Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
It's never worth it to pull for bigger numbers.

But sometimes I think about pulling for some that make playing the character more fun. Yelan C1, Kazuha C1. Maybe Hu Tao C1 but I've already wasted too much stuff one her.

Also while looking at potentially fun 5 star cons I found a spicy new potential off-fielder for burn-melt Ganyu: Burst support Yoimiya??? Her burst applies 2U pyro on cast for some reason? She can maintain burning aura, and if it ever falls off you can just use Yoi's skill to force pyro on enemies... it's not like Ganyu requires unbroken field time. 10s duration mostly matches Benny field uptime. Reverse melt Ganyu's burst in AoE situation with onfield Yoimiya, and if you forward melt that's fine too? Ugh, this idea is dumb.

Dehya, please be good. Because this team is stupid enough for me to waste a patch's worth of primo income to test out :pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Endorph posted:

dont roll for constellations on 5 stars.

on the other hand, do

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

but really donut

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord

MoonCrab posted:

Also while looking at potentially fun 5 star cons I found a spicy new potential off-fielder for burn-melt Ganyu: Burst support Yoimiya???

Dehya, please be good. Because this team is stupid enough for me to waste a patch's worth of primo income to test out :pray:

I will try this out for you sometime soon because it sounds delightfully stupid.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
If your primo source is just the $5 welkin banner, then only roll on banners with 5 stars you like a 4 stars you can use.

If your primos come from swiping your credit card, then do whatever you like. It’s just money. Your money. $100 smackers at a time to get next to nothing.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

brainwrinkle posted:

I will try this out for you sometime soon because it sounds delightfully stupid.

Thanks, my idea was Zhong>Nahida>Yoi>Ganyu, maybe a quick swap to Yoi to attack once or thrice to reapply pyro. I think if the pyro doesn't fall off, you might get, 5 shots? Zhong probably needs Fav, Nahida probably needs Fav and to directly feed those Fav particles to Yoimiya directly. Yoi... might need Fav too? The energy economy if this team is so bad, no wonder nobody's tried it lmao. The """Final Version""" if I end up building it for real might end up with Yoimiya on Fav Noblesse, EM/EM/EM with ER substats, just because her personal damage might be so hobbled that building for burn might be better. Sorry, Yoimiya fans! Your main doesn't deserve this treatment!

There's also the Nahida>Benny>Yoi>Ganyu variation, but I can't in good faith ask anyone to give that one an honest shot.

MoonCrab fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Dec 27, 2022

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Anyway, while I'm butchering characters beyond recognition, I present my newest abomination onto team design: Fridgebloom Shatterburgeon Klee! Guest starring Burnmelt!

The team is Klee/Ganyu/Nahida/Kokomi. Ganyu/Nahida/Kokomi is standard Fridge stuff: you apply a cryo+dendro double aura using Ganyu's Burst and Nahidas' Skill, then Kokomi's hydro freezes and blooms. However, Klee's normal and charged attacks have the "heavy" tag, and hitting the frozen enemies causes Shatter, while hitting the blooms causes Burgeon. Pretty good! Obviously best in AoE, where you can use the travel time of Klee's jumpys to trigger more burgeons than what you're "supposed to" with a single attack. And if your pyro ever slips out of control, you probably end up with a burning aura, which Ganyu will use to reverse melt! Unfortunately, I can't actually confirm this is true, since even the four ruin guards in Liyue died before I could even use Klee burst :(

I also have no idea if building full EM is worth it? Klee has decent MVs, and you get 221+80+150+??? with just sac frags, gilded dreams, and Nahida's thing. Might be better just use normal Atk/Pyro/Crit. Might also, not be better :iiam:

You can also try Xingqiu over Kokomi. If you want to die, I guess? Maybe with Proto Klee + Proto Nahida? Do double proto ambers stack? Maybe Diona over Ganyu? But at that point you actually have to, like, make an effort to maintain a stable reaction. Which I feel goes against the spirit of this team, somewhat.

Edit: drat, this kinda team is pretty trash against bosses :/
And Signora can detonate dendro seeds? Very rude.
And yeah, XQ deals more damage but you die instantly.
But the Burnmelt works! You can tag an annoying faraway enemy with Ganyu if you want.

MoonCrab fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Dec 27, 2022

FiftyFour
Jan 26, 2006
Tosspot

silvergoose posted:

this is an answer I can get behind.

I main physical Qiqi with Aquila and pale flame, but if you’ve got two good pale flame and two bloodstained she’s just as murderous while healing loads too. Don’t forget electro partner for superconduct and whoever else you enjoy playing.

Advice from this thread suggests C6 Rosaria for crit rate, c2 Yun Jin for normal attack boost plus electro.

Another advantage of being a Qiqi main is she doesn’t blabber on all the time when she’s idle!

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

FiftyFour posted:

Another advantage of being a Qiqi main is she doesn’t blabber on all the time when she’s idle!
On the other hand, if you're a Keqing main, having an anime girl berate you for being lazy is probably something you're into anyway.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

I know discussions can get heated but it's no reason to throw around accusations like that.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Maybe he meant "keqing, mang?" ?

