Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Nutmeg posted:

wrong thread my god im so sorry -_-

You sick little bastard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

finally no longer on call. drinking since it ended at 7am. loving up my tactics ogre run rn lol

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

mycophobia posted:

I'm finally done with my game Tromi.

https://mycophobia.org/tromi.html

Please play it and tell me what kind of scores and grade you can get. Tahnk you

bro...? no crt filter? dont you know about the pixels bro? :smugmrgw::smugdog::smugbird:

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

mycophobia posted:

cool i'll try this later

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Trying to finish up Ace Attorney Investigations today but these are some long cases. If I do then I’ll move on to trying some of my Christmas gift games, the new Star Ocean, Second Sight if it runs well enough on Steam Deck, and/or Cult of the Lamb

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

ArfJason posted:

bro...? no crt filter? dont you know about the pixels bro? :smugmrgw::smugdog::smugbird:

most of the images are hi res!!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Beat Ridley after like 5 attempts. It’s been a really long time since I’ve played Super Metroid

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

mobile version when

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

tf? why are arf and pablo on probes for a week

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
He remembered something

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Bitchmade imho. Clicking on someone rap sheet isn’t “digging through old posts”. Free our warriors. It’s Impmas for Christ’s sake.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

tf? why are arf and pablo on probes for a week

Jeff panel probed everyone who posted in the QCS oval office thread, because that obviously requires way more urgent action than banning pedo art posters or vtuber fans or whatever

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Wait that's not even the post he was probated for. It's not linked to anything. Jefferey....

----------------

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Xisticide posted:

Jeff panel probed everyone who posted in the QCS oval office thread, because that obviously requires way more urgent action than banning pedo art posters or vtuber fans or whatever

lmao what a loving bitcb

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Xisticide posted:

Epic first post in imp zone btw. Welcome.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

mobile version when

i coudl technically port it to android. but im not going to

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Starting to get sick so slugging antihistamines and bought Picross S5.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

Starting to get sick so slugging antihistamines and bought Picross S5.

my fever finally broke so that's good, still feel like complete poo poo tho. we got this ✊🏿

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Xenoblade 3 has so much poo poo going on. Persona gon have to wait.

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005

In Training posted:

ty, I did used to post in the Mario Maker thread long ago.

back to "work" today but there was noone else in so I spent the day playing Sega Picross

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Xisticide posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

And a great job to Jeff lmfao.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

merry Christmas him s

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

mycophobia posted:

I played this. I scored a best of 90,675 with a rating of 17k. I was going to take a screenshot of the score the round before, but in full screen mode, print screen oddly took a picture of a blank white box and I didn't see a way to directly access the high score table without playing an additional round. It might be nice to have that option.

I like the aesthetic. It's calming to play and the colors are nice. Everything looks good.

I played a bit of tetris back in the day on nes and game boy, and am not very good. I've more recently played some Tetris Effect but at a pretty casual level. That game's spin system is extremely forgiving and lets you sort of just spin blocks for a while to buy time or climb over stuff. This one does not. I saw on your site that you implemented a "Sega-based" spin system so I'm assuming that it's all working the way you intend and is just unfamiliar to me, but I ran into a few situations where I'd try to spin a t-block while it was against a wall or another tetromino and expect it to "pop out" a bit to accommodate the rotation, which it did not. I also found the way that blocks behaved if you had used down to move them into place vs if you had not confusing. I often position a block about where I want it and then press down to get it closer, and then adjust right or left if needed (this is probably not a good habit for high-level play) and noticed that when I used down, blocks locked in place right away rather than having me be able to slide them even if I was no longer holding down when they landed. This caused a disruption in my flow in each round I played at a point where things started moving quickly enough that I no longer used down, and suddenly blocks started sliding after I expected them to lock in place and started pressing a direction for the new block that was going to fall.

Speaking as someone who's not great at the game and hasn't studied strategies or played any of the more serious versions, the speed ramp was a little faster than I'm used to and I usually just found myself suddenly switching from being totally in control to being unable to salvage the situation pretty quickly. For me, the amount of time I spent in a 'challenging but not too difficult' state was pretty short each round, which makes it a little harder for me to feel like I want to start up another round afterward. I expect that your game is probably aimed at more serious players but I mention this since you remark about it being accessible for new players on your page, so maybe the feedback will be helpful.

