Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

soggybagel posted:

I wish they could flex Christmas day games.

ESPN made their bed, they can lay in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

soggybagel posted:

I wish they could flex Christmas day games.

It'll probably be a pretty good game if LeBron and Luka manage to make it there healthy.

You should probably save this for like two years from now when it's Austin Reaves' Lakers headlining Christmas (which, they will).

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/JBFlint/status/1605344790354153472

so youtube tv subscribers would have the right to pay extra i assume

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
So it sounds like Apple was the front runner for a good while until they bowed out yesterday and YouTube TV swooped in and agreed to all the poo poo the NFL wanted that Apple was fighting them on.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Mahoning posted:

So it sounds like Apple was the front runner for a good while until they bowed out yesterday and YouTube TV swooped in and agreed to all the poo poo the NFL wanted that Apple was fighting them on.

i think a sticking point was that apple wanted no blackouts like their upcoming mls deal and the nfl wouldn't have it

it's official

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1605932459371159554

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Apple should try to get NBA League Pass with no blackouts instead. At least with NFL you can get most of your in market stuff over the air.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I'm sure there's several posts from me about this in this thread, but I can't legally watch any Blue Jackets games because I have YouTube TV. I also have ESPN+, but CBJ games are blacked out because I'm supposed to watch it on Bally's, but can't because $

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Hockles posted:

I'm sure there's several posts from me about this in this thread, but I can't legally watch any Blue Jackets games because I have YouTube TV. I also have ESPN+, but CBJ games are blacked out because I'm supposed to watch it on Bally's, but can't because $

There's Bally Sports+!

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Edward Mass posted:

There's Bally Sports+!

I refuse to entertain that cash grab as an option altogether

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Hockles posted:

I refuse to entertain that cash grab as an option altogether

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS7qb6lbZuo&t=17s

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
NFL Sunday Ticket rumored to cost $300 for the season on YouTube TV.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Outrageous. League Pass is like half that for infinitely more games. Guess I'll keep following the Lions on the radio + twitter.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
It's cheaper than the current cost on DirecTV!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

That's nuts. Its 200 a year in Canada since its part of DAZN

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Edward Mass posted:

It's cheaper than the current cost on DirecTV!

Also dumb!

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

That's nuts. Its 200 a year in Canada since its part of DAZN

I think the full overseas Sunday Ticket equivalent is about $200-250 over here, but selected games (including the Thurs-Sunday-Monday Night games and all playoffs) and RedZone are included with DAZN here. I’ve been on that for…six years? It currently has plenty else I like to watch so I’m happy to pay, and have to admit that having access has led to watching more NFL than I’d imagined.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I like the fact they had the opportunity to look at the prices and lengths people pay to use essentially legitimate non-US services to watch, and rather than bring back in that whole audience and a ton more who don’t go that route due to it being too technical, they just slap on an absurd price tag and call it a day.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

harperdc posted:

I think the full overseas Sunday Ticket equivalent is about $200-250 over here, but selected games (including the Thurs-Sunday-Monday Night games and all playoffs) and RedZone are included with DAZN here. I’ve been on that for…six years? It currently has plenty else I like to watch so I’m happy to pay, and have to admit that having access has led to watching more NFL than I’d imagined.

Here in Canada the NFL has every game and red zone on DAZN plus whatever else is on there that i really don't watch like mma, boxing and a lot of the euro soccer leagues.

How it can be 300 in the USA is lol

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Here in Canada the NFL has every game and red zone on DAZN plus whatever else is on there that i really don't watch like mma, boxing and a lot of the euro soccer leagues.

How it can be 300 in the USA is lol

European soccer, Japanese baseball and every J-League soccer match, plus the streaming rights for Formula 1 (so no F1 TV live coverage) is what has me stuck there. The NFL stuff feels like a bonus, but it is nice to have when I’m working on Monday and Tuesday mornings.

It can work the other way - the new NBA League Pass pricing ($130 for the whole season in the US) is lower than other markets even taking exchange rates into account.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

They don't even have NHL Center Ice anymore. It's just part of ESPN+

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

the networks want it to cost that much so that it wouldn't really cut into regular viewership

re: watch the ads dammit

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
I imagine YT will offer it at a discounted rate for YouTube TV subscribers (since I think they're offering Sunday Ticket as a standalone package too). That pricepoint might be a way to try and juice their core service numbers

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/FOS/status/1608479530221453315

goddamn they never missed a beat

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

:stare:

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1608955616806010880

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

based on that picture, that announcer is like a police composite sketch of "guy who is going to say something like that"

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Once again, trying to be epic backfires.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/1612247810421800961

and today marks the end of directv's usefulness

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

The end of a pretty drat significant era too.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Red Zone was such a fun game changer

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Mahoning posted:

I don't think anyone at Google has a spine until they have to respond to demands for privacy.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/AustinKarp/status/1612932134456500224

Not exactly shocking, that game was over halfway into the 2nd quarter

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The ESPNU is actually a relatively good rating considering how many fewer households have ESPNU compared to ESPN2. Seems a lot of people that could choose chose that instead of ESPN2. Also probably not great news for the Pat Cast.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Rick posted:

Also probably not great news for the Pat Cast.

oh no, not the putzcast

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

DJExile posted:

https://twitter.com/AustinKarp/status/1612932134456500224

Not exactly shocking, that game was over halfway into the 2nd quarter

Even I bailed out in the third quarter.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Sash! posted:

Even I bailed out in the third quarter.
I mean....unless you were a hardcore UGA fan there really wasn't much of a point in watching that game past halftime.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Crazy Ted posted:

I mean....unless you were a hardcore UGA fan there really wasn't much of a point in watching that game past halftime.

Even as a Georgia fan, what's the point? Just turn back on around the time the game is supposed to end to watch the celebrations and stuff. The only things that can happen in the second half are an all-time collapse or an injury.

Unless you're a friend or relative of like a 6th stringer that might actually make the field and get to do something for once, do you get anything more from watching your team win by 60 instead of 30?

pseudodragon fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Jan 11, 2023

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

pseudodragon posted:

Unless you're a friend or relative of like a 6th stringer that might actually make the field and get to do something for once, do you get anything more from watching your team win by 60 instead of 30?

You're at a bar that gives away shots after touchdowns.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

pseudodragon posted:

Even as a Georgia fan, what's the point? Just turn back on around the time the game is supposed to end to watch the celebrations and stuff. The only things that can happen in the second half are an all-time collapse or an injury.

If my team was in the process of winning a championship, I'm watching that thing until the very end, I don't care if they're winning by 1 or 100. Just lets you ride that high a little longer.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

gently caress it’s not going to YouTube? that blowwws. i really loved Red Zone. it’s how I watched most NFL stuff

e: https://www.theverge.com/2022/12/23/23523280/youtube-nfl-redzone-channel-sunday-ticket

ah maybe it’s still here? just not on DirectTV? i hope I don’t have to pay for Sunday Ticket for it.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jan 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Dr_Strangelove posted:

oh no, not the putzcast

Don't blame me I watched the sky cam.