Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Offler posted:

I think one of the reasons he wanted to buy Twitter was that he genuinely must have believed that the company had conspired to silence and cancel right wing people, and thus he would be able to uncover a bunch of proof of this conspiracy once he was in charge. It's the only reason I can think of why he keeps banging his head against the wall with the "twitter files" nonsense even though you'd basically have to pay people to care anymore. He was just so drat certain that there would be boxes and hard drives full of evidence all over the place, so even though there's nothing there some people still have their marching orders and have to pretend to be scandalized over nothing - over and over again.

He’ll pivot to “it all got deleted :cry:” sooner or later. Someone will have to suggest this to him, as thoughts aren’t the type of thing to happen in that perfectly smooth brain of his.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Jelly posted:

I think in the spirit of Christmas, despite the GBS mod having the quicker trigger, it would be nice if he was still awarded a Mariah Carey image.

Working on it!

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
drat cant believe Clinton used her acid wet wipes to Bitbleach the drives so even god himself could even read them.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Ups_rail posted:

The coming narrative is going to be that social media/ big tech are fronts for the intelligence services running "psy-ops".

coming narrative....???

is this post from 2016?

this was a thing Trump blustered about. A lot.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

hell yeah now we can accuse musk of taking money from terrorists

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Robo Reagan posted:

wow, what a

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Merry Christmas to everyone in this thread except for Elon Musk who is a gopping minge.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

It'd be pretty funny if Twitter gets sued because of some poo poo that Elon revealed back from "old twitter"

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Robo Reagan posted:

I wonder what cunning stunt we can expect from Elon tomorrow.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

steinrokkan posted:

Rip some fat lines, unplug some servers, buzz the hoover dam. Typical monday stuff.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
musk engaging in light treason is a perfect xmas gift, lol

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Robo Reagan posted:

He’s violeting the law!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

steinrokkan posted:

Elon is dead in a twitter toilet right now

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Frank Frank posted:

He’s violeting the law!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCsMKypvmB0

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Frank Frank posted:

He’s violeting the law!

Color me shocked as I taste the rainbow that is hunters hog

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

FPzero posted:

Part 9? When was part 8?

Tells you how much anyone cares about this by now, Merry Christmas to all goons.

8 was damning evidence of the FBI repaying Twitter for time spent collecting evidence during investigations

stinky ox
Mar 29, 2007
I am a stinky ox.
Elon Musk is an absolute berk.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
Can we call him a twat

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021
Miles Bron can't be Elon because Miles is evil but does cartoon billionaire poo poo and knows how to have fun, while Elon is evil but has never done cool billionaire poo poo, just sits on his rear end in an office/airplane playing on his phone all day, and seems mentally and physically incapable of understanding fun. Leave it to Hollywood libs to constantly fellate billionaires and try to make them look cool!

Edit:

https://twitter.com/HallGrae/status/1606894380992069632

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Azhais posted:

8 was damning evidence of the FBI repaying Twitter for time spent collecting evidence during investigations

I know 1 was telling people where to find pictures of Hunter's hog on archive.org, and I saw 8, but 2-7 completely passed me by. I assume they were even bigger nothingburgers than the two I'm aware of?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Teratrain posted:

Can we call him a twat

Only if you can pronounce it properly.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
How do you mispronounce twat

Offler
Mar 27, 2010

PITY BONER posted:

Miles Bron can't be Elon because Miles is evil but does cartoon billionaire poo poo and knows how to have fun, while Elon is evil but has never done cool billionaire poo poo, just sits on his rear end in an office/airplane playing on his phone all day, and seems mentally and physically incapable of understanding fun. Leave it to Hollywood libs to constantly fellate billionaires and try to make them look cool!

Even his attempts at appearing like a fun-loving billionaire are so pathetically lame. Whooo, caffeine-free diet coke and gamer guns without triggers - now that's living like a loving rockstar, baby!

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Offler posted:

I think one of the reasons he wanted to buy Twitter was that he genuinely must have believed that the company had conspired to silence and cancel right wing people, and thus he would be able to uncover a bunch of proof of this conspiracy once he was in charge. It's the only reason I can think of why he keeps banging his head against the wall with the "twitter files" nonsense even though you'd basically have to pay people to care anymore. He was just so drat certain that there would be boxes and hard drives full of evidence all over the place, so even though there's nothing there some people still have their marching orders and have to pretend to be scandalized over nothing - over and over again.

The thing is that he didn't want to actually buy Twitter, at least not for the insane price he ended shelling out for it. You know how much you have to gently caress up as an extremely wealthy white dude in the US to actually be held to task for a mistake you made?

I think that Musk was trying to effectively destroy Twitter, joining the board, and maybe buying it for much less, but his rear end got high and signed an agreement that was ironclad and waived due diligence. He HAD to buy it.

Now, he blames the original Twitter owners/employees not only for "SPREADING THE WOKE MIND VIRUS" but for making him agree to the deal that he signed.

I love that he keeps crying, "I'm a centrist" while simultaneously not revealing any of the requests Trump's team made while he was actually President.

1969 baby
Apr 29, 2013

Teratrain posted:

you ought to know that.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Elon Musk
Is a twunt

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Teratrain posted:

Is it "a" as in "apple" or "a" as in "awful"?

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

goatface posted:

Only if you can pronounce it properly.

Yes, I always pronounced it twat, but later learned it was pronounced twat.

Embarrassing

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Robo Reagan posted:

Is it an accusation if it's just in plain sight?

Here I was thinking that the thing we got Elon for would be the Taliban using Teslas as makeshift firebombs, not just deciding to hand him less money than an SA account to gain perceived legitimacy with nerds.

OrthoTrot
Dec 10, 2006
Its either Trotsky or its Notsky
It should rhyme with hat. For some reason Americans seem to pronounce it "twart" or "twot".

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Telsa Cola posted:

Yes, I always pronounced it twat, but later learned it was pronounced twat.

Embarrassing

The only reason I found out how it was actually pronounced was Conkers Bad Fur Day

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

it's pronounced "sword"

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

tw@

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Lol at Elon committing light treason

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I m confused dont we have diplomatic relations with the Taliban?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Ups_rail posted:

I m confused dont we have diplomatic relations with the Taliban?

that just means appointed failsons from each country might still talk to each other, doesn't have anything to do with sanctions or laws

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Why would that matter? We got diplomatic relations with Russia and we're sanctioning the poo poo out of them.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

the taliban won fair and square seems kind of rude to embargo them after a hard fought victory

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Elon Musk is a penis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Love to break US and UN sanctions by directly doing business with the Taliban for $8.