Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

It's kind of funny experiencing all of this in the EU since apparently Musk (like many other US tech morons) think the US is all that matters since my fairly casual Twitter experience has barely changed at all ever since ol' Mushbrain took hold. The view counter is there, stupidly, as are the nonsensical checkmarks, but otherwise it's very much the same as it's been for ages. I use an adblocker so obviously I'm not getting any ads, but I'm also not being forcefed right-wing garbage at all.

Honestly, if it wasn't for the news coverage and this thread, I wouldn't even know that Musk took over Twitter. His stupidity is super focused on the US exclusively.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

https://twitter.com/bigtechalert/status/1608255743236476928?s=46&t=yBd62gzUaGgivOUremJSJw

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

DemonTrigger posted:

The thing they always seem to gloss over is that science works on evidence and repeatable situations, and can usually tell that whatever dumb stuff you are pushing is bunk.

"Fine, do the experiment yourself. Here is the procedure we used, here's our data set and how we gathered it, here are critiques from other scientists telling us what was good and bad about our experiment, the purpose of all of which is to allow YOU to do the same thing yourself and see if you agree. If you find differently, tell us! We'd love to see your results and see if we screwed up!

What's that? You don't have time or resources to do all that poo poo yourself? Then take our word for it (and all these Peers who have Reviewed it that we have handily cited) or stfu"

— scientific method / thing from 1792 he namechecked or whatever

Data Graham fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Dec 29, 2022

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The most divorced man is now following the second most divorced man

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

koshmar posted:

He's figured out his place and he doesn't let poo poo get under his skin so he's literally the perfect foil to Trump/Elon and their fans.

https://twitter.com/Eve6/status/1608205103760281600?s=20&t=nUVj4cZ0Jjxh-IOMXYnRNQ

It took me a second to stop trying to think what slur a "hard L" referred to

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Crustashio posted:

I opened a tweet in a new window while browswing and got that, lmao

its busted for me too. thank god i finished some businesse on it today.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

What is this from? It looks so familiar but I can't place it.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Data Graham posted:

"Fine, do the experiment yourself. Here is the procedure we used, here's our data set and how we gathered it, here are critiques from other scientists telling us what was good and bad about our experiment, the purpose of all of which is to allow YOU to do the same thing yourself and see if you agree. If you find differently, tell us! We'd love to see your results and see if we screwed up!

What's that? You don't have time or resources to do all that poo poo yourself? Then take our word for it (and all these Peers who have Reviewed it that we have handily cited) or stfu"

— scientific method / thing from 1792 he namechecked or whatever

Actually, it was the EU that declared war on Twitter. Twitter just wanted peace and to unite its peoples.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

What is this from? It looks so familiar but I can't place it.

Chernobyl. Fantastic mini-series.

Elon is basically a horrendous mix of Dyatlov and the plant owner with curly hair.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
It’s my first day as ceo please ignore my other 2 current jobs

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

nexous posted:

It’s my first day as ceo please ignore my other 2 current jobs

Isn't it like 5+?

Space X
Tesla
the Tesla thing but for solar rooftop
The Boring compagnie (I think it the one for the hyperloop and the tunnel in las vegas)
Neurolink
And now Twitter

and I might have forgotten one or 2.

Like what is the robot one? Is that tesla again?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I spent 44 billion with no game plan
Gimme a break here guys

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Desktop twitter seems to be falling apart.

This is another reminder to just use Tweetdeck.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

The Last Call posted:

Elon Musk admits to making mistakes in his first 6 weeks of owning Twitter: 'Hey, I just got here, man.'

https://news.yahoo.com/elon-musk-admits-making-mistakes-160241478.html?guccounter=1

Elon Musk gave the "All-In" podcast a gently self-deprecating review of his tenure at Twitter.

He defended his fast decision-making on slashing headcount and putting out new features.

But he quipped that it would be "pretty embarrassing and sad" if the moves tanked the site.

"In the beginning, we'll make, obviously, a lot more mistakes, because I'm new to — Hey, I just got here, man," he said on the "All-In" podcast show posted on Saturday. "I think we'll have fewer gaffes in the future," he said.

Musk pitched a baseball metaphor, telling Friedberg, "We're going to swing for the fences here at Twitter, and we're going to do it quickly," even if it means having to "strike out a bit more."

Musk also defended a new "views" feature that Twitter unveiled this month to show how many people saw a particular tweet, which many users criticized for cluttering the interface. He said it was a "lot harder feature to implement than you'd think."

Musk also acknowledged that Twitter continues to have "a fair number of bots in the system" — an apparent pet cause he'd leveraged in trying to back out of buying the platform — but said he's since made "a lot of steps to reduce the bots and troll situation."

I hate this loving idiot for treating just completely upending thousands of peoples lives (who probably mostly were quite happy and content at their job) as a bit of a goof/whoopsie. He did it all for no other reason than for lulz and because he's a loving idiot. God he's such a pathetic human being who shouldn't be managing a loving Wendy's.

Vilgefartz
Apr 29, 2013

Good ideas 4 free
Fun Shoe
I suddenly got logged out and can't log back in

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

MJeff posted:

Desktop twitter seems to be falling apart.

This is another reminder to just use Tweetdeck.

