Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I remember absolutely making GBS threads myself when that happened in the theater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Good memes, fine memes. Memes for, all the family

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

OwlFancier posted:

I remember absolutely making GBS threads myself when that happened in the theater.

You poo poo yourself in a movie theater? Of course you remember that. It would be more worrying if it happened routinely enough that you’d forget

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

poonchasta
Feb 22, 2007

FFFFAAAFFFFF FFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFFAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF
So like 4 years ago they came out with new studies about the plague. They say that rats couldn't have possibly spread the plague at the rate that we thought they did. It was most likely humans propagating the plague by spreading the fleas and lice that caused it. But come on, there still has to be a few rats that are to blame. A few plague rats that helped spread the plague as we know it. In summary, gently caress some plague rats.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

poonchasta posted:

gently caress some plague rats.

No.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Hellblazer187 has a new favorite as of 00:53 on Dec 27, 2022

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

poonchasta posted:

So like 4 years ago they came out with new studies about the plague. They say that rats couldn't have possibly spread the plague at the rate that we thought they did. It was most likely humans propagating the plague by spreading the fleas and lice that caused it. But come on, there still has to be a few rats that are to blame. A few plague rats that helped spread the plague as we know it. In summary, gently caress some plague rats.

What on earth is this

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
One day a rhinoceros woke up and checked their email to see they had become a moderator of the something awful forums. Ever since then they have been the saddest rhino.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

sebmojo posted:

Good memes, fine memes. Memes for, all the family
Someone said family?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

One day a rhinoceros woke up and checked their email to see they had become a moderator of the something awful forums. Ever since then they have been the saddest rhino.

😢

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

mobby_6kl posted:

Someone said family?

People who can’t stop themselves from saying family have Toretto syndrome

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Armitag3 posted:

People who can’t stop themselves from saying family have Toretto syndrome

what if they say fambly

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

OwlFancier posted:

Why would you poo poo yourself to a scene of two good friends being reunited??

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

poonchasta posted:

In summary, gently caress some plague rats.

God forbid.

I love this because it looks like he's getting super pissed about this inane poo poo.

Agents are GO! has a new favorite as of 03:50 on Dec 27, 2022

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Double-post.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

My Aussie friend informs me there are knockoffs!

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Greatbacon posted:

whoa

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Greatbacon posted:

ALDI in Australia also make knockoffs of those knockoffs

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Greatbacon posted:

thank you for this I am interrogating my australian friends now

sloth I know you're reading this

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

Greatbacon posted:

Uncle Iroh was talking about there being no knockoff sun chips in the fictitious fire nation, not the real one

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Also, what's so bad about actual sunchips that people need a knockoff? Do sunchips do a nestle?

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

As an Australian I don't know what sun chips are but I can confirm that grain waves are good as hell. Especially the sour cream and chives.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Ranter posted:

Also, what's so bad about actual sunchips that people need a knockoff? Do sunchips do a nestle?
I think it's more "if sun chips are so good, why aren't there knockoff sun chips?"

redknob
Aug 29, 2005

cohsae posted:

As an Australian I don't know what sun chips are but I can confirm that grain waves are good as hell. Especially the sour cream and chives.

this is correct

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

cohsae posted:

So you know good the grain waves are? Imagine that, but like, 15% better. That's sun chips.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Ranter posted:

Dunno where you live but in metro Detroit all name brand bags of chips are like loving $6 a bag now so I’ll gladly pay half that for some knock offs.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Tortilla chips are a lie

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6YOG3D9NHXk&si=EnSIkaIECMiOmarE

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

EoinCannon posted:

ALDI in Australia also make knockoffs of those knockoffs

How do you determine if the knock-off if based on the original or a different knock-off?

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Greatbacon posted:

Grain waves arent a knockoff, theyre their own distinct product since the original doesnt actuslly exist in oceania.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/iamspacegirl/status/1066102146230362113

https://twitter.com/TokyoDilf/status/1606468140443074560

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?
fwiw those aren't knockoff just alt brand. Probably the same recipe. Aldis probably has an agreement with Smiths/Pepsico to rebrand their product, but that's speculation.

Australia already has too much chip confusion and minds would implode were a third form of chip imposed upon us

The Sausages has a new favorite as of 15:06 on Dec 27, 2022

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

How did you get yourselves into this mess

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

In the future, Australians will eventually call French fries cunts.

First they'll differentiate the two chips by calling the fries French chips. It sounds like friendships so it'll soon be shortened to friends, and then even more quickly friends will obviously be converted to cunts.

GrandMaster
Aug 15, 2004
laidback
Context is everything. I was loving confused when I got crisps instead of fries with my sandwich in the USA.
Also they're frequently called hot chips, as opposed to packet chips.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

GrandMaster posted:

Context is everything. I was loving confused when I got crisps instead of fries with my sandwich in the USA.

all americans know is eat hot chip and fries

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

GrandMaster posted:

my school french lessons specifically taught us that the french would try to trick us with that one

oh you're up a mountain in a ski resort for some reason and dying for a bowl of hot potato? BEWARE LES CHIPS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Once upon a time, it's possible that they were called "Frenched fried potatoes", referring to the julienne/chiffonade style of cutting vegetables, with the name shortened over time.

It's also possible this is a retroactive etymology.

Hilarious, regardless