Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
after I woke up from getting my wisdom teeth out I decided to only talk in my limited spanish. I kept on saying "por favor necesito agua" which none of the dental office employees knew what it was. they gave me a pen and paper and apparently all I would write was "agua" over and over. my mom finally showed up and was like "he wants water". The only thing I remember is how loving dry my mouth was and how desperate for water I was

edit:
https://i.imgur.com/tb5nCpl.mp4

Fuck You And Diebold has a new favorite as of 00:47 on Dec 29, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I never got my wisdom teeth out as a kid, as the dentist determined they should come out at my literal last dental appointment before I was kicked off my parents dental insurance at 18. Nice timing, doc.

So they were finally starting to bug me now, 25 years later, so I got a new dentist to use with my new dental insurance and scheduled to get them out. And.... the experience was great. Didn't need to be put under, just general freezing. He had all four out in about 15 minutes flat. Zero pain or discomfort, almost zero swelling afterwords, and I was back on solids in about 4 days. Couldn't have gone smoother. I've had more stressful haircuts.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I had an extremely old(but very skilled) dental surgeon yank three of them out, then decided the fourth couldn't be removed because it was entangled with the nerves of my jaw, and if it wasn't pulled out PRECISELY, it ran the risk of causing permanent nerve damage including reduction of taste/tongue sensation or something, I forget what specifically. Then it stayed in for another decade, working it's way forward, until one day it broke the molar in front of it and required both to be extracted. Luckily it had disentangled itself from that nerve so it was an easy process, but took down a molar with it.

I got bad teeth from my mom, and then exacerbated it with soda as a teen. Now I just want to get all my back teeth yanked and replaced with implants on a titanium root, because the existing teeth are way too much of a pain both figuratively and literally.

Bouncy

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

after I woke up from getting my wisdom teeth out I decided to only talk in my limited spanish. I kept on saying "por favor necesito agua" which none of the dental office employees knew what it was. they gave me a pen and paper and apparently all I would write was "agua" over and over. my mom finally showed up and was like "he wants water". The only thing I remember is how loving dry my mouth was and how desperate for water I was

edit:
https://i.imgur.com/tb5nCpl.mp4

Had a similar thing when I had a major infection in my spine and brain in Sweden. I'd been learning Swedish the year before and when I finally woke up in the ICU, I only spoke Swedish to the staff as I was apparently aware enough that I was in Sweden still. Apparently the docs were real worried I had some serious brain damage because they said my accent was good but my vocabulary was all over the place, they were real glad when my mum cleared it all up for them.

I can't remember any of this of course but that must have worried them a while hah

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Captain Invictus posted:

I had an extremely old(but very skilled) dental surgeon yank three of them out, then decided the fourth couldn't be removed because it was entangled with the nerves of my jaw, and if it wasn't pulled out PRECISELY, it ran the risk of causing permanent nerve damage including reduction of taste/tongue sensation or something, I forget what specifically. Then it stayed in for another decade, working it's way forward, until one day it broke the molar in front of it and required both to be extracted. Luckily it had disentangled itself from that nerve so it was an easy process, but took down a molar with it.

I got bad teeth from my mom, and then exacerbated it with soda as a teen. Now I just want to get all my back teeth yanked and replaced with implants on a titanium root, because the existing teeth are way too much of a pain both figuratively and literally.

Bouncy

:smith::hf::smith: squishy teeth club

I've only got one crown/root canal combo and another crown plus like 12 fillings and I just know one day I'll have implants.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I never got my wisdom teeth out as a kid, as the dentist determined they should come out at my literal last dental appointment before I was kicked off my parents dental insurance at 18. Nice timing, doc.

So they were finally starting to bug me now, 25 years later, so I got a new dentist to use with my new dental insurance and scheduled to get them out. And.... the experience was great. Didn't need to be put under, just general freezing. He had all four out in about 15 minutes flat. Zero pain or discomfort, almost zero swelling afterwords, and I was back on solids in about 4 days. Couldn't have gone smoother. I've had more stressful haircuts.

My mums a dentist and that's always been the experience for me. Numbed up, procedure done back to normal like the next day.

On the topic is Generals for dental work when my mum retired 20 years ago ended generals in Central Scotland because there were only 2 dentists who were qualified to do it and she was one of them. No bad thing really they were dangerous and unnecessary, a dentist in the Borders killed a kid a few years after that.

One of my friends once went to the dental hospital because she had a fear of the dentist and would panic whenever the procedure started making it impossible. She right she might get a general at the hospital or something, nope just 2 nurses physically holding her down whilst the dentist worked.

What drugs are US dentists loving people up with and why is my question? Just because its funny? Because it isn't necessary.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Countdown til one goon says it is completely necessary because of the unique factors and socioeconomic realities of life in that society were improvements are impossible. The American Exceptional circumstances if you will. You stupid man. You swine.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Countdown til one goon says it is completely necessary because of the unique factors and socioeconomic realities of life in that society were improvements are impossible. The American Exceptional circumstances if you will. You stupid man. You swine.

