Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

"As Winston Churchill famously stated, 'You have enemies? Good. It means that you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."

Iirc it's from an Elric novel rather than a rule book :goonsay:

IOSM have loved Churchill quotes for my whole life. Dude was a piece of poo poo. "Better than Hitler" wow what an accomplishment.
The latest Call of Duty has a bunch of pithy war quotes from real people and fictional characters during the "you died" reloads when playing through the campaign, and I don't think that's new. Entirely possible that some wires crossed there. Plus, it's funnier that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

"As Winston Churchill famously stated, 'You have enemies? Good. It means that you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."

IOSM have loved Churchill quotes for my whole life. Dude was a piece of poo poo. "Better than Hitler" wow what an accomplishment.

I mean Elric books are rad and all, but maybe don't model your life after the dude in the thrall of an evil soul sucking sword*

*I'm only two volumes into the collected elric works (they are out of print and expensive so I try to only sccop them up when I find them on the cheap) so don't at me being like "well actually the sword is an agent of order as opposed to chaos" or whatever

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

nashona posted:

he also said this about his false claims of his mother being of Jewish descent

"I never claimed to be Jewish ... I am Catholic. Because I learned my maternal family had a Jewish background I said I was 'Jew-ish'."
:dafuq:

He actually has straight up said “I am an American Jew” the dude is pathological. The perfect GOP politician

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

It's not like they just hand out "Better Than Hitler" trophies, you know. I've been trying to get mine for years

Always nice to meet my competition.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

History Comes Inside! posted:

Your character's race grants particular racial traits, such as special senses, proficiency with certain weapons or tools, proficiency in one or more skills, or the ability to use minor spells.

Right, that’s the Churchill quote, but what was the D&D quote?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

FFT posted:

The latest Call of Duty has a bunch of pithy war quotes from real people and fictional characters during the "you died" reloads when playing through the campaign, and I don't think that's new.

It's at least as old as the original Modern Warfare series, and probably older.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Yeah it's this, I thought that specific quote was a flavor quote in a rule book but the rule book was probably quoting the novel.
Idk which is funnier, that it herman Cain quoting Mewtwo in a speech.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I think the quote thing happened right from the start, some Nazi blows you up and you get a cool quote from some dead guy

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Santos isn't the first idiot to misattribute it to to Churchill, either.

https://quoteinvestigator.com/2022/03/24/enemies/

Aperture Priority
May 4, 2009

~~*~~Is Dream~~*~~
:coolfish::3::coolfish:

Behold the final boss of liberal decorum poisoning.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

boy howdy that avatar is terrible

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Tiny Weiner havers is a land of contrasts

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Your character's race grants particular racial traits, such as special senses, proficiency with certain weapons or tools, proficiency in one or more skills, or the ability to use minor spells.

No this quote is from Matt Gaetz.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

This so loving stupid, god drat it so many people fried their brains on this way of thinking.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I see people bring up these statistics a lot in right wing circles, and I feel like it conveniently ignores the larger factors involved.
https://twitter.com/TRHLofficial/status/1608487263520034817?t=rb169iRTKAb0sGBLWYoDPw&s=19

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

43% sounds way too high, are they doing some stupid poo poo like counting women in unmarried couples as single mothers and/or just pulling numbers entirely out of their asses?

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

43% sounds way too high, are they doing some stupid poo poo like counting women in unmarried couples as single mothers and/or just pulling numbers entirely out of their asses?

It's the second thing

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

And that spells disaster for you at SummerSlam!

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Zero_Grade posted:

And that spells disaster for you at SummerSlam!

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Given that 78 % female teachers is apparently equal to 80 % "feminine influence" at school... definitely the latter.

(The other 2 % are from male teachers raised by single mothers, clearly)

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

In fact if you follow the science, I think you'll find the problem is women

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
100% of people currently in jail have been born by women. Coincidence?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

oldpainless posted:

You’re telling me!!

Exactly!

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

old bean factory posted:

Looking at this stat it sounds like the problem is with cis people tbh

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

old bean factory posted:

Wait they never arrested the guy who got MacBeth?

Weldon Pemberton
May 19, 2012

Panfilo posted:

I see people bring up these statistics a lot in right wing circles, and I feel like it conveniently ignores the larger factors involved.
https://twitter.com/TRHLofficial/status/1608487263520034817?t=rb169iRTKAb0sGBLWYoDPw&s=19

So what she's saying is men should be confined to the private sphere while women might as well go out into the public, since they have no beneficial effects when they raise children? Very interesting

Shartin Mad
Nov 23, 2022

by Hand Knit

Weldon Pemberton posted:

So what she's saying is men should be confined to the private sphere while women might as well go out into the public, since they have no beneficial effects when they raise children? Very interesting

Yea I'm not sure what the endgame to that argument is because these people also do the 'no see it's not misogyny I'm saying women are just GOOD at raising kids and all so they're BEST to stay home and do that while I work, it's PRAISE' thing so...actually it's men who belong in the kitchen if this obviously fake number is real and being raised by one man is as good as being raised by a nuclear family?

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

Panfilo posted:

So we only learn societal expectations from our parent(s) and our teachers and from nowhere else. Got it.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

These are the same people who ridicule or denigrate male teachers so it's like the least good faith talking point possible

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

drat, do the fathers of those boys being raised by single mothers know about this??? Someone should tell them!

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
So brave of this right-wing grifter to advocate more for stay-at-home dads.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Splint Chesthair posted:

drat, do the fathers of those boys being raised by single mothers know about this??? Someone should tell them!

Doubtless they are being kept from their offspring by perfidious :females:.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Splint Chesthair posted:

No, it's never the man's fault for leaving, abandoning their child, etc. Unless they're black, in which case something something crime culture.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Vib Rib posted:

No, it's never the man's fault for leaving, abandoning their child, etc.

A lot of things can happen on the way to the cigarette shop

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Vib Rib posted:

No, it's never the man's fault for leaving, abandoning their child, etc. Unless they're black, in which case something something crime culture.

I feel like the whole "single mothers" scare statistics are just this big vile stew of misogyny, and racism. I've also heard it thrown around in regards to opposition to same sex adoption.

It also seems like it's looking at the problem backwards-who's to say the same problems that increase the likelihood of being criminals ALSO increase the likelihood of being a single parent?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
So about that idiot on social media trying to beef with Greta Thunberg:
https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1608578309981442051?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

And it appears that he was arrested due to his recent act of idiocy on social media:
https://twitter.com/Esqueer_/status/1608579412588650496

I’m not super versed in the history of Andrew Tate, didn’t he already leave Romania and have his pad raided, and that’s why he was in America doing the anti-“grooming” circuit? Has there ever been a self-own as big as this?

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 23:33 on Dec 29, 2022

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Oh yeah imagine how successful a kid that grows up with two dads is going to be

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Dr Christmas posted:

https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1608578309981442051?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

And it appears that he was arrested due to his recent act of idiocy on social media:

I’m not super versed in the history of Andrew Tate, didn’t he already leave Romania and have his pad raided, and that’s why he was in America doing the anti-“grooming” circuit? Has their ever been a self-own as big as this?

:perfect: :drat:

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Is Andrew Tate the guy who makes Youtube videos exploring the former Soviet Bloc countries as a cover for sex tourism in dirt poor Eastern European villages or is that a different scumbag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Dr Christmas posted:

this dumb motherfucker hahahaha

I hope that comeback was worth it