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013

FractalSandwich posted:

On the other hand, if you're a Keqing main, having an anime girl berate you for being lazy is probably something you're into anyway.

Look, when she says "Enough procrastinating, let's go", it implies she wants to spend time with you, and furthermore

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

idk why peoples brains break so hard about that line ive seen multiple youtube guys get really mad about it

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Both Raiden and Ayato look extremely cool and Ayato has been super fun to use in various events. I have a tough choice about who to pull ahead of me.

What sort of teams do they work well in, and how does Raiden play?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

FiftyFour posted:

I main physical Qiqi with Aquila and pale flame, but if you’ve got two good pale flame and two bloodstained she’s just as murderous while healing loads too. Don’t forget electro partner for superconduct and whoever else you enjoy playing.

Advice from this thread suggests C6 Rosaria for crit rate, c2 Yun Jin for normal attack boost plus electro.

That's helpful, thanks! I've got acceptable 2 pale flame 2 bloodstained, both of those are c2, Rosaria is built at least, for Ayaka freeze, Yunjin is not.

I'm just happy to have something to build towards that isn't very tiny stat increases for characters I use. And qiqi is c1, so uh that will definitely help!

silvergoose fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Dec 27, 2022

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Both Raiden and Ayato look extremely cool and Ayato has been super fun to use in various events. I have a tough choice about who to pull ahead of me.

What sort of teams do they work well in, and how does Raiden play?

Raiden's deal is energy recharge and bursts, basically. She powers up her burst when other characters in your party do their burst, and then you switch to her and do her burst. Her burst makes her pull out a sword made of electricity and attack with it for her normal attacks for a bit.

They both work pretty well in a variety of teams. Ayato generally wants team comps that rely on a lot of reactions happening due to how fast his sword slashes are, since he can trigger things extremely frequently. Plus how long lasting his burst is. Units like Xiangling or Fischl work well with him.

As for Raiden, you can basically play her as a hypercarry where she's dealing most of the team's damage, or as part of a rotation of bursts. She works well in both roles, and has a pretty big variety of teams she can work in, depending if you're playing her as the main onfield driver or not.

Example Teams with 4*s:

Raiden/Xiangling/Bennett/Xingqiu as a burst rotation team with Raiden as a finisher.

Raiden/Sucrose/Bennett/Sara where Raiden is powered up to the map to deal as much damage with her burst as possible. Works best with Sara at C6, but functional with Sara at C2.

Ayato/Sucrose/Fischl/Dendro Main Character as a team focused on Hyperbloom and taking advantage of Ayato's fast attack speed and Fischl's crow summon.

Ayato/Collei/Rosaria/Sucrose as a team focused on freezing enemies and triggering blooms.

But both characters are pretty flexible.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Endorph posted:

idk why peoples brains break so hard about that line ive seen multiple youtube guys get really mad about it

I dont get mad about it, but I do get mildly irritated with idle lines that imply the character has something better to do/would rather not be used. I'm more thinking of Dilucs  "I still have a lot to do at the Guild, how about you take a rest while I go back?" and "You should really bring the Knights of Favonius with you next time" line than anyone else. My dude, I cant be keeping you from something more interesting, you arent even canonically here. Plus you're an off-banner 5*, I'd honestly rather Klee was here instead, but you're what I got off that banner so suck it up.

I do kind of think lines like that are a small mis-step, in the same way I always think "The protagonist is being forced/blackmailed into doing the missions" is a storytelling misstep in open world games (lookin' at you here GTA). You want the player to associate having fun with playing your game, then dont have the character they are controlling constantly whinging about having to be involved in the gameplay. Now obviously GTA and Genshin Impact have between them made all of the money, so its not a dealbreaker, but it just always slightly annoys me personally.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Endorph posted:

dont roll for constellations on 5 stars.

what, and not touch gacha for 2 months? seems incorrect.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Zenostein posted:

what, and not touch gacha for 2 months? seems incorrect.

As a low spender I've come to weirdly enjoy not touching banners for months on end and watching my primo stash slowly trickle up

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

As a low spender I've come to weirdly enjoy not touching banners for months on end and watching my primo stash slowly trickle up

Ningguang 's little speech about a giant money pot always being better with just a little more makes more sense if you mentally find-and-replace "mora" with "primogems".

Kale
May 14, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OKjABNeHDo

This new cutscene in Honkai looks like something out of one one of Yae's Raiden Shogun fanfiction light novels. So it looks like both the Raidens are going to be having a banner across 2 games at the same time.

Richlove
Jul 24, 2009

Paragon of primary care

"What?!?! You stuck that WHERE?!?!

:staredog:

Appreciate the advice! Will refrain from embracing the gacha and be happy with c0 Raiden. Makes sense to get those other characters. Of course during the long break I took from the game, I missed Ayaka!

I am not a whale, just a minnow at times (welkin here and there).

