Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
At 10,900 I start the quest for the second golden potato.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Keep making chum buckets too.

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.
Asking: Since there's no guild/co-op in game (yet), has anyone been keeping a list of goons (e.g., by friending all of us)? I'd love a list of mailboxes I can throw goodies at.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

there's a spreadsheet in the second post of the thread, dunno if people have still been adding themselves to it

tgacon
Mar 22, 2009

tgacon posted:

If anyone else has a spare Dancer, I would also appreciate it. I think I have just about all the rest just from faffing about.
Also--my first raptor should hatch any day now!

Update: my raptor hatched! She has a green checkerboard pattern and I love her. Tomorrow we will make 2 large fishing nets and feast!

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
If anyone has an extra Dancer handy I would appreciate it - somehow missed him. I have a million Donners and an extra cupid if anyone needs them. Name is JosefStalinator in game.

Edit: had no idea I could use milk and cookies to get him - got it on the first try! Still have Cupid and Donners as needed for others.

JosefStalinator fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Dec 27, 2022

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
50 gold for 1100 LNs for an assload of Pirate's Cove fish worth billions of silver and 100 gold from Pirate's Cove GMs was indeed quite a bargain. Cat, Boar, Baboon, Hedgehog, Pet Rock and Penguin are still at L4 and Owl at L5, but the rest are at L6 now.

My next step is to try to bump Exploring up from 86 and Crafting from 94, so as to get the Bear finding honey and the Capybara finding lots of stuff. What's a reasonable Gold-for-Arnold-Palmers ratio?

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

delfin posted:

What's a reasonable Gold-for-Arnold-Palmers ratio?

Normally 500-600 AP per 100 gold, but with the holiday glut of AP I'm seeing lots of sellers at 700 AP per 100 gold.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Unponderable posted:

Normally 500-600 AP per 100 gold, but with the holiday glut of AP I'm seeing lots of sellers at 700 AP per 100 gold.

Hrrmph. Someone told me I'd need about 2000 APs to hit 99 during the vent, which will be... challenging.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Or just ask - people are giving away OJ like crazy in the giveaways channel.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

delfin posted:

50 gold for 1100 LNs for an assload of Pirate's Cove fish worth billions of silver and 100 gold from Pirate's Cove GMs was indeed quite a bargain. Cat, Boar, Baboon, Hedgehog, Pet Rock and Penguin are still at L4 and Owl at L5, but the rest are at L6 now.

My next step is to try to bump Exploring up from 86 and Crafting from 94, so as to get the Bear finding honey and the Capybara finding lots of stuff. What's a reasonable Gold-for-Arnold-Palmers ratio?

What’s your ign? I’m maxed out on APs you can have some of mine.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Apparently the event ends tomorrow night which means a second event Borgen. I hosed up last week, but this time I think I'll be able to swing mastery of all the items in Large Chest 1, which gets me 90. Considering a mad rush through the Highland Hills items to try and push up to 100. I was Tower 50 at the start of the month, so throwing all my AP, Cider and Stam at the single-minded goal of getting 1.5k AK doesn't seem so nuts.

Of course I "only" have 25b silver, so actual Tower 100 gonna take a while

edit: lol ok since making this post I went from Tower 85 to 96.

Atoramos fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Dec 29, 2022

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

monkeytennis posted:

What’s your ign? I’m maxed out on APs you can have some of mine.

I go by Cowtoucher. Donations are always welcome but I'm not going to get anywhere near 99 Exploring during the event regardless, which is fine! It's good to have goals.

Sitting at 8 billion silver now. I'm debating between saving up and getting the 10b storehouse upgrade, or pushing my resource buildings hard. My steelworks is kind of adequate, for example, but not what I'd call overwhelming. My orchard is full at 600 and my max inventory isn't high enough yet to warrant the additional perks.

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.
Borgen has several items that that can help finish holiday quests up, including Dancer. (He is mercifully ending my pine tree jail.)

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
That's the fastest I've bought something at the camp, glad that quest is over.

I guess it's time to try and get a gold boot in the rest of the time left.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
So it begins again. Up to 17,000 potatoes from yesterday.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

75000 potatoes down, still haven't got that second gold potato. kill me

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
A complaint: Exchange Center should be able to handle multiple exchanges, perhaps at higher rates each time.

Even if I grind through/beg for another 660 spiders, the absolute earliest I'll be able to finish this cutlasses quest is Friday, and that's not guaranteed.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Gating quest progression through the exchange is just poor game design. I'm really not sure what the point to it is.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

I'm not a fan of those gates either, but it's the same as gating progress through the Wishing Well (and how seasonal events work imo): to encourage hoarding across-the-board and less active play.

Of course, it's also bad design that the best times for active play all fall around real-world holidays

Wandering Orange
Sep 8, 2012

A Towering Investment begins...