You are imagining a guy, tricking yourself into thinking that guy exists and getting mad about it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

As I recall I got offered general as an option when I had my crown done though she preferred not to if possible. But yeah nerves was a valid reason.

Didn't end up needing it, the tooth wasn't a bother, though the bit where she put the drill through my lip I could have done without.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
Am I the only one who opts for laughing gas when I have anything done involving a drill?

I have a pretty high tolerance for most generals (red headed) but I actually have a very low tolerance for NOS and have to ask them to turn it down.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
I'm terrified of dentists (my girlfriend thinks it borders on being a phobia). I specifically ask to be knocked out for anything more than a regular cleaning. I'd prefer if they'd do it for that too but no dentist has ever agreed to knocking me out for just a basic cleaning. Which sucks because then they get to deal with a 220lb man not quite holding back tears, white knuckle gripping the chair, and having to keep one of his feet on the floor at all times in case he needs to run away.

They really should just knock me out. I take one of my girlfriend's Xanax before every appointment, and even that doesn't help. The good news is because I'm soooo scared of going to the dentist each year that I take super good care of my teeth. I don't want them to have to do much of anything when I'm there.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Robobot posted:

I'm terrified of dentists (my girlfriend thinks it borders on being a phobia). I specifically ask to be knocked out for anything more than a regular cleaning. I'd prefer if they'd do it for that too but no dentist has ever agreed to knocking me out for just a basic cleaning. Which sucks because then they get to deal with a 220lb man not quite holding back tears, white knuckle gripping the chair, and having to keep one of his feet on the floor at all times in case he needs to run away.

They really should just knock me out. I take one of my girlfriend's Xanax before every appointment, and even that doesn't help. The good news is because I'm soooo scared of going to the dentist each year that I take super good care of my teeth. I don't want them to have to do much of anything when I'm there.

I'm not even afraid of the dentist, and I haven't been in like five years. I think I'm getting away with it pretty well. If you brush your teeth on the reg, you could just not go unless your teeth hurt. it's basically a scam

hawowanlawow has a new favorite as of 16:46 on Dec 29, 2022

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
I get two free check ups a year and only ever use one. I'd rather go and not need anything major than avoid it for years and need a ton of issues fixed at once.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/UWZWxNK.mp4

ClothHat
Mar 2, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT MY LOVE OF THE LUMPEN-GOBLITARIAT
protip: trust no links I post

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

It's me, I'm the goon. I used to do case management for developmentally disabled clients and had two guys that needed to get general anesthesia for dental work every two years. They both had significant mental delays and a crippling fear of doctors so the only other alternative would have been some sort of Clockwork Orange setup.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My wisdom teeth grew in perfectly but because I was massively depressed and riddled with anxiety, I wasn't cleaning them properly for 20ish years.
They were massive bacteria factories and ruining the rest of my mouth.

I got them removed in my mid-30s and poo poo cleared up really quick. Also I got to go under for the whole thing so they could do an implant for a different lovely tooth at the same time.

Kids, even when you can't get out of bed, at least brush your teeth. I could buy a new car with the money I've spent fixing my lovely teeth.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/54aF9Hh.mp4

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0hvlBtYvOE

Allegedly

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Leave dat T Rex alone!

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Is that dog deaf? I’ve never seen a dog like fireworks before.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Maybe the fireworks are less scary because the dog can see them clearly but I dunno

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Glagha posted:

Maybe the fireworks are less scary because the dog can see them clearly but I dunno

Not possible, as dogs can’t look up.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
that dog is long dead

burnsep
Jul 3, 2005

It's hard to put into words how *hosed* that guy is.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
They look like buddies.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Given that afaik the dance at the start is a mating display I would be worried about the ostrich being hosed tbh.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
pretty sure that's just an ff7 minigame

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Given that afaik the dance at the start is a mating display I would be worried about the ostrich being hosed tbh.

Allegedly

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/R4Dt4wo.mp4

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

It's really not worth thinki bout

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
https://i.imgur.com/XBOIyCF.mp4

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The graphics on this Joust remake look great.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
I've heard this is the alpha build video of a viewers pov watching a streamer playing Joust Simulator VR

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Robobot posted:

They look like buddies.

I get that vibe, too

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Those pants have got to be cutting off circulation.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
I have and actively use all of my wisdom teeth to chew food, it's loving luxurious

Roundabout
Oct 31, 2006
It's Crumbelievable!

Thank god someone finally added the appropriate soundtrack.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Glottis posted:

I have and actively use all of my wisdom teeth to chew food, it's loving luxurious
im going to steal your mouth and repurpose it as my own

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Glottis posted:

i'm gonna punch you in the jaw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
When I was a young guy on my parents dental insurance, my dentist took an x-ray of my jaw and said "three of these wisdom teeth are going to have to come out, but the fourth one is growing in so completely wrong that there's nothing that can be done outside of surgery. The good news is that it's not going to bother you until probably your mid 30s at which point sometime you will wake up in absolutely excruciating, nightmarish pain the likes of which has been rarely experienced by any human before. Well good luck bye"

I'm 37 now so I'm pretty sure he's bluffing