Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

It was originally an upcharge attraction where they would insert your footage into movie scenes (back in 1990 when that was unique).

Gawd. Around 1991 the richest kid in school went to Florida and upon return showed the entire class that videotape of them inserted into movies.

If you knew what this person's future career was you wouldn't be surprised.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Dec 28, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog

Craptacular! posted:

Gawd. Around 1991 the richest kid in school went to Florida and upon return showed the entire class that videotape of them inserted into movies.

Wow, I just remembered at similar thing at Great America in Northern Cali. I think it was there, was it owned by Paramount at one time? It was Star Trek based, you were chosen before the show, given roles, and then it was like a live-action TV show in front of an audience. My role was a red shirt, I got strangled by another crew member. It was amazing!

EDIT: Found it, apparently it was at Universal Studios Hollywood!
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Star_Trek_Adventure

VorpalBunny fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Dec 28, 2022

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Hey Disney, how are things going at your parks?

quote:

Disneyland and Disney World have added “courtesy” sections to their websites apparently in response to an increase in fights at the theme parks.

The section was added to Disneyland’s “Top Things You Should Know” area.

“We ask all who come to this happy place to treat others with respect, kindness and compassion. To help Guests have a safe and enjoyable experience, we regularly update our Disneyland Resort rules,” it reads.

The section then links to the park’s rules, which includes information about what is and isn’t allowed inside.

The preexisting page also details the park’s courtesy policy:

“Please show common courtesy to fellow Guests and our Cast Members by not using profanity or engaging in unsafe, illegal, disruptive or offensive behavior, jumping lines or saving places in lines for others,” the section reads.

The added notice is in response to an increase in fights at Disney theme parks, the Orange County Register reported.

Disney World added the section in mid-December, while Disneyland added it around the holiday season.

The wording on the Disney World website is slightly more detailed:

“Be the magic you want to see in the world. You must always remember to treat others with respect, kindness and compassion. Those who can’t live up to this simple wish may be asked to leave Walt Disney World Resort,” it reads.

There have been recent physical altercations and screaming matches at the Florida theme parks, and a fight broke out during the “Fantasmic” show at Disneyland in May, according to the Register.

Additionally, reports from Anaheim police indicate visitors have been removed from Disneyland or issued citations for violent encounters, the newspaper reported.

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/disneyland-adds-courtesy-section-to-website/

Yeah...

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
lol disney has become walmart

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Coasterphreak posted:

lol disney has become walmart

wait until it becomes Waffle House

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

Craptacular! posted:

What does he do now?

My cousin did that in Florida where he was captain of the Starship Enterprise and got to act out some stuff from the show. He's now the current mayor of a small Alabama town.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Doronin posted:

What does he do now?

Last I looked, a federal government job where he spent a lot of time amid very important people in the executive branch.

I always expected he would be running for Preident by the time we're in our 60s, though it's probably more likely he's running another candidate's campaign.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

ElwoodCuse posted:

that would require them to install somewhere to sit

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
Anyone going to be in Hollywood studios in the next few days willing to buy and ship to me the Muppet Christmas Carol 30th anniversary pin?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Well I didn't get covid but I have a hellish apple sized swelling at the back of my neck from an injury down there :(

I thought the Xmas Carol pin was going on the store site. No?

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Well I didn't get covid but I have a hellish apple sized swelling at the back of my neck from an injury down there :(

I thought the Xmas Carol pin was going on the store site. No?

Is it? No idea. If so, then I’ll just wait for that.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

ElwoodCuse posted:

Don't threaten me with a good time.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
So any popular theories on what's going to happen to rock n roller coaater

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

worms butthole guy posted:

So any popular theories on what's going to happen to rock n roller coaater

Did something specific happen to it? Aren't there always rumors of a re-theme?

edit: OH. I totally forgot about the poo poo that hit the news regarding Steven Tyler. I imagine the lawyers would have to go over the agreements first. Any re-theme would take a while. I hate to say this because gently caress Steven Tyler, but sometimes this poo poo gets forgotten and in a week no one will care. As far as the bean counters at Disney go, a re-theme might not be worth any potential PR headaches this whole thing will cause them.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Dec 31, 2022

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I just want them to make it a generic rock and roll coaster because there has never been a more fitting place to put the intro to Welcome to the Jungle than the countdown/launch part

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

So I'm hospitalized, was a day away from death, have staph and mrsa attacking me, and am in the icu. If you're at the parks, I'd say be real careful with anything you touch.

And the almost died is from the doctors. Im about to go do surgery 2 in a minute. So be careful dizgoons

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I managed to get what's possibly hepatitis-a from just going to a hot pot place or eating a salad or something. I showed up to the doctor yesterday looking like a bottle of mustard.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

So I'm hospitalized, was a day away from death, have staph and mrsa attacking me, and am in the icu. If you're at the parks, I'd say be real careful with anything you touch.

And the almost died is from the doctors. Im about to go do surgery 2 in a minute. So be careful dizgoons

Get better :(

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Lordy please get better

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

chitoryu12 posted:

I managed to get what's possibly hepatitis-a from just going to a hot pot place or eating a salad or something. I showed up to the doctor yesterday looking like a bottle of mustard.

Yes, it is a foodborne illness that comes from coming into contact with contaminated bodily effluent and is one of the Big Six in health code

Get better, Fluffy Bunnies, is your dog okay?

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Oh poo poo please get better

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Get better soon, FB!

