Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Really hoping they fix the sprinting bug and the no reticle bug soon.

Those have been there since day one of the new chapter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The earliest we will see any fixes os when epic comes back January 5th.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I’m only salty because I got a second place finish last night because I couldn’t get to cover fast enough without sprinting.

Although I will say I got to second place without a reticle on the red eye AR :dukedog:

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!
I find it kind of hilarious that if you have the no sprinting bug and you die and get resurrected it fixes the no sprinting but then you lose the red dot instead, seemingly consistently for both of those.

Adhemar
Jan 21, 2004

Kellner, da ist ein scheussliches Biest in meiner Suppe.
Yeah the bugs are related. It’s a tricky one, but stay tuned.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Got a match where I both had no sprint and no red dot. Came in 5th which I thought was good.

This could just be a mode.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Really hoping they fix the sprinting bug and the no reticle bug soon.

Those have been there since day one of the new chapter

The best random bug rn is the one where you can’t reload so you have to dump weapons after unloading a clip.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Did they change how fireplace exp works this year? It really doesn't feel the same as previous years.

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

For anyone who plays save the world (looking at MarcusSA especially):

Free 'smorg' llama today in addition to the two free Christmas week llamas, it's one legendary of your choice between two items for each category (survivor, hero, weapon, trap etc). So even if you don't play STW much it's worth getting this if you ever plan to.

Edit: To restate: you're also getting two free basic loot llamas every day, so keep checking the store. They may even do more of the big expensive free llamas, not sure though.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Blorknorg posted:

For anyone who plays save the world (looking at MarcusSA especially):

Free 'smorg' llama today in addition to the two free Christmas week llamas, it's one legendary of your choice between two items for each category (survivor, hero, weapon, trap etc). So even if you don't play STW much it's worth getting this if you ever plan to.

Edit: To restate: you're also getting two free basic loot llamas every day, so keep checking the store. They may even do more of the big expensive free llamas, not sure though.

Thanks! STW is actually really fun and good. It also gives a boat load of BP exp.

My biggest gripe is that some of the systems aren’t explained that well and it throws a lot at you.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Maybe someone has some advice on my little gently caress up. My son and I have been playing Fortnite on the same account during his time here at my place. Obviously the little man has invested a ton of time and he's got a ton of skins he likes.

Well, his mom got him an xbox series s today and I thought it'd be easy to just unlink it from mine and link to his old one. Well, that doesn't seem possible/allowed by the TOC. I guess to prevent people selling or doing exactly what I'm doing? (I have not unlinked from mine)

I'll probably cross post this to the xbox thread but the only solution I can think of is signing in with my gamertag on his Series S? And make his the main console?

(I have my account linked to my PS5 as well)

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
It's honestly worth emailing Epic support and asking, they're on vacation right now but I've heard of people having good results on that in the past

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

makes me wonder if this'll become more of an issue as more adult gamers have kids that start off on their parents accounts before wanting to hop off. like I think if I ever lost my account info for ff14 I'd need my mom's info cause the account's the same as the one I signed up for ff11 under her name way back when.

anyway check out these sick mind games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Zj8ICLaDJw

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/ShiinaBR/status/1607391064368750592?t=27Ye2BayK1CsQDc8hSoRKw&s=19

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

I ended up making my son's new xbox the home console for his mom's place. Then I went and made a new Epic account on my PC so I can play with him when he'd like to.

Well, we won our first game together. I can't quite explain what a nice feeling it is. Little dude is 8 years old. He's gotten wins before but this is the first game we played together on the same team. I don't think we'll ever forget this.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

IG-88 posted:

I ended up making my son's new xbox the home console for his mom's place. Then I went and made a new Epic account on my PC so I can play with him when he'd like to.

Well, we won our first game together. I can't quite explain what a nice feeling it is. Little dude is 8 years old. He's gotten wins before but this is the first game we played together on the same team. I don't think we'll ever forget this.

That's super awesome! This dumb game rules for making memories like that.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

IG-88 posted:

Heartwarming stuff, thanks for sharing. Whenever I win a game with my nephew it feels like the first time I’ve won again, it’s a great feeling.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

The cat pet backpack is the best thing ever. Please give us more.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

IG-88 posted:

The cat pet backpack is the best thing ever. Please give us more.

Pet backpacks were a gimmick for the OG backpack season. They haven't released many or even brought back most.

https://fortnite-archive.fandom.com/wiki/Pets

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Dec 28, 2022

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Mr Hootington posted:

Pet backpacks were a gimmick for the OG backpack season. They haven't released many or even brought back most.

