Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Frank Frank posted:

About to crack sub-$111 lol

Do you think we'll see any 🤣 emojis this week? Or have we entered the era of Dark Elon with that stupid Batman tweet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

PITY BONER posted:

Yeah, but a regular Hummer has a 32 gal gas tank, so 8.34 lbs per gallon x 32 gallons = 267 lbs, so what's the difference between that and a few extra thousand pounds in vape batteries?

weight isn't really an issue for EVs as much as rolling and wind resistance

heavier vehicles can have a more robust regenerative braking system, which makes an especially large difference in city driving

ofc hummers are absurd nonsense vehicles with no reason to exist but electric ones really aren't really any dumber, the gas ones were already close to 7,000lb

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

Does anyone have a list or link summarizing how Musk hosed with Tesla designs after he booted Eberhard and Tarpenning (actual original founders)? My understanding is that they weren't trying to reinvent every car component from the ground up and were focusing on making an EV look appealing.

I try and google this and I get reams of articles from 2010 felating Musk.

sarcastx
Feb 26, 2005

Darchangel posted:

It's almost like an auto manufacturer that's been building cars for over 100 years is able to build a better car than someone moving fast and breaking things (and people.)

I remember a short video (Twitter probably) of an owner of one of the first Model 3s who lived in Chicago, demonstrating a profoundly idiotic design flaw.

This is the trunk of a Honda Accord. See how there's the little painted area below the rear window?
That's a little rain gutter to which the trunk seal is affixed. As water runs over the vehicle, it runs down into the channel, along the sides of the trunk opening, and down channels to either side of the trunk and out below its opening. It's usually an inch across and maybe 1.5-2" deep, so as a gutter, it's actually fairly simple but effective.

Musky's car had none of this. The person in Chicago had their car parked outside in slushy snowy precipitation, opened their trunk, and the whole roof full of slush sloughed straight into the open trunk.

I wonder how long legacy car engineers have known to put a loving rain gutter in their trunk openings

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Rhonne posted:

He was doing it on Christmas Eve instead of spending it with people.

Every Christmas Eve, Elon visits all the servers in the world, checking his list to see if they have been Woke or Based.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

sarcastx posted:

Musky's car had none of this. The person in Chicago had their car parked outside in slushy snowy precipitation, opened their trunk, and the whole roof full of slush sloughed straight into the open trunk.

I wonder how long legacy car engineers have known to put a loving rain gutter in their trunk openings

heh looks like u didn't run the defrost feature before getting stuff out of your trunk and now u got musk derangement syndrome. i pity u

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

c'mon break through!

e: eheheheheh

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Last hour plunge!

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
again why should techbros care about snow or even rain in sunny California?

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Popping back up. Straight to the moon baby!

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Most valuable company in the world, within the next 5 years. That's a Musk guarantee!

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Can we break 109 in 7 minutes? Maybe!

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

lending my spiritual strength to number's continued plummeting like a Final Fantasy character praying for the heroes' success

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

SatansOnion posted:

lending my spiritual strength to number's continued plummeting like a Final Fantasy character praying for the heroes' success

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
Sending actual thoughts and prayers to number

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Nice!

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Think some people have been margin called. Stocks flying everywhere

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Steadiman posted:

Sending actual thoughts and prayers to number

Stay safe, number ghost 🙏🏽

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Come on 108

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Oh no! Never mind

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Yes!

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
108.97!

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Yeah! 🥳

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

serious gaylord posted:

Think some people have been margin called. Stocks flying everywhere

I don’t think margin calls happen until after closing

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

stonks

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
A million shares a minute at the moment.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Are we seeing massive dumps? Many such cases?

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
This thread collecting and directing energy like a spirit bomb

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Jestery posted:

Imdoingmypart.gif

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Me this morning: "It's the week between Christmas and New Years. Nobody is doing anything, even margin calls. The stock will just continue to go down three or four percent a day until everyone gets back from vacation and then poo poo will go bananas."

Tesla Stock: :derp: "THERE'S NO HOLIDAYS FOR THE CRAZY TRAIN!!!"

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Jestery posted:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Went as low as 108.7 from what I could see, closed at 109.05.

I think it will keep dropping.

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don’t think margin calls happen until after closing

I genuinely dont know how they work but the stock just got tanked in the last 45 minutes. Activity went nuts.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
how Teslow can it Tesgo?!?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Elon lost 5.9 billion dollars today.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Apparently Tesla has officially overtaken meta for worse performing stock of 2022

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Meta lost 1% today for reference

The Postman
May 12, 2007

ok elon time to log on and tell everyone why none of this is your fault!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

come on baby you've still got time to go under $100