Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

ninjoatse.cx posted:

The most :stare: thing in this post is you got the exact number of drops from the Thunder Manifestation.

To be fair, the chance of that happening is pretty high, like 1/3 at worst or something (since you're just getting them in 2 or 3 at a time), and I think even higher if your WL is still lower and the boss can drop just 1 item. I've definitely ended up with the exact number of boss items before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Nyaawn posted:

Ayaka rubs me the wrong way because half of her lines read like she's in love with me and it's like

Can I have some space, lady?

This is a plus for me because I play Lumine so it's ridiculously gay and I mean, same.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I realized that Diluc, Hu Tao, Yae, Kuki, Thoma, Tighnari, and Haitham can all use gilded dreams as best or very close second best set. So I feel pretty good about making it my forever farm, hopefully Daeya will have some freaky EM mechanic so I can give it to her too.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord

MoonCrab posted:

Thanks, my idea was Zhong>Nahida>Yoi>Ganyu, maybe a quick swap to Yoi to attack once or thrice to reapply pyro. I think if the pyro doesn't fall off, you might get, 5 shots? Zhong probably needs Fav, Nahida probably needs Fav and to directly feed those Fav particles to Yoimiya directly. Yoi... might need Fav too? The energy economy if this team is so bad, no wonder nobody's tried it lmao. The """Final Version""" if I end up building it for real might end up with Yoimiya on Fav Noblesse, EM/EM/EM with ER substats, just because her personal damage might be so hobbled that building for burn might be better. Sorry, Yoimiya fans! Your main doesn't deserve this treatment!

There's also the Nahida>Benny>Yoi>Ganyu variation, but I can't in good faith ask anyone to give that one an honest shot.

It kind of works, but there are some major problems.

1. Energy - even with a +20 ER timepiece and level 70 Favonius Warbow, Yoimiya doesn't have enough energy to burst back to back. Even going Nahida Skill -> Yoi Skill -> Normal to proc burning -> Yoi Burst (catch particles) only refills to about half energy, 2/3 by the time you'd want to recast the burst. You could probably work around this with more ER.
2. Not enough pyro application - it seems fairly easy to accidentally desync burning and Yoimiya burst triggers. I've attached a clip where it happened versus Masanori. I suspect it was Zhongli's pillar, but I'm uncertain.
3. Short duration. I lucked into C1 Yoimiya accidentally, but 10s would only give you ~3-4 shots with Ganyu as best as I can tell. Prefilling particles with the skill would be difficult to time correctly here too.

I think a well built C6 Diona could be better than Zhongli here, but my is poorly built.

It's categorically worse than Bennett as is I think. Maybe Dehya will be the Burn support we need.

https://i.imgur.com/FRFS1Ln.mp4

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Eimi posted:

This is a plus for me because I play Lumine so it's ridiculously gay and I mean, same.

I mean, same, but she just comes on waaayyy too strong...but I guess she is an introvert so :shrug:

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Kale posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OKjABNeHDo

This new cutscene in Honkai looks like something out of one one of Yae's Raiden Shogun fanfiction light novels. So it looks like both the Raidens are going to be having a banner across 2 games at the same time.

Probably doesn't matter too much since I think there's only like five people here playing Honkai directly, but I feel like a cutscene from presumably near the end of next chapter is a bit of a spoiler, the unit before that hasn't even shown up yet.

That's like, beta or something. Bronya is next in Honkai, probably gonna be Mei like next month. So one Raiden then the other.

Also speaking of Honkai, the newest chapter has finally hit Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance levels of "I don't understand what's going on anymore, just sort of letting it wash over me."

It's up to right before Bronya gets her new suit, which is explained as the Herrscher Of Reason not being"awakened" or something? Like there's been a Herrscher equivalent of Super Saiyan 2 this whole time and Bronya's the only one who hasn't had it? Anyway that bit's kinda dumb but at least understandable, I followed almost none of the technobabble about Project Stigma and Finality. It's like a time loop but World Serpent is trying to do an End Of Evangelion to get a bunch of hitherto imaginary people around it somehow, or something?

Man, Honkai is loving nuts. And I loving love it.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Captain France posted:

Easiest way to explain it has to do with how the Herrscher of Reason was explained at the start: The core of the HoR was not created properly, and had several thousand different minds inside who were captured within when it formed. Collectively they decided they did NOT want to be a super villain, and the original Welt was elected to be the representative. Since then, every new HoR has required the consent of the minds inside of it to be the new HoR and use its powers. The fuckery going on in this chapter has basically prevented the minds inside of the core from holding a vote on anything, and Bronya can only continue forward by ..basically.. helping each mind inside move on until she's the last mind involved.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nyaawn posted:

I mean, same, but she just comes on waaayyy too strong...but I guess she is an introvert so :shrug:

The way these conversations go, every girl aside from Klee is hitting on you so I don't know how anyone makes a distinction.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Nyaawn posted:

Note: I said this before I read her birthday mail, she is in fact down bad

A lot of the people who have Cryo visions have extremely complicated interpersonal relationships and strange ways of expressing affection. This is probably not an accident.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Gearhead posted:

A lot of the people who have Cryo visions have extremely complicated interpersonal relationships and strange ways of expressing affection. This is probably not an accident.

