Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Martman posted:

Yeah I bet you do :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Martman posted:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
The Witcher 2 - Roche path, save triss.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Martman posted:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Halo 1 combat evolved: very mixed bag. super open environments that are mostly empty, lots of copypasted areas (theres that arena you fight covenant in that is a circular hallway surrounding a room with glass panes separating them with like 3 variations and you see it like at least 14 times in the campaign, the parallel bridges that you fight in like 5 times, the goddamn purple corridors in the covenant ship that go on forever), straight up reused maps, the library is one hour of copypasted large flat rooms and enemies being spammed at you, the driving controls are absolutely some of the worst poo poo ive ever experienced in my life, the flood are boring, the assault rifle sucks rear end.

the levels have a very quake-y chunky brush style design with blocky shapes which often they let you climb with no invisible walls and im a fan of that, and they seem to do some level streaming so loading screens are basically only at the start of chapters.
theres some very good atmosphere in a bunch of areas with lighting and fog effects (which the anniversary graphics completely massacre so i never used them), and theres a lot of music, most of it very good and great mood setters. it avoids the awful cartoon sci fi synth sound and instead uses a lot of percussion.
the absolute best part of this game is that they give you grenades constantly to encourage throwing them everywhere, and grenades on the floor can be detonated by explosions which make for great chains that often kill you in funny ways. also sometimes its got a nice sense of humor in the cutscenes.
oh and the 4 way battles between you, the covenant, the flood and guilty spark were cool, wish there had been more of that.

overall i think it was mediocre, and would rather replay fear fifty times before this. i liked the very short time you spend in the swamp cause it looked moody. bye

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

ArfJason posted:

Halo 1 combat evolved: very mixed bag. super open environments that are mostly empty, lots of copypasted areas (theres that arena you fight covenant in that is a circular hallway surrounding a room with glass panes separating them with like 3 variations and you see it like at least 14 times in the campaign, the parallel bridges that you fight in like 5 times, the goddamn purple corridors in the covenant ship that go on forever), straight up reused maps, the library is one hour of copypasted large flat rooms and enemies being spammed at you, the driving controls are absolutely some of the worst poo poo ive ever experienced in my life, the flood are boring, the assault rifle sucks rear end.

the levels have a very quake-y chunky brush style design with blocky shapes which often they let you climb with no invisible walls and im a fan of that, and they seem to do some level streaming so loading screens are basically only at the start of chapters.
theres some very good atmosphere in a bunch of areas with lighting and fog effects (which the anniversary graphics completely massacre so i never used them), and theres a lot of music, most of it very good and great mood setters. it avoids the awful cartoon sci fi synth sound and instead uses a lot of percussion.
the absolute best part of this game is that they give you grenades constantly to encourage throwing them everywhere, and grenades on the floor can be detonated by explosions which make for great chains that often kill you in funny ways. also sometimes its got a nice sense of humor in the cutscenes.

overall i think it was mediocre, and would rather replay fear fifty times before this. i liked the very short time you spend in the swamp cause it looked moody. bye

its one of the greatest games of all times, with the best pistol ever put in a video game. Topic locked and closed.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

That Little Demon posted:

its one of the greatest games of all times, with the best pistol ever put in a video game. Topic locked and closed.

the pistol was cool yeah. the needler too but i wish it had more ammo

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
also youre beyond demented calling this one of the greatest

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

ArfJason posted:

also youre beyond demented calling this one of the greatest

it is dude, sorry. for multiplayer alone, not to mention one of the most incredible sci fi stories of all time expanding upon marathon

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i think this game could genuinely be good if it cut down on having half of its runtime be copypaste + let me actually steer the warthog. hell i might try marathon next cause it sounds like it plays better

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Martman posted:

drat, I go offline for a day or two and I miss pages of gold! hahaha so good :D

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
everything ive heard about marathon makes it sound like a nightmare to play, personally. but i probably will eventually because it also sounds cool

----------------

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Larry Parrish posted:

everything ive heard about marathon makes it sound like a nightmare to play, personally. but i probably will eventually because it also sounds cool

2 is on xbox and very playable. 1 is a game where you think "yeah I should play that" and leave it at that lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That Little Demon posted:

2 is on xbox and very playable. 1 is a game where you think "yeah I should play that" and leave it at that lol

what about infinite lol

----------------

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Larry Parrish posted:

what about infinite lol

I mean its why the halo universe exists but its a confusing mess that took a video for me to understand lol

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

ArfJason posted:

oh and the 4 way battles between you, the covenant, the flood and guilty spark were cool, wish there had been more of that.

