Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I don't know why , but there's absolutely nothing that leftists love more than freaking each other out about the spectre of insidious red-brown conspiracies. We love taking turns passing the flashlight around and putting it under our chins. Submitted for the approval of thr Midnight Society, the Tale of the Strasserite TWP Honkler MAGA Communists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Halloween Jack posted:

I don't know why , but there's absolutely nothing that leftists love more than freaking each other out about the spectre of insidious red-brown conspiracies. We love taking turns passing the flashlight around and putting it under our chins. Submitted for the approval of thr Midnight Society, the Tale of the Strasserite TWP Honkler MAGA Communists.

that's a bit much

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I dunno, it wasn't like, "scary", but if a bunch of nazis are doing the OK sign to signal at each other then it's a nazi sign, right?

obviously hyperventilating dorks don't understand context so they pointed at every ok sign with fear but it still was a pretty easy shorthand when combined with a pepe or whatever

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Famethrowa posted:

I dunno, it wasn't like, "scary", but if a bunch of nazis are doing the OK sign to signal at each other then it's a nazi sign, right?

obviously hyperventilating dorks don't understand context so they pointed at every ok sign with fear but it still was a pretty easy shorthand when combined with a pepe or whatever

What does it actually mean for something to be a “nazi sign”? It was (and is) a universal sign for “ok” that pepes intentionally tricked online libs into freaking out over. There isn’t even a way to describe it except for “the ‘OK’ sign.”

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

It was a meme the alt-right started doing to freak out libs as you say, but they got so fixated on it that it was just a fascist dogwhistle for like a year. Don't you guys remember how every single name in the alt-right had to get a photo of them conspicuously doing it and it on like every other pepe/groyper avatar back around 2017?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I truly do not care if some losers are using it to signal to each other. Symbols can have different meanings in different contexts. Being afraid of secret nazis using the ok symbol is dumb because they're not that good at being secretive lol

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

The Kingfish posted:

What does it actually mean for something to be a “nazi sign”? It was (and is) a universal sign for “ok” that pepes intentionally tricked online libs into freaking out over. There isn’t even a way to describe it except for “the ‘OK’ sign.”

it means a sign that every white supremacist MAGA guy made for about a year to scare libs and say hello to other white supremacists with.

Saagonsa posted:

I truly do not care if some losers are using it to signal to each other. Symbols can have different meanings in different contexts. Being afraid of secret nazis using the ok symbol is dumb because they're not that good at being secretive lol

yep.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Halloween Jack posted:

A lot of it is centrist liberals trying to smear leftists.

jpmeyer
Jan 17, 2012

parody image of che
i still have no idea what the honkler thing even means

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

jpmeyer posted:

i still have no idea what the honkler thing even means

pepe as a clown, honk honkler = HH = heil hitler. try explaining this to someone offline and you'll end up in a straightjacket

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Imagine being the person screaming about how the dirtbag leftists are the REAL enemy for ignoring their Pepe Sylvia board and writing tweet after tweet about the Honkler while there's any number of people just posting "yeah, I'm a Nazi. And?"

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Cael posted:

Imagine being the person screaming about how the dirtbag leftists are the REAL enemy for ignoring their Pepe Sylvia board and writing tweet after tweet about the Honkler while there's any number of people just posting "yeah, I'm a Nazi. And?"

lol 100%. ukrainian tattoos have done more work for me on this front than anything in the last decade

persopolis
Mar 9, 2017
It does make me wonder, what if Hillary had called Trump voters "fag-rear end retards" instead of "deplorables", would they still have picked it up as a nom de guerre?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

persopolis posted:

It does make me wonder, what if Hillary had called Trump voters "fag-rear end retards" instead of "deplorables", would they still have picked it up as a nom de guerre?

The Madison Cawthorn cousin-loving video was an ironic response to Hillary using that term for Republicans.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

persopolis posted:

lol I tried to find the clip but in high school I remember watching raisin in the sun and gasping at the phrase "faggity white shoes"

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
guys fascists drive cars and shake hands and speak english and buy things with credit cards, these are all nazi symbols and intentional dogwhistles and if you cant see that YOU ARENT PAYING ATTENTION

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
this is why reading Derrida and learning about semiotics is useful!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Is Gwen still pretending she the reason they've lost subscribers?

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Hasn't Gwen had this exact same meltdown before?

I don't think this particular meltdown has stopped

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
excited to listen to the new episode

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Chakan posted:

excited to listen to the new episode

don't be!

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
I thought Matt couldn't watch it because he has covid.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

No he can't watch it because he's gay now, infectiously so.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
This was better than that one will be

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Scholtz posted:

No he can't watch it because he's gay now, infectiously so.

Don't know why drinking a dark web gay potion at 3 AM tickles my funny bone so much.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Finally the Chapo review we’ve been waiting for.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Perfection

https://twitter.com/windingdot/status/1608183487466729473?s=46&t=BvotswKKGFV1gKV5duU27A

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

speaking of another chapo fave, rod just found out/confirmed his dad was a KKK member, and is taking the news about how you'd expect

https://twitter.com/stevenmklein/status/1608088812890255360

some pull quotes

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

speaking of another chapo fave, rod just found out/confirmed his dad was a KKK member, and is taking the news about how you'd expect

some pull quotes

:stare:

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

some pull quotes

oh hell yes

also:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
inside Rod's skull there is a howling storm of psychology that looks like a cartoon catfight. If you or I were ever exposed to that maelstrom for a second our minds would be scoured with a wave of withering psychic flame.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Cached Money posted:

oh hell yes

also:

Great av material there

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Between this and his thing about anti-miscegenation laws the other day, Rod's really been on a tear lately. Good time for a reading series check in.

Shartin Mad
Nov 23, 2022

by Hand Knit
So we're just counting down till Rod kills himself right? I don't know if it'll be for 'this world is too sinful and impure I must away' or if all the closeted poo poo is gonna come surging back or if he'll just get the vapors too hard when one of his 15 year old Bulgarian special friends tells him he spent a week in tears because the Smurfs have a nonbinary Smurf or something, but the only way this ends is with the phrase 'found hanging in his hotel room' right?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Shartin Mad posted:

So we're just counting down till Rod kills himself right? I don't know if it'll be for 'this world is too sinful and impure I must away' or if all the closeted poo poo is gonna come surging back or if he'll just get the vapors too hard when one of his 15 year old Bulgarian special friends tells him he spent a week in tears because the Smurfs have a nonbinary Smurf or something, but the only way this ends is with the phrase 'found hanging in his hotel room' right?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

How have I never heard of a TV show starring Sly Stallone.

edit: drat the hot lady from I'm Sorry is on it I might have to watch.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Shartin Mad posted:

He's not killing himself that's sinful

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Maybe theres some sort of Orthodox loophole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I borderline think Rod has to have a humiliation fetish or something. He could easily just write culture war poo poo without constantly going into embarrassing confessional mode about primitive root weiners or being one of the most divorced former Americans of all time, and he has to be aware of the reading series by now, so what drives him to do this? And why do people who don't hate him read and enjoy it?