Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Waste of Breath posted:

as someone who has never played death stranding, it's impossible to tell if this is parody

it's real and it's genuinely cathartic. reedus spends most of the game with all the emotional affect of a corpse as he traipses all across the country, so he spends the final phase of that boss fight venting all his frustration at once while beating the guy to a pulp with his bare hands

"My loving hands, my feet... Deliver this! Carry that! Watch him to go hell and back! gently caress you. gently caress you! Beg! SCREAM!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

ninjoatse.cx posted:

In Death Stranding's final fight, people in the DS thread were saying how much they hated it when Sam beats the tar out of Higgs shouting, "DELIVER THIS CARRY THAT" , but that was by far my favorite part of the game. Yes, gently caress you for making me do all this poo poo

I actually liked this part, as much because I can't decide if I am right or stupid that the part about MGSV I am most mad about is No endgame fist fight in the rain with burning volgin, and him just sorta giving up for lore reasons until you unceremoniously collect his body from an open world base parking lot. Punching kid liquid just isn't the same.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

There's a tomb raider. Then the tomb raider rises, so it can have a shadow

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer
I think we all owe Tim Sweeney a big apology. We called the Epic Game Store 'gay' and 'lame,' but now we are all enjoying a very Norman Reedus christmas; Kojima bless us, every one!

Thank you Tim Sweeney and may 2023 be Epic Games most successful year yet!

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

The final fight against Higgs is the only good boss fight in that game

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Death stranding isn't worth playing even if free.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Don't think there's another game out there that lets you chug energy drinks then weaponize your piss to fight ghosts.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Diephoon posted:

Don't think there's another game out there that lets you chug energy drinks then weaponize your piss to fight ghosts.

They removed the Monster branding though.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Mega Comrade posted:

:wrong:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
a guy whose sole source of sustenance was monster energy producing excretions so toxic they even kill ghosts was a really good joke and i'm sad it's gone.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

Mega Comrade posted:

I was the biggest mgs fan but after MGSV I don't think I'll play any Kojima game anymore. Dude's completely gone up his own rear end.

His games still look impressive as hell but I don't want to hear Conan O'Brien monologue on some fantasy poo poo for 20 minutes.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

actually death stranding is better than mgs

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Terminally Bored posted:

I was the biggest mgs fan but after MGSV I don't think I'll play any Kojima game anymore. Dude's completely gone up his own rear end.

His games still look impressive as hell but I don't want to hear Conan O'Brien monologue on some fantasy poo poo for 20 minutes.

He went up his own rear end at least as early as MGS2 but it owned.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

MGS2 predicted the future and so did Death Stranding.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Terminally Bored posted:

Same.

MGS 1/2/3 were campy and silly fun.
Then he started to believe the weird nerds trying to claim he was some writing genius and he's gone right up his own arse.

I'm looking forward to the movie, cos if he is writing it then film critics are going to absolutely tear his dialogue to shreds.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Mega Comrade posted:

Same.

MGS 1/2/3 were campy and silly fun.
Then he started to believe the weird nerds trying to claim he was some writing genius and he's gone right up his own arse.

The writing style of MGSV was not any different than the first 3 games. All of the MGS games follow thought roughly the same themes using roughly the same tropes.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

MSGV wasn't campy and silly fun?

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

MGSV I didn't like for other reasons to be fair.

But were you all ashamed of your words and deeds by the end?

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Dec 26, 2022

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I've never played a kojima game but I like to post.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Kojima should just make movies instead. :smuggo:

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
I was sure I got the Director's Cut in time but I just got the base game. Boo to you Epic Store, you suck! You keep giving gifts but you're hated!

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Mega Comrade posted:

I'm looking forward to the movie, cos if he is writing it then film critics are going to absolutely tear his dialogue to shreds.

Oh yeah, Kojima is a subscriber to the Characters as Exposition Deliverers school (like Kotaro Uchikoshi). This only works in video games because movies need to have pacing and the scripts go through lots of editors. Kojima lost his main editor after MGS3 and it shows.

kazil posted:

MSGV wasn't campy and silly fun?

Yes and no. There were some fun elements but look up what happened to Paz in Ground Zeroes ending. There's also at least one cassette tape with a recording of a rape during an interrogation.

e:

Terminally Bored fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Dec 26, 2022

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Death Stranding is the only Kojima game I've played other than MGS1 and it's one of my favourite games of all time.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

There are campy parts of V but overall it’s very dour and violent in a way that the other games aren’t. Gameplay is great tho.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

tripwood posted:

I was sure I got the Director's Cut in time but I just got the base game. Boo to you Epic Store, you suck! You keep giving gifts but you're hated!

They are like the guy who buys everyone drinks or always brings weed to the party to try and get into the friends circle.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

The good definitely outweighs the bad in Death Stranding… because there’s no bad

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Metal Gear Solid V is a good video game but a bad Metal Gear Solid game. Kojima should stop trying to write women characters and hand off that to women writers then rubberstamp every idea they come up with (because it'll be automatically better than what he is capable of).

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jimbot posted:

Kojima should stop trying to write women characters and hand off that to women writers then rubberstamp every idea they come up with (because it'll be automatically better than what he is capable of).

What do they need Kojima for?

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

What do they need Kojima for?

To think of how hundreds of seemingly unconnected gameplay elements can actually be combined in interesting ways AKA the (arguably) best thing about the MGS series.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Mega Comrade posted:

MGSV I didn't like for other reasons to be fair.

But were you all ashamed of your words and deeds by the end?

I was ashamed to be alive after that Quiet cutscene.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
my main buddy was D-Dog so I never saw most of the awkward Quiet poo poo

I only know of it because of this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87YXRvfMDlM

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
got all achievements in Cult of the Lamb. i'm glad i picked it up after all the bugfixes because it's a delightful little game when it's not softlocking on you every thirty minutes

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
New EPIC game today is F.I.S.T. (Forged in Shadow Touch), a Metroidvania.

EPIC game store seems to be working fine.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

ymgve posted:

my main buddy was D-Dog so I never saw most of the awkward Quiet poo poo

I only know of it because of this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87YXRvfMDlM
I only got the fleshy Skulls Parasite Unit cutscene.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Jelly posted:

New EPIC game today is F.I.S.T. (Forged in Shadow Touch), a Metroidvania.

EPIC game store seems to be working fine.

Any good? the animal characters are reminding me of the Xcom knockoff Mutant Year Zero and I actually had a pretty good time with that one.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
Cruelty Squad is 50% off and crazier than a Kojima game.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Valve did one of those yearly recap things:

https://store.steampowered.com/replay/

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Anno posted:

Valve did one of those yearly recap things:

https://store.steampowered.com/replay/

Within seconds I am assaulted.

"Almost 25% of your playtime this year was spent on bubble bobble, minesweeper, or a game you admitted was so long you burned out on it for 6 months and only wrapped it due to unemployment."

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Blattdorf posted:

Cruelty Squad is 50% off and crazier than a Kojima game.

Cruelty Squad is phenomenal if you look past it's purposefully off putting visuals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.