Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Cemetry Gator posted:

Why is everyone underrating the Bends? It's wall to wall bangers. Is it because you need to get the b-side Talk Show Host? Is that it? Because I love the Bends.

I think the problem is that if you're a Radiohead fan, basically all their albums are great in one way or another. So even if it's in the lower third it's still good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

SwimNurd posted:

It is a rebrand of the the Gakken Toy Record Maker. It used to be cheaper, I don’t think it is anymore though. Thing is pure trash.

Yeah you can look up some youtube videos where people struggle to make anything sound listenable.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Nightmare Cinema posted:

So we really doing this? Oy.

1. In Rainbows
2. OK Computer
3. A Light For Attracting Attention
4. The King of Limbs: Live from the Basement
5. The Eraser
6. Hail To The Thief
7. Kid A
8. A Moon Shaped Pool
9. The Bends
10. Pablo Honey
11. Anima
12. Amnesiac
13. Tomorrow's Modern Boxes

No Phil Selway albums, list invalid.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Hail to the Thief
Anima
In Rainbows
Amnesiac
Kid A
King of Limbs
Ok Computer
The Bends
A Moon Shaped Pool
Pablo Honey

everything else.

Anima is also the only good non-radiohead thing the entire group has produced on a solo basis.

:colbert:

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

dorium posted:

Anima is also the only good non-radiohead thing the entire group has produced on a solo basis.

:colbert:

Have you not heard The Smile record yet

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Barry posted:

It’s ok but the material kicks rear end live. The record is kinda boring imo

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I haven't liked anything by them since In Rainbows.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

Bismack Billabongo posted:

It’s good but a lot of the songs make no impact. Planet telex rules

Also the person you quoted has amnesiac as the worst Radiohead album and that is the opinion of a twisted lunatic.

Tbf, I only listened to Amnesiac once like 10 years ago and wasn't wowed by it.

Maybe it's time for a revisit.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Nightmare Cinema posted:

Tbf, I only listened to Amnesiac once like 10 years ago and wasn't wowed by it.

Maybe it's time for a revisit.

What?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Amnesiac rules. It has two songs that are either too abrasive (Push/Pulk) or an inferior redux (morning bell 2). And everything else on it is immaculate

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
And a lot of people like push pulk. I’m just not one of them

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Pyramid song? Cmon man. Cmon.

Or knives out. Or I might be wrong. Or spinning plates or glass house!!!!! It’s so good.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3764196&perpage=40&pagenumber=1&noseen=1

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
That thread is old and dry. Dusty old bones full of green dust.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Bismack Billabongo posted:

That thread is old and dry.

so is Radiohead

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
No that’s high and dry.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Cemetry Gator posted:

Why is everyone underrating the Bends? It's wall to wall bangers. Is it because you need to get the b-side Talk Show Host? Is that it? Because I love the Bends.

The Bends is the only Radiohead record I’d willingly listen to.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
Radiohead is one of those bands I could never get into because every single Radiohead fan I'd ever met up to the point in my life where you'd be getting into things like that was incredibly annoying and probably also a douchebag. And when I was in high school this one obnoxious burnout would play Karma Police on the juke box in the senior lounge every single day. I'm not making that implication about anyone here. Just that these experiences completely turned me off of the band forever, plus I just can't stand Thom Yorke and he's got one of the most punchable faces in the history of faces.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I got into Radiohead this year, In Rainbows is my favorite album of theirs.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

My favorite Radiohead record is whichever one's the shortest. :v:

(It's Kid A, natch)

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Barry posted:

I said what I said :colbert:

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I bought a record from Amazon the other day and they just slapped a label on the shrink-wrap and sent it out. I am honoured to have joined this very exclusive club!

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Christmas present for myself

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
At least Amazon returns are pretty painless. I took a record from them back to Kohls and Kohls gave me a $10 coupon for it on top of Amazon doing a full refund.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Just got this in the mail via Italy. I grabbed it because I love the title track that a local radio show uses. Wonder if the movie is worth watching.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Ooooooh hell yeah:

https://twitter.com/GhopperFilm/status/1606748005339918336

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Merry Christmas, Something Awful vinyl thread

https://twitter.com/oscos/status/1606525518576336898?s=46&t=voGbyY_35LQIQz47JMEIyw

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Ordered April 4, arrived today December 24.

