Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Rahu posted:

A couple weeks ago a streamer already leaked that there will be a twitch event with drops starting on the 29th. No way they would do that pre-wipe so it is gonna happen 29th at the absolute latest unless something has gone wrong and caused a delay.

Unless that streamer was a BSG employee, I don't believe *anything* that *anyone* on Twitch says until it happens, or until official BSG accounts tweet it out.

Remember, we're talking about Nikita who will get absolutely shithoused drunk, start posting, and change poo poo on a whim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Wipe just announced. Servers going down at 130am eastern for at least 6 hours

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

God I cannot fuckin wait for an urban Tarkov map. Streets is gonna be so fun.

The Clap
Sep 21, 2006

currently training to kill God

hello internet posted:

Wipe just announced. Servers going down at 130am eastern for at least 6 hours

Patch notes just dropped as well: https://forum.escapefromtarkov.com/topic/169593-patch-notes-for-01300/

Lots of really interesting stuff in here. Sound overhaul (steam audio gone, replaced with new system), armor and weapon enhancements from repair kits, quest changes, shooting range upgrades, you can make a list of “favorite” crafts, and a very vague “rebalanced trading and prices” among other things.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

The Clap posted:

Patch notes just dropped as well: https://forum.escapefromtarkov.com/topic/169593-patch-notes-for-01300/

Lots of really interesting stuff in here. Sound overhaul (steam audio gone, replaced with new system), armor and weapon enhancements from repair kits, quest changes, shooting range upgrades, you can make a list of “favorite” crafts, and a very vague “rebalanced trading and prices” among other things.

OBDOLBOS 2. Clearly the most important bit. :colbert:

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

FSR2.1 is in, nice. Won't help with the CPU load but still nice.
New sound system is only active on Factory, Customs, Woods, and Streets. The other maps will follow at a later date it seems.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

The Clap posted:

Lmao Trimadol is just loving Tramal, the opiate of choice for college students across Europe (and especially Russia). I don't like some of the quest changes tho, especially the one that says you'll have to wait until the next quest in a line is avaliable? What the gently caress, like the game needed slower quest progression.
Okay, skipped last one, time to bite the bullet and get into this wipe.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Kikas posted:

What the gently caress, like the game needed slower quest progression.
Considering the amount of poopsockers that get Kappa after a week, then complain about lack of things to do? Yes, slower quest progression is a good thing.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
oh nice, guess I'm getting back in to check out the new map

my preferred playstyle involves sitting in a bush watching youtube until someone ambushable makes a sound, so this'll be a change of pace-- unless streets comes with a conveniently placed park???

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
Maintenance extended for two hours, this wait is killing me

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

quote:

Fixed an issue where already looted containers were left open to other players;

this is huge if it means what it sounds like

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
I bought this yesterday after falling in love with CODs DMZ thing (I don't normally play online games at all) and wanting something with a little more depth.

Got my arse handed to me all day by the AI and I'm by no means a good FPS player. This is going to be quite an experience I imagine.

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
Gotta say, the new audio system is really good. I know we've all been complaining about tarkov's wonky audio system for years so I'm extremely pleased with this

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

giZm posted:

Speaking of issues, are player names reserved after wipe? Like does the owner of a name get 24h or whatever to grab their name again, or is it a mad dash free for all?
Not a fan of the deleted friends list, but doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, I have this ingame nick on lockdown again :drat:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

South
Apr 9, 2001

I am the highest paid lifeguard in the world. Love me.
Servers seem to be making GBS threads themselves now.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
Yup, kicked out and I can't relaunch. Unsurprising for wipe day, hope they fix it

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer

Hooplah posted:

Woah, i thought that was part of some secret technique I didn't understand to make a little less sound by not closing containers.

Now I'm always going to waste time re-looting stuff that has already been picked over :negative:

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Hooplah posted:

I personally loved walking up and seeing the container already open if it's been hit. Made loot runs a little quicker

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Streets is incredible

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Zipperelli. posted:

I personally loved walking up and seeing the container already open if it's been hit. Made loot runs a little quicker
Also let you know when you had a vacuum hacker on the map.

No PS or M855 at L1 traders is just needlessly cruel. It was already bad enough playing against people who had access to M80 or M855A1 when you didn’t.