As a weirdo with social anxiety maybe this explains why I really like so many of them.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Zenostein posted:

If you're just doing commissions nilou's just fine. She does plenty of damage on her own just by having a lot of health, you just lose out on speed if you can't use her superfast green bombs. Frankly her and tighnari are doing all the drat work in that friendship team, the other two are gorou and dori………

For example, she does an excellent job of freezing stuff for ayaka in my silly performing arts team of nilou, ayaka, fischl, and barbara (although i should lose either barbara or fischl for yunjin, so I have someone from every country).

Has any country actually properly had a majority of its characters be its element? Sure Fontaine'll probably have more dendros, but that's just because they weren't elsewhere. Wouldn't really count on it being particularly hydro-heavy. Plus, the weak part of the intended nilou teams is definitely the dendro half, you're pretty well-set for hydro.

Monstadt: 3 Anemo (3/8 Anemo, 3/18 Monstadt)
Liyue: 3 Geo (3/7 Geo, 3/16 Liyue)
Inazuma: 4 Electro (4/11 Electro, 4/14 Inazuma)
Sumeru: 4 Dendro (counting Al and Yaoyao) (4/5 Dendro) (4/10 Sumeru)

So not even the majority of Sumeru characters are Dendro, no.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Captain France posted:

That's like, beta or something. Bronya is next in Honkai, probably gonna be Mei like next month. So one Raiden then the other.

If anyone is curious, the next two patches are Bronya battlesuit and then a double patch with Mei and Kiana battlesuits, with Mei being the free one and Kiani being the gacha one. Bronya has a passive that buffs other elements and Kiani/Mei supposedly will have skills that interact with each other, so you can run all three herrschers on the same team or as separate damage characters (or run Bronya in the place of AE.) That cutscene was leaked since the beta server isn't updated yet. Bronya is already out in China however.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Gearhead posted:

ayaka's interpersonal relationship with the traveler isn't complicated at all which is why it's so boring and uninteresting

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

RareAcumen posted:

The way these conversations go, every girl aside from Klee is hitting on you so I don't know how anyone makes a distinction.

Yeah, the real tier list is "How horny for the main character is this person" from "D- (not at all, is probably a child and/or an archon)" to SSS (SUPER loving THIRSTY, YOU NEED TO TAKE IT DOWN A NOTCH OR TWELVE LISA).

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

SiKboy posted:

Yeah, the real tier list is "How horny for the main character is this person" from "D- (not at all, is probably a child and/or an archon)" to SSS (SUPER loving THIRSTY, YOU NEED TO TAKE IT DOWN A NOTCH OR TWELVE LISA).

xiao and heizou are a little suspect in this regard as well, both straight up being otome game archetypes. i wouldn’t be surprised if i didn’t come across their exact personalities and arcs in relation to the MC in tears of themis

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

I'm shocked it even works a little bit :eyepop:

Interesting. Looks like Yoimiya's burst ICD is the culprit here. I think if it didn't have one, the burst and burning could paper over each other's gaps in application pretty well. I liked the part where applying pyro melts away cryo aura completely, reacts with the simultaneous dendro aura to create a burning aura, and the burning immediately applies pyro to the enemy. Bodes pretty well for Dehya. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure only Nahida's 1.5U dendro makes stuff like this even feasable :/

Shartin Mad
Nov 23, 2022

by Hand Knit

Gearhead posted:

it's a really cliche and obvious thing done poorly but I do like the trope of people's elemental magics and junk rubbing off on their personalities. I like how Genshin does it because while you have the obvious stuff like 'Amber is energetic and passionate because fire' you also have 'and Diluc is low key and distant but if you know how to handle it he can be stoked into sudden bursts of action and emotion like burning embers'. Like I said, not super groundbreaking or unique as a base trope but I enjoy it when a writing team is able to explore things better.

Probably why I dig Itto so much, aside from generally being an adorable himbo I like his version of earth being such a contrast to a lot of the normal ones. Instead of the obvious slow and ponderous but extremely careful and well thought out type he's an avalanche of emotion and eagerness that just keeps building his own momentum as he hypes himself up.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

theres a lot of teams in this game that work that nobody talks about because they arent quite as good as the meta teams and understanding that they work requires actual game knowledge rather than reepating things you heard elsewhere

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Shartin Mad posted:

it's a really cliche and obvious thing done poorly but I do like the trope of people's elemental magics and junk rubbing off on their personalities. I like how Genshin does it because while you have the obvious stuff like 'Amber is energetic and passionate because fire' you also have 'and Diluc is low key and distant but if you know how to handle it he can be stoked into sudden bursts of action and emotion like burning embers'. Like I said, not super groundbreaking or unique as a base trope but I enjoy it when a writing team is able to explore things better.