Also artifact farming is the worst. Glad I saved all my fragile resin until AR45+ though. That was great advice.

FiftyFour
Jan 26, 2006
Tosspot

silvergoose posted:

That's helpful, thanks! I've got acceptable 2 pale flame 2 bloodstained, both of those are c2, Rosaria is built at least, for Ayaka freeze, Yunjin is not.

I'm just happy to have something to build towards that isn't very tiny stat increases for characters I use. And qiqi is c1, so uh that will definitely help!

Oh nice I’m still c0 but c2 is where she gets another normal attack boost!

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Making the bateman face @ the realization that fridgebloom shatterburgeon klee is essentially just a Nilou team that forces you into circle impact and short to medium range for basically no benefit.

Might be good to pull for Nilou in the future...

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Nilou is a silly character. I like owning her because the comp is really funny but the damage is so volatile based on how enemies group that I don't like using it on floor 12. She's also very hard/usually impossible to fit into friendship teams so I dont see her much.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

No Wave posted:

Nilou is a silly character. I like owning her because the comp is really funny but the damage is so volatile based on how enemies group that I don't like using it on floor 12. She's also very hard/usually impossible to fit into friendship teams so I dont see her much.

Nilou's value will skyrocket once Fontaine showers us in Hydro and Dendro characters! Any day now!!!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

She's legitimately good she has everything she needs right now even without a 4* hp sword and another hp artifact set. But it's a very weird comp you're playing an entirely different game.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
If you're just doing commissions nilou's just fine. She does plenty of damage on her own just by having a lot of health, you just lose out on speed if you can't use her superfast green bombs. Frankly her and tighnari are doing all the drat work in that friendship team, the other two are gorou and dori………

For example, she does an excellent job of freezing stuff for ayaka in my silly performing arts team of nilou, ayaka, fischl, and barbara (although i should lose either barbara or fischl for yunjin, so I have someone from every country).

Tree Reformat posted:

Nilou's value will skyrocket once Fontaine showers us in Hydro and Dendro characters! Any day now!!!

Has any country actually properly had a majority of its characters be its element? Sure Fontaine'll probably have more dendros, but that's just because they weren't elsewhere. Wouldn't really count on it being particularly hydro-heavy. Plus, the weak part of the intended nilou teams is definitely the dendro half, you're pretty well-set for hydro.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Nahida+Nilou+Xingqiu does not have a lot of room for improvement. The thing that holds mine back is I am too lazy to put EM artifacts on Xingqiu. Yaoyao could maybe let you use Ayato instead of Xingqiu (tho her healing may not be high enough) which will be hilarious but not substantially better.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I like Nilou she's cute

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
I really enjoyed Nilou in the recent dungeon event, definitely one I might pull for later.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Nilou has a great design but her voice is just really boring. Also that she's super off field is disappointing.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Cute is the only thing worth rolling for (obviously)

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Characters that are "too perfect" rub me the wrong way

Ayaka and Nilou fit that bill

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

She's legitimately good she has everything she needs right now even without a 4* hp sword and another hp artifact set. But it's a very weird comp you're playing an entirely different game.

This is my complaint about the hyperbloom teams as well. You spam reactions against any target you can find, and then a process that ticks sets them off and they fly around and do whatever and you win. The strategy for any given encounter is pretty much the same. It depressing that it's also part of the meta, and much easier to use that most other teams because it does all the thinking for you.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
nilou is an inhuman mutant freak without a belly button
probably grown in some vat by the sages

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

ninjoatse.cx posted:

This is my complaint about the hyperbloom teams as well. You spam reactions against any target you can find, and then a process that ticks sets them off and they fly around and do whatever and you win. The strategy for any given encounter is pretty much the same. It depressing that it's also part of the meta, and much easier to use that most other teams because it does all the thinking for you.
Idk about depressing, because there are really fun ways to play hyperbloom (cyno best). But a lot of them arent interested in bursts or energy at all outside of xingqiu's, it doesnt feel like the real game and doesnt have a real rhythm.

I dont actually mind that the strongest comp is not that fun it means it wont be balanced around because no one plays it.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Dec 27, 2022

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Excelzior posted:

Characters that are "too perfect" rub me the wrong way

Ayaka and Nilou fit that bill

Ayaka rubs me the wrong way because half of her lines read like she's in love with me and it's like

Can I have some space, lady?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

ninjoatse.cx posted:

pretty much every named team works like this, you just follow the same 'rotation' without thinking too hard and all content melts. especially if zhongli is involved somehow.
like for raiden national the only time ive ever adapted my strategy is when i kill a floor right at the beginning of a rotation and have to scramble for energy on the next one, then i go right back into autopilot mode

No Wave posted:

But a lot of them arent interested in bursts or energy at all outside of xingqiu's

this part owns and makes them way more fun to play in the overworld

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Nyaawn posted:

Ayaka rubs me the wrong way because half of her lines read like she's in love with me and it's like

Can I have some space, lady?

Note: I said this before I read her birthday mail, she is in fact down bad