Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

my morning jackass posted:

hope you feel better soon. holiday sickness blows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Got Bayonetta 3 for Xmas so I’ll be playing that tonight most likely

it’s so fun, I’m on the second playthrough and it keeps getting better.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
playing Unreal. cliffyb hype with instant death traps and long interminable aztec ruin levels/endless empty fields full of flying enemies. lets loving go!!!!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
more darktide with the boys this christmas, :cheers: to all the gamers tonight

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Going to try to beat the War on Xmas before the stroke of midnight.

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
replaying sekiro and it feels good

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Merry Christmas gamers

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Still trapped in the Elden Ring. Controversially suggesting it may be the game of the year

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

drunkenly bought a bunch of games last night. Heretic and Hexen were among them so im gonna try em out if i get bored of Bug Fables. i didnt care much for Amid Evil but thinking maybe ill dig the OGs more

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Helen and Heretic ftw

----------------

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I cant recall being more bored than when i played heretic

----------------

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

American McGay posted:

Helen and Heretic ftw

Helen

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Playing Super Metroid and the quicksand in Maridia is pissing me off!!!

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

symbolic posted:

drunkenly bought a bunch of games last night. Heretic and Hexen were among them so im gonna try em out if i get bored of Bug Fables. i didnt care much for Amid Evil but thinking maybe ill dig the OGs more

Heretic is cool but the maps are rear end and Hexen is like double that formula. But nice poo poo man. Amid Evil is a waste.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hexen has the coolest named expansion pack of all time.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Coffee. XBC3. The works. Might be able to finish this before the end of the year

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Got FF7R for Christmas but I need to beat some other games to free up the hardware space.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
dragons dogma is sick but confusing. the more i play the more i want to compare it to breath of the wild, which is not what i would have expected when i picked it up.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
I'm finally done with my game Tromi.

https://mycophobia.org/tromi.html

Please play it and tell me what kind of scores and grade you can get. Tahnk you

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

I got the tude now posted:

dragons dogma is sick but confusing. the more i play the more i want to compare it to breath of the wild, which is not what i would have expected when i picked it up.

its also the game i comprae elden ring to the most lol. other than souls games obvi

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mycophobia posted:

i played it and i dont think the gameplay concept was fully developed op, its more style over substance here. only in the final boss does it start to make sense with the concept for sustaining yourself in the air with timed bursts to maintain a combo but that makes doing tricks completely unnecessary outside of initially building meter for that first attack, worst of all all the levels before dont encourage ro provide much of a means for this playstyle until the end anyway. momentum isn't utilised in a way that makes it feel like skateboarding and ramps are more of a nuisance than an opportunity to build score and meter, if there was a more developed trick system and height buildup with the skateboarding aspect emphasized it would give more to do when not hitting the burst button

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

mycophobia posted:

Sick. I’ll check it out when I get to my computer

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Fungah! posted:

i played it and i dont think the gameplay concept was fully developed op, its more style over substance here. only in the final boss does it start to make sense with the concept for sustaining yourself in the air with timed bursts to maintain a combo but that makes doing tricks completely unnecessary outside of initially building meter for that first attack, worst of all all the levels before dont encourage ro provide much of a means for this playstyle until the end anyway. momentum isn't utilised in a way that makes it feel like skateboarding and ramps are more of a nuisance than an opportunity to build score and meter, if there was a more developed trick system and height buildup with the skateboarding aspect emphasized it would give more to do when not hitting the burst button

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Fungah! posted:

Ah, thank you for the constructive criticism! I will give it some thought and try to take it into account next time.

Cheers,

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

mycophobia posted:

I beat it. Pretty easy honestly. Cool for a kid's game I guess.

----------------

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mycophobia posted:

in all seriousness i like it. not nearly enugh of a tetris grandmaster to tell the finer technical points but it feels good, solid momentum on the tetraminos and it doesnt feel floaty. i like the piano piece too. is tetramino selection pure random or set guaranteed?

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
randomizer works like this (copypaste from discord message):

each piece gets assigned a weight, initializing at 1 for I/J/L/T and 0 for O/S/Z. every time a piece gets selected the weight resets to 0.3. every piece that doesn't get selected gets their weight increased by 0.3 unless it's 1 or over, at which point it's increased by 1. selection occurs by multiplying each piece's weight randomly by either 0, 0.5 or 1. the highest value is selected

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
basically floods and droughts are extremely unlikely while keeping the distribution reasonably unpredictable

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mycophobia posted:

randomizer works like this (copypaste from discord message):

each piece gets assigned a weight, initializing at 1 for I/J/L/T and 0 for O/S/Z. every time a piece gets selected the weight resets to 0.3. every piece that doesn't get selected gets their weight increased by 0.3 unless it's 1 or over, at which point it's increased by 1. selection occurs by multiplying each piece's weight randomly by either 0, 0.5 or 1. the highest value is selected

sick, thats a cool way to do it. i hit my hangover skill cap pretty fuckin quick (line uhh 45 or so) but i wish there were a quick restart option, i suffer frm a rare disorder called "extremely moron fingers" and often gently caress up in th first couple lines in dumbass ways. overall, good tetris

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Christmas haul:

Lego Star Wars
Judgement
Lost Judgement
Yakuza 6
Persona 5
Resident Evil 8

god bless us every one

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Fungah! posted:

sick, thats a cool way to do it. i hit my hangover skill cap pretty fuckin quick (line uhh 45 or so) but i wish there were a quick restart option, i suffer frm a rare disorder called "extremely moron fingers" and often gently caress up in th first couple lines in dumbass ways. overall, good tetris

thx. the grading system evaluates every game you play btw (and makes it so closing the program before a game is over reflects on your evaluation), so in the long term you should try to make the most out of every game, even those with bad starts

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Arrhythmia posted:

Christmas haul:

Lego Star Wars
Judgement
Lost Judgement
Yakuza 6
Persona 5
Resident Evil 8

god bless us every one
Yeah I got all those too, with a $1 subscription to Game Pass.

----------------

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
wrong thread my god im so sorry -_-

Nutmeg fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Dec 26, 2022

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

playing The Great Battle IV for super famicom, it's pretty sick

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

American McGay posted:

Yeah I got all those too, with a $1 subscription to Game Pass.

I got them for $0. :slick: