Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
when did they stop making dunkaccinos this is distressing news

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lousy hat
Jul 17, 2004

bone appetit
Clapping Larry
some grounds got in my flow-through carafe cap and blocked it so coffee started spilling over the edge but at least I was still nearby to catch it

second pot of coffee was much more successful

SimonSays
Aug 4, 2006

Simon is the monkey's name
Update: successfully made an afternoon Chemex

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
question for you goons: i have a french press already that i use all the time and love, absolutely no complaints. i was given an aeropress for christmas and i’m debating if i wanna keep it or return it. is there some killer feature of it that i’m not aware of that makes it a significant upgrade over the french press?

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

I also have both and use the aeropress way more because it's easier to clean, faster to brew, and makes one cup at a time. French press only ever comes out when we've got company or something.

SimonSays
Aug 4, 2006

Simon is the monkey's name

HamAdams posted:

question for you goons: i have a french press already that i use all the time and love, absolutely no complaints. i was given an aeropress for christmas and i’m debating if i wanna keep it or return it. is there some killer feature of it that i’m not aware of that makes it a significant upgrade over the french press?

It's self cleaning and makes a filtered cup of coffee. It also weighs nothing and is unbreakable, but maybe you never travel.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

I got one of these stainless steel pourover filters, eager to try it and see how good it is.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

just made a decaf. my brother got my dad a nice cold brew pitcher for christmas but he may just stick with his keurig. :(

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

brewing a pot right now

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
sipping the Good Stuff

lousy hat
Jul 17, 2004

bone appetit
Clapping Larry

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

brewing a pot right now

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

up early on my week off, guess i better brew!!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

coffee: drinking it

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Was gonna grab a diet dew out of the fridge, but then I thought "what would the coffee thread want me to do?"

so im brewing a #cup

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
don’t do the dew, do the brew

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
#justbrewit

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
fresh drip beans. reupped on all coffees yesterday. sometimes its nice to just hit butan on the fuckin Mr Coffee

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Was gonna grab a diet dew out of the fridge, but then I thought "what would the coffee thread want me to do?"

so im brewing a #cup

good choice. i am also drinking coffee

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

made another #cup and im getting worried that my lil office k-cup brewer is burning the coffee, either that or I got a bad batch of #cups

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

fresh drip beans. reupped on all coffees yesterday. sometimes its nice to just hit butan on the fuckin Mr Coffee

Honestly I feel like this thread should be above coffee shaming, no one needs to eat anyone's entire rear end over a Mr Coffee, it provides coffee, which is significantly better than no coffee.

I will leave it to the thread to decide on instant coffee

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

made another #cup and im getting worried that my lil office k-cup brewer is burning the coffee, either that or I got a bad batch of #cups

Probably bad batch of cups, but you can run some 1:1 vinegar:water through that puppy to clear out excess gunk and try again as an alternative.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
havin a second cup of bean juice rn folks

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

Got a Moka pot for Christmas and made the terrible mistake of trying it out when I got back home at 7:30pm tonight, it was delicious. I guess if I can’t sleep tonight I’ll just have to make more tomorrow morning, oh nooooo

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

ugh cant have bean juice til tomorrow morning this SUCKS

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
agreed, same, friend. ugh

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Jonny 290 posted:

agreed, same, friend. ugh

🫂 we will get there together

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

morning, coffee

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

jesus WEP posted:

morning, coffee

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
woke up a little earlier than usual, guess i'll have some coffee

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
got some califa farms peppermint mocha, its nice

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
GIVE ME ALL THE BEANS

lousy hat
Jul 17, 2004

bone appetit
Clapping Larry
got some iced coffee left over from yesterday

probably gonna make a new pot after I finish drinking it

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos

Beeftweeter posted:

GIVE ME ALL THE BEANS

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i press the button on the drip
when i sip you sip we sip

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
home again, home again, jiggety jig!
gooood morning, J F espresso

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

it's coffee tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
had some real good beans

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
double espresso time

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

showing the adenosene who's boss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
finally cracked our glass french press today. finally gonna order a nicer steel one.