Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

I just want to be off brand catachan rambo, make with the wifebeater/shirtless option and the red bandanna already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Arghy posted:

I'd totally buy some of these but until fatshark gets its poo poo together and starts releasing a road map gonna not buy any of them.

yeah same. need actual content first

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I wonder how long until Fatshark attempts to fix the issue with subtitles staying off again.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Tiger Millionaire posted:

I know it's been said in thread but it's very funny they got one of the Actually Good 40k writers on board and the output was... 4 cutscenes where a character tells you "yer ok kid, but you gotta do better"

There's like two pages of lore per cash shop item so I think that's where the effort went

Also while I get that we're part of the Inquisition now so some degree of leeway with appearance is expected, personally I hope they add more cool guardsman poo poo for Vet at least and less space cowboy stuff. I'd buy a Valhallan or Catachan set but none of those primo veteran outfits in the leak look even slightly as cool to me as the generic-rear end Cadian that isn't even a full-price set.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Also right now it feels real bad when you bring a weapon all the way up from grey to orange and it gets a lovely blessing.

Feels bad, man.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
lol that people haven't even mentioned any of the non vet cosmetics. Stuff in the leak looks cool and it sucks poo poo that it's all overpriced paid content.

It's funny to have gotten into VT2 with the chaos wastes expansion and have wondered what all the grousing was about and then experienced this release.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Internet Explorer posted:

Also right now it feels real bad when you bring a weapon all the way up from grey to orange and it gets a lovely blessing.

Feels bad, man.

Wait a few weeks and then put a new one on?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Those Ogryn ones all look loving awesome. God damnit.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Probably gonna get that top middle vet one and stick that top left vet helmet on it, mmm mmm.

I'm kinda surprised they haven't done a Tanith 1st one? Or, did they and I'm just dim?

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona

Feels bad, man.

It's the loving worst! I hate farming for plasteel!

Vagabong posted:

It's funny to have gotten into VT2 with the chaos wastes expansion and have wondered what all the grousing was about and then experienced this release.

People have talked a lot in the thread about how bad VT2's release was, but I can not stress enough how DT's has been next loving level, it's not even close. There was some connection issues, but getting reconnected (or into a match in the first place) took maybe 1/10th the amount of time, and some things just didn't work, but almost every instance of it was "huh, I just thought that felt bad" instead of "this fundamentally makes certain ways to play the game unplayable."

I put 100 hours into VT2s beta, then an easy 100 more during the first few weeks of release, then went on to play hundreds more since. I can say with 100% certainty that if I didn't learn to play VT2 at a high level and have most of those skills translate to DT coupled with the fact that there is literally nothing else in gaming that scratches this particular itch, I would have dropped the game weeks ago.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

!Klams posted:

Probably gonna get that top middle vet one and stick that top left vet helmet on it, mmm mmm.

I'm kinda surprised they haven't done a Tanith 1st one? Or, did they and I'm just dim?

They haven't really done anything but the Armageddon outfit. They don't even have the Inquisition storm trooper look in the game despite the ship ostensibly having loads of NPC storm troopers standing guard.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Legit Businessman posted:

Wait a few weeks and then put a new one on?

For sure, waiting a few weeks feels better. You're right.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

The shop gave me a max-statted XII. I'm not wild about how the perks and blessings came out, but what direction would you take this?

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Nehru the Damaja posted:

The shop gave me a max-statted XII. I'm not wild about how the perks and blessings came out, but what direction would you take this?

Hell no, that's near ideal. vs Maniacs IMO is top tier since some of the more annoying elites and specials are Maniacs, so roll off the ranged damage perk for something like vs Flak Armor. For the blessings, TBH the MK12 doesn't have a stellar selection but Deadly Accurate is one of the better ones, and you can pair it with the blessing that increases your crit chance per weakspot hit until a crit triggers. If there's any failing it has, it's Damage and Stopping Power not rolling 75+ but whatever

toasterwarrior fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Dec 26, 2022

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Yeah, agreed with that. I'd roll crit dmg off to flak. Really nice weapon, congrats.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I'd take the +damage to elites, myself. There are a bunch more enemies that have the elite type, and most of them have lots of hit points.

That's a supremely good gun.

For sure, waiting a few weeks feels better. You're right.

:rolleyes:

It's very unfortunate that the game isn't feature complete, we get it.

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Dec 26, 2022

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Mendrian posted:

Sometimes you walk into a room on Heresy+ and there's just wall to wall shooters in there and you can't afford to just run in and go ham.

I think one of us is playing zealot wrong.

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.
Anyone getting backend error trying to sign into the game?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Nehru the Damaja posted:

exceptional gun. God drat, grats

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Valtonen posted:

Anyone getting backend error trying to sign into the game?

Whole team had weird lag when I played a few hours ago, but it seems to work now.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Dec 26, 2022

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Cyrano4747 posted:

If you’re a zealot and have your ranged out for more than emergency rear end in a top hat deletion* you’re the bad pubbie.

Ehh, if your veterans are playing with their swords, the zealot needs to be shooting. SOMEONE has to be shooting at the ranged stuff, and I can pop heads as well as anybody with my lasgun. Big cummers knows what he's talking about

big cummers ONLY posted:

Most pub games I play floating support, no matter what my build or loadout is.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Would totally get any of these outfits or pieces (I love the stripe pants look its very necromunda/2nd ED codex art)

Honestly if they priced the cosmetics at around 1-2 dollar per piece and 5 dollars for a bundle I'd buy all of them.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Tiger Millionaire posted:

I know it's been said in thread but it's very funny they got one of the Actually Good 40k writers on board and the output was... 4 cutscenes where a character tells you "yer ok kid, but you gotta do better"

Don't forget the final cutscene, "I know who the real traitor is, and I know that you're actually loyal and competent, but I will make a show of pointing a loaded gun at you just because. This demonstrates my competence and will surely not motivate you to shoot me in the back the first chance you get."