These were pretty much all my exact thoughts when Halo first came out so I guess it didn't get any worse with age

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Halo multiplayer is hype but the singleplayer is usually meh except for a couple maps throughout the series. I think I beat 1 and 3.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

31. Super Mario World

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Tinykin (100%)

Really great. Time trials pissed me off a bit and finding the very last pollen in each area was kinda rough, but otherwise the controls and presentation were amazing.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time
Dragon Quest I on SNES

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

117) Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse
118) Quackshot

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

28. Rolling Thunder (NES) 1cc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TamivqaLttE

29. Nekoba RocknRoll

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Dec 24, 2022

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

29. Dragon Quest IX. Got hit with a To Be Continued after the final boss went down, so there'll be more story in the post game for sure. A lower tier DQ for me, I loved the retooled job system + being able to see equipment on your homies. But the story was nonexistent, the create-a-party setup meant the only characters were the support cast and none of them were particularly interesting and the town vignettes we're so-so. Still better than 6 and 2 I think, but nowhere near series heights. Glad I finally played it though, that's all the mainline dq games...gonna chill with this postgame for a long time and then dive into a 100% XI replay.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Signalis

It was cool, I liked the Dead Spaces better as far as survival horror go.

This space intentionally left blank.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Halo 2: this game is a billion times better than halo 1 its unreal. more varied environments, more detailed graphics, arenas that dont repeat, very little copypasting even if high charity at times felt a bit samey, vehicles feel better, more weapons, more stakes in the story, more music, and the sword is the best kind of weapon, one that works as a mobility tool. using the lunge to jump back to a higher tier of an arena felt great

unfortunately the brutes are unbearable to fight and the latter half of the game is littered with thousands of the fuckers, but overall, i could see myself maybe a year or so down the line replaying this, while you would have to hold me at gunpoint to replay halo 1 and even then id take my chances with the gun jamming. i cant believe im saying this, but this contard shooter is good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gaylo ftw.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Would highly recommend developing time travel technology and going back to Christmas break 2007 and booting up some MFing Halo 3 on Live.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Trying to casually ask the gunman what his gun care routine is like before making my choice

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

Trying to casually ask the gunman what his gun care routine is like before making my choice

lol

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

In Training posted:

Would highly recommend developing time travel technology and going back to Christmas break 2007 and booting up some MFing Halo 3 on Live.

this

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

lol

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

52. Doom '93

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

53. Tokimeki Memorial

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

link between worlds

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Heavy Rain
2) Hitman 3
3) Detroit: Become Human
4) A Legionary's Life
5) Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2
6) Armoured Commander II
7) DEADBOLT
8) Shadowrun: Hong Kong + 'Shadows of Hong Kong' bonus campaign
9) Gun Mute
10) A Plague Tale: Innocence
11) Hotline Miami
12) Batman: Arkham Knight
13) Intravenous
14) The Hong Kong Massacre
15) Shadwen
16) The Dark Pictures: House of Ashes
17) The Dark Pictures: Man of Medan
18) The Dark Pictures: Little Hope
19) The Quarry
20) SUPERHOT
21) LEGO: The Lord of the Rings
22) Hardspace: Shipbreaker
23) The Life and Suffering of Sir Brante
24) Middle-earth: Shadow of War

Beat the main campaign and got all the collectibles like the Gondorian artifacts and Shelob's memories, etc. Didn't bother completing all those side-challenge things, but otherwise did pretty much everything in the base game.
Not too bad overall, but I've definitely had my fill - so I'm not gonna bother getting any of the expansions at this point, I think

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

54. Metroid II: Return of Samus

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Tromi 100% - 8/10

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

American McGay posted:

Tromi 100% - 8/10

:frogbon: