Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Heaven is a nice victory lap. Hell is a nice failure lap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Jedit posted:

It's not entirely bad as you can still use the cantrip side again, but it depends what it does.

It was a reroll cantrip, so it was pretty much as useless as it could get :v:

That was an instant game-ender

Andante
Jul 3, 2008

Wittgen posted:

If you beat the game on brutal, you unlock the heaven and hell difficulties.

Thank you for this! I gave Brutal a few attempts with an all-blue party in custom mode and succeeded. Really enjoying the ridiculous blessings that you can roll in Heaven mode.

That leaves only three achievements that show up in the Almanac:
- Finish a classic run in <35 turns (probably doable now that I have Heaven difficulty)
- Finish generate on Unfair (maybe possible if I get very lucky)
- Get a two-streak on Classic Unfair (seems out of my skill and patience range)

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I'm missing the 'pick soul link' achievement, which I think might be broken since I checked my achievement list with soul link equipped and it didn't work.

Andante
Jul 3, 2008

Tunicate posted:

I'm missing the 'pick soul link' achievement, which I think might be broken since I checked my achievement list with soul link equipped and it didn't work.

Ah, for that one you have to pick the Soul Link item and not the curse with the same name that gives you the item. It's a level -2 item so you have to be playing with one of the more severe curses that lowers item quality and then choose it when it is offered.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Just went for brutal, five blues, lucked into -3 item level curse, got the soul link pick, and won. I'm at 131/131 and wow that feels pretty sweet.

Warlock, two sorcerers is pretty funny.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I didn't see a single imp the whole game. None of this scrub tier damage for my blue team.

Possible bug too: I have 2 achievements left but it only shows me one of them. Previously had 3 left and it showed 2 before getting the brutal one just done. It's not a biggie as I know what they are. Not sure if it's meant to show me at least 5 or all that are left if it is less than 5.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

That's a well chosen set of curses!

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007

silvergoose posted:

Just went for brutal, five blues, lucked into -3 item level curse, got the soul link pick, and won. I'm at 131/131 and wow that feels pretty sweet.

Warlock, two sorcerers is pretty funny.

I'm attempting to do 5 blues Unfair (been doing 5 of the same class but maybe I should mix them around unless there's clearly worse ones?)

What's so good about the -3 curse? Is the reasoning you're likely to get useless items anyways so it's good to spend curse points on it?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Rookoo posted:

I'm attempting to do 5 blues Unfair (been doing 5 of the same class but maybe I should mix them around unless there's clearly worse ones?)

What's so good about the -3 curse? Is the reasoning you're likely to get useless items anyways so it's good to spend curse points on it?

The only visible achievement I had left was choose soul link, so I needed the worse items! No reason otherwise.

The initial classes doesn't affect what upgraded class you get, I prefer a mix so I have the various utility spells and different die faces to start.

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007
Ahh I see, I did manage to luck my way to level 18 at one point but I've mostly been dying off a few levels in so I think I'll try mixing things up a bit, cheers.

Edit: lol, literally the next run

Rookoo fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Dec 26, 2022

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Yes! Ha ha ha! Yes!!

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Nice - Monster +2 sounds like a horrific curse though, what did you do about summoners?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

distortion park posted:

Nice - Monster +2 sounds like a horrific curse though, what did you do about summoners?

Brutal is a glass cannon run. If you're not killing everything first turn you're dead anyway.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Inceltown posted:

Brutal is a glass cannon run. If you're not killing everything first turn you're dead anyway.

Yeah, exactly. I did the same thing about summoners as I did about everything else: I immediately blew them the gently caress up with extreme prejudice

e: starting with three Cultists was pretty key imo. Their mana generation is unparalleled in the early game, and possibly even through much of the mid- and lategame depending on which t2s and t3s you roll. Sure they're prone to murdering themselves, but who gives a poo poo if you're also murdering all the enemies at the same time?

