Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Dr Snofeld posted:

You might actually like the little Underworlds boxes they do these days, 3-6 varied little freaks to paint. There's a great one that's a pirate ogre, some goblins, a parrot and a monkey with a knife stuck to its tail.
Many, many years ago you used to be able to get variety boxes from GW themselves - i have a weird squid tentacle thing, some ninjas and a wizard I got from one.

I also have a very old and battered Leman Russ (the guy, not the tank) along with some beakies I'm hoping to put on ebay in the new year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Dr Snofeld posted:

There's a great one that's a pirate ogre, some goblins, a parrot and a monkey with a knife stuck to its tail.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I splashed out this year and got the Wildspire box of 'heroes and monsters' and then my boyfriend, bless him, got me their townsfolk box for Christmas. That's where Keg Orc comes from, and Goblins in a Trenchcoat. They also have Cat King and Guy Just Hanging Around and Armoured Badger. At the rate I go these will last a good long while.

I do also have a box of Skaven around. I love Skaven.

Watch It Burn
Apr 8, 2009
Happy Christmas to all you lot celebrating that!

I spent the day at my parents and it was wonderful. At lunch we all had our own hand made labels to indicate who sits where and mine had my new name on it. I’ve only recently started living as a woman and that tiny bit of acceptance has made it an amazing Christmas.

Hope you all had a great day.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Watch It Burn posted:

I spent the day at my parents and it was wonderful. At lunch we all had our own hand made labels to indicate who sits where and mine had my new name on it. I’ve only recently started living as a woman and that tiny bit of acceptance has made it an amazing Christmas.

Aw congrats! That's fantastic.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
merry Christmas and a yippee ki-yay

Mebh
May 10, 2010

HopperUK posted:

I do also have a box of Skaven around. I love Skaven.

My wife designed a doom wheel encounter on warhammer online when she worked on it that was never implemented.

As a result we have boxes of skaven kicking about even now. I really need to get back into painting.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Watch It Burn posted:

Big yeehaw

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

The Miniatures Painting thread in TG is extremely chill and supportive for anyone painting tiny men btw

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Watch It Burn posted:

This is fantastic. I am so glad for you.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

The Miniatures Painting thread in TG is extremely chill and supportive for anyone painting tiny men btw

It's true! They are very nice.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
At least link the model, it's awesome

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Watch It Burn posted:

And here's a heartwarming anecdote to wrap out the day! For the last few minutes one last merry christmas to you all.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Had Christmas with my partner's friend and her mum who I gave a lift home to, spent a lovely 15 minutes ranting about how shite things are and how incapable our current political crop are to deal with anything. Tiny militant pensioner comrades best comrades.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Miftan posted:

And people just believed your family's ancestral home was sauron's tower??

Listen us Irish have a superpower, and it's that as long as we lay on the accent nice and thick and throw in a bunch of "so it is" and "I haven't a baldy" and "give over"s, people from outside Ireland will believe drat near anything we tell them :v:

Also lol that you'd call it Sauron's Tower, because when I was wee sometimes my granny couldn't get off from work at the exact same time I flew over to stay with her so for a night or two I'd have to stay with my auntie Georgina, and her house was RIGHT at the foot of the hill and my bedroom was RIGHT at the back with a big window where those two red aircraft warning lights leered down like a pair of cacodaemoniacal eyes. There was no curtain in that room. Absolute "Can't sleep, Scrabo Tower'll eat me" hours all night long.

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Dec 26, 2022

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's like a little miniature wallace willy.

E: or maybe a similarly sized wallace willy I've never seen either up close.

Biggus Dickus
May 18, 2005

Roadies know where to focus the spotlight.

Watch It Burn posted:

Well, this is nice. 😀

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Merry Xmas all :)

Does anyone Know A Guy (or Gal) in centralish London or Kent who can fix an Xbox 360. It runs fine but sounds like a jet engine because the paste on the heat sync is long burnt away (afaik that's the issue)

I'd do it myself but seems like it's less serviceable than a PC and I'd snap all the plastic bits off and lose all the essential metal doodads.

I'm sure there are places to have it done but it's the sort of job I'd rather pay with a nice bottle of Asda whisky or equivalent and not 4 hours labour + parts and VAT

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Too late for a merry christmas so i'll just wish everyone an utterly shite Boxing Day. Just nothing but suffering and misery. The weight of the day pushes down upon you and you can do naught but wail. A great sadness to every one of you and your households.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Merry Christmas (and other holidays) UK Goons.

Nailed Christmas dinner this year. Made this again:

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/chestnut-spinach-blue-cheese-en-croute

(Blue cheese, spinach, chestnut en-croute). Plus roast taters, sauteed sprouts with pine nuts, balsamic vinegar and a little dusting of parmesan, homemade breadcrumb stuffing balls, plus multi-coloured maple-roasted carrots and parsnips.