I like when I click on this thread and the embedded tweets take 2+ min to load

Just blistering load speeds

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
You've been banned for thought crimes.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

"So sorry, I'm new here"

-new cashier hire

OR

-CEO of billion dollar company

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Lol if you think Musk wasn’t/isn’t actively punishing Twitter employees because he was forced to buy the company

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
https://twitter.com/dril/status/1608259750134943746?s=46&t=OsF6ruSNl70BUooDzWT22Q
I wonder if Elon has the balls to ban dril

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

what a great website that appears to consist entirely of this

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

priznat posted:

I hate this loving idiot for treating just completely upending thousands of peoples lives (who probably mostly were quite happy and content at their job) for no other reason than for lulz and because he's a loving idiot. God he's such a pathetic human being who shouldn't be managing a loving Wendy's.

ngl, one of the big reasons I'm rooting for the spectacle he's creating around himself to just keep getting worse and worse and finally explode horrendously is that until and unless it does, there's a very real chance that the whole industry will see it as a bold and forward-thinking step for employers in all sorts of companies to take against their employees.

"Industry best practices are to abruptly fire 2/3 of your tech staff, apparently. Elon Musk thinks so"

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

it's called changing your beliefs based on new evidence, which is what science is all about!! Please eat my rear end elon.

grobbo
May 29, 2014
In the past 24 hours my Twitter feed has begun very openly and repeatedly pushing such crucial unsolicited topics such as 'tech personalities' (some blue-tick dork who thinks it's amazing and important that Elon Musk had his kid on a video-call) and 'finance' (some blue-tick dork who wants to know why the US government can't cut costs just as quickly and efficiently as Elon Musk at Twitter), and I really don't understand at this point why everything needs to be quite so endlessly transparent, pathetic, and dumb.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Data Graham posted:

ngl, one of the big reasons I'm rooting for the spectacle he's creating around himself to just keep getting worse and worse and finally explode horrendously is that until and unless it does, there's a very real chance that the whole industry will see it as a bold and forward-thinking step for employers in all sorts of companies to take against their employees.

"Industry best practices are to abruptly fire 2/3 of your tech staff, apparently. Elon Musk thinks so"

Yup that's also a big concern, and there have been some op-eds penned by his fellow shitheads in the executive ranks saying similar things. It's weird because it used to be going to offshoring but that got too expensive too and now it's "but what if we just assign all the work to a single overworked australian?"

I think the biggest suggestion that things won't go that way is:

You know if that rear end in a top hat could get away with firing all his staff he would. Heck even HE treats them well.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I wish I had never invested in Elon musk but could still make a profit 😡

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Hello,

My name is Elong Musk.

I am a massive bell end.

Kind Regards

Elong Musk

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

If Elon bans dril he can't steal any of his jokes anymore.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Lol, twitter login is broken right now

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Withnail posted:

no problem just need a new stack

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Withnail posted:

Curious

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Too many microservices bogging it down. Time to flip more switches and unplug more stuff.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

happyhippy posted:

He originally debunked creationists, then moved on to what you said, he got doxxed and his company he works for was contacted by the wingnuts trying to get him fired.
The company didn't care, and it backfired on some of them. Then turns out people were more interested in what he was researching, so moved to science videos.
He doesn't solely debunk Musk, just that Musk is the only one doing obviously stupid poo poo at the moment.
He did vids on solar powered roads, Thernos, that juicer thing, etc.

Personally YouTube 'takedown' or 'debunk' videos kinda gross me out. Occasionally they bring something new or interesting but most often it's just a bunch of ridiculous YouTube drama going back and forth and driving engagement from teenagers

Epic thread!! Fellow kids

ben shapino posted:

Mama always said, don't be the clown on the clown car. Nobody knows what she meant, but she said it.

Somehow I feel like it should be 'don't be the last clown in the clown car' or something like that. Which also doesn't make sense but sounds more like it does at first hearing

Lazy_Liberal posted:

the bearded guy is explained here. it overlaps too much with Aryan ubermensch poo poo to me.

I don't like that guy at all because it actually looks a lot like me. But I'm cool and nice to people

Serious_Cyclone posted:

It's amazing to me that only a few years ago anti-vaxx was one of the only brands of Presidential thinking that was wholly attributed to the left. It was less-than-correct, but the prevailing belief was that it was a fringe belief specific to chiropractors, power-crystal wine moms, and barefoot granola eaters. So the right just took anti-vaxx and went pro with it, I guess to prove that they can? So now it's just another right-wing Presidential belief among many.

Right wingers will NEVER miss an opportunity to be as wrong as humanly possible about anything. So they stole the main thing that some on the left were completely wrong about

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Moving fast, breaking stuff

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
I'm so glad the company I work for has things like blackout periods, change management and sane leadership.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

i'm sure it's nothing

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Withnail posted:

:bisonyes:

A farting mink
Nov 6, 2022

by Pragmatica
I just watched The Mummy with Tom Cruise because I hate life. Near the end Cruise is all beaten up and looks like poo poo. He looks just like Elon Musk in those scenes.

Why did I watch that movie?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Withnail posted:

LOL, if I click on a tweet such as one in this thread, it acts like I'm signed out, but if I click on my bookmark, it still has me logged in, LMAO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

A farting mink posted:

I just watched The Mummy with Tom Cruise because I hate life. Near the end Cruise is all beaten up and looks like poo poo. He looks just like Elon Musk in those scenes.

Why did I watch that movie?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRqxyqjpOHs