Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

SniperWoreConverse posted:

i also say do it, but in an evil palpatine kind of way
:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

A Probability of 1/2,578,917
do it (derogatory)

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Don't let your dreams be dreams. Yesterday, you said tomorrow so just DO IT. MAKE YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE!

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

OPAONI posted:

This comic means a lot to me. I think it's probably my favorite independent thing I've ever read. It's stuck in my brain and imagination in a way I don't fully understand but, like all good fiction, it changed me in a pleasant way. I know I've approached character creation for tabletop RPGs a bit more creatively. Thanks for the comic. I'm buying the whole thing all at once as soon as I can.

Personally I rate it as the best fiction ever, pound for pound and the way it specifically hits all my buttons. Still can't believe it comes from a single hand.

M. Propagandalf
Aug 9, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

This is great.

I've got two cookies in mind to bake before I attempt an entire cake, but the replies got me to think back on some of the frosting decorations I had sketched in my mind that I hadn't thought about in a while.

I need to jump back into Thunderdome and get acclimated to constructively getting the poo poo kicked out of me again.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

M. Propagandalf posted:

This is great.

I've got two cookies in mind to bake before I attempt an entire cake, but the replies got me to think back on some of the frosting decorations I had sketched in my mind that I hadn't thought about in a while.

I need to jump back into Thunderdome and get acclimated to constructively getting the poo poo kicked out of me again.

Good, this is the path to royalty.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Tenebrais posted:

One must strike immediately and without hesitation. The perfect cut is the one you make now.

However, during this round, those that wish - anyone, or everyone, may post at the emperor.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

An Empire modded by lurkers

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

a lurker can only be one of two things; a coward without the strength to post, or a wise man who knows it is best not to.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

The lurker then did a very strange thing. He threw out a single post that was so artless, so completely lacking in skill, that a child might have made it. It was like a village idiot absentmindedly hurling a stick into a muddy pond. The admin was so shocked and offended by the young lurker's complete and utter lack of skill and technique, that he was caught by surprise and owned by one post.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?
"I will escape my own posting history," said the resolute Kassardis, "and flee to a forum with better moderation, where the threads are built on polite discourse and no shade is thrown unjustly. The search is long and hard, so please give me some advice, as my family has treated you well.”

"Good forum mods are a myth told to small children to comfort them,” said the Very Wise Frog, “Your wives are tech savvy and will find your new username, then roast you savagely before returning to the time honored ritual of trying to dox each other.”

The Prince was aghast. “I refuse this life of violence!” he said.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Cryophage posted:

"I will escape my own posting history," said the resolute Kassardis, "and flee to a forum with better moderation, where the threads are built on polite discourse and no shade is thrown unjustly. The search is long and hard, so please give me some advice, as my family has treated you well.”

"Good forum mods are a myth told to small children to comfort them,” said the Very Wise Frog, “Your wives are tech savvy and will find your new username, then roast you savagely before returning to the time honored ritual of trying to dox each other.”

:golfclap:

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Cryophage posted:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Cryophage posted:

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Cryophage posted:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I don't know how that gif is encoded to go from 38x24 to 260x24 pixels but I need to know if that can trick the smile upload system here.

e; turns out it cant

Its only 2.4kB, so can that get admin added and I will still pay.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

M_Gargantua posted:

I don't know how that gif is encoded to go from 38x24 to 260x24 pixels but I need to know if that can trick the smile upload system here.

e; turns out it cant

Its only 2.4kB, so can that get admin added and I will still pay.

...isn't it just always 260x24, most of it is just transparent at the beginning?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
actually 260x25
:goonsay:

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

M. Propagandalf posted:

I'm pondering on giving a big spiel about this webcomic that if I'm patient enough, I'll save until the story's finished. Suffice to say, I refer to it quite often in the sessions with my psychologist, to the point I did an abridged dramatic reading of Tales of the Silver Prince to arrive at a point-of-view I was wrestling with.

Only a few months ago, I was thinking that I had lived too long for existing past 2018. I counted K6BD as one of the few things that kept life worthwhile. The ending of Book 5 actually helped put to rest the functional depression that has lingered with me for the past few years.

If there's one regret I have in experiencing K6BD, it's that I had a fantasy story worked out in my mind over the past few years that doesn't feel like it's worth putting to paper anymore. K6BD hits several of the themes I would have wanted to touch, but with more competence and finesse than I could see myself arriving upon for a long time.

Operant, hope you and your family have a drat good and restful holiday.

K6BD began as a cyoa on the Homestuck forums

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Cryophage posted:

oh my

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
We are on the other side of the transition to more demons being killed and/or resurrected. There is gonna be a resurrection

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Pasqy this was not the lesson to take away from your chat with Melanie

wrong thread

isasphere
Mar 7, 2013

A big flaming stink posted:

Pasqy this was not the lesson to take away from your chat with Melanie

wrong thread

Pasqualo could certainly take a few life lessons from Allison, though.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

M_Gargantua posted:

We are on the other side of the transition to more demons being killed and/or resurrected. There is gonna be a resurrection

protip you can pad demon killin numbers by bringing em back and just rekillin

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
I've got a crossover rec!

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/no-stomach-for-violence-k6bd-danmachi.1063052/

quote:

Danmachi - a grim setting overlayed with comedy, played from the standpoint of a boy who's goal is to start a love story.

Kill Six Billion Demons - a setting that is grim from the outset and rarely touches upon love or comedy.

What do these stories possibly have in common?

That overarching goal, of course. Shared by Demiurge and Adventurer alike -

Reach Heaven Through Violence.

