Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

quote:

The U.S. government is considering imposing new Covid rules for travelers from China, officials said, citing concerns over virus-related data released by the Chinese government.

“There are mounting concerns in the international community on the ongoing COVID-19 surges in China and the lack of transparent data, including viral genomic sequence data, being reported from the PRC,” officials said in a statement late Tuesday.

“Without this data, it is becoming increasingly difficult for public health officials to ensure that they will be able to identify any potential new variants and take prompt measures to reduce the spread,” the officials said.

thank you president biden for protecting the american people from covid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
We are looping back to March 2020. Maybe it's time to short the stock market.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

Finally.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

:discourse:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Americans should be getting AMERICAN COVID, not that off-shored crap

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

lol irl

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Nepal-China ties get a ‘happy’ boost with new leftist PM, but India and US wary

quote:

The rise of a veteran Maoist leader to become Nepal’s new prime minister is likely to inject “more momentum” into the country’s China ties while also checking American influence in the region, analysts said, after communist parties came together on Sunday to oust the previous US-aligned government.

Pushpa Kamal Dahal, more popularly known as Prachanda – meaning fearless – ditched his alliance partner the Nepali Congress (NC) to install a communist-led government in Kathmandu with rival KP Sharma Oli’s Communist Party of Nepal (Unified Marxist Leninist).

New government in Nepal.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Some Guy TT posted:

interesting that none of the articles sourced here are willing to repeat whatever it was that he said that caused him to lose a court case for slander and endure travel restrictions something which seems kind of relevant to the question of whether he was unjustly punished given that we also have slander laws and travel restrictions after conviction in the united states

I mean, the Wikipedia article says "Xu was sued in 2019 for calling tai chi Grandmaster Chen Xiaowang a fraud." Chen won some gold medals forty years ago, and now runs training classes where he claims to have magical powers.

From what I can tell, Xu Xiaodong uses military Kung Fu to beat up mall dojo types. His other politics aside, taunting martial art frauds until they fight him seems like a noble endeavor.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Sounds like Chen should have just been advertising supplements like a good capitalist.

Eminent DNS
May 28, 2007

Chamale posted:

I mean, the Wikipedia article says "Xu was sued in 2019 for calling tai chi Grandmaster Chen Xiaowang a fraud." Chen won some gold medals forty years ago, and now runs training classes where he claims to have magical powers.

From what I can tell, Xu Xiaodong uses military Kung Fu to beat up mall dojo types. His other politics aside, taunting martial art frauds until they fight him seems like a noble endeavor.

Goddammit do not let the chuds hear that this was due to a kung fu slander case, we'll never hear the end of it

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Chamale posted:

yeah thats the part that seems suspicious to me the dudes whole gimmick is calling kung fu masters frauds and beating them up but as far as i can tell this is the only time anyones ever tried to sue him which implies to me that he crossed some specific line in this case that rose to the level of legal action which was unusual for him

to use a whataboutist example the fact that amber heard was convicted of defaming johnny depp doesnt mean that the official position of the american government is that noones allowed to say mean things about national treasure johnny depp you need to actually get into the specific charges and evidence to understand how and why that decision was reached

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Truga posted:

hot take: her only tolerable song an u2 cover lmfao

Simple And Clean was a U2 cover?!?!?

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
That's embarrassing

https://twitter.com/AmichaiStein1/status/1607291737151766529?s=20
https://twitter.com/memreozturk/status/1607674292338294785?s=20

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

lol

Facehammer
Mar 11, 2008

I'm Gimpo

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Been some big laughs from them recently. Like this one a few months ago.
https://twitter.com/koryodynasty/st...Ctwcon%5Es1_c10

I live in Gimpo surrounded by bases all over the hills so I am definitely far more worried about the South blowing me up than anything the North would do.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

no, no, that's the south korean air force

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-64008633.amp

When your anti-China propaganda is not very well timed.

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

Hedenius posted:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-64008633.amp

When your anti-China propaganda is not very well timed.

https://twitter.com/CarlZha/status/1607903442005262336?s=20

https://twitter.com/CarlZha/status/1607947717736816641?s=20

quote:

The United States is too miserable 🔥 , unemployed, and can only eat pickles and peppers 🌶️ . Don't come here if you haven't got a profit yet, California is too complicated, and if this continues, you won't be able to pay the rent.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lol, lmao

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

Not sure if this is suspicious or funny or what

12/5
https://twitter.com/lhao6293/status/1599750022727634945?s=20

quote:

The prices in the beautiful country are really low, and one day of work can be enough for the whole family to eat for a week

12/21
https://twitter.com/lhao6293/status/1605718431981924352?s=20

quote:

The window glass was smashed, the car was stolen, everyone should be careful at the end of the year

12/22
https://twitter.com/lhao6293/status/1606021682619068416?s=20

quote:

It is too expensive to repair a car in the United States. Seal it with scotch tape and make do with it. After all, it is not easy to make money. I don’t blame the system or the government. I can only say that the United States is too free.