Probably why I dig Itto so much, aside from generally being an adorable himbo I like his version of earth being such a contrast to a lot of the normal ones. Instead of the obvious slow and ponderous but extremely careful and well thought out type he's an avalanche of emotion and eagerness that just keeps building his own momentum as he hypes himself up.

(yes yes i know the archons dont actually hand out visions)

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
imagining Raiden Shogun handing a vision to Fishel

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

frankly the 'archons hand out visions directly' thing was way more interesting and undermining it for another vague mystery sucked

venti should have popped up at the end of the recent patch and chucked an anemo vision at scaramouche's head

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Anora posted:

Raiden would absolutely give a girl with a mental disorder a talking bird.

Also them not handing them out makes sense as the archons know anyone with a vision is a potential replacement for them. Why would they be empowering someone who could replace them?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hi kusanali *bonk* bye kusanali

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Oh, I thought the joke in that image was that zhongli was supposed to be all of those things, not that he was giving out visions (I have the IQ of a rock)

Kale
May 14, 2010

For whatever reason Ayakas character type of "The Ojou" proper princess character just does it for me more than any other female character type in Asian media character types. Something about the combination of graceful elegance combined with lethal deadliness in combat, that's the stuff. Its probably some gap moe brain wirint thing honestly That said its kind of irksome we never get to really see it much in Ayakas appearances in game and she mostly just seems to be worrying shes done something not properly proper or just kind of acting weak willed. Like even separating in game performance from story stuff shes clearly supposed to be one of the best samurai in all of Inazuma and instantly whips a group of bandits one time in her character story and thats the only time i can recall her actually fighting.

Please Mihoyo give her something to do in her inevitable featuring with the costume next patch like how shes portrayed in her trailer and I'll probably die.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

It really helps that she's voiced by Hayami Saori, ie Yor who is the exact same type of character and I love her.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Shartin Mad posted:

Even if it's not their gameplay style, just once I wanna see a character fully enbody their element. Someone calls to then mid fight and to avoid being decapitated they turn everything shoulders up into fire or ice or rock etc.

Anora posted:

Raiden watching Fischl not leave her room for two years

'drat, she just like me fr fr. Have a talking raven and a power ceiling that puts you in 5* range'

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Dec 27, 2022

Shartin Mad
Nov 23, 2022

by Hand Knit

Anora posted:

'oh drat this kid isn't leaving her room and constructing an elaborate fantasy world to justify her own importance too? Gotta get her on the team, she's just like me'.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Eimi posted:

It really helps that she's voiced by Hayami Saori, ie Yor who is the exact same type of character and I love her.

Pretty sure everyone loves Saori Hayami but yeah Ayaka is basically her signature character role. I could go on at length since I've noticed her since like 2010 before she started becoming like the it character in seemingly everything made in Japan but she really does seem to be able to do it all on a level I've never really seen before in a voice actress. Shes even in random commercials and documentary voice over in stuff now. My one friend hates her cause shes in basically everything and everywhere now and he can't go a day without hearing her voice in something. :lol:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
i would like ayaka a lot more if she maintained that cold-and-confident ojousama air more around the mc instead of tossing that away to be like shy polite teenage anime girl with a generic crush on [generic main character]

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
they need more horrible gremlins who are also adult women

right now the representation in that quarter is basically just Yae, and she's amazing, but there should be more

Kale
May 14, 2010

Captain France posted:

Probably doesn't matter too much since I think there's only like five people here playing Honkai directly, but I feel like a cutscene from presumably near the end of next chapter is a bit of a spoiler, the unit before that hasn't even shown up yet.

Also speaking of Honkai, the newest chapter has finally hit Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance levels of "I don't understand what's going on anymore, just sort of letting it wash over me."

It's up to right before Bronya gets her new suit, which is explained as the Herrscher Of Reason not being"awakened" or something? Like there's been a Herrscher equivalent of Super Saiyan 2 this whole time and Bronya's the only one who hasn't had it? Anyway that bit's kinda dumb but at least understandable, I followed almost none of the technobabble about Project Stigma and Finality. It's like a time loop but World Serpent is trying to do an End Of Evangelion to get a bunch of hitherto imaginary people around it somehow, or something?

