sawmill/hay/quarry/steel.

Also huge thanks to Ghostlight for the corn maze map as I used that map to clear out all the goodies.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

widespread posted:

Eh, gently caress it I'll accept one. I ain't gonna grind for that after snowballs and other dumb poo poo. Widespread is my farmer tag.

Just saw this now, check your mailbox.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Wandering Orange posted:

Excellent list, thank you! I will work on the Farm equipment as I am still at orchard 500 max, and low on sawmill/hay/quarry/steel.

Don't take it on faith; I'm still pretty new myself, so if I got anything wrong or am misprioritizing something, someone will call it out.

Basically, my rule of thumb is to consider what I want to make or farm at the moment, figure out what's holding it up the most, then pour silver into it. Like, Mealworms weren't a priority of mine until I found myself needing tons of Golden fish; suddenly, being able to tap-tap-tap for them (especially in the current event) was a big help. Steel lagged behind while I was heavily exploring Mount Banon and Ember Lagoon, but now that I'm focusing on other areas it's nice to have that trickle of metal coming in, and so on.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

I’m short 67 Onion Soups, any chance someone has extras? I can pay them back over time, my ADHD just does not gel with Cooking and sitting monitoring for 30 minutes straight or whatever.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Klungar posted:

I’m short 67 Onion Soups, any chance someone has extras? I can pay them back over time, my ADHD just does not gel with Cooking and sitting monitoring for 30 minutes straight or whatever.

I sent you 10, I’ve got 10 more and I can cook up the rest

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
I sent 5 too. One good thing about grinding for Dancer is that it's pretty good exploration xp.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Thanks, down to 13 needed.

Klungar fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Dec 24, 2022

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Sent 3. It’s all I had after that greedy bum Buddy did me over for 100.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

FFS back in herb jail. This fishing quest is gonna be the death of me.

Starkk
Dec 31, 2008

Starkk in game and I could use a Dancer or milk and cookies if any have a spare? Thanks so much

zamiel
Nov 12, 2005

Pugs not drugs

Klungar posted:

Thanks, down to 13 needed.

Sent 10, I think that’s the last you’d need. Enjoy

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
The comfort of getting 3-4 cogwheels each time they proc right now is tempered by the knowledge of what a pain in the rear end they'll be once it's over.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

zamiel posted:

Sent 10, I think that’s the last you’d need. Enjoy

Thanks, I’m all set now!

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Can I get a Dancer from someone? I'm getting real sick of throwing milk in the well for grab bag 7s.

If anyone still needs a Christmas card I have 5, as well.

IGN: bbcisdabomb

Twincityhacker posted:

Could I have a Christmas Card? Username twincityhacker in game.

Sent one!

bbcisdabomb fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Dec 25, 2022

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Could I have a Christmas Card? Username twincityhacker in game.

I got lucky on the well and only needed two, but don't have any extra.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
I have now checked 3 or 4 times that I am growing the right thing for this dumb piece of heart.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

H110Hawk posted:

I have now checked 3 or 4 times that I am growing the right thing for this dumb piece of heart.

Same for a golden potato. I’m 30,000+ potatoes into this now

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

And now, I hit a point where I'm looking at gold purchased perks. Burned my skill points on Negotiator/Resource Saver/Quicker Farming 1-2-4, and saving for them.

I should save my gold for something spicy, I feel?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

widespread posted:

And now, I hit a point where I'm looking at gold purchased perks. Burned my skill points on Negotiator/Resource Saver/Quicker Farming 1-2-4, and saving for them.

Yes and no. There are some expensive perks that are very good, and there are other things you will want to spend gold on, but once you're a couple of weeks in you may find gold falling into your lap from a variety of achievements.

Personally, I'd tier the Farm Supply ones as follows:

Immediate impact: Fertilizer I (more silver), Forklift I and II (more inventory space per Storehouse daily), Irrigation System I and II (faster crops), Reinforced Netting (Fishing nets catch 15 things), Resource Saver II (bonus items when crafting), Lemon Squeezer (Lemonade finds 20 items). Any of these will help your farm right away.

When in doubt if you want to proceed beyond this point, buy +50 Inventory Cap again.

Second wave: Grape Juice Pitcher (+1 instant crops/day), Sprint Shoes I (more stamina-per-click when exploring), Yes I'm Sure (much easier spamming of nets/lemonades), Inventory Monitor (grays out full items when fishing/exploring), Pet-o-Matic I and II as you get chickens and cows. More quality-of-life than essential gains, but solid timesavers.

Whenever: Whatever seems to fit at the time based on needs. Grape Juice Fountain, the 10% XP upgrades, Sprint Shoes II, Collect-o-Matic, Iron Depot, Forester III and IV as your Orchard expands, Send-o-Matics, Feed-o-Matic, Wishes, Recycle II, etc. I've avoided the Cooking and Banking upgrades.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

widespread posted:

If you can spare any, upgrading your mailbox will be useful.

I'd also probably not buy too many inventory upgrades. Getting to the storehouse will be easy enough and it will expand that way as well.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

bbcisdabomb posted:

Can I get a Dancer from someone? I'm getting real sick of throwing milk in the well for grab bag 7s.

If anyone still needs a Christmas card I have 5, as well.

IGN: bbcisdabomb

Sent one!

Thanks!!!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Today is Inferno Sphere day at the market, don't forget to sell your extras.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Today is Inferno Sphere day at the market, don't forget to sell your extras.

Thanks for the reminder :20bux: :20bux: :20bux: :20bux:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandering Orange
Sep 8, 2012

What. The. gently caress.

A light theme user???

Merry Christmas you filthy animal!