Did most stuff ahead of time. Made the En Croute thingy 2 days early and froze it, pre-boiled taters and froze them, cut carrots and 'snips and put them in the fridge in a bag of salted water. Made for a nice easy Christmas day - though things did need to cook for like 2.5 hours due to the amount of frozen stuff and the fact my oven is pretty crap.

Thought I'd knackered the taters by boiling them too long - they broke up a fair bit and turned partially into mash, but I said sod it and roasted them anyway. Turns out with adding a bit of extra oil the mash-y bits went *awesomely* crispy, so that was a big win.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Did a leg of lamb plus all the trimmings - sooo many leftovers

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

cold lamb best lamb, would hold leg like cave man and eat with teeth.

E: gently caress it, I am going to get some turkey out of the fridge and eat that

franco
Jan 3, 2003

Watch It Burn posted:

Hell loving yeah! :)

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Nonce defenders speech in full:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64091433

Apparently there is such a thing as a society again? Wild! Anyway the king said solidarity, so obviously woke cultural marxists have infiltrated the king's speechwriting team.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

"Christmas is a particularly poignant time for all of us who have lost loved ones.
We feel their absence at every familiar turn of the season and remember them in each cherished tradition."

So hang Matt Hancock you useless oval office

Clarence
May 3, 2012

Angepain posted:

Too late for a merry christmas so i'll just wish everyone an utterly shite Boxing Day. Just nothing but suffering and misery. The weight of the day pushes down upon you and you can do naught but wail. A great sadness to every one of you and your households.

I didn't post yesterday so as not to bring the mood down but this gives me an opportunity to reply in a dark humour sort of way.

My dad passed away xmas eve morning, age 87. He was found in bed all tucked up so at least it will have been peaceful.
As it was unexpected the coroner has to be involved and because of the holidays it's going to be at least the end of this week before anything can be heard. So much for registering a death within five days.

And somehow I got no presents at all yesterday. Not sure if people thought it was an inappropriate time to give things, or if it's just coincidence that I got forgotten by everyone.

No need for condolences in the thread - not that they wouldn't be appreciated but let's keep the spirit of the thread up!

Now go and give your loved ones a hug.

Seasons etc to everyone - you're all good eggs. I don't post much due to anxiety but I do appreciate you all (well, most of you :cheeky:)

And Watch It Burn's post made me happy.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Condolences, Clarence. Bereavement is obviously never easy, but it is particularly lovely at Christmas time.

And as a part time poster, all I can say is :justpost: Especially in dark times.

The worst that can happen is that your posts get ignored, like mine.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I will never ignore posts :hai:

Sorry for your loss Clarence :sympathy:

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

You will get condolences whether you want it or not!! I lost my grandma in a similar fashion: around the holidays, all tucked into bed. It was a bit of a shock so it can take some time to seep in. I hope you and yours have a nice festive period despite the circumstances.

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

Sorry for your loss Clarence.
I lost my mum in March this year and this was the first christmas without her. It took ages to get her death registered and then at least a month until a date was free for a funeral. Even though she actually left a will it is still going through the probate court. Things are hosed in this country.
Anyway Merry Christmas from a long time lurker!

quote:

I don't post much due to anxiety but I do appreciate you all (well, most of you :cheeky:)
:same:

franco
Jan 3, 2003
I'm really sorry, Clarence. I hope you and yours are coping as much as can be expected.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

My condolences on your loss Clarence. :(

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Sorry to read your news Clarence and my condolences.

Watch It Burn
Apr 8, 2009

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Catzilla posted:

I lost my mum in March this year and this was the first christmas without her. It took ages to get her death registered and then at least a month until a date was free for a funeral. Even though she actually left a will it is still going through the probate court. Things are hosed in this country.
Anyway Merry Christmas from a long time lurker!

:same:

My mum died in June and it's similarly still stuck in probate. Didn't help that Co-op probate services are utterly without gumption.

Condolences for your mum's deaths, both.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

For those who don’t follow the pop charts these are the lyrics to the Xmas number one

smellmycheese fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Dec 26, 2022

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

smellmycheese posted:

For those who don’t follow the pop charts these are the lyrics to the Xmas number one

didn't this guy vote for the tories

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Yes, the food banks are the solution, once we fund the food banks that's the country sorted.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I had a couple of sausage rolls this morning!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
If I'm Prime Minister and a food bank opens up in my country, that's me firing my cabinet, resigning and calling a GE, cos that's me failed.

"Failed" as in the phrase "failed state".