Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Well, got Raiden up to 70/70 and took a Nahida, Raiden, Collei, Fischl team out. Artifacts and weapons utterly unoptimised.

Doesn’t seem to matter, everything seems to die in a kaleidoscope of green and purple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
turns out if you're really quick you can phase skip Golden Wolflord, and thank god for that

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
putting wolflord and the rift dog floor in the same half is a real dick move
gotta bring geo for wolflord but it can't be zhongli because wahey we made a whole floor of the specific anti-zhongli unit

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
You don't need Geo for Wolflord. Just bring stuff that can actually DPS while it's flying around *cough* hyperbloom. If you save enough time during that phase, you should have enough time to break the heads even without Geo.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Yeah I always fight the Wolflord with Hutao and then realized the stupid dogs were right after, which caused me some issues. Wolflord having a geo check and a ranged only phase is maybe a bit much for this game, but it made this cycle quite a bit more engaging than normal.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

gandlethorpe posted:

You don't need Geo for Wolflord. Just bring stuff that can actually DPS while it's flying around *cough* hyperbloom. If you save enough time during that phase, you should have enough time to break the heads even without Geo.

Thankfully you can run hyperbloom with Zhongli as your 4th flex rather comfortably. Zhongli isn't too useful on the second half of floor 3 though. Not sure what geo actually helps a hyperbloom team anyway. But yeah its doable without geo.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

gandlethorpe posted:

It was this thread that made me realize this. It makes the smashing skull phase take 38 seconds instead of 10, but the other two phases go by so fast you have plenty of time.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Thankfully you can run hyperbloom with Zhongli as your 4th flex rather comfortably. Zhongli isn't too useful on the second half of floor 3 though. Not sure what geo actually helps a hyperbloom team anyway. But yeah its doable without geo.

Albedo works well. He gives out 125 EM most of the time, which means more hyperbloom damage.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Why do Fatui shields still only take damage from one specific thing, it's so bullshit in the abyss.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Just got done with the Dain chasm quest and it’s onto Sumeru (ignoring all the times I went over there for bosses, materials and events).

So the gist of the game’s plot is that the traveller, the cryo archon and the abyss order are all independently trying to annihilate God/Celestia, and they’re all just really crap at communicating with each other on this objective.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Does the traveller actually want to do that? I thought they just wanna be pals with their sibling again and don't really care about too much else though they'll still mostly help random people in a basic human decency kind of way

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Does the traveller actually want to do that? I thought they just wanna be pals with their sibling again and don't really care about too much else

Well the game started with what I’m assuming is the closest thing the game has to a God fighting with the twins, then screwing them over, and I swear that several times as I’ve played the game a dialogue option has been (muahahaha I’m going to kill God).

I may be exaggerating.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
The options may have been more along the lines of (Gods are lame)

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Oh, yeah I guess there is that kind of stuff, but it seems like the traveller still doesn't really know who the god was that screwed them over. Unless they found out at some point and I just missed it which is altogether possible

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Oh, yeah I guess there is that kind of stuff, but it seems like the traveller still doesn't really know who the god was that screwed them over. Unless they found out at some point and I just missed it which is altogether possible

Nope, they’re still checking out every archon to see if they’re the evil god as of me just starting the dendro chapter. Good point! Traveller isn’t trying to kill God yet.

yet

My first time interacting with Collei! Who is my first and only c6. Don’t know why I’m finding Tighrani annoying and I was completely out with how to pronounce their name.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The traveler is extremely apathetic to the goings of Inazuma and only butt heads with Raiden because Ayaka gaslit guilt them into being involved. And then we are going to Sumeru because that is the next step to finding the sibling.

They genuinely don't care about the celestial gods other than their middle managers (the archons) might know something.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Tae posted:

The traveler is extremely apathetic to the goings of Inazuma and only butt heads with Raiden because Ayaka gaslit guilt them into being involved. And then we are going to Sumeru because that is the next step to finding the sibling.

They genuinely don't care about the celestial gods other than their middle managers (the archons) might know something.

Based on encounters with the sibling so far, the travellers best bet seems like it would be just sticking to Dain like a limpet.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I did really like that Dain questline in the chasm though, I think its one of the more interesting Genshin plots.

In other news, I finally won a game hunting rebels down. Played as Zhongli and one rebel kept taunting me by calling me "old man" in the chat lol

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I did really like that Dain questline in the chasm though, I think its one of the more interesting Genshin plots.

I thought the lore was interesting but still hated the quest because it's just 90 minutes of "Hans, are we the baddies?" but the Traveler is too dense and single-minded to question any of it

some day we will pay for our crimes against hilichurl-kind

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

In other news, I finally won a game hunting rebels down. Played as Zhongli and one rebel kept taunting me by calling me "old man" in the chat lol

Given the average age of genshin player, they’re right.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Given the average age of genshin player, they’re right.

god damnit lol

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Chasm is the best area yet IMO. Just really cool throughout. I wish the underground stuff in Sumeru was cooler like that (it's still neat, but not quite as cool as the Chasm).

