Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

didn't have the asia thread for counting out touchdown tom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

TDepressionEarl posted:

asians watching golf, imagine

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

420 Gank Mid posted:

You can reliably track how roided out a sport is by what % of its pro players are over 40

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Slavvy posted:

Baseball is insanely boring I can't believe anyone here thinks otherwise. You might as well watch golf.

It is just so long and tedious with long periods of just absolutely nothing happening, football has plenty of that too especially nowadays, but at least the action makes up for it.

FIFA is only really interesting if you have an invested interest to be honest, most people around the world do but watching two random teams is just mind numbing. Hockey is a bit better.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Ardennes posted:

FIFA is only really interesting if you have an invested interest to be honest, most people around the world do but watching two random teams is just mind numbing.

i think this is true of all sports

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

TDepressionEarl posted:

didn't have the asia thread for counting out touchdown tom

first in their division!!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Lol how is baseball boring when a football match is 90 minutes long

If you want action packed games this just brings us back to basketball

Pinoy pride!!!

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Baseball only works live when you can drunkenly bullshit with all your pals about what pitch he's gonna throw next or taunt the outfielders from the cheap seats. When a lot of sports were live, it was huge.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Baseball only works live when you can drunkenly bullshit with all your pals about what pitch he's gonna throw next or taunt the outfielders from the cheap seats. When a lot of sports were live, it was huge.

all sports are live

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i say swears online posted:

all sports are live

not if youre watching highlights

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

Lol how is baseball boring when a football match is 90 minutes long

If you want action packed games this just brings us back to basketball

Pinoy pride!!!

There's basically zero movement on a baseball field for the majority of the game, just nothing happening but a bunch of dudes standing around in a gigantic field for hours waiting for something to happen. Ya it's fun if you're there drinking beers with buds but just about every other sport is better. Only speaking of American baseball

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
basketball followed by hockey then football (soccer)

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

The problem with baseball is that the average game time has gone up by one minute per year since the 70s and weirdos like to say you don't like the game if you complain about 3.5 hour games. The minors have a pitch clock like the shot clock in basketball and the games are pretty routinely 2.5 hours. There's a pretty clear solution here, and it's stop pitchers and batters from slowing the game down to play bullshit mind games with each other and limit commercial time. Obviously the latter is impossible because of capitalism.

Anyway I really like hockey and I'd watch more australian rules football if there were an easy way to watch it in the states because that sport is ridiculously entertaining. I enjoy american football if I watch with a group or watch condensed games.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

To avoid confusion they should rename US football to Cool Soccer.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

SorePotato posted:

There's basically zero movement on a baseball field for the majority of the game, just nothing happening but a bunch of dudes standing around in a gigantic field for hours waiting for something to happen. Ya it's fun if you're there drinking beers with buds but just about every other sport is better. Only speaking of American baseball

This is also true of football lol.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
All of the US sports are designed for max television ads breaks.

I have nothing to add to this sports conversation. I used to follow a lot of baseball. One day I just stopped caring all sports.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

stephenthinkpad posted:

All of the US sports are designed for max television ads breaks.

I have nothing to add to this sports conversation. I used to follow a lot of baseball. One day I just stopped caring all sports.

Same, but Fantasy League of Legends

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Mantis42 posted:

To avoid confusion they should rename US football to Cool Soccer.

can we at least agree that hand egg is the worst sport?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

no and anyone who says "hand egg" sounds like a redditer

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Bilirubin posted:

no it's good

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Bilirubin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLhWfDZYmX8

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Korean baseball owns because the hitters do baton twirling every time they hit a deep fly ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKQskUmD_eY

American baseball is getting better about this, but a few years ago if a batter expressed any happiness he could expect to have a grumpy white guy throw a fastball at him.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

sportsball

-noam chomsky

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

retweeted by @zei_squirrel

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
If we are required to use name sports accurately American football should be call Contact Throw.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

it is already called gridiron. please.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Armoured field crawl
Foot-the-ball
Bounce-the-ball
Bat-the-ball

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
amused by this comment

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Bilirubin posted:

nerds should like football. it’s an irl turn based strategy game

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

japan plays collegiate gridiron football.

canada also plays professional gridiron football but canada isn't asia. let us all please stay on topic.

noam chomsky is describing an attitude that continues to linger within baseball, in japan and korea especially, but not necessarily in modern top level basketball. group cohesion is appreciated, maybe demanded in a futile manner by a coach, but not necessarily required. no, submission to authority and cohesion behind leadership elements is not exhibited in trade demands, calling your own number heat checks, sacrificial head coach sackings, politically-related work stoppages or lockouts, or in very high-profile ousting and replacement of unacceptable ownership groups.

many would criticize basketball in fact of being too individualistic, an irreverence toward authority figures, to the extent that the most famous basketball player of all time is roundly mocked for badly managing the team he purchased.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

fart simpson posted:

nerds should like football. it’s an irl turn based strategy game

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

basketball followed by hockey then football (soccer)

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

TDepressionEarl posted:

canada also plays professional gridiron football but canada isn't asia. let us all please stay on topic.

noam chomsky is describing an attitude that continues to linger within baseball, in japan and korea especially, but not necessarily in modern top level basketball. group cohesion is appreciated, maybe demanded in a futile manner by a coach, but not necessarily required. no, submission to authority and cohesion behind leadership elements is not exhibited in trade demands, calling your own number heat checks, sacrificial head coach sackings, politically-related work stoppages or lockouts, or in very high-profile ousting and replacement of unacceptable ownership groups.

many would criticize basketball in fact of being too individualistic, an irreverence toward authority figures, to the extent that the most famous basketball player of all time is roundly mocked for badly managing the team he purchased.

i also saw jayson tatum dominate the game today

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

go lions

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

very dull boob

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

TDepressionEarl posted:

He's referring to the tribal crowd support of a team, not the team itself I think

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

Slavvy posted:

He's referring to the tribal crowd support of a team, not the team itself I think

ohhhh

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

(bursting in out of breath) am i too late to discuss asian baseball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://mobile.twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1607184709175640064