Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Captain Hygiene posted:

Maybe decades from now, people will look at my "try putting them on pizza" leftovers suggestions with equal disdain

I mean, I wouldn't because I'm not a huge pizza fan but like, that's not a particularly weird way to eat anything. Many things can already be put on pizza and eaten perfectly well. But very few things are improved by setting them in jelly.

"Put things on bread and toast them with cheese" is normal. "Imprison them in refined collagen" is not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/ZFavK6R.mp4

Offler
Mar 27, 2010

A variant of banana candle salad? Emmymade has, of course, tried this as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xIgFYVWKhU&t=1s

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

so tender and mild

...Because I'm sure not seeing any cayenne in those deviled eggs.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Captain Hygiene posted:

Maybe decades from now, people will look at my "try putting them on pizza" leftovers suggestions with equal disdain

Or they'll recognize you as a midnight gourmand.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

I'm trying to figure out what I'm looking at, candied yams over rice?

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I’m going to guess orange chicken

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

General Tso?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

TontoCorazon posted:

General Tso?

General FaTso

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

General FaTso

Nice

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

lol when he tries to close the lid and it just blorps out

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Shooting Blanks posted:

I'm trying to figure out what I'm looking at, candied yams over rice?

Some kinda chinese chicken I guess.

I would try to eat it, i would fail, but I would try.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

Some kinda chinese chicken I guess.

I would try to eat it, i would fail, but I would try.

Its okay to have leftovers

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Yeah, get home, toss a tenth of it into a bowl, put the rest in a larger or more containers in the fridge, have a filling meal, fry up lunch and dinner for a couple days, go into diabetic shock, it's great

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

NinjaDebugger posted:

edit: It's been added to my order, trip report will probably be tomorrow morning after breakfast.

Tried the cool range jalapeno flavor this morning with my eggs & potats. Was dubious based on an initial taste before mixing it in. In quantity, it tastes like nothing so much as fritos jalapeno cheddar with a packet of ranch mix added. Once it was mixed into the big pile of potatoes and scrambled eggs, it was a nice mild creamy flavor, very white people spicy. I'll probably add some hot sauce for using up the rest of it, but it's perfectly serviceable and inoffensive, and will make a nice change of pace.

I'll crack open the spicy nacho cheese flavor tomorrow morning.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Pookah posted:

Its so bizarre. In my family, like most families, the main pleasure of Christmas Dinner is not the meal itself, but the great sandwiches you get to make with leftovers for the next few days.
Yeah, our family usually has either turkey or honey ham for Christmas (or both if there's a large crowd!) and the leftover sandwiches are the best part of that night/the next day. Grab a Hawaiian roll, slap some ham slices in there, dash of mustard, and go to town.

Dareon posted:

so tender and mild

...Because I'm sure not seeing any cayenne in those deviled eggs.
Angeled eggs.

....actually wait, that's unfair to angels

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

So you probably remember this thing that did the rounds a few times. It's very striking.

Well, a youtuber has boldly done the research into the product to determine whether it was real or a hoax.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AT_Dixb57jU

Short answer, it's a hoax.

Long answer: There was never a product intended to be sold (although they were hoping to bait people into buying gaming chairs) or a a food intended for human consumption. There was a one day photography session where they constructed the pictures of the contents of the can out of (theoretically edible) real food and gelatin, and one of the crew nibbled on it a bit, but they didn't actually do the canning process, so there was nothing fit for human consumption when talkshows reached out to them.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I wanted to believe :negative:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
same, thanks for ruining my good and positive fantasies.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
I don’t understand “scrambled egg and bacon” as part of Christmas dinner.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

https://v.redd.it/lhcofm920f8a1/DASH_720.mp4

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

SlothfulCobra posted:

So you probably remember this thing that did the rounds a few times. It's very striking.

Well, a youtuber has boldly done the research into the product to determine whether it was real or a hoax.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AT_Dixb57jU

Short answer, it's a hoax.

Long answer: There was never a product intended to be sold (although they were hoping to bait people into buying gaming chairs) or a a food intended for human consumption. There was a one day photography session where they constructed the pictures of the contents of the can out of (theoretically edible) real food and gelatin, and one of the crew nibbled on it a bit, but they didn't actually do the canning process, so there was nothing fit for human consumption when talkshows reached out to them.

Of course it's a fake, no one's gonna believe it if you don't put a maker's logo on it. Even a generic would be better than "Hey, let's leave the placeholder text on until we can find a proper maker's mark oops we accidentally the entire photoshoot"

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The company's name is "GAME".

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
"oops we accidentally left the placeholder text on throughout the entire business" get outta here

e: I believe you, it's just stupid.

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST
ALLERGEN WARNING may contain nuts :dumbrim:

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

I've said it before ITT, but I loving love incredibly degenerate garbage haute cuisine that actively insults the diners.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Kenning posted:

I've said it before ITT, but I loving love incredibly degenerate garbage haute cuisine that actively insults the diners.

i bet the chef's having a lot of fun with it. seeing just how far they can push it, seeing what horrors people will happily subject themselves to.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/DOo9E7j.mp4

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Kenning posted:

That’s Chef Guga, a cooking YouTuber. I haven’t seen the video so I don’t know what the whole story is.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Genuinely not sure whether that's intended for human consumption.

If it is, would. If not, would disgustedly set down my toy with a large bite mark in it.

RoeCocoa
Oct 23, 2010

To me, the fact that the bun separates cleanly implies that the thing is not edible digestible safe , but I want to be wrong.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Dareon posted:

Genuinely not sure whether that's intended for human consumption.

If it is, would. If not, would disgustedly set down my toy with a large bite mark in it.

This just reminded me of a memory from when I was about 5 years old. I had some kind of candy egg that had a little rubbery dinosaur inside it. I thought it was a gummy candy so I bit some of it off and ate it, even though it was really tough and it had the weirdest flavor that makes me feel sick even more when I remember it. To this day I'm not sure whether it was a terrible gummy candy or if I managed to eat part of a toy as a dumb little kid.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Pretty sure that's all just fancy agar. Wouldn't personally eat it but it's just fancy Jello Jigglers.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kenning posted:

Always reminds me of the bit in Naked Lunch about the restaurant that ever so slowly decreased the quality of the food until the clientele were eating literal garbage and proclaiming it the best thing ever.

Offler
Mar 27, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLgEO0E0ncY

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

1.2 million dollars to get a tiny piece of salt encrusted fish

im in the wrong job

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That is $1250 dollars, the last two are cents.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

OwlFancier posted:

That is $1250 dollars, the last two are cents.

drat these eyes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

KHLAV KALASHNIKOV posted:

That’s Chef Guga, a cooking YouTuber. I haven’t seen the video so I don’t know what the whole story is.
They went to an incredibly expensive restaurant and got served, well, that.

They were not impressed.