Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Star Man posted:

Matt Furie expressed his opinion about it by killing Pepe, but that poo poo was out of his control. I think it just ran its course and phased out on its own.

Just think about all the ugly frog tattoos that will linger on for decades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Star Man posted:

Matt Furie expressed his opinion about it by killing Pepe, but that poo poo was out of his control. I think it just ran its course and phased out on its own.
The Nazis were upset that Furie was making news about how terrible the appropriation was and they decided it wasn't nakedly terrible enough so they launched their own Dollar General Pepe that could be used exclusively to signal you were a Nazi shithead:

Groyper

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

yea he's fatter and grosser. he's a more disgusting creature than we've ever seen before.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

FilthyImp posted:

The Nazis were upset that Furie was making news about how terrible the appropriation was and they decided it wasn't nakedly terrible enough so they launched their own Dollar General Pepe that could be used exclusively to signal you were a Nazi shithead:

Groyper

That's wild. And in my defense:

Star Man posted:

It's that most people don't dedicate all of their screen time to arguing politics and keeping up with every single dog whistle and co-opting of memes used by neo-nazis.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Mantis42 posted:

yea he's fatter and grosser. he's a more disgusting creature than we've ever seen before.

Is that the toddler like pepe thirsty for getting side hugs from a tradwife?

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
Pepe was also, coincidentally, the face of the Free Hong Kong protests before china's bullshit national security law shut it down.

I was living there at the time and was really shocked when I first encountered Pepe plastered on Lennon Walls and protest sites.

Most Hong Kong people had no idea what it meant outside of that context.

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog

Xander B Coolridge posted:

Pepe was also, coincidentally, the face of the Free Hong Kong protests before china's bullshit national security law shut it down.

I was living there at the time and was really shocked when I first encountered Pepe plastered on Lennon Walls and protest sites.

I visited during a wave of protests in Oct 2019 and was shocked at the number of American flags I saw in those crowds. I think they were just desperately trying to get the world's attention and bring the US into the fight. Sorry 'bout that, Hong Kong, you caught us in a really bad time to give a poo poo about international affairs. :sad:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I think Glenn Beck is my "favorite" right wing media personality to listen to. Hannity is a broken record who just repeats the exact same poo poo day after day, in the exact same words every time, and Clay and Buck are just too dull to be interesting most of the time. Jesse Kelly is a smug rear end in a top hat who's just annoying to listen to except when he flips out like he did the other night.

But Glenn Beck is genuinely entertaining because you never know what crazy thing he's going to talk about. They were doing a "Best of" today since he's still on vacation but the small snippets I heard were somewhat recent and crazy as always.

Started out by calling a woman stupid because she traded in her Tesla for a Volkswagon EV. Literally their reasoning was "Uh, don't you dumb liberals realize Volkswagon was founded by Hitler? You'd rather support Hitler than Elon Musk?"

Then it was talk about how the Fed has released the CBDC. He claims they released it on Wednesday afternoon, when everyone was too busy being distracted by the upcoming Christmas weekend to notice. This is simultaneously scary, because it will be the Mark of the Beast, but also we should laugh at it, because it doesn't work.

Finally it was talk about Biden extending the student loan payment freeze again. This is part of Biden's nefarious plot to destroy the US, because you see, government workers have a program where they're allowed to write off any remaining student loan debt, no matter how large it is, as long as they have made payments on it consistently every month for ten years. But you see, even though student loan payments have been frozen, the time since the freeze started still counts as part of the ten years until the payment can be discharged. So these government workers, who are evil liberals trying to destroy America, are being given a big fat handout by BIden by the past two years counting as making payments even though they haven't been!

So yeah like I said. Beck is stupid as hell but at least he always has new material and is usually interesting in the poo poo he says. Like the CBDC being the Mark of the Beast, you think Hannity is going to say insane poo poo like that?

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005
If you can find a Salem Media station, they're loving hilarious, since they're basically dollar store Rush Limbaugh.

The one I used to listen to had lovely knockoffs of all the "important" right-wing talking heads, so they had Charlie Kirk instead of Smol Ben, "The Officer Tatum Show" instead of Dan Bongino, Dennis Prager instead of Rush Limbaugh, and Sebastian Gorka had a show for some reason.

That station also had zero ads for actual businesses (100% of the ads were for their own shows, Salem movies, or other Salem stations), so I'm pretty sure the entire thing is a money laundering operation somehow.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Twelve by Pies posted:

I think Glenn Beck is my "favorite" right wing media personality to listen to. Hannity is a broken record who just repeats the exact same poo poo day after day, in the exact same words every time, and Clay and Buck are just too dull to be interesting most of the time. Jesse Kelly is a smug rear end in a top hat who's just annoying to listen to except when he flips out like he did the other night.