Matt141
May 3, 2012

I have been hearing about this game for a while and decided to buy it and give it a try, the inventory and trader system is quite a lot to take in so I decided to just try and jump straight in for a few games with the gear it starts you out with but uh, is it normal that it takes 10+ mins to find a game or is this just patch day server problems? Because god drat while I don't mind brutal games where you can die easily, the amount of time it takes to actually get into a map is ridiculous right now.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
I only started playing last wipe but my experience was usually ~3 minute solo queues. I think all the servers are just on fire today.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Matt141 posted:

I have been hearing about this game for a while and decided to buy it and give it a try, the inventory and trader system is quite a lot to take in so I decided to just try and jump straight in for a few games with the gear it starts you out with but uh, is it normal that it takes 10+ mins to find a game or is this just patch day server problems? Because god drat while I don't mind brutal games where you can die easily, the amount of time it takes to actually get into a map is ridiculous right now.

Every major patch burns the servers to the ground for anywhere from a day to a week. Outside of that and the end of a wipe, games are typically extremely quick.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Zipperelli. posted:

Unless that streamer was a BSG employee, I don't believe *anything* that *anyone* on Twitch says until it happens, or until official BSG accounts tweet it out.
https://twitter.com/tarkov/status/1608208127320592385

quote:

The upcoming holidays are always a special time for our big community, our huge family. The Twitch Drops Event, which has become a good tradition, brings together players from all countries and continents, and none of our players are left without a gift.
We thank everyone for your support, love and faith in the project, together we make a dream game!

This time, the New Year's events will be held from December 29, 2022 16:00 MSK to January 7, 2023 16:00 MSK. (Events will end on January 8 at 16:00 MSK).

kru
Oct 5, 2003

I still remember being in game when the first unannounced airdrop flew over, the absolute joy and chaos. What a time to be alive.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Shumagorath posted:

Also let you know when you had a vacuum hacker on the map.

No PS or M855 at L1 traders is just needlessly cruel. It was already bad enough playing against people who had access to M80 or M855A1 when you didn’t.

It's almost like they've made a large number of design decisions that heavily incentivize players who successfully extract from more raids

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

How many players on are on Streets in one game? Is it actually greater than 16 now?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Cage Kicker posted:

It's almost like they've made a large number of design decisions that heavily incentivize players who successfully extract from more raids
My survival ratio is just fine, but I also play at most two hours a night. One 3v3 fight can burn through more good ammo than I’ll loot in several raids.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Shumagorath posted:

My survival ratio is just fine, but I also play at most two hours a night. One 3v3 fight can burn through more good ammo than I’ll loot in several raids.

Notice I said "more raids" and not "a high percentage of the raids you run."

mysteryberto
Apr 25, 2006
IIAM
The updater is running so slow right now to download 4.4GB of data. It’ll start at a few MB per second and then crawl to a 100kb per second. If you pause the download and resume it’ll speed it back up… for maybe 30 seconds. Do this one hundred times and you might even get to play tarkov tonight!

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Had to turn off binaural audio for now, it made woods unplayable. Weird echos, sound stutters, distortion, and static. After I extracted I realized the problem was there from the start of the raid, it just kept getting worse and worse and for the first half of the raid I heard people that weren't there (which was probably my own echo). Also bushes on woods make no rustling noise whatsoever when you move through them, unclear if it's still audible for other players of if bushes are totally silent.

aWall
Jan 28, 2003

Football Jesus
finally got patch downloaded, died appropriately in first raid.

Seems like something changed with interchanges 'optimization' - get horrible stutters on that map now. Looks like all client settings are same as pre-wipe and other maps seem ok (limited sample size).

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

I like that the game is so CPU heavy, you can play at 4K and still be bottlenecked by the CPU.

New audio is pretty great though, can't complain there. I'm missing searching sounds though. Jackets, file cabinets, they're all silent.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

aWall posted:

finally got patch downloaded, died appropriately in first raid.

Seems like something changed with interchanges 'optimization' - get horrible stutters on that map now. Looks like all client settings are same as pre-wipe and other maps seem ok (limited sample size).

I was getting awful stuttering on random maps and unchecking binaural audio fixed it for me. Might be worth a shot.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Casual reminder to go to https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/profile and accept your gift stuff.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Not enough ammo to fill all the mags.

aWall
Jan 28, 2003

Football Jesus

Mischievous Mink posted:

I was getting awful stuttering on random maps and unchecking binaural audio fixed it for me. Might be worth a shot.

I had read that too, but it was already disabled. On a whim, I enabled it, restarted tarkov, then disabled it, restarted tarkov, and things seem to be better... sigh.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
For the Marauders-playing goons, do we have a discord place that we congregate at? I picked it up last night and it's clicking for me in a way that other extraction games haven't. The tarkov discord seems extremely specific to that game so I didn't want to just bomb in there and make a fool of myself.

Edit: do we even have enough marauders players floating around to warrant its own thread?

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Dec 29, 2022

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Yet again I think my favorite solo activity is gifting people poo poo like paracord out on woods.

Something is broken in my brain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

To be a marauder you need to have loot score over kill score