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Arc Light posted:

Don't forget the final cutscene, "I know who the real traitor is, and I know that you're actually loyal and competent, but I will make a show of pointing a loaded gun at you just because. This demonstrates my competence and will surely not motivate you to shoot me in the back the first chance you get."

TBH that's on brand for the Imperium.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
The final cutscene is like something out of a bad GTA clone.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Veterans should just get toughness on ranged kills. I know the level 5 feats are dedicated to toughness healing but boy none of that poo poo matters in Malice and above when entire arenas are nothing but ranged enemies chewing you up and you don't have time for fine aiming for those weakspot kills and garbage mobs spawn literally behind you, breaking the 8 meter threshold.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Jimbot posted:

Veterans should just get toughness on ranged kills. I know the level 5 feats are dedicated to toughness healing but boy none of that poo poo matters in Malice and above when entire arenas are nothing but ranged enemies chewing you up and you don't have time for fine aiming for those weakspot kills and garbage mobs spawn literally behind you, breaking the 8 meter threshold.

It gets easier with the feat that gives you 75% ranged damage reduction with Volleyfire on. If you're getting melted by ranged attacks, back off and let your team draw their attention, or slide to avoid attacks, or throw a grenade, or die and complain about game balance in chat, etc.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Got the last part covered but I'll give the 75% range reduction feat a shot. That random enemy spawning behind you nonsense has to get fixed, however.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Give me the chaos wastes equivalent in 40k with optional encounters and corrupting yourself with weird powers as the run goes on and randomized levels.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
A lot of players forget that one of the main purposes of cover is to minimize the number of targets who can shoot back at you. If there are dozens of shooters at the other end of the arena, you can usually crouch and crawl and peek in such a way that only a small handful of baddies are visible at any one time. Kill them, then reposition slightly and repeat.

That may sound obvious, but the times I’ve spectated vets while dead suggests that this concept escapes a large majority of players. Very frequently people will duck behind low cover only to pop up and trade shots with a firing squad of scabs like they’re playing Time Crisis or something. While I understand you may want to sometimes draw fire to lessen the pressure on teammates, any time you’re at low toughness it’s almost certainly a bad idea.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I feel like the stability of the game has somehow gotten worse over time? I've never had much in the way of disconnection problems before but the last couple of days have been giving me a crazy amount of Error Code 2001's.

I more than meet system requirements and I verified the integrity of the game files as well as made sure all graphic drivers are up to date.

Goddamnit :fatshark:

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

You're the one who brought it up!

I'm just saying that upgrading a weapon from zero to hero only to have it essentially critically fail at the last step sucks! You don't have to tell me the ability to adjust blessings is coming, I know, it tells me right there in the same window!

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Magitek posted:

A lot of players forget that one of the main purposes of cover is to minimize the number of targets who can shoot back at you. If there are dozens of shooters at the other end of the arena, you can usually crouch and crawl and peek in such a way that only a small handful of baddies are visible at any one time. Kill them, then reposition slightly and repeat.

I even do this on my zealot. I'm just not good enough at games like this to be able to consistently dodge and iframe on my way to melee range, so I play it safe and give some covering fire while I look for opportunities to close distance or save the vet from being suckerpunched.

I'm confused, did you think "wait a few weeks for the game to add functionality" was a good or relevant response to "it feels real bad when you bring a weapon all the way up from grey to orange and it gets a lovely blessing"? It still feels bad, and that poster isn't wrong. Would you not be bummed that you had to wait who knows how long before you could make a really good gun, when you could have one right now, to play with in your video game?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Ended up getting a 380 grenadier gauntlet shortly after but like... it just can't convert me back from the Rumbler.

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona

Magitek posted:

This is conceptually true, but in practice ends up feeling worse than just sidestepping shots or ducking behind a wall long enough for their volley of fire to end. Shooters have perfect aim, and as long as they have line of sight they'll hit you, and given the nature of inconsistent character hitboxes and the fact that they'll hit you if there is any gap in cover of any size whether or not you can see it (or if it's even visible in the texture in the first place) almost any instance of grabbing cover ends of being a "oh man I hope this actually works as cover" moment.

Really you should pay attention to who they're targeting on your team--if it's you, you should take evasive maneuvers, if it's your teammate, you should shoot them.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

That darkness modifier sure was cool the single time I ever got to play a level with one. Would be nice to see them again rather than several thousand missions with extra pox hounds.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Sab Sabbington posted:

This is conceptually true, but in practice ends up feeling worse than just sidestepping shots or ducking behind a wall long enough for their volley of fire to end. Shooters have perfect aim, and as long as they have line of sight they'll hit you, and given the nature of inconsistent character hitboxes and the fact that they'll hit you if there is any gap in cover of any size whether or not you can see it (or if it's even visible in the texture in the first place) almost any instance of grabbing cover ends of being a "oh man I hope this actually works as cover" moment.

This is even funnier because I read a post that how tall your character is actually affects your hitbox. So the tall vets can't actually use some cover because they've jacked the bar up to high.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

dogstile posted:

This is even funnier because I read a post that how tall your character is actually affects your hitbox. So the tall vets can't actually use some cover because they've jacked the bar up to high.

I decided my character had some ratling blood in him so cranked the slider down a little. It's exciting to hear that this has actually made him a better sniper!

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Cover is so weird to use. I wish you could mount it for better and smoother aiming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

CODChimera posted:

yeah same. need actual content first

I keep hearing this, but if you don't like popping heads in this game, no amount of more levels is going to change that. I've already doubled my VT1/2 play time in this game because it's a lot of fun.