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I thought everybody already knew about how Tyler paid a family to become the guardian of their underage daughter so he could taker her on tour and continuously rape her? And like with Michael Jackson's scandals everybody decided not to care or something?

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Fluffy, please recover well.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

chitoryu12 posted:

Hi5 dying bro

Doggo is ok! He's at home and being the best boy as always. I'll do my best to be back to bad opinions soon. Here's one: Guardians coaster makes me sad and giant building feels out of place a bit :(

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
It's the last day of 2022, you haven't used up your allowance for bad takes for the year just yet since you haven't been at the parks.

Godspeed on recovery.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

That building actually has a bit of history. It was originally an upcharge attraction where they would insert your footage into movie scenes (back in 1990 when that was unique).

Commander Sinclair’s previous job was with Starfleet. https://youtu.be/27MXcQrZc1Y

Meanwhile, the giant Ferris wheel in Orlando seems to be either sick or celebrating Kevin Nash winning the world title:

https://twitter.com/mkerrigan7/status/1609352027888390146?s=20&t=OMms0xORr9qx5E_Frs5JDw

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
just close Icon park already, jesus

swift recovery to you as well bunnies, I don't know if you got the same thing I did but this respiratory infection bronchitis thing going around is almost as bad as covid was for me.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler

Luigi Thirty posted:

Commander Sinclair’s previous job was with Starfleet. https://youtu.be/27MXcQrZc1Y

Meanwhile, the giant Ferris wheel in Orlando seems to be either sick or celebrating Kevin Nash winning the world title:

https://twitter.com/mkerrigan7/status/1609352027888390146?s=20&t=OMms0xORr9qx5E_Frs5JDw

The more stories that come out of the ICON park the more it makes Fun Spot look like Universal when it comes to ride safety. Jesus.

Get well Fluffy Bunnies!

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog

Bottom Liner posted:

this respiratory infection bronchitis thing going around is almost as bad as covid was for me.

We recovered from Covid in November so we went maskless to an indoor water park (Great Wolf Lodge) on December 23rd and of course we all caught something, and this past week we've all been miserable. We've been checking to see if we got reinfected, if that's even possible so soon after recovery, and we're still Covid negative. I almost miss being in Covid quarantine from 2020-2022, we never got sick. It was great!

Disneyland is canceling all their special New Year's Eve shows due to the rain, and I actually feel bad for the tourists who have endured this unusually rainy Holiday season. It's supposed to rain for at least another week here in SoCal, spoiling the rest of most everyone's Winter break.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Gods above we almost rode that thing a couple weeks ago. Obviously it wouldn't have gone down on us but I'm glad we didn't chance it

Yall are real sweet. But yeah icon park needs to go

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

get better goon, I was actually glad earlier when you said you were OK

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I heard rumors of the Eye's sketchy build construction from before it was even finished and my every concern about ICON Park keeps getting proven true.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Had two Disney moments last night

Went to a NYE party. Guy hosting it had just come back from seeing Way of Water for the 3rd time. Proclaimed he was a *huge* Avatar fan
"Oh sweet! Do you you think they'll redo the film for Flight of Passage? I hope so. But maybe they will wait itll after the 3rd one comes out"
"Whats Flight of Passage?"
".......sivako...."

Then we went to this club and they had on tv some new years coverage. All of a sudden I saw a concert happening in front of Flo's V8 Cafe on screen. Which, was very disorientating but also,... didn't they cancel the NYE stuff for the rain?

Anyway, happy year when Tron will finally open yall

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
A lot of Disney holiday stuff gets filmed in, like, October/November

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Trying to recall all of the incidents at Icon Park:

- the wheel lost power and stranded riders for a few hours on a hot summer day not long after opening, but no fire.
- a worker that fell from the StarFlyer
- the rider that fell from the FreeFall
- this

is there anything else?

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

- the wheel lost power and stranded riders for a few hours on a hot summer day not long after opening, but no fire.
- this

is there anything else?

they built the stupid thing in the first place

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

- this

is there anything else?

Did Icon Park expand since 2015? I rode the Eye in that summer and the complex only contained the Eye, an aquarium, and a wax museum.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

VorpalBunny posted:

We recovered from Covid in November so we went maskless to an indoor water park (Great Wolf Lodge) on December 23rd and of course we all caught something, and this past week we've all been miserable. We've been checking to see if we got reinfected, if that's even possible so soon after recovery, and we're still Covid negative. I almost miss being in Covid quarantine from 2020-2022, we never got sick. It was great!

Disneyland is canceling all their special New Year's Eve shows due to the rain, and I actually feel bad for the tourists who have endured this unusually rainy Holiday season. It's supposed to rain for at least another week here in SoCal, spoiling the rest of most everyone's Winter break.

Shortly after I got back from Orlando I got a nasty sinus infection. I was convinced it was COVID but despite testing regularly for two weeks post I never popped for it. Antibiotics made me better. This past week I picked up a severe cold that's been beating me up. Just feels like it's the state of things this winter whether you're going grocery shopping or going to resorts. There's so many different viruses add respiratory infections going around it's very hard to avoid them all.

On topic, the Steven Tyler sexual abuse story broke two days ago but the closure/refurb was announced 4 or 5 days ago. Do we think they got a heads up it was coming or a coincidence? They're not closing the ride until 2/23 and it feels like if it was a reaction to the news they'd be closing it sooner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

There's a credible theory that while masking and quarantining helped protect us from COVID, it also made our bodies more vulnerable to many of the daily infections that we ordinarily suffer from with little to no consequence. All of the colds that we normally get are now kicking our asses harder.