Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

naem
May 29, 2011

you can put little pieces of wood in the propane smoker to make it smokier even

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.
I really hope the reboot has an episode where a hipster smokehouse moves into Arlen and the gang rallies to save Sugarfoots.

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Computer lab day! Time to spend 45 minutes trying to load pokemon.com!

Star Man posted:

I probably couldn't tell you the difference between meat cooked with charcoal and meat cooked with propane

Here, I'll provide a guide.

If you taste the meat, and not the heat: sweet lady propane.
If you taste the heat, and not the meat: dirty, smoky, not clean burning charcoal.
If it just tastes wrong: the bastard gas butane.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
The propane maniacs!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

naem posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OElebR8iWAc

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

naem posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIULt0ldRIE

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Fishstick posted:

I get jokes, I laugh at tony Danza

I laugh at tony Danza I laugh at tony Danza I laugh at tony Danza I laugh at tony Danza

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

FUN CENTER FUN CENTER fun center FUN CENTER Fun Center Fun Center fun center FUN CENTERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Theres soot under my boys nails

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Dusty old bones. Full of green dust.

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AUFghJdQsks

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.

Mirage posted:

Propane smokers exist (source: I have one). The food comes out exactly the same as from a wood-burning one. Easier to hold a steady temperature, too.

God bless cheap, clean-burning propane.

I own an electric pellet smoker. I repeat, electric. Temperature control is precise. I’m not sure what Hank would think of it, but I imagine he’d poo poo himself until he actually tried it. Vastly superior to either propane or charcoal.

Edit: I live in Texas.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

He’d call it a novelty smoker.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

Detective No. 27 posted:

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.
If you brought an electric smoker to his BBQ, Hank would ask you politely but firmly to leave.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Detective No. 27 posted:

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

foreman sounds like a samurai in a kurosawa movie when he repeats it back to him

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I just put on a random episode (4.11, "Old Glory") and right off the bat, great exchange....

Peggy: Tough day, Bobby?
Bobby: Well, we had this new substitute, and...
Peggy: What's her name?
Bobby: Mrs. Donovan.
Peggy: Donovan? She has been out of the game for 3 years, getting her... masters degree, or something. Why would they pick HER instead of ME?
Bobby: Maybe it's alphabetical?
Peggy: No. That was struck down in Zagarello vs State of Texas.

This show continues to amaze me, and I've been watching it, though usually reruns, since it aired. I'm kind of glad that I haven't yet seen all of the episodes, but tha day gets closer and closer.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

It really is crazy how well written the show was

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I can never get over how utterly stupid Peggy is. She wants to teach, but somehow doesn't understand that she needs a bachelors degree and licensure.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Peggy goes to cc so she can teach full time in the revival

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Peggy is a late in life college student, Bobby is a TA or something, the clown guy is there, coming this summer Arlen Community College.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Star Man posted:

I can never get over how utterly stupid Peggy is. She wants to teach, but somehow doesn't understand that she needs a bachelors degree and licensure.

Hank, I'm going to do for you what, at the beginning of my career, I did for me: create a unified theory of education.

Now, teaching can be divided into seven spectras: the salutatory, the attendatory, pedagoguery... wait, how did it go? Let's see, "Sir Arnold Prefers Dining..." D. Disciplinaria...

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
She's so fuckin funny

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

SilvergunSuperman posted:

It really is crazy how well written the show was

I was watching Mutual of Omabwah and there's a great throwaway of Luanne doing a Fat Albert impression to cheer up Peggy at the truck stop and Peggy just completely dismissing her right before they start trying to smash the vending machines. I cackled.

naem
May 29, 2011

Star Man posted:

they really captured that dutiful, nose to the grindstone, do the right thing, mildly ignorant (naive is a better word) life and experience of the social group the Hills belong to

and they do it in a way that pokes gentle fun of the characters without the characters themselves feeling bad about it, while celebrating them at the same time. It’s very inclusive

Peggy wants to go to college and hasn’t had the opportunity yet which is the reality for a LOT of people

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

naem posted:

Peggy wants to go to college and hasn’t had the opportunity yet which is the reality for a LOT of people

There's no way I'm going back to college. I'm a teacher. I'm done learning!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

naem posted:

It’s very inclusive

i heard years ago that koth was the last major animated that was popular among both conservatives and liberals and I have no idea how valid it was but it sounded plausible so ive been repeating it for years now

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

She's so fuckin funny

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

this is like my 15th rewatch of the show and peggy is my fav character this time around

extremely slow burn

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Look at the eyes

Shartin Mad
Nov 23, 2022

by Hand Knit

GolfHole posted:

this is like my 15th rewatch of the show and peggy is my fav character this time around

extremely slow burn

my pet theory is everyone hates Peggy when they first watch because we were probably fairly young when we did, then we started working with and being around actual Peggy 'knowledgeable about one thing and profoundly ignorant yet also arrogant about everything else' types and realized how hilarious the character is in its accuracy.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
"Remember what I told the doctor "

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

She knows Boggle that's it. We know she's good she was at a championship. We know she can't speak Spanish, she basically kidnapped some kids then got out of it by trying to defend herself with fake Spanish until they shrugged.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Zero One posted:

"Remember what I told the doctor "

"Mm-hmm. Mm-hmm. I see where I'm going with this."

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

The episode where she scams Jeff Goldblum to get the money back that he grifted selling the Texas Genius Directory was uncharacteristically competent of Peggy.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

Another Bill posted:

The episode where she scams Jeff Goldblum to get the money back that he grifted selling the Texas Genius Directory was uncharacteristically competent of Peggy.

I’ll bet it was Boomhauers idea

Vord
Oct 27, 2007

namlosh posted:

And the backup plan to steal Jeff Goldblums car was probably Peggy's idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

namlosh posted:

... that she took credit for in front of everybody including Boomhauer when she explains the scheme.

Yeah, that tracks.