---

This story is told from the perspective of Paunna, a Demiurge from the webcomic 'Kill Six Billion Demons,' right in the middle of the Universal War. If none of that made sense to you, then that likely means you haven't read the comic itself. I highly recommend it, but you can read the story without it - elements may confuse you, but they will be explained in story. A major part of this story will be 'culture clash' - our MC comes from a world which is vastly different in tone and pace from the setting of Danmachi, at least in the ways the stories are told.

It's very good. Captures the feeling of KSBD myth IMO and the character voices, interactions, and perspectives are top notch. Also looking to be a very interesting blend of lore.

quote:

The Dungeon of Orario is fearsome in totality. It spews forth an endless army of monsters, each seeking to do nothing but cause harm and pain to the races of men. The deeper you delve, the more powerful the monsters become, and they all share a single goal - cause suffering. Unchecked, it spews forth these beings like a fountain of misery, aiming to end all life on Gekkai, the Lower World. Countless thousands of lives have been tossed into it to plug the eternal spring of hate, blood spilled on an altar to a hateful god.

It is truly terrifying, to know that such a thing exists. That such unchecked hate and violence exists upon the wheel. A wellspring of nightmares and philosophical conundrums.

And Men have chosen to build a shopping centre on top of it.

Truly, we are called Aesma's mistake for a reason. I would weep at the stupidity of it, if it weren't so damned funny.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Ksbd is constantly about love and often comedic though?

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

akulanization posted:

Ksbd is constantly about love and often comedic though?

Yeah, that struck me as odd as well.

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

"" posted:

The axe flashes out and splits another goblin down the middle, then I savagely lash out with the hilt, crushing the skull of another as it lunches towards me with a snarl. I step back two paces, cross my legs, and then spin as I straighten them; turning the half-turn into a graceful arc as I lift one leg, rotating on my heel, axe outstretched. It carves a ruthless swathe through the monsters, like a scythe through a field of wheat.

I couldn't be bothered to harvest them, not with monsters this low levelled. They were barely worth harvesting at this point - a literal waste of time. Time spent gathering these stones was time I could be spending getting lower into the dungeon, and finding actually worthwhile monsters to kill.

No, I was created this body pile for a different reason. Grimacing, I pick up a leg, cut cleanly off at the thigh, then turn to look around the corridor.

:yikes:

e:

"" posted:

Slowly, ever so slowly, I turn my head over my shoulder. Just to check, of course. Hestia is Mortal in form, perhaps she suffers from mortal issues? Such as—narcolepsy, perhaps.
Ever so slowly, I tilt my head, until I can catch a glimpse of my Goddess.

Hestia is—

Staring.

At my exposed back.

And giggling to herself, a fiendish look upon her face, as she flexes her fingers in a remarkably terrifying way.

Glacially, I return my head back to its starting position, and sink my face into my mattress.

I was correct, it seems. Hestia does indeed suffer from mortal afflictions.

My Goddess is a pervert.

Oh, Ys-Myra, protector of the poor, please grant me protection, as you once defended yourself from the greedy clutches of Ogam.

I think I might need all the help I can get.

Finally, Hestia shifts, and I breathe a sigh of relief internally. She is not... unappealing, this Goddess. If she hungers for my body so clearly, who am I to deny her? I may even enjoy the experience.

HookedOnChthonics fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jan 11, 2023

Assessor of Maat
Nov 20, 2019

skaianDestiny posted:

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/no-stomach-for-violence-k6bd-danmachi.1063052/

It's very good. Captures the feeling of KSBD myth IMO and the character voices, interactions, and perspectives are top notch. Also looking to be a very interesting blend of lore.

you should feel a deep and personal shame at thinking this was good or worth recommending to other human beings

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Assessor of Maat posted:

you should feel a deep and personal shame at thinking this was good or worth recommending to other human beings

Nah

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
I can share the Jagganoth x Incubus smut fic instead if you want.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Ok i'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought that was real bad.

And I even went into it thinking positively, that 'this seems sus but surely it was recommended for a reason'

Don't Ask
Nov 28, 2002

skaianDestiny posted:

So I googled this terrible thing and apparently the setting is from an anime called "Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?", featuring fascinating characters such as Hestia who, according to the wiki, "has been nicknamed the Loli Big-Boobs".

This is literally the "sexualized young-looking girl but it's actually OK!!! because she's an ancient demon/goddess/whatever" joke about anime.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
I found that binge-rereading the entire comic before bedtime is an excellent way to induce amazing dreams.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

M_Gargantua posted:

Ok i'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought that was real bad.

And I even went into it thinking positively, that 'this seems sus but surely it was recommended for a reason'

the quoted passages are full of the overbearing wink-wink wryness typical of fanfiction. lousy stuff

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

TBF, it's probably good if your brain is rotted by being a fan of lovely isekai harems set in worlds with explicit videogame rules

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Oh yeah Danmachi is trash don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of it. If y'all don't like the fic though I won't argue.

Here's a different recommendation you guys might like better.

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/reach-heaven-through-justice-young-justice-k6bds-crossover-oc.733996/

Young Justice crossover, a demiurge who was recently defeated by Jagganoth near the end of the Universal War gets stuck in the YJ universe. Story focuses on him recovering from his trauma and teaching KSBD martial arts and mentoring Artemis Crock.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I've already learned my lesson, I'm not clicking that.

I could maybe see the thematic value in like, a JoJo crossover though I guess.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Yeah uh no thanks I'll pass on that one too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I'm not going to tell you what to read or not read but I suspect you may be barking up the wrong tree altogether here.