I want all of them.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
So there's 2 weekly quests for hunting wildlife and I used to see animals all over the map, now I never see any. This is gonna be a huge hassle.

They also added a quest for eating slapberries, running into bushes, or running into leaf piles. This barely works. For every 6 slap berries I eat I only get credit for one. Same with bushes and leaves.

And parkour doesn't work at all anymore.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Overbite posted:

So there's 2 weekly quests for hunting wildlife and I used to see animals all over the map, now I never see any. This is gonna be a huge hassle.

They also added a quest for eating slapberries, running into bushes, or running into leaf piles. This barely works. For every 6 slap berries I eat I only get credit for one. Same with bushes and leaves.

And parkour doesn't work at all anymore.

I was getting credit for all of the piles but the counter only showed every so often.

The wildlife one wasn't too bad but getting that fuckin frog was annoying.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I haven't logged in for the weekly resets but there's usually tons of frogs under the bridge in slappy shores.

as for ten wildlife the jellyfish do count as long as you shoot them.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

IG-88 posted:

I want all of them.

Well you could buy an old account for thousands of dollars or invent time travel.

I've always thought it would make sense to toss up a battlepass package that was like $40 or something

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Fuuuuuuuuck the store is all the marvel skins (that weren’t battlepass or crew).

I want them all.

https://twitter.com/shiinabr/status/1607889371801489409?s=46&t=SgmqUIXlX07CKB7XRX3yyA

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

dorium posted:

Fuuuuuuuuck the store is all the marvel skins (that weren’t battlepass or crew).

I want them all.

https://twitter.com/shiinabr/status/1607889371801489409?s=46&t=SgmqUIXlX07CKB7XRX3yyA

Did they ever fix it so Cap could use Thor’s hammer?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

dorium posted:

I want them all.

Most of the Marvel skins are really really good. Time to blow some VBucks lol

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Spacebump posted:

No clue. They should though.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Mr Hootington posted:

I probably have Merry Munchkin in my loadout about half the year. He screams at the top of his lungs when you jump out of the bus and apparently he's loud enough that my fill squadmates hear him sometimes and have no idea what's happening.

None of the other pets I have really impress me (Baby Yoda takes up like half the screen iirc) but Munchkin has a bunch of fun animations and a lot of personality.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

dorium posted:

I want them all.

I would like that gambit skin

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

In case of accidental ingestion, please consult a mortician.

Spacebump posted:

Yes. He can't use the glider, but he can use Mjolnir as a harvesting tool.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
I keep forgetting to check, but does the uzi have a larger magazine than the dual-mag MPX lookin thing?

Twelve kills on my 30fps potato console on the wrong server against people that could have up to 120fps and eight times my pixel count; feels good man:

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Dec 28, 2022

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
I’m kinda bummed there wasn’t just “Winterfest Quests” on their own, why did they have to be rolled into Weekly Quests, especially since it was only up for 2 weeks, and then this last week there seems to be none? Kind of a stinker, imo.
I get it’s to pump up weekly engagement but holy moly it’s not great.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Mister Facetious posted:

I keep forgetting to check, but does the uzi have a larger magazine than the dual-mag MPX lookin thing?

uzi's got a 33 bullet mag with a 2.7-2.2s reload depending on quality, twin mag has 20 bullets but every odd reload is 1.3s vs 2.3 normally.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

parasyte posted:

uzi's got a 33 bullet mag with a 2.7-2.2s reload depending on quality, twin mag has 20 bullets but every odd reload is 1.3s vs 2.3 normally.

"Conclusion: use a tactical pistol instead." :v:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This weeks quests weren't too bad tbh.

I did have to look up how to travel with the ore though because it didn't work when I tried it on my own. Its a bit dumb you need to point the sound waves up because if you travel straight it still moves.

I should hit 150 on the BP today so I can just chill out for the rest of the season because I don't care about the rest of the skins tbh.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Mister Facetious posted:

"Conclusion: use a tactical pistol instead." :v:

for sure, that tac pistol owns. first-shot accuracy, 2x headshots (the SMGs are 1.5x), with augments it's got a bigger mag and an always-faster reload than the twin mag. and if you have the tactical ar from that augment it gets the reload bonus too since it uses light ammo

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I love the tactical pistol. The speed really makes up for my poor aim in a shootout.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
Would have loved to get the Axo skin, it's awesome. I will keep to my plan of using only battlepass coins though, I already have a dozen skins and I question the value of spending 10 bux on a disposable avatar... Pink punk cat will do for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

but if i dont have all the skins i want how will i know i am winning?