A long ordeal that seemed to fizzle out back in August, after many emails. Shot an email off on Monday as a hail mary and the dude actually relented and sent the CD I bought nearly 9 months ago. It's a Christmas miracle!

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

CaptainBeefart posted:

Just got this in the mail via Italy. I grabbed it because I love the title track that a local radio show uses. Wonder if the movie is worth watching.

Great movie, great soundtrack

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

CaptainBeefart posted:

The movie is really good, though it's not a Christmas movie, despite the title.

It's also fascinating because it's a Japanese film, but it's mostly in English. Reading about the writing of the film was fascinating because the translator pointed out a ton of problems with the original script. Basically, the original script had the British speaking like Japanese people would speak.

Bowie also pointed out how much attention to detail there was, and how much of the camp that never shows up on screen.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Merry Christmas vinyl thread! There was a shiny new ultrasonic record cleaner under the tree for me.

I had to order a few different chemicals to make a cleaning solution with, so will be a few days before I can actually use it. First impressions are great though, seems to be well built.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Schremp Howard posted:

At least Amazon returns are pretty painless. I took a record from them back to Kohls and Kohls gave me a $10 coupon for it on top of Amazon doing a full refund.

Half the time Amazon doesn't even make you return poo poo they just go "oops!" and send another one. But this is what you get when you order a company that just has endless warehouses full of exhausted people who have to get poo poo out the door as fast as they can or they get fired.

Pretzellogic
Mar 4, 2005

"I wouldn't..."
Christmas!

Also, enjoy a holiday tradition of mine: watching HOG Christmas commercials:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UhSzcm7Hfc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dJ6sKRGs5w

And a non-Christmas one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0czZmnMdSJs

“Can you stand closer the the phone? We're filming this?”

Pretzellogic fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Dec 26, 2022

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Those are two fantastic grabs, my fellow vaporwave lover! :dance:

I'm honestly tempted to make a thread...

petit choux posted:

I am not really knowledgeable about the genre, but that's what I know I can rely on you for info about.

:cheers:

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Great movie, great soundtrack

Cemetry Gator posted:

The movie is really good, though it's not a Christmas movie, despite the title.

It's also fascinating because it's a Japanese film, but it's mostly in English. Reading about the writing of the film was fascinating because the translator pointed out a ton of problems with the original script. Basically, the original script had the British speaking like Japanese people would speak.

Bowie also pointed out how much attention to detail there was, and how much of the camp that never shows up on screen.

Well now I'm convinced to check the movie out. Thanks for the review and information!

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

Why must you kill Christ on his birthday?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Code for the new Leland Whitty solo album. He's the sax player from Bad Bad Not Good. Pretty good little album

The Swamp Thing
Sep 11, 2001

It's the Evolution Revolution.
Help me out. I need to buy some new sleeves. Oversized ones that can fit like a double-LP gatefold. I have normal, 3mm ones. I also have large ones that can fit boxsets. The large ones hang far too loose on the problematic records. Anybody know of a good source for ones that are, say, twice the width of the "regular" sleeves? I just got a couple of Pharaoh Sanders reissues and, like some of my records, I can't find a sleeve that fits them well.

bigman.50grand
Mar 31, 2007
no

Enos Cabell posted:

Code for the new Leland Whitty solo album. He's the sax player from Bad Bad Not Good. Pretty good little album

Thanks for this! I grabbed it, but looks like it could be used more than once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

HK5000 posted:

Help me out. I need to buy some new sleeves. Oversized ones that can fit like a double-LP gatefold. I have normal, 3mm ones. I also have large ones that can fit boxsets. The large ones hang far too loose on the problematic records. Anybody know of a good source for ones that are, say, twice the width of the "regular" sleeves? I just got a couple of Pharaoh Sanders reissues and, like some of my records, I can't find a sleeve that fits them well.

I use these to great success: https://www.amazon.com/Sleeves-Wrinkle-Free-High-Density-Polypropylene-Gatefolds/dp/B09LCN9KKB