12/23
https://twitter.com/lhao6293/status/1606311349859991554?s=20

quote:

The house leak happened to rain overnight, which made me even worse when I was not rich. I'm speechless, let's have a collective orgasm, little pinks.

And as of yesterday he was unemployed eating pickles and complaining about the cost of living. Excited to see where this goes next but also suspicious it could be a troll because lmao

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
it might not be real, but it's definitely true

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Cerebral Bore posted:

it might not be real, but it's definitely true

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

let's have a collective orgasm, little pinks.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

China adopted the same COVID strategy as the rest of the planet so now the Rule Based World Order is treating them as a plague pit

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Atrocious Joe posted:

China adopted the same COVID strategy as the rest of the planet so now the Rule Based World Order is treating them as a plague pit

South Africa 2021.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Atrocious Joe posted:

yes, but as opposed to us, they haven't paid the blood toll yet

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

they shouldn't of Let Er Rip imo but the latest wave of anti-Chinese op-eds and weirdly ineffective sinophobic regulations still would of happened if they didn’t, they'd just be slightly different in presentation

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

DiscountDildos posted:

let's have a collective orgasm, little pinks

new thread title

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

indigi posted:

they shouldn't of Let Er Rip imo but the latest wave of anti-Chinese op-eds and weirdly ineffective sinophobic regulations still would of happened if they didn’t, they'd just be slightly different in presentation

should not have*, or shouldn't have

would have*, or would've

Seatbelts
Mar 29, 2010

What the gently caress is with this map?
Who made this?

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

prachanda path stays winning

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

should not have*, or shouldn't have

would have*, or would've

ok prescriptivist

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Chamale posted:

Oh yeah Super Eyepatch Wolf did a video on him a few years back now. He couched it in that he was being punished for going against a nationalist trend of tradtional Chinese Martial arts were superior to stuff like MMA.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

indigi posted:

they should’ve waited till they had high vaccination rates, even higher than America

they should have waited till it was demonstrated they have a domestic vaccine as effective as the foreign vaccines they weren’t able to acquire

they should’ve waited till they massively expanded their number of ICU beds to deal with surges

oh wait they did all that? okay correction all those things are bad they shouldn’t have waited on them

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I heard a commentator predicted that once GOP takes the congress, they will restart the Covid origin investigation.

That's why Blinken mentioned Covid to Wang Yi in their phone call. To one up the Republicans.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

eSports Chaebol posted:

they should’ve waited till they had high vaccination rates, even higher than America

they should have waited till it was demonstrated they have a domestic vaccine as effective as the foreign vaccines they weren’t able to acquire

they should’ve waited till they massively expanded their number of ICU beds to deal with surges

oh wait they did all that? okay correction all those things are bad they shouldn’t have waited on them

schrodinger's authoritarianism

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

KomradeX posted:

Oh yeah Super Eyepatch Wolf did a video on him a few years back now. He couched it in that he was being punished for going against a nationalist trend of tradtional Chinese Martial arts were superior to stuff like MMA.

everybody keeps saying that but as far as i can tell the only people who are pushing back against him are people who actually do traditional chinese martial arts i dont really get how nationalism goes into this unless youre taking the position that traditional chinese martial arts are inherently nationalist which isnt something we generally say about martial arts in any other country

like if some dude was running around japan calling sumo wrestlers fat pussies and beating them up that would probably make people mad too but we wouldnt say that he was being persecuted by japanese nationalists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Some Guy TT posted:

everybody keeps saying that but as far as i can tell the only people who are pushing back against him are people who actually do traditional chinese martial arts i dont really get how nationalism goes into this unless youre taking the position that traditional chinese martial arts are inherently nationalist which isnt something we generally say about martial arts in any other country

like if some dude was running around japan calling sumo wrestlers fat pussies and beating them up that would probably make people mad too but we wouldnt say that he was being persecuted by japanese nationalists

Chinese are ultra nationalist fascists if they don't consume Nike and McDonald's. This is literally the explanation my previous company came up with got why their products were failing in the Chinese markets that they had gone all in on.