Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

snail posted:

Has Sweeney posted any politics lately? I can always justify outage at the storefront based on the owner being a chud.

Wait I thought epic was in the pockets of Big China???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

ZeusCannon posted:

Do you just need an epic account to get free games? Im tempted by the possibility of Death Stranding

Technically you need an email address to sign up and then some kind of device to access those accounts on. Also probably a dwelling of some kind to be in while you do that. Not very "free" you fucks!

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

ZeusCannon posted:

Do you just need an epic account to get free games? Im tempted by the possibility of Death Stranding

Yes, luckily a lot of the free games you get can be installed and then just run from its folder so you dont have to deal with its trash launcher.
Though I doubt Death Stranding will allow that.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

ZeusCannon posted:

yup! you don't even need to install the app to claim stuff, you can just click a button on https://store.epicgames.com/ and have the free games added to your account
although you will need the storefront app when you actually install+play the game

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Party Boat posted:

Technically you need an email address to sign up and then some kind of device to access those accounts on. Also probably a dwelling of some kind to be in while you do that. Not very "free" you fucks!

Can confirm the last one at least is not true, I've claimed free games before on my phone while waiting at traffic lights.*

*Results may vary.

E: also re the launcher, since I installed Playnite I've forgotten which store i even got most of my games from, can't recommend it enough

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

ZeusCannon posted:

Yes but you can create one just by linking an account from a big list of possibilities, like google/steam/Nintendo/apple/etc. You don’t even have to type in the email address you’re giving them…

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I would like to add that Epic is fully integrated in GOG Galaxy. This should be more widely known.

chadbear posted:

Ever since EGS added the cart this thread is down one joke

They did? I genuinely didn't notice, and I don't know how to feel about that.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Death stranding was I think the singularly most iconic video game of the last decade, and the initial preview videos showing what kind of game it was wasn't really interesting but I ended up watching that video by the Kotaku guy and I watched a few hours of it, and I saw it was on GameFly after it came out so I just went and got it, tried it out and I think I only got about 2 or 3 hours into it before I was like just hooked and couldn't put it down for however long it took me to beat the game, something like 120 hours maybe? But what I did instead was I as soon as I had to return the game, I turned around and went out and bought the game and I easily think it was the best game of 2019, and I really think that it if people had no barrier to play the game like getting it for free tomorrow, and if they gave it a chance, instead of just thinking it's a walking simulator that it would probably be really fun. So I'm excited for people to try it because I absolutely adore that game

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

JustJeff88 posted:

I would like to add that Epic is fully integrated in GOG Galaxy. This should be more widely known.

They did? I genuinely didn't notice, and I don't know how to feel about that.
Yeah, there's a cart now. I've only ever used it to claim multiple free games at the same time, but it's there.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Maybe one day Nintendo will get a cart.
And maybe not do multiple transaction emails, where it first buys Nintendo money with your card and then another where it buys the game.

OgNar fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Dec 25, 2022

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I easily think it was the best game of 2019
Agreed. It was something else.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
"Greak: Memories of Azur" free on Gog for a limited time: https://www.gog.com/en/game/greak_memories_of_azur

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Death Stranding Director's Cut(!) is free on EGS today

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
EGS clue for tomorrow is a fist with rabbit ears - FIST Forged in Shadow Torch? Been wanting to play that

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Comrade Xi...Gamer Nation thanks u

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i wonder how populated the mp is for death stranding on epic?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think it might just be the base game.

I can't tell because the servers are getting swamped

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
If y'all like free games you should check out a page back on the Steam thread right now.

(e: Last post on p2445)

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Waffleman_ posted:

I think it might just be the base game.

I can't tell because the servers are getting swamped

It's showing as Director's Cut in the library so :shrug:

Will find out in a bit, though.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Wow, everyone seems to want death stranding.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
EGS is at level of hosed that even steam never reached. Logon page will redirect to the store homepage so no way to execute on any action on the store.

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

We're not going to get Death Stranding after all. :-/

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

SlowBloke posted:

EGS is at level of hosed that even steam never reached. Logon page will redirect to the store homepage so no way to execute on any action on the store.

I feel like I got lucky being able to 'purchase' it but now the site is so hosed that trying to download it just leads to a login loop.

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
I just was able to redeem it on the launcher, gently caress me up Kojima-san!

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

I can open the launcher but when I try to claim it, it logs me out :D

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
epic logged me out over night apparently and won't even send me to the login screen when i click the button on the website, so that's nice

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i wonder how populated the mp is for death stranding on epic?

The Epic and Steam versions share the same servers from what I can tell, and when I played through it back in July it seemed decently active. Lots of little structures, dropped packages, and likes from people using my poo poo. Helps that it's asynchronous.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

I managed to log into the launcher... and it's asking me to pay for the game, even though it's "100% off".

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost
Same. I clicked "get" and the button immediately turned into "buy game" and $30 appeared where it previously said $0.00. Now the EGS webpage is down.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Now the store page doesn't even offer it as free. Guess they didn't expect this response and the servers are completely dead.

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

BOFH energy right there.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I see the game on the free section of the store's main page, but the game's page just says it's 40% off of $54.99CAD.

This didn't even happen when they gave away GTA5, did it?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I'm guessing they made it not be free until the activity dies down. Unless they actually ran out of keys, then lol.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

It's been swapped to the base edition being free. Still can't login though. lol.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Are there at least mods for the standard edition to change out the Monster Energy cans?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I was able to go to the standard edition and get that for free. Wonder if they will catch poo poo for the main page saying the director's cut version is free, and a bunch of people did get that for free, but now only the standard one is free. Or maybe they will retroactively change people's free director's cut to the standard version. Thinking about it, I'm guessing it was always supposed to be the standard version in order to get a bunch of 5 dollar upgrades sold.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
lol, navigated to the non-director's cut version, saw it listed as free, tried to grab and doing so mysteriously logged me out of the store. WTF Epic

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The main page is now corrected. The standard version is now linked as being free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

What a scam lol