Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

crispix posted:

can someone add me on discord server please :)

It's in the op, op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Only Kindness posted:

[movie I won't name because one of you reprobates won't be able to avoid spoiling it]

Batman wins, but at what cost?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Spatchcocked a turkey and made some good roasties, plus gravy made outta the spine and assorted gunk (got some bisto too obvs)

My mum made her chestnut stuffing

All pretty good stuff, turkey and taters came out great

But due to doing Christmas with friends already this is like the 4th Christmas Dinner I've cooked in the last 2 weeks, my body can't handle it

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I made a feast for the kids and read books all day which is basically a Sunday in this house only today I was wearing a Santa hat.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I forgot to cook the pigs in blankets :negative:

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Archer Maclean died. IYKYK.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
International Karate ripped, rip :(

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Rarity posted:

I forgot to cook the pigs in blankets :negative:

What did you cook them in?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
went away a lovely walk earlier, took these for miss adequate :hehe:

https://imgur.com/jRY3c0Y

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Who?

https://twitter.com/JGiftmacher/status/1606955016149176320

Neve heard of half of those.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

You know Christmas is good when you’re knocking back the red wine and discussing warhammer painting techniques with your sisters partners father.

Merry Christmas everybody, hope you’re having a great time all of you.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

John Grogan

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

I'm exhausted just from being in the same house as two kids for a day, parents must be loving mental.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Merry Christmas friends!!

crispix posted:

went away a lovely walk earlier, took these for miss adequate :hehe:

https://imgur.com/jRY3c0Y

Ach sure my Granny used to love telling people not from Norn Iron that this was our ancestral family home :v: What're yiz doin' up at Scrabo?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
I live just down the road from it, it's a place I like to go to for a think and that and it's always windy up there so it gets the cobwebs blown off

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Ms Adequate posted:

Merry Christmas friends!!

Ach sure my Granny used to love telling people not from Norn Iron that this was our ancestral family home :v: What're yiz doin' up at Scrabo?

And people just believed your family's ancestral home was sauron's tower??

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Seems a bit unfair by the headline writer, none of those look like they've got particularly dramatic BMI issues.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
They definitely look hand-picked to appeal to the miffed midlife mortgage man divorced dad bloc.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i think they do have Big Massive Idiot problems actually!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :newlol:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
so what's divorced mortgage man or w/e got to do with mondeo man

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Saved all the potato peel from making the roasties, rinsed them 3x then let them soak in cold water in the fridge all day. Then pulled them out and dried them and deep fried them during the post dinner drinks.

Sprinkled with fry seasoning and grated parmesan and brought them out and became the most popular person in the world. Do recommend.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

How loving desperate do you have to be to bring back loving Douglas Alexander? What a useless bunch of cunts.

When they said heavyweights I thought they'd bring back Mike Gapes, at least he's funny

I got 2 bottles of whisky for Xmas, 1 Talisker & 1 Laphroaig, & I'll be honest, this is more whisky than I have drunk since COVID started. So they'll last me a good while

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.
I don't remember who it was but someone posted a link to the goodgifts website. Thanks for that. I shared it with a family member who got me a month of feeding a kid for Christmas. Wouldn't have happened without whoever posted that. 😊

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Have to say I had a very relaxed if long day in work today then came home to an empty house instead of a nice cooked dinner like I was expecting! But my missus came home later then expected as dinner up my brother's house was going lovely and everyone was having more fun than expected so I can't complain.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm cracking open my third cider, merry Xmas goons :cheers:

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

By god, that's David Milliband's music!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1f8JamgvpU

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Guavanaut posted:

They definitely look hand-picked to appeal to the miffed midlife mortgage man divorced dad bloc.

I sleep in a big safe seat with my wife

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Lord Ludikrous posted:

You know Christmas is good when you’re knocking back the red wine and discussing warhammer painting techniques with your sisters partners father.

Merry Christmas everybody, hope you’re having a great time all of you.

My sister got me a box of Citadel skulls for basing purposes and she has no idea what she's bought me but she got it anyway :3:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I might get back into mini painting. D&D though - if I have to paint more than 3 minis the same colour scheme, I start wanting to smash everything with hammers.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012
Happy Christmas, megathread. I did all the cooking which meant I got to hang out in the kitchen listening to black metal at obscene volumes and now that the supper is over everyone else does the washing up.

You’re all my favourite people on the internet.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Bobby Deluxe posted:

if I have to paint more than 3 minis the same colour scheme, I start wanting to smash everything with hammers.
That's the origin of the name isn't it?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I might get back into mini painting. D&D though - if I have to paint more than 3 minis the same colour scheme, I start wanting to smash everything with hammers.

I dunno, I find it super zen to just be able to switch off my brain and paint a little group of plastic people 90% the same, then treat myself to making that last 10% unique instead of having to think up a whole new thing for every individual mini.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Went for a wander down the seafront at saltburn and now I am attempting to finish the entire bottle of bucks fizz before it goes funny because i am the only one who likes it

HopperUK posted:

My sister got me a box of Citadel skulls for basing purposes and she has no idea what she's bought me but she got it anyway :3:

I hope you are going to make one of those miniature houses you were making but fill it with skulls.

I don't have the patience for modelling but I like watching other people do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgXL2eV3PM0

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Dec 25, 2022

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Jeherrin posted:

Happy Christmas, megathread. I did all the cooking which meant I got to hang out in the kitchen listening to black metal at obscene volumes and now that the supper is over everyone else does the washing up.

You’re all my favourite people on the internet.

I used to do that years ago. Didn't do anything at all towards food preparation (which always drove me pots with the squabbling and full kitchen of people bickering) but used to shut myself in the kitchen with a stack of metal tapes (yeah that long ago) and do all the washing up while the rest of em continued squabbling and arguing in the living room.
Then mother bought a dishwasher so that was the end of that.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Dec 25, 2022

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

OwlFancier posted:

I hope you are going to make one of those miniature houses you were making but fill it with skulls.

You know what, I wasn't *going* to but this is intriguing

I am very bad at painting minis because of my eyes and my hands and my general wild impatience but I did paint a stupid orc yesterday that amused me very much.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

HopperUK posted:

I am very bad at painting minis because of my eyes and my hands and my general wild impatience but I did paint a stupid orc yesterday that amused me very much.

Now do the rest of flavour town

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005

HopperUK posted:

This is excellent.

I've had to ban myself from eBay because I've been stress-buying old Skaven for the last six months due to work issues. I've even painted some.

Went to an actual Games Workshop for the first time in years as well, but it's not the same now you're not 13 and they're not wearing red jumpers and everything is plastic these days.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

HopperUK posted:

Warboss Guy Fieri is a very good orc.

I used to own one of those shirts but alas it disappeared at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

You might actually like the little Underworlds boxes they do these days, 3-6 varied little freaks to paint. There's a great one that's a pirate ogre, some goblins, a parrot and a monkey with a knife stuck to its tail.