The Honkai technobabble is loving hilarious. The Anti-Entropy visual novel is basically 90% that and we get gender bent Einstein, Tesla, Planck and Edison to be the catalyst for it. They also seem to be Rei, Asuka and Mitsuru respectively though I'm not sure who Edison is. I do like that at one point she Dragon Ball Z style stops what is more or less the spirit bomb in a heroic sacrifice.

Kale
May 14, 2010

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

i would like ayaka a lot more if she maintained that cold-and-confident ojousama air more around the mc instead of tossing that away to be like shy polite teenage anime girl with a generic crush on [generic main character]

The only time shes really shown that in the game though is in that one fight she had with the bandits where I believe my reaction was to recall that one Gill line from Street Fighter III about it being the dramatic depiction of whatever the hell "My dignity shall scar thy DNA" is supposed to mean. Also maybe something about what Kurt should have drawn in that one Milhouse Parents get divorced simpsons classic.

It seems the Shirasagi Himegimi thing only comes out when theres action to be had and she hasnt really had an action scene since like the start of Inazuma. Her story for her outfit, assuming she gets one, is probably going to be something cheesy though like you and Thoma doing the whole escorting the Ojou-Sama to Akademiya trope, which she has decided to attend now that things have settled down in both their countries because "normal grrl stuff" and it instead being this big poo poo show with everybody reacting to her and spreading rumors and the usual class conflict stuff and then she's just a total worrying disaster in private naturally. Then there's gonna be that one NPC that just treats her normally and there'll be bonding and parting or something. Calling it right here.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
Damage report: 2 Raidens, 1 Tignari, and 1 Haran in about 230 rolls.

I was starting from 0 pity on the character banner and 35 pity on the weapon banner, so it's not terrible.
The first Raiden was pretty early, I got a new 5* character in addition to C2 Raiden.

Could've gotten luckier on the weapon, but can't have everything. At least it's Ayaka's second best sword, who I'll start saving for next.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

I somehow got Raiden on my first 10 roll (pity was at 30 going into the banner with a 50/50). While I'm glad I have enough primos left for both Alhaithim and Yelan, I was hoping I'd c6 Rosaria or Sara along the way.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Raiden, Sayu, and C2 for Rosaria and Sara in just 30 pulls. On top of the twenty pull nonsense from Wanderer, I think I've completely exhausted my good luck for a solid year. Good thing I've still got over two hundred pulls for Yelan.

trying to go for C2 on Raiden for Raiden National is tempting, but yeah more characters is better

Shartin Mad
Nov 23, 2022

by Hand Knit
sadly didn't have that many gems saved up but in my 50ish rolls I got 2 Saras and a Rosaria, not terrible but now that I think I'm firmly in pity territory I'm really hoping to get at least one Raiden since it looks like Sara is pretty meh without a strong electric DPS to help and I've got zero electric aside from Fischl who I do like and Lisa who's pretty meh to me.

I'm still pretty new to the game, just got fully into Not-Japan's storyline and all so it's not like I need a super cutting edge team, maybe I'll gently caress around with Sara and Fischl or Lisa in my team until I can get Raiden proper.

I already had the tanuki ninja girl so honestly all I need is her and maybe mr water man (lowkey sad it's him and not his sister in the banner I just finished her little thing with the festival and all), not bad at all.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
LMAO, decided to do one (1) ten (10) pull on the Raiden banner, cause I have all the banner 4 stars at C5 and would have been happy getting any of them to C6. Ended up pulling Sara C6 and Rosa C6 AND RAIDEN. Utterly useless for me, coulda been Scara, etc., but now that I've got an Engulfing Lightning C1 Raiden with a C6 Sara, the urge to pull is becoming overwhelming. Wouldn't it be a shame, if my slightly above average Raiden were stuck at such a pedestrian power level!? After all, I do have one more pity...!!!

Those hoyo gacha psychologists sure know their stuff.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Shartin Mad posted:

sadly didn't have that many gems saved up but in my 50ish rolls I got 2 Saras and a Rosaria, not terrible but now that I think I'm firmly in pity territory I'm really hoping to get at least one Raiden since it looks like Sara is pretty meh without a strong electric DPS to help and I've got zero electric aside from Fischl who I do like and Lisa who's pretty meh to me.

I'm still pretty new to the game, just got fully into Not-Japan's storyline and all so it's not like I need a super cutting edge team, maybe I'll gently caress around with Sara and Fischl or Lisa in my team until I can get Raiden proper.

I already had the tanuki ninja girl so honestly all I need is her and maybe mr water man (lowkey sad it's him and not his sister in the banner I just finished her little thing with the festival and all), not bad at all.

ayaka should be coming around in a couple months so if you still want her then you should have a chance to save for her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
These non-mysterious hunch hunter abilities in windtrace are so drat bad, like completely useless. They know they're bad too because you get rewards for using them and not hunch. Hunch actually does what you need as a hunter it gives you direction, the others don't serve any purpose.