But Glenn Beck is genuinely entertaining because you never know what crazy thing he's going to talk about.

Along similar lines: I'm not sure if Joe Rogan counts as RWM and I haven't listened to his show much aside from some clips but...

He's a good interviewer...?

I don't care much for him personally and my perception may be clouded by the fact that I listened to the shows until recently where he had stand up comics on that I like. I think that might account for my surprising level of entertainment with the podcasts I listened to.

I am not here to defend Joe Rogan in any way but, having subjected myself to his interviews with Ron White, Dice Clay, Dan Akroyd and a few other people who I forget that I checked out, I have to admit that unlike a LOT of super media personalities, he gives his guests a lot of room to breathe and speak and I honestly get why he's popular. Can't say the same for anyone on FOX News or talk radio to be honest.

In a lot of ways, he seems to me like a mirror image of just about where the country is politically and intellectually, like the perfect avatar in many ways. He's not an idiot but he's not bright. He's got a lot of "both sides" poo poo going on and seems to know just enough to have bad opinions, but he's also self deprecating and admits to being as full of poo poo as anyone, which you'll never hear Tucker or Hannity admit to. He gives his guests a very wide berth and seems genuinely open to ideas and sources he hadn't heard of or known about and doesn't argue or shout over his guests. He likes and respects money and those that earn it, like most Americans.

I get the sense that my modest "I don't think he's a monster" take on it may be due to the specific episodes I listened to and that how much I enjoy a particular episode largely boils down to how much I liked his guest -and not him but that's to his credit in certain ways, at least for me.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

BiggerBoat posted:

Along similar lines: I'm not sure if Joe Rogan counts as RWM and I haven't listened to his show much aside from some clips but...

I don't care much for him personally and my perception may be clouded by the fact that I listened to the shows until recently where he had stand up comics on that I like. I think that might account for my surprising level of entertainment with the podcasts I listened to.

I am not here to defend Joe Rogan in any way but, having subjected myself to his interviews with Ron White, Dice Clay, Dan Akroyd and a few other people who I forget that I checked out, I have to admit that unlike a LOT of super media personalities, he gives his guests a lot of room to breathe and speak and I honestly get why he's popular. Can't say the same for anyone on FOX News or talk radio to be honest.

In a lot of ways, he seems to me like a mirror image of just about where the country is politically and intellectually, like the perfect avatar in many ways. He's not an idiot but he's not bright. He's got a lot of "both sides" poo poo going on and seems to know just enough to have bad opinions, but he's also self deprecating and admits to being as full of poo poo as anyone, which you'll never hear Tucker or Hannity admit to. He gives his guests a very wide berth and seems genuinely open to ideas and sources he hadn't heard of or known about and doesn't argue or shout over his guests. He likes and respects money and those that earn it, like most Americans.

I get the sense that my modest "I don't think he's a monster" take on it may be due to the specific episodes I listened to and that how much I enjoy a particular episode largely boils down to how much I liked his guest -and not him but that's to his credit in certain ways, at least for me.

The thing that defines Rogan for me is when he lost his poo poo at a primatologist who called his show to try to correct a mistake he had made talking about a news story. He kept yelling at her about how she was dumb and I think he called her a oval office as well. I will agree that such a reaction is about where the nation is, intellectually speaking.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Panfilo posted:

Is that the toddler like pepe thirsty for getting side hugs from a tradwife?

different frog than groyper, but another indicator you're dealing with someone not worth dealing with.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

BiggerBoat posted:

I have tried listening to him and he kinda just comes off as a dumb jock, maybe not neferious with ulterior motives but an moron who will side with chuds because chuds arguments are usually simpler then others. i listened to him talk to some photographer and he just came off as dim and would say stupid poo poo, but whatever.

I will say he doesn't have the issue i have with various lefty podcasts i listen to where half the time they never get to the loving subject of the lesson(We don't speak german) or have long diatribes that go no where and then never really cover much(we dont speak german, behind the bastards, etc) its not a bad thing but jesus, like sometimes just get to the loving point.

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Prager's bullshit is still blowing my mind because it's entirely on the cusp of understanding something that it absolutely must refuse. He's incensed by the constant influx of his followers explaining that their political views cause their grown offspring to stop voluntarily associating with them, and he has to find some way that this is intolerance and that for some reason old bigoted fucks are entitled to the gracious presence of their family

And to do this he must completely erase any professed knowledge of any circumstance where conservatives estranged their liberal children, despite the part where they hold a virtual monopoly on epidemic estrangement of children who come out as lgbt

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

No, no. It’s only wrong when the child abandons the parent, because the child is the property of the parent. The obscenity to him is not the cruelty of abandonment, but the fact that the child dares to violate the natural order and not remain submissive. The parent of course has the right to do and say anything to the child.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

BiggerBoat posted:

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005

Staluigi posted:

Prager's bullshit is still blowing my mind because it's entirely on the cusp of understanding something that it absolutely must refuse.

