Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Captain Beans posted:

Do the twitter APIs still work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

what the?

I knew a actual honest to god genius pre-internet, he was the designer of those multi-blade razors for Gillette and he was the opposite of Musk in every way. Just as nerdy looking and I've no doubt he was utterly incapable of looking after himself, man was obsessed with learning and testing his knowledge and would need reminding to eat just because he got so into whatever book or paper he was reading - he lived in hotels so there would be someone there to present him with food and remind him to bathe. This is what musk sees himself as but no, taking shitloads of drugs and falling down a Wikipedia hole is not the same thing as the real deal.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Strong Sauce posted:

that tweet about him blocking it seemed false cause i was able to see it last night. i mean he may have blocked it but if he did it probably wasn't long

He might’ve tried to block it, declared success after doing effectively nothing, and moved on to whatever the next stupid thing was to catch his attention.

Or he physically unplugged something else, there’s nothing so stupid he could do that we can immediately rule out anymore.

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
Lifestyles of the rich and famous: posting horseshit and drinking diet coke

I've been living the high life all along.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Twitter seems to be a pretty different experience at the moment depending on which parts of the maimed server racks serve the microservices you currently are trying to get data from.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

this is our pre-war whisky

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

yook posted:

What’s with the moon and star on the flag? Someone in the replies asked about why the Ottoman Empire symbol was on there and I actually don’t know, I just reflexively assumed that type of symbology was an antisemitic thing.

Naturally, nobody is answering him on the symbol and instead they’re all fixated on the rainbow part and how straight people don’t have a flag.

deep in the poo poo online nazis from like 4chan really hate Turks for reasons i don't remember. probably because the see themselves as crusaders or something?

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
drat. Looks like we won't get below 100. Can we troll Elon into banning more journalists? Maybe a few EU Representatives? Or possibly get him to moon the FCC.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I no longer have a Twitter account but ended up there after following a link, scrolled down to the "here's what else is on Twitter" and saw three memes posted by Elon, five photos of cats from some "photos of cats" account, and everything else was in Arabic

Working great!

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Daztek posted:

It worked for me yesterday even after that tweet that said it wasn't working

Fair. More difficult to find out without an account now. Sometimes it displays, sometimes it tells me I need to join Twitter. Working great.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Someone tweet "science says we breath oxygen" back at him please

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1608188826291167242?cxt=HHwWlICzrfHNt9EsAAAA

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

learnincurve posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1608188826291167242?cxt=HHwWlICzrfHNt9EsAAAA

A 51 year old man using lego memes to make "points"

Yeah okay

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
Someone ask Elon what he thinks being a skeptic is, I'm genuinely dying to hear his answer.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

TulliusCicero posted:

Yeah okay

It very much has "I just found out about racist and transphobic lecturers being "cancelled"" vibes

Periodic reminder that Kathleen Stock has a doctorate in "philosophy in fiction" and got shitcanned by her university, not for her transphobic views, but because she was literally the worst performing professor in the country by 6 different metrics.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

learnincurve posted:

Oh, better reinvent the wheel then.

And double check that 1x1=1 media narrative. I have it on good authority that a football player is disrupting the science on it.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Serious_Cyclone posted:

That's all I have been using it for, but the immediate push to blame (((zionists))) and their algorithms for why their 90+% TSLA investment portfolio is eating poo poo is alarming. I do not enjoy living in an era when (((they))) are blamed for everything.

I have some bad news about the last few thousand years.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

learnincurve posted:

what the?

I knew a actual honest to god genius pre-internet, he was the designer of those multi-blade razors for Gillette

Having a REAL hard time parsing this as an internally reconcilable statement

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

learnincurve posted:

The thing they always seem to gloss over is that science works on evidence and repeatable situations, and can usually tell that whatever dumb stuff you are pushing is bunk.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Kingo Ligma posted:

Having a REAL hard time parsing this as an internally reconcilable statement

Before the internet clever people who didn't have wikipedia to help them fake it existed. They did pub quizzes and sent amusing faxes to each other for fun.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

learnincurve posted:

Before the internet clever people who didn't have wikipedia to help them fake it existed. They did pub quizzes and sent amusing faxes to each other for fun.

Ok grandma, let's get you back inside, sun's going down

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Imagine showing up in traffic court and being accused of reckless driving, "Your honor I wasn't driving at all, I merely put my car in 'endanger others' mode"

Kale
May 14, 2010

Rebel Blob posted:

Not that there is any doubt about what Elon means by this, but have Musk explaining himself through poo poo memes:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1608188826291167242

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1608191997768265728

Not exactly shocked this guy thinks Wojacks are positively hilarious since he clearly browses 4chan almost as much as he browses twitter. Guy desperately wants to be in with the anime/gamer crowd for years too, but only the absolute weirdo ironic shitbag side of those fandoms. Pretty sure Genshin Impact dodged a PR bullet by actually not having him in their game, but it still has that character Ella Musk that's named after him that wants nothing more in life but to bond with the games equivalent of the Mario franchises Goombas and hisses in their language to herself in the library when she thinks nobody is around to hear it. They got torched for that particular bit of PR and that was before Elon went all out right wing shitlord.