Limited on other quests due to pirate stuff, cloaks, cutlasses, and corn. Always corn.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Wandering Orange posted:

A Towering Investment begins...

Limited on other quests due to pirate stuff, cloaks, cutlasses, and corn. Always corn.

I'm not close to done with corn for Jill, and this robot thinks that you need 6 fields worth of corn to make ethanol to fuel itself.

Someone needs to fire the economic advisor for farm-land.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

so my go-to IOS game made by russian company based in dubai got booted from the store, can you believe this poo poo?.... TIME TO INSTALL FARM RPG

in as Mr. Pickles gogogo

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Farming Milk and Cookies was super annoying, but it pushed me to Tower 149 at least.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I think I'm at the point where I don't have a concrete goal. I'm T130 and the only main quest I have open is the one that just requires Crests over and over (so gently caress that one). So I'm just grinding nets and fishing in the new zone for Tower levels that aren't active yet.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Fhqwhgads posted:

I think I'm at the point where I don't have a concrete goal. I'm T130 and the only main quest I have open is the one that just requires Crests over and over (so gently caress that one). So I'm just grinding nets and fishing in the new zone for Tower levels that aren't active yet.

Yeah, I just wrapped up the Christmas event questline. I actually have all of the crests for excuse me V, but don’t really feel like burning through several thousand APs and ciders to free up the inventory and not void them turning it in. I’m also at T130 with 1983 AK, just limited by silver right now.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Now I need 5 sealed letters. Can’t really understand why I don’t have those already as I never sell stuff like that. I guess it must have been part of an earlier quest or something.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

monkeytennis posted:

Now I need 5 sealed letters. Can’t really understand why I don’t have those already as I never sell stuff like that. I guess it must have been part of an earlier quest or something.

Pirate Flags in the Well. I got 5 Sealed Letters out of the 19 Flags I threw in today.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Gating Super Rare quest items behind crops sucks. Give us mega seeds of all the crops so I can get past this stupid Piece of Heart quest.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Gating Super Rare quest items behind crops sucks. Give us mega seeds of all the crops so I can get past this stupid Piece of Heart quest.

I’m stuck here too. Sucks.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
My first 10B purchase (storehouse buff) has been made. I see the value of it, but wow, that stings.

Crafting and Exploring got up to 95/87 during the event, so there's lots of grinding still to do. Defenses and Consequences XXI still has a hundred and ten honey left to go, Corn Quandary is at 34% and A Wall In The Way is simply batshit, so while Unexpected Visitor remains timelocked, it's my one questline remaining that's viable. At least I'm at a point now where once I clear the cutlass wall, it's clear sailing to my next raptor egg.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

I'm also in a holding pattern right now, only regular quest left is the crests and I'm at tower 145 with the AK to go to 149, but no motivation to run through my nets to get the silver. Growing pines all day to hopefully master christmas trees before they go away (those stick around until the 3rd like the quests I hope) and then after that I don't know what I'm going to do. Probably work on filling up my inventory with all of the crops between pines and sunflowers for the next event, then maybe grind out some crop runestones so I can make more spheres. I guess it's not the worst idea to plink away at more GM/MM for when the tower inevitably expands.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Klungar posted:

Pirate Flags in the Well. I got 5 Sealed Letters out of the 19 Flags I threw in today.

Ah that’s good to know, cheers.

andy_social
Oct 29, 2008

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I’m stuck here as well but I’m not going to have the honey I need next until tomorrow so it’s not too aggravating yet.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
:negative: accidentally blew all my lemons into lemonade today and I need to turn in 1000 of them.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.
Eh, you'll get them back tomorrow.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

H110Hawk posted:

:negative: accidentally blew all my lemons into lemonade today and I need to turn in 1000 of them.

Explore WC and collect them

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Yeah I just had like 1 harvest of hops to go to finish the quest. Lemons take a lot of exploration. 750 apples to 150 lemons. I don't think I have the time to manage it today so I will just wait for reset.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Do you have Jundland Desert + Excuuuse Me, Farmer questline (req 4x99 + T100) available? That’s how I got the Heart Piece I needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Xerol posted:

I'm also in a holding pattern right now, only regular quest left is the crests and I'm at tower 145 with the AK to go to 149, but no motivation to run through my nets to get the silver. Growing pines all day to hopefully master christmas trees before they go away (those stick around until the 3rd like the quests I hope) and then after that I don't know what I'm going to do. Probably work on filling up my inventory with all of the crops between pines and sunflowers for the next event, then maybe grind out some crop runestones so I can make more spheres. I guess it's not the worst idea to plink away at more GM/MM for when the tower inevitably expands.

It‘s a bit weird progress wise. I was close to the AK for T200, was carefully picking GMs to finish that off, then the new fishing zone dropped and 5 minutes later I had 7 new GMs.

The event got me close to 600b and I am saving for the 1t crop now but I have little motivation to play outside of helping people.