I had fun playing. Thanks for sharing!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
thanks for the detailed feedback!

the stuff you mentioned about the rotation system, including the "down-to-lock" mechanic is pretty much inherent to Sega rotation, from their hugely influential 1988 arcade Tetris, which led to, among other games, Tetris the Grand Master. the lock delay, i.e. the amount of time you have to move or rotate a piece after it touches down and before it locks into place, is about half a second and will reset every time it moves down one cell (as opposed to modern Tetris Guideline games which will reset the delay on any movement or rotation). when the pieces start falling faster than you can handle is when you need to use the lock delay to your advantage, and either hit down to lock when it's in place or wait for it to lock and get extra thinking time. the wallkick rules that ive added are a simple "if movement is blocked, try moving the piece one space to the right. failing that, one space to the left. if both fail, rotation fails" rule, which is similar to what TGM does, but slightly more permissive. modern guideline tetris wallkick rules are a psychotic clusterfuck of conditions that few can comfortably keep in their head but allow for nearly any rotation to work in some way. sega rotation + simple wallkick is harder to flail around in but easier to master due to a small but useful set of predictable rules.

the speed curve i tried to match to Sega's Tetris as well, where you'll hit a max speed of "1G" (i.e. the piece moves by itself down one cell per frame) at around 75 lines cleared, and then i increase the speed from there. i might be overselling the "easy for beginners" aspect but if you're willing to stick with it you can learn

thanks for playing and sharing your scores/grade, i like to hear this stuff

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mycophobia posted:

i will be playing before bed tonight however no imp zone shout out on your page? :reject:

----------------

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

this poo poo gets hard as hell so fast lmfao. im loving awful at tetris though

----------------

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

symbolic posted:

drunkenly bought a bunch of games last night. Heretic and Hexen were among them so im gonna try em out if i get bored of Bug Fables. i didnt care much for Amid Evil but thinking maybe ill dig the OGs more

amid evil is way better than those, heretic is basically a more boring doom and thats all you can say about it.

i have a soft spot of hexen but its very flawed and when its going to its strengths its amazing. Unfortunately its the ultimate labyrinth and the only reason its vague switch messages mean anything to me is ive playing it repeatedly since the 90s so i effectively have the game memorised, and even then i can still get lost

i wish amid evil took some more cues from hexen and was a bit more exploratory but the gameplay and maps are honestly way more interesting than the ogs

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

What the gently caress is Larry short for then. Mods?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

amid evil is way better than those, heretic is basically a more boring doom and thats all you can say about it.

i have a soft spot of hexen but its very flawed and when its going to its strengths its amazing. Unfortunately its the ultimate labyrinth and the only reason its vague switch messages mean anything to me is ive playing it repeatedly since the 90s so i effectively have the game memorised, and even then i can still get lost

i wish amid evil took some more cues from hexen and was a bit more exploratory but the gameplay and maps are honestly way more interesting than the ogs
It’s too drat ugly. 😭

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i went into amid evil straight after playing dusk so my mind was blown by the smooth animation

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

dusk was way better, but thats probably no surprise i think that

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

picked a girlfriend for Porp Botulism in Persona 5 and she immediately revealed that when she grows up she wants to be a cop

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

trying to jack off posted:

dusk was way better, but thats probably no surprise i think that

I like the aesthetic of Amid Evil a lot more and both games are good, but when I finally played Dusk I have to admit it's a lot better as a game. The level design is incredible

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

you should play it more

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

mycophobia posted:

you should play it more
Yeah lemme just go back to the main menu and start a new game by typing in my name with 46 individual button presses.

----------------

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

American McGay posted:

Yeah lemme just go back to the main menu and start a new game by typing in my name with 46 individual button presses.

Honestly it was insanely annoying and I'm gonna be AAA from now on.

----------------

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
you can hold down left and right!!! fine ill make it rememver what you put in jeez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it should just let me type!!!!!!

----------------