I can't understand how anyone can listen to him, since he sounds like Garrison Keillor chugged a bunch of Ambien, and desperately wants to use the N-word.

Not quite as painful as Ben Shapiro, but still pretty bad.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

azflyboy posted:

I can't understand how anyone can listen to him, since he sounds like Garrison Keillor chugged a bunch of Ambien, and desperately wants to use the N-word.

Not quite as painful as Ben Shapiro, but still pretty bad.

Ben is a grape, Prager is a raisin. Give the 'conservative wunderkind' ten more years and he'll be a xerox.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

Xander B Coolridge posted:

Over 90% of the people using Pepe never did so in any bigoted context, and nazis have appropriated nearly every other meme for their own uses. Incuding basic emoticons

The only thing that kicked off the correlation was a blog post by the Clinton campaign reacting to an instagram post by Don Jr. In which he posted a photoshop of the Expendables movie poster which included Pepe

Although Don Jr is a bigot shithead for overlapping but non-identical reasons, it seemed like a real stretch to devote a press release to it since apparently Pepe was the most offensive thing in it. And the meme pic didn't seem to include any bigoted content (unless you count all pro-Trump propaganda or the Expendables franchise to be the equivalent of nazi symbology).

They also had to explain that it was "almost entirely" co-opted by white nationalist, which was a claim Matt Furie pushed hard back against even at the time. I have no doubt that their social media staffer was inundiated with nazi pepe posts every time they checked the campaign's twitter accounts, but I suppose everyone has their own tunnel-vision when it comes to defining the internet

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

J.A.B.C. posted:

Ben is a grape, Prager is a raisin. Give the 'conservative wunderkind' ten more years and he'll be a xerox.

Ten years? Ben's already starting to look extremely pickled and he's not even 40 yet.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

I AM GRANDO posted:

No, no. It’s only wrong when the child abandons the parent, because the child is the property of the parent. The obscenity to him is not the cruelty of abandonment, but the fact that the child dares to violate the natural order and not remain submissive. The parent of course has the right to do and say anything to the child.

I'm fairly certain this would unironically be their argument. "The Bible commands you to honor your father and mother, but it doesn't command parents to honor their children. Therefore if a parent wants to be around his family he is entitled to it and the children are wrong to withhold their presence from the parent, and if the parent estranges the child the child is also in the wrong, because if they were honoring their parents they wouldn't have been estranged."

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

So I'm traveling out of the country, but what's this I heard about Benji having a piss fit about being deceived by the writers of a mystery movie? Glass onion, which I haven't really heard much about except it's a sequel to Knives Out.

Does he legitimately not understand how the mystery genre works? Or is he just keeping up the ire at the foreigner winning in the last one?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

It's literally that, plus it caricatures Musk and has Bautista as a right-wing "mandom" grifter

Dunno what he was expecting when the first one had a parody of him too

(the nazi child)

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

FFT posted:

It's literally that, plus it caricatures Musk and has Bautista as a right-wing "mandom" grifter

Dunno what he was expecting when the first one had a parody of him too

(the nazi child)

yeah, the first one craps all over the conservatives and has a giant gently caress you ending to them. lol at small ben and other chuds realizing these movies hate them just now.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I have tried listening to him and he kinda just comes off as a dumb jock, maybe not neferious with ulterior motives but an moron who will side with chuds because chuds arguments are usually simpler then others. i listened to him talk to some photographer and he just came off as dim and would say stupid poo poo, but whatever.

I gave up on Rogan back in 2010 when he was talking to Neil Degrasse Tyson and insisting that the moon landing was fake. Dude is a straight up clod.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Staluigi posted:

And to do this he must completely erase any professed knowledge of any circumstance where conservatives estranged their liberal children, despite the part where they hold a virtual monopoly on epidemic estrangement of children who come out as lgbt

Well no abandoned LGBT children have called in to his radio show to tell him about it, so he has no way of knowing if they even exist

bartok
May 10, 2006

I listened to Joe Rogan when he would just have on comedians to shoot the poo poo back in the early days of podcasting. When he started having on non-funny guests to back-up his very stupid beliefs and conspiracy theories is when I checked out. I only found out about the podcast because I was sadly an Opie & Anthony fan back in the day and thought Joe Rogan was funny on that show.