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Dec 26, 2022

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

What do you do about Thorns? I just had a go and realised I had no answer to them (might be my fault for taking the +Thorn every 3 turns curse without thinking)

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

distortion park posted:

What do you do about Thorns? I just had a go and realised I had no answer to them (might be my fault for taking the +Thorn every 3 turns curse without thinking)

Ranged attacks totally bypass their counter damage

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

You shouldn't be hitting 3 turns so that won't matter. Failing that you should have some cultists at the start so you can use their single use life steal wand to blast them to bits. After you've gone a little way you'll have other options. This is all moot though because if you hit turn 3 on a Brutal run you are very unlikely to finish it.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

That's the other reason I like the Cultist posse to start, yeah. At 5hp with two 1dmg self-heal faces, a pair of Cultists can team up to wombo combo a Thorn (and survive, albeit barely) while the other nerds fart spells all over everything else. It works out nicely.

e:

:stare:

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Dec 27, 2022

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

me, still struggling to deal with added goblins reliably

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
the sound of dice rolling will never exit my tortured cranium

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
After losing Unfair generates on and off for a few weeks, I decided to hop on the all-blue brutal bandwagon and one-shot it. Heaven mode was fun, but missing that Blursed continuity.

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

statue-p=aaa:2a2:20-n=moss

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

code:
thief-d=glasses:3:10

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Tann posted:

code:

Please tell me this is an item and anyone you put it on gets the glasses

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?

Tann posted:

code:

Oh man, if this becomes a hat collecting game, I am 100% on board.

Anyway, does the Bent Fork (x1 the pips of all sides) have any effect? Most of the other tier 0 items I can think of an obscure use for, but I can't figure out how this might change things.

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Angry Diplomat posted:

Please tell me this is an item and anyone you put it on gets the glasses

Nope, some weird ""modding"" stuff I'm working on. I am too lazy to define eye positions per hero, that's the player's job!

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
SnD 2 should be the exact same as the first, but it's now a gacha game with rare skins. Hope you can get that 6 star sorcerer on your free roll!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Tann posted:

statue-p=aaa:2a2:20-n=moss

I don't like that second custom Statue. Everyone knows a rolling stone gathers no moss.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Tann posted:

Nope, some weird ""modding"" stuff I'm working on. I am too lazy to define eye positions per hero, that's the player's job!

Although having the Thief and Ludus get the deal with it glasses when they roll the highest value die face would be rad.

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008
Does anyone have any tips on the < turns achievements? I just 1-turned Hexia and still ended at 41.

I usually blitz through the early and mid-game fights in 1-2 turns, but it feels like it just takes one late fight against a bunch of summoners or spongier enemies to blow the run, especially if you roll none of your AOE on a critical turn.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Same rules as Brutal. You're building for nothing but damage. You don't worry about taking hits because if you are then you're not getting there.

Accepting that there will be a lot of broken glass on your way to finding the glass cannon team that holds together is a meditative process and one you should embrace.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Razakai posted:

SnD 2 should be the exact same as the first, but it's now a gacha game with rare skins. Hope you can get that 6 star sorcerer on your free roll!

i mean i would be totally into this if the gacha was just completely free sob sob

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Snooze Cruise posted:

i mean i would be totally into this if the gacha was just completely free sob sob

You get a pull for every cycle of *ursed you do. Further in you get the better the odds of the big titty anime waifu or what ever it is you get from gacha these days.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

I just beat heaven in under 30, and got a secret achievement for it. I hope there isn't a sub 25...

Favour of horus plus cruel burst was very funny.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

silvergoose posted:

I just beat heaven in under 30, and got a secret achievement for it. I hope there isn't a sub 25...

Favour of horus plus cruel burst was very funny.

There's one for 25. I hope there isn't a 20...

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

CubicalSucrose posted:

good christ

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

CubicalSucrose posted:

Knowing this has got me 3 x 26 turn games in a row. That one extra turn is killing me.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Razakai posted:

As long as the gacha mechanic is a 1:6 chance for the rarest rolls, and you roll it with the normal SnD die-rolling physics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.

Avasculous posted:

Does anyone have any tips on the < turns achievements? I just 1-turned Hexia and still ended at 41.

I usually blitz through the early and mid-game fights in 1-2 turns, but it feels like it just takes one late fight against a bunch of summoners or spongier enemies to blow the run, especially if you roll none of your AOE on a critical turn.

As stated, build only for damage. This means picking items / heroes that boost damage even if it kills heroes on your team to do it (e.g. the item that gives +2 to all sides along with Pain, Barbarian, Roulette, etc.), and also emphasizing mana like many other winning strategies. I managed to get a 32 turn win after several ~36 or 37 turn attempts by grabbing Thimble and Lightning Rod, which meant that as long as I had enough mana, every fight ended on Turn 1.

Edit: I'd say this went well. Didn't get an achievement though. Are the achievements for quick runs sub-30 or sub-25 only for Classic on Normal or Harder like the others (e.g. my original 32 turn run)? I can't imagine beating Normal/Classic sub-25.

TravelLog fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Dec 28, 2022