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i've barely done any of ekanomiya (sp) and I'm unsure why because it's beautiful

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Ytlaya posted:

Chasm is the best area yet IMO. Just really cool throughout. I wish the underground stuff in Sumeru was cooler like that (it's still neat, but not quite as cool as the Chasm).

I thoroughly enjoyed a while back when I had to go back there to farm the Knights for materials to upgrade an event weapon.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

The hilichurl are basically hollows, you don't feel guilty farming them in DS do you?
I actually feel bad about the ones just chilling out and praying or staring at vistas, so avoid killing non-hostile monsters in DS games

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I thought the lore was interesting but still hated the quest because it's just 90 minutes of "Hans, are we the baddies?" but the Traveler is too dense and single-minded to question any of it

It'll take more than that to faze an immortal demigod from another dimension. It's probably not even the most hosed up thing they've been involved in this millennium.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I somehow got 3 rebels who were as lazy as I was and caught them all in like 30 sec. I legit wasn't trying to catch anyone, just pinging clusters of items around the Springvale map. Got me 900 points for it though.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I still think the Yelan/Itto part of the Chasm storyline is the best the story has ever been in Genshin.

It made me realize that Genshin would be a lot better if it was a true party of characters and not just the Traveler/Paimon going from location to location and constantly dumping their travel companions as they move on.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
Wasn't the Itto/Yelan chasm bit a one off event? Honestly they really should re release those old events because it seems wasteful...

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Lobsterpillar posted:

Wasn't the Itto/Yelan chasm bit a one off event? Honestly they really should re release those old events because it seems wasteful...

Nope! I didn't do it until after 3.0 launched. Though there might have been a limited time thing that explained how both wound up in Liyue.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Lobsterpillar posted:

It was- also Kuki Shinobu, Xiao and Yanfei were also there- but personally, my favorite event was the lovely light novel event. Sumeru wasn't patched in yet but everyone was there! Albedo Klee and Venti from Mondstadt! Xingqiu from Liyue! Ayato, Ayaka, Kujou Sara, Yae Miko, Kazuha and a surprise appearance from the Raiden Shogun herself!

I can't remember if that was the one where Kokomi runs into Yae or if that was the ruin grader beacon thing.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Mordiceius posted:

I still think the Yelan/Itto part of the Chasm storyline is the best the story has ever been in Genshin.

It made me realize that Genshin would be a lot better if it was a true party of characters and not just the Traveler/Paimon going from location to location and constantly dumping their travel companions as they move on.

I dunno what it is on PC or mobile, but the load screen after you boot up Genshin on PS4 is still this image of Aether, Jean, Diluc, and Venti, and it took my getting through Mondstadt to realize that they weren't actually the main cast of characters going forward.

(Also hadn't seen the version of it with Lumine until I searched for it for this post, and now once again I'm annoyed that Hoyoverse doesn't customize the game art for the Traveler you choose.)

I don't think it would have been a bad idea to have a true party. You could still have the Traveler being largely uninterested in whatever plights are occurring in the nation they're in but getting involved because of their friends (since the Traveler cares about the people they know), so you wouldn't need to have someone gaslight them into acting.

Lobsterpillar posted:

I feel like any event that introduces a character probably should be permanent ones. Scaramouche appearing in Inazuma didn't mean anything to me because I missed the event he first appeared in

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Anyone else think we need more artifact inventory space? They keep releasing new characters, and now some characters have situational sets based on their reaction comps. 1,500 just isn't enough. All of my characters have a set (or two).

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
why do you have that many spares? feed that poo poo into the strongbox if you aint using it

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

What I constantly need is artifact exp. Maybe I'm being too precious on my 5*s and not using them for fodder? I just find myself constantly broke for artifact exp more than any other currency in the game.

They should let you break down artifacts into those jars because those are way better for storage though.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Anyone else think we need more artifact inventory space? They keep releasing new characters, and now some characters have situational sets based on their reaction comps. 1,500 just isn't enough. All of my characters have a set (or two).

Again, what we really need is quick swapping sets of artifacts. It should be as quick and easy for us to swap, say, Raiden between her hyperbloom and national team arti sets as it is to swap between her weapons for those.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

why do you have that many spares? feed that poo poo into the strongbox if you aint using it

I need stronger standards because even trying to go with "if it has three of HP/DEF or three of flat stat boost RECYCLE IT", I still have way more of the useless boss drop artifacts than I will ever realistically need or use. I may have a video game hoarding problem.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
I wish we could auto turn artifacts into artifact xp. Just make all those purple or blue ones be xp flasks and let us tick which orange artifacts to either lock or crunch right when they drop.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i wish genshin could have a real story like honkai does. i actually think the honkai storyline is really compelling (and also the protagonist is a lesbian)

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
No evil from the traveler's past will ever compare to them scaring foxes to steal their delicious apples.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
This 'Traveler, please accept your exclusive Primogems ×1,600' in the email we just got... how do I actually, you know, get those? None of the links etc. are working for me and they haven't shown up in-game yet if that's what's meant to happen. Am I missing something?

e: Nevermind I'm silly, read the update notes.

free Trapt CD fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Dec 29, 2022