Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I'm hoping the trial has the defense strategy of, "My client literally thought that this was all a video game and all the laws he broke was him thinking he was merely 'exploiting a bug'. It's really very similar to when kids used to buy stuff on eBay thinking it was a game."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

so that means the Theranos Blood lady will have no problem.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
Look, he had weeks to look in to whether what he did was going to land him in prison or not and he had yet to do a "deep dive" on that hours before his arrest. It's debatable if he knows how to lace and tie his own shoes. Do you really think that this is a guy that can learn about all the gangs of america and rap music????

Boxturret fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Dec 26, 2022

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I like how he gets to call himself "Entrepreneur and Investor" instead of "convicted conman"

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

CannonFodder posted:

I like how he gets to call himself "Entrepreneur and Investor" instead of "convicted conman"

Obviously step one in the cunning plan was missed, far too difficult:

IE: don't try to break laws especially blatantly.

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
My apes have been slurped.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

PyPy posted:

My apes have been slurped.

Lotta you don't know! I'm bankrupt.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

That's almost as many squirrels as that TCC goon who dosed them with phenazepam and threw them off his roof.

drk
Jan 16, 2005

Boxturret posted:

Look, he had weeks to look in to whether what he did was going to land him in prison or not and he had yet to do a "deep dive" on that hours before his arrest.

why bother with a lawyer and all their books when you could just read a blog post about crimes

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
They shoulda just put all those squirrels on the blockchain, that would have solved it.

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple
If you mint 440 squirrel-based NFTs you can safely shred them into a soup-like homogenate, their squirrelly essence will forever be preserved on the blockchain.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

who should play sam bankman in the eventual 'the wolf ape of crypto' movie

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

halokiller posted:

who should play sam bankman in the eventual 'the wolf ape of crypto' movie

Michael Cera.

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple
I was gonna say Jonah Hill, expecting him to still look something like this:

When in actual fact he looks like this:

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
What is worse? Pirates of the Caribbean tattoo or Naval tattoos on people who don’t sail

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple
I thought his ship tattoo was cool :smith:

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

King Carnivore posted:

lol was thinking jonah hill too

maybe josh gad, but i want him to also play elon musk *exactly* like he does on avenue 5

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

halokiller posted:

lol was thinking jonah hill too

maybe josh gad, but i want him to also play elon musk *exactly* like he does on avenue 5

He can just play every role. They’ll composite it together.

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple
🤣: A one-man play

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
What about Joaquin or Aston Kutcher as SBF?

Also, the fun continues:

https://www.mediapart.fr/en/journal/france/251222/french-crypto-investors-file-complaint-against-binance-over-24m-euro-losses

article posted:

A group of 15 French cryptocurrency investors have filed a legal complaint against Binance, the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange, which they accuse of marketing its services in France before it received official approval to do so, of using misleading commercial practices and receiving the proceeds of fraud.

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Dec 26, 2022

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

HAmbONE posted:

What is worse? Pirates of the Caribbean tattoo or Naval tattoos on people who don’t sail

This is why I have posting related tattoos on my chest (Red Dragon on my back iyww).

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

CannonFodder posted:

"Banned Investor"

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

"For you, the day Bison CZ graced your village country, was the most important day in your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

King Carnivore posted:

So Hill will play post-prison SBF.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Hill did a similar role in Wolfstreet so he has experience doing some drugged out finbro.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

The guy who wrote the Big Short was literally an embedded reporter following SBF for the last six months leading up to his arrest so we're sure to get some INCREDIBLE books and movies out of this fiasco.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
Any of the white stranger things kids would work. The monster could play Catherine.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

SBF is like 30 years old but he looks like such dogshit that all the actor suggestions are like 40.

Ohthehugemanatee
Oct 18, 2005

Rotten Red Rod posted:

The guy who wrote the Big Short was literally an embedded reporter following SBF for the last six months leading up to his arrest so we're sure to get some INCREDIBLE books and movies out of this fiasco.

That dude is amazing. If Jon Ronson, Woodward or Michael Lewis are just casually hanging around you, it should count as probable cause for felony indictment. No felony in particular, just you're probably the kind of person who should be kept away from everyone else.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Ohthehugemanatee posted:

That dude is amazing. If Jon Ronson, Woodward or Michael Lewis are just casually hanging around you, it should count as probable cause for felony indictment. No felony in particular, just you're probably the kind of person who should be kept away from everyone else.
I was reminded earlier this month that Isaac Chotiner can also do friendly interviews, and they're just as incisive and thoughtful as his deadly interviews. He did a delightful interview with Rian Johnson.

But, yeah, if you get a phone call from either Chotiner or Ronan Farrow, change your name and move to El Salvador.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
"Well, sure, everyone else that they covered collapsed in a spectacular fashion, but this time they want to cover me because of how great I am!" SBF, probably, mouth full of shrimp, shoes tied together

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
My dad thought he didn't understand crypto then I explained that yes, people trade real money for fake money.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
it's high stakes monopoly for losers.

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple

LifeSunDeath posted:

Thread title?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Dad, it's high stakes monopoly for losers.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I think people are focusing too much on SBFs appearance for the movie casting, and not enough on the voice. Some of you may have never heard him talk.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AlexSanKri/status/1606338357172342799

You would need a character actor in a helium enviromentt to get it right.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Gonna be that weird looking kid from Stranger Things playing SBF. They'll get a cartoon turtle to play Caroline.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

LifeSunDeath posted:

Monopoly games last longer than most crypto scams.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cw6BnNugHc

Inshallah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Powershift posted:

I think people are focusing too much on SBFs appearance for the movie casting, and not enough on the voice. Some of you may have never heard him talk.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AlexSanKri/status/1606338357172342799

You would need a character actor in a helium enviromentt to get it right.

They can put Aziz Ansari in a doughy little robot he can pilot around like the alien prince in Men in Black