Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mila kunis posted:

lol what the gently caress was this perma

that was another odd thing I asked about in the feedback thread, but didn’t get an answer for. fully 600% more cspammer bans+permas that listed a toxic posting history or lifetime achievement as the ban reason. for some reason it appears that the mods and admins hate-lurk cspam and track ‘problem posters’ much more closely than any other forum, it’s very odd. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Mods have an unhealthy relationship with a web forums, if only someone could do something about it :sad:

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
^^^the mods and admins have a parasocial relationship with cspam and it’s not healthy. y’all need an intervention for your own good, it’s not our fault you have no impulse control.

in conclusion: congrats majorian,

Cuttlefush posted:

you ruined christmas

ho ho ho :)

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Vibes-based moderation

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

It’s not Majorian who scares me. It’s the CSPAM posters that found it easier to pick up rashism and kill, torture, rape innocent fellas in GBS rather than build a better subforum for themselves back where they belong

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

stephenthinkpad posted:

It's a political gesture. The meeting readout is very short.

It's kind of a curve ball that allow outside many different interpretations.

I have come to the conclusion that Macron is a little cuck since he didn't do anything meaningful after Biden stole the Aussie submarine contract from France. He is more of papertiger than Scholz. At least Scholz went to Beijing and signed fat contracts and he didn't.

the economist’s radical centrist is a cuck with no plan or strategy beyond the usual neoliberal garbage? say it isn’t so :monocle:

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Isizzlehorn posted:

It’s not Majorian who scares me. It’s the CSPAM posters that found it easier to pick up rashism and kill, torture, rape innocent fellas in GBS rather than build a better subforum for themselves back where they belong

A very special posting operation

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Isizzlehorn posted:

someone help me carry this washing machine i stole from the OSHA thread

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Gripweed posted:

ooh that's a good point. If we've got any Russian-born emigres, now would be a really good time to start positioning yourself as the legitimate ruler of your home oblast.

personally i'm absolutely convinced that the us is already readying a bunch of expats to start making noises about how their ancestral siberian backwater is totally being genocided by the vile russians

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Not sure if that's going to work. There's a certain assumption that the far east Russians are a lot more nationalist and it's those metropolitan libs in moscow and peter that are selling out to the west for treats.

Guess someone might try and put that theory to the test.

https://youtu.be/j_51gNO2xjY

Lostconfused has issued a correction as of 21:28 on Dec 25, 2022

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Isizzlehorn posted:

That's good, I don't want to scare anyone. Least of all on Christmas.

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum
Merry Christmas. WAAAGH is over… If you want it.

iCe-CuBe.
Jun 9, 2011
Im scared and I want my mommy.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
https://twitter.com/ukraine/status/1607067227253272576

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Armadillo Tank posted:

None of it needs to be. It's a metal rod optimized. The price point is fabricated in another facility (think of a national armory but for sucking legislators dicks)

At least the MPF has a rifled cannon for HE ammo.

This seems about right, since Rheinmetall said they could just convert existing stores of obsolete 105/120mm ammo, I suppose by drilling out the penetrators. DIME is another issue entirely, as it's a war crime. Hasn't stopped Israel from using it in Gaza, but it's a pretty big hinderance for everyone else.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Cerebral Bore posted:

personally i'm absolutely convinced that the us is already readying a bunch of expats to start making noises about how their ancestral siberian backwater is totally being genocided by the vile russians

100%, and like always, it will work on everyone domestically

leraddude
Dec 9, 2022

by Hand Knit

Hmm yes Ukraine is certainly doing much better now than they were during the USSR... just the bestest and biggest brains in charge of ukraine right now

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

leraddude posted:

Hmm yes Ukraine is certainly doing much better now than they were during the USSR... just the bestest and biggest brains in charge of ukraine right now

Some of them are doing much better

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Frosted Flake posted:

There is 105×617mmR high explosive ammo, but there’s something weird about it that I can’t remember off the top of my head. Maybe German-only production?

I forget what the mix for Canadian Leos was, but I remember it was on one of my ammo courses. I think HE was not widely produced in favour of HESH and HEAT, but there was something else too.

I also remember it was used for the late 80’s ammo developments we all know and love, so there’s been trials of DIME, PELE and the other magic projectile that was going to replace HE, FAP.

Just look up the kind of ammo money has been going into developing for 30 years now lol. Obscenely expensive and complex, imo for its own sake.

That said, I would say a modernized T-55 has a bit of an awkward place on the battlefield in the sense while HESH/HEAT rounds are useful to a certain extent I don't know how much they have been used compared to HE-FRAG (I guess it is still up in the air if it exists), and is a T-55 with a rifled 105mm firing sabots is going to be enough for more recent Soviet tanks with modern ERA. I guess you could use it an assault gun? In the end there are 28 of them, but eventually I guess the play is going to eventually be just hand over old Leopards and maybe some AMX-30s?

Yeah, it is a good thing there is more civilian spending in the recent bill, I would say the issue is just amount the general gap the Ukrainians are going to face, in particular, I don't see how the IMF's recommendations are going to be possible (more than normally so).

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

Some of them are doing much better

for example: the right wing ultranationalist psychos the soviets exiled for running nazi newspapers

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

lobotomy molo posted:

for example: the right wing ultranationalist psychos the soviets exiled for running nazi newspapers

It's a good time for comedians

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

It's a good time for comedians

:captainpop:

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Ytlaya posted:

No. But I can assure you they were extremely abusive. Some of the most abusive PMs I've ever seen, in fact. I literally fainted upon witnessing some of them.

Many people are saying.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

I love how this is a war between two hypercapitalist nightmare states and yet Communism's the rhetorical punching bag.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Can we get the Bad Posters list just so we know who can't joke about various Baltic tribes?

If anyone talks poo poo about the Kashubians it's on sight.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
It's Lenin's Ukraine Vs The USSR

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Just lol if you don't stan Lenin imo

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i learned about the kashubians from the tin drum

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1607068842219692032

Frosted Flake posted:

Can we get the Bad Posters list just so we know who can't joke about various Baltic tribes?

Just don't post bigoted poo poo and don't act like a complete psycho and you'll be fine. The vast majority of you do that just fine.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Majorian posted:

Just don't post bigoted poo poo and don't be an aggro rear end in a top hat and you'll be fine. The vast majority of you do that just fine.

what aggro or bigoted poo poo did thatfatkid post? :)

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

lobotomy molo posted:

what aggro or bigoted poo poo did thatfatkid post? :)

I don't know, I didn't ban him. Ask Azathoth. I've never permaed anyone.

PiratePrentice
Oct 29, 2022

by Hand Knit

Majorian posted:

I don't know, I didn't ban him. Ask Azathoth.

Azathoth just makes poo poo up though

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Orange Devil posted:

Just lol if you don't stan Lenin imo

Lenin certainly beats a bum like Stalin any day of the week

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Majorian posted:

I don't know, I didn't ban him. Ask Azathoth. I've never permaed anyone.

okay, great, so we’ve established that ‘don’t be bigoted’ is no guarantee that any poster will be fine. good talk, thanks majorian, merry Christmas to all the unjustly banned cspammers. :)

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

lobotomy molo posted:

okay, great, so we’ve established that ‘don’t be bigoted’ is no guarantee that any poster will be fine. good talk, thanks majorian, merry Christmas to all the unjustly banned cspammers. :)

I never said not being bigoted was a guarantee that any poster will be fine.:wtc:

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Nonsense posted:

I’m pretty sure strokes leave you incapable of determining geo-politics.

The time Ron Paul made the most sense was the stroke interview.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Just don't offend any hall monitors

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lobotomy molo posted:

idk man i still think comparing and contrasting permas is unhelpful. in an absolute sense it's not hard to avoid getting permad or banned or whatever. if you're thinking about what's technically justified compared to the other thing it'll always look stupid because at the end of the day mods are just as dumb and reactive or arbitrary as any other poster, don't agree with each other, don't agree with themselves, (and sometimes good people i assume).

everyone's just a person making dumb choices and the river keeps running

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Lostconfused posted:

Not sure if that's going to work. There's a certain assumption that the far east Russians are a lot more nationalist and it's those metropolitan libs in moscow and peter that are selling out to the west for treats.

Guess someone might try and put that theory to the test.

https://youtu.be/j_51gNO2xjY

It’s pretty easy to find dissidents in expat communities. By nature they’re people who are willing to pull up and go somewhere else. While that’s sometimes entirely economic there’s often secondary motivations too