bartok fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Dec 27, 2022

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I can't stand Rogan because he'll have people belting out some of the most vile poo poo and just "Hmm, really? Tell me more" about it. You do not, in fact, have to tolerate the intolerant in the name of free speech. Just because something isn't targeting you as the out group you doesn't mean it should be given legitimacy.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

bird food bathtub posted:

I can't stand Rogan because he'll have people belting out some of the most vile poo poo and just "Hmm, really? Tell me more" about it. You do not, in fact, have to tolerate the intolerant in the name of free speech. Just because something isn't targeting you as the out group you doesn't mean it should be given legitimacy.

yeah, i just get sick off all his guests being chud morons and him just vacantly smilling and giving the thumbs up because he thinks people who care are squares or some poo poo. he also just isnt my cup of tea in general, he isnt funny.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

He is the perfect host for people to come and talk to because he just lets them talk while occasionally going “oh wow, so how does that work?” 99% of the time, he never argues back because of that style.

He also never actually put any work in to learn about the subject beforehand so he can claim that he has plausible deniability if his guest lies. Also, he will never come back on their lies unless it personally affects him. The perfect example of this was Trump grifter, Jason Miller, lying about GETTR and making an account for Rogan while lying to Rogan about how much the site was used. Rogan actually saw how he got scammed and came out to say that the site sucked because he was lied to.

It was amazing to listen to knowledge fight episode on 9/11/01 to hear Joe Rogan call into Infowars. Rogan actually called out Jones’ bullshit but the years and his podcast show seem to have left that bullshit radar to the side.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

The comic leaves out the part where Joe Rogan just blandly goes "oh, oh yeah, uh huh oh interesting"

joe rogan is a credulous dummy and no one should really give him any attention.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Gawdammit, got back from vacation and immediately accosted by the chuds at work about "the horrible treatment Kari Lake got!"

If it wasn't for the straight up commies running the server room I'd be out of here.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

I gave up on Rogan back in 2010 when he was talking to Neil Degrasse Tyson and insisting that the moon landing was fake. Dude is a straight up clod.

For me, it was his interview with Les Stroud where Les managed to completely convince him that Bigfoot was real in less than two minutes by saying he heard some strange noises outside his tent one night while filming a Suvivorman episode that he couldn't explain. And I said to myself "this guy is either overselling his enthrallment to the idea to put Stroud over with his audience, or he is the most credulous motherfucker alive", and it turned out the be the latter. A man in possession of a perfectly concave cranium in search of outside thoughts to temporarily fill it with without obstacle or obstruction before its all drained out again moments later.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Levantine posted:

The comic leaves out the part where Joe Rogan just blandly goes "oh, oh yeah, uh huh oh interesting"
"Woooooowwwww.... Hey cue up that video of the chimp cumming on himself"

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

FilthyImp posted:

"Woooooowwwww.... Hey cue up that video of the chimp cumming on himself"

Hell is a conversation between Joe Rogan and Tim Pool that just lasts for all of eternity. Each man tries to see if they can out amorphous smoothbrain the other and it just turns into to fascist chatbots debating each other's very ontology.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Twelve by Pies posted:

I'm fairly certain this would unironically be their argument. "The Bible commands you to honor your father and mother, but it doesn't command parents to honor their children. Therefore if a parent wants to be around his family he is entitled to it and the children are wrong to withhold their presence from the parent, and if the parent estranges the child the child is also in the wrong, because if they were honoring their parents they wouldn't have been estranged."

Ignoring, as always, the literal verse that follows the one about children honoring their parents, in which parents are similarly commanded to treat their children well lest they be driven away.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Apparently Tucker had the crazy LibsofTikTok lady on his show last night to spout her insane bullshit

She should be in prison right now, not on national TV

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

FlamingLiberal posted:

Apparently Tucker had the crazy LibsofTikTok lady on his show last night to spout her insane bullshit

So should Tucker. The GOP are now openly fascist and it won't stop. They are intentionally creating domestic terrorists and fanning the flames. I don't know what it will take for "middle America" to see it

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

FlamingLiberal posted:

Now that she's revealed herself, this is the perfect time to read this well-researched and cross-referenced examination of Chaya Raichik's artificially engineered and meticulously coordinated and stage-managed rise to power under the careful grooming of The Bablyon Bee's Seth Dillon. It's absolutely wild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

FlamingLiberal posted:

https://twitter.com/Esqueer_/status/1607741993089892353
https://twitter.com/Esqueer_/status/1607788872930586624

i mean she is al awaki for the chuds so yeah probably.