Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Hatebag posted:

It's more that defending against whack a doo morons isn't really a thing. There really aren't a lot of people trying to do indiscriminate attacks against civilians other than governmental organizations. Terrorists have ideologies and want to hurt people they've classified as bad. Or if they just wanna kill people they're just mass shooters because that takes about 30 minutes of effort and those guys are all being jacked off into killing a bunch of people by the fbi as part of a gladio style operation or whatever
Merry Christmas

yeah- the single greatest terror organization on the planet already controls the water supply and electricity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

the activity being first outside fort bragg then outside fort Lewis got me thinking thoughts.

https://www.gwern.net/docs/rotten.com/library/conspiracy/special-forces-underground/index.html

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
It def is military. Ft Lewis has special forces/ranger groups

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

The Voice of Labor posted:

lol try questioning the intentions of bellingcat in tfr

Brown moses stopped posting because I made him meltdown in the ukmt and he blamed the thread for why he wasnt going to vote for Corbyn

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Jose posted:

Brown moses stopped posting because I made him meltdown in the ukmt and he blamed the thread for why he wasnt going to vote for Corbyn

He also cares an awful lot about disinformation for a guy who spent 2011 posting about african mercenaries raping and slaughtering poor brave anti-Gaddafi forces

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

err posted:

It def is military. Ft Lewis has special forces/ranger groups

was gonna say nah this definitely the kind of mindless vandalism that mid-20s to 30s antisocial loser hicks get up to but lol that doesn't actually contradict your theory

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
Only a true special forces operator could successfully shoot a gun at an unmoving target the size of a house

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i'd wager a majority of them are just random hickbillies shooting up a transformer while drunk and/or own da libs or 'bitch ex-wife' or w/e. the metcalf one was actually legit strange though since it was several levels beyond petty drunk redneck shooting or disgruntled employee

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

its more that sof have a subculture of being hardcore reactionaries (even by military standards) and training + practice in lawlessness and terrorism. like anyone could do it, but I think theyre more likely to choose to.

could just be regular retired mil guys though.

or could be a giant coincidence this seems to be happening outside army bases. genuinely possible

but I think its probably a bit of blowback for making tens of thousands of guys trained and occasionally practiced lawless death squads, based on location and my gut

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Best Friends posted:

its more that sof have a subculture of being hardcore reactionaries (even by military standards) and training + practice in lawlessness and terrorism. like anyone could do it, but I think theyre more likely to choose to.

or could be a giant coincidence this seems to be happening outside army bases. genuinely possible

but I think its probably a bit of blowback for making tens of thousands of guys trained and occasionally practiced lawless death squads, based on location and my gut

it's bored guys shooting their guns at poo poo that maybe makes a big boom (i don't know what happens when you shoot a gun at a transformer station other than the power goes out, but it probably makes a boom)

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
using substations as a gender reveal party. if it goes boom, its a boy

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

i think that instead of the xenforo upgrade jeffrey should make the forums call 911 and request a wellness check any time one of you loving idiots says the CIA is doing petty vandalism or hatching a plot to assassinate a youtuber

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

i think that instead of the xenforo upgrade jeffrey should make the forums call 911 and request a wellness check any time one of you loving idiots says the CIA is doing petty vandalism or hatching a plot to assassinate a youtuber

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

this feels kinda like when all the isis guys figured out that you could just rent a truck

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

that thread was fun for that week. I wonder if people kept posting it after those protests/riots

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

it's bored guys shooting their guns at poo poo that maybe makes a big boom (i don't know what happens when you shoot a gun at a transformer station other than the power goes out, but it probably makes a boom)

bored guys who want to shoot at stuff and watch it explode get themselves some tannerite or propane canisters. disabling the power grid is really more a terrorist thing

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Are the power stations getting sabotaged or just falling apart from disrepair?

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
It's called being a job creator.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
i am going to do a republican against power stations (actionable threat)

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
(lower taxes and cut their funding)

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

I think whatever the CIA is doing is good. They're liberals and I'm a liberal and so if they want to do these types of psychological warfare operations in order to prevent the next Trump that's good too.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Are the power stations getting sabotaged or just falling apart from disrepair?

I wonder what part of the sub station they are shooting at. I think a lot of the parts are backordered and some places will struggle with getting the power on quickly.

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.

it was this guy

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

im blowing up the power stations. it's me.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
it's the work of Avalanche

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

that seems like a stretch even for americans

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

i'm doing it for the love of the game (terrorism)

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
terrorism whips rear end imo. turtlicious was unfairly punished for his bovine-oriented terrorism rather than the now accepted agile terrorism against faraday induction

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

bored guys who want to shoot at stuff and watch it explode get themselves some tannerite or propane canisters. disabling the power grid is really more a terrorist thing

okay but what if 99% of bored guys who want to shoot at stuff shoot at tannerite or propane canisters but there are 100 bored guys who want to shoot at stuff

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

i don't think we can model what bored guys who want to shoot at stuff will shoot at as a stochastic process

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Best Friends posted:

Yes but more importantly, because they function as the freikorps reserve, crackdowns on these people will always be half-hearted.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Pretty sure stormfront arfnet peeps have been talking about this idea since the 80s. I think its even part of the turner diaries? Its going to get bad

speng31b posted:

they found a terrorism that's highly disruptive, difficult to stop, difficult to find the people who did it, easy to pull off. seems like it's here to stay

It's this, almost certainly, they've been experimenting with these tactics for apparently years. The change is on scale and sophistication. The fact that the area apparently had some nazi propaganda deployed around the same time reinforces that suspicion.

My guess is they have something big planned under this, either blacking out a major city or doing something under the cover of the chaos. If it is the usual suspects, they seem to be both probing the responsiveness of the security state, and the architecture of the power grid.

Now, it's mod brained, we all know it. Nazis are dumb as rocks, but it doesn't make them less dangerous; even their stupid attempts of the day of the noose may cause a lot of damage, even if they fall short of doing it by a huge margin.

https://www.utilitydive.com/news/could-terrorists-really-black-out-the-power-grid/241192/

Apparently, there's 30 substations, that if you whacked 9 of them, you could shut down power in a good bit of the state for a good while. Probably less if you wanted only one area.

StratGoatCom has issued a correction as of 16:42 on Dec 27, 2022

pink noise
Jun 24, 2022
something unmentioned after the initial reporting of the nc attacks was the cops didnt spend that first night organizing shelters and directing traffic at broken stop lights, they immediately secured all the local gun stores. wonder what they thought was happening...

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
maybe someone did a cool cat burglary style thing on a hardened compound when the power was out like something out of a heist movie. ever think of that?

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Turner diaries op

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

kids these days will never experience imploding a CRT at the local toxic waste pit

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Smythe posted:

maybe someone did a cool cat burglary style thing on a hardened compound when the power was out like something out of a heist movie. ever think of that?

Maybe not quite that, but I suspect some sort of fuckery is planned under the diversion from whatever big version seems to be coming.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
*yells at liberal to "read a different book"*

*liberal puts down harry potter, picks up the turner diaries*

bullying works!

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

pink noise posted:

something unmentioned after the initial reporting of the nc attacks was the cops didnt spend that first night organizing shelters and directing traffic at broken stop lights, they immediately secured all the local gun stores. wonder what they thought was happening...

Yeah gun store robberies are probably going to be a big red flag right before things go real bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
nah. those guys already have loads of guns. why steal something you already have plenty of?

I'd be worried about robberies at the average sized penis store and the rational belief store