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

QuarkJets posted:

Imagine showing up in traffic court and being accused of reckless driving, "Your honor I wasn't driving at all, I merely put my car in 'endanger others' mode"

"Set autopilot to 'Kill'"

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

koshmar posted:

He's figured out his place and he doesn't let poo poo get under his skin so he's literally the perfect foil to Trump/Elon and their fans.

https://twitter.com/Eve6/status/1608205103760281600?s=20&t=nUVj4cZ0Jjxh-IOMXYnRNQ

Lmao he just cracks me up, one of several posters I do really miss from quitting twitter.

He’s like the anti-Elon.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

TulliusCicero posted:

Yeah okay

he also stole it from one of his bootlickers

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

War Wizard posted:

And double check that 1x1=1 media narrative. I have it on good authority that a football player is disrupting the science on it.

Terrance Howard is not a football player hth

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Yeah if Elon ever posts a meme just look at his likes and you'll find who he stole it from lol

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/realdanodowd/status/1606013465126002690?s=46&t=tAn3ypmHgl6XlynYzVTC8Q

Lol at the context

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Is he trying to bothsides his own opinions?

Elmo is such a stupid 80s movie villain smacked rear end

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021
I stumbled upon this subreddit that seems ok:

https://www.reddit.com/r/RealTesla/

It's basically a "lol, Tesla and Elon lie about everything" sub, but it also focuses on EVs in general compared to Teslas and the lovely leadership and quality of the cars.

Imagine being an Elon simp and believing this guy has a PhD in Physics (he doesn't, but he lied that he was working on one at a school he was never accepted into), and seeing how he's "just asking questions." If someone as smart and amazing as Elon thinks something is corrupt, it must be!!!

Sentient Data posted:

... that's new. This may sound like a tinfoil hat theory, but that legit does sound like a psyop being run on that group
The idea has been around since back in the reddit redpill, MGTOW, and incel sub days. They had zero understanding of Islam, but absolutely loved the surface-level tropes of arranged marriages, four wives, and women as accessory pieces they could own, control, and beat. They just couldn't accept that they'd have to give up some other things (alcohol, bacon) to convert. The current manosphere has gone a different direction and I'm not sure what the average sentiment is anymore since keeping tabs on it will destroy all my algorithms.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Decrepus posted:

Is he trying to bothsides his own opinions?

Elmo is such a stupid 80s movie smacked rear end

the tweet about covid vaccines working is from a april 2021. grimes left him in september 2021. thats exactly when he started going off the deep end.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Musk is proving himself to be unbelievably stupid as his 4chan army doubles down on worshipping his Dunning-Kruger-rear end dipshit behavior even more. It's like chucking "loving" and "moron" into a blender and hitting the turbo blast speed option on it. Dumbfuck gets fooled by rhetorical theories tossed out by 11 year old edgelords online. I just can't...

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

War Wizard posted:

Actor, but otherwise accurate.
I suggested that Elon test the scientific belief that humans need oxygen by sealing himself in an airtight room for a few hours.

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021
I wonder who thought this should be added to the software...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqkURdcNGC4

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Lol I decided to try to log into twitter and it's just endlessly retrying some endpoint and receiving a 503.

Good job morons.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

I opened a tweet in a new window while browswing and got that, lmao

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Crustashio posted:

I opened a tweet in a new window while browswing and got that, lmao

Yup, it's happening to me and it's swapping between light and dark mode randomly.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I’m guessing every day that goes by without Trump acknowledging Musk for unbanning him from Twitter is eating into Musks’ sanity like a particularly aggressive word and I’m here for it.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

wow good thing elon abided by the results of that poll, huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Elon Musk admits to making mistakes in his first 6 weeks of owning Twitter: 'Hey, I just got here, man.'

https://news.yahoo.com/elon-musk-admits-making-mistakes-160241478.html?guccounter=1

Elon Musk gave the "All-In" podcast a gently self-deprecating review of his tenure at Twitter.

He defended his fast decision-making on slashing headcount and putting out new features.

But he quipped that it would be "pretty embarrassing and sad" if the moves tanked the site.

"In the beginning, we'll make, obviously, a lot more mistakes, because I'm new to — Hey, I just got here, man," he said on the "All-In" podcast show posted on Saturday. "I think we'll have fewer gaffes in the future," he said.

Musk pitched a baseball metaphor, telling Friedberg, "We're going to swing for the fences here at Twitter, and we're going to do it quickly," even if it means having to "strike out a bit more."

Musk also defended a new "views" feature that Twitter unveiled this month to show how many people saw a particular tweet, which many users criticized for cluttering the interface. He said it was a "lot harder feature to implement than you'd think."

Musk also acknowledged that Twitter continues to have "a fair number of bots in the system" — an apparent pet cause he'd leveraged in trying to back out of buying the platform — but said he's since made "a lot of steps to reduce the bots and troll situation."