Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Serious_Cyclone posted:

I remember someone left a voicemail story for the Web Crawlers podcast once about working in a place like this, and she had to rush to the door to lock it after one of her regular customers went horny-crazy one morning and tried to coax her outside so he could traffic her.

Link?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Serious_Cyclone posted:

tried to coax her outside so he could traffic her.

How does that work exactly?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Beefed Owl posted:

In order to be prescribed Adderall I had to take a thorough mental test that

I went to my dr and showed paperwork that I had been prescribed it in elementary school but stopped taking it because "I didn't like how it felt (ritalin)" and because my parents were complaining about the price of it, and I didn't like having to be belittled when the nurse quartered the dose and had to administer it to me instead of me taking it, because I was feeling like I couldn't focus at work and I finally listened to my SO saying I should take it. She gave me the whole shpeal about it and we tried it out. I didn't have to do any of what you went through.

I tried taking it regularly (generic adderall) but i didn't like how the 25s make me feel jittery and all over the place, but I felt like I could finally get things done instead of waffing about, but eventually the same situation happened and I just stopped taking them and fell back into my own ruts. Now that I've been home recently, I've been taking the 10s I never finished that were supposed to be so I wouldn't crash later in the day because it didn't feel like the 10s did much

Since I'm home instead of at work, and in a mostly quiet environment, I can tell when the 10s take effect, though it's subtle, and instead of waffing about all day, bouncing from one mild stimulus to the next, I can actually focus...for 3-4 hours until it wears off. The hardest part is still getting the gumption to actually take the drat things...I should have taken some when I woke up, and it's the afternoon and I'm just now thinking about it.

However my dr has since retired and who knows when this runs out, between the shortages and the new dr if I'll get a refill, so free anxiety!

Anyways, if musk is doing something it's probably coke

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Flowers for QAnon posted:

How does that work exactly?

From what I recall from the story, it was a tiny coffee hut with a drive-up window, so customers ordered from outside and I guess ogled the titties and butt while they made and served the coffee. It also meant she was alone in the shop because it was barely big enough for 1-2 people.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Konar posted:

I think prescription makes people way less cautious to potential side effects and abuse potential simply because a doctor said you should take it

If anything the "tired old" argument prevailing online is that it "works different for people with ADD you DON'T understand they can sleep on it!" (IE so addicted and tolerant it won't even keep them awake anymore). The pushback against the glaringly obvious over prescription that's been happening over the last however many years is the new thing in my view

nah there's absolutely people who can, with zero tolerance/withdrawal, take adderall and fall straight asleep right as meds are kicking in, but won't even feel tired if they're up and moving around.

pretty sure with those instances it's executive dysfunction causing sleep issues in the first place and the adderall has a paradoxical effect for them that helps them slip to sleep if they're trying to, but I'm notta dr

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Serious_Cyclone posted:

From what I recall from the story, it was a tiny coffee hut with a drive-up window, so customers ordered from outside and I guess ogled the titties and butt while they made and served the coffee. It also meant she was alone in the shop because it was barely big enough for 1-2 people.

I think we're looking for what 'traffic' means, it sounds like that's not the right word. As in a regular got so horned up he tried to kidnap her to sell to someone in broad daylight?

If that's what actually happened what the gently caress.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

someone ran out of money to buy shares

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Serious_Cyclone posted:

So an attempted kidnapping? I don’t follow the “trafficking” narrative

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
Between all the talk of drugs and hooters did we all miss this? Cause seems like it might be important
https://twitter.com/bestofdyingtwit/status/1608502207770685445

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Steadiman posted:

Between all the talk of drugs and hooters did we all miss this? Cause seems like it might be important

Hold up, does that mean he's out another $60 billion??

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Flowers for QAnon posted:

So an attempted kidnapping? I don’t follow the “trafficking” narrative

I guess I'm just trying to use language that won't earn me a 6er, I'm not sure where the landmines are buried on the topic. I mean that the guy was planning to take her against her will to do things, also against her will

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Steadiman posted:

*ahem*

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Outrail posted:

Hold up, does that mean he's out another $60 billion??

It means "assuming he didn't already have enough collateral he had to provide more collateral". Basically still just guessing

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Then why number go up? But also like, legitimately. I don't understand stocks beyond a guy on like a brick proto-cell phone yelling "BUY! SELL!" into it because I'm dumb in that way.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Steadiman posted:

I'm not sure what he can do here without selling more Tesla stock, which would not only immediately violate the promise he made to stop selling (not that anyone is surprised), but would just further devalue his collateral position.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Droogie posted:

Then why number go up? But also like, legitimately. I don't understand stocks beyond a guy on like a brick proto-cell phone yelling "BUY! SELL!" into it because I'm dumb in that way.

The market in general is pretty green today.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Droogie posted:

Honestly? I don't think there's much more to understand aside from coked-up dickheads yelling "BUY! SELL!" into a cell phone. The "free" market is not rational in any sense of the word.

Putting on a capitalist hat for a second, I'm guessing maybe Twitter's hiccups last night gave Tesla investors hope that the site would fail and manbaby would turn his attention back to the car company? Maybe news of Melon's margin call hasn't hit the market yet or something.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Dec 29, 2022

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Droogie posted:

Markets are irrational in the short term and also irrational in the long-run, but a different kind of irrational, so the price today doesn't necessarily reflect the reality of today or yesterday.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Can't wait to see him sell more Tesla stock, which he recently claimed he wouldn't do for another two years.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Comedy option: can Elon issue buybacks for TSLA shares and sell his shares into the buy back essential looting Tesla's massive cash reserves? You know the money he can't touch. (I do think we're in a blackout period pretend we he can make it until we aren't)

Megaraptor
Dec 10, 2004

Life, uh...finds a way
TSLA is crashing SELL SELL SELL SELL!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Data Graham posted:

My post earlier on this subject was because I've been grinding my teeth about this a lot lately. Forget all the radioactive terms like "consensus" and "settled", let's go back to fundamentals and remind people that the whole point of science is to REJECT dogma, including your own. If you have a better theory, present it! Give us your experimental results! Here's ours for the record! Let's show everybody all our data and analysis and see whose evidence is more convincing! we are all trying to find the truth, and we don't mind being wrong! In fact we love being wrong! It means we've discovered something new! That is what gets our rocks off, not being right all along!

Yes, spot on. That's a really good point, and one I wanted to touch on as well, but lost in some edits. As you say, most scientists would be thrilled if someone came along and presented new evidence that fundamentally changed our view on something. But it doesn't happen that often, because people don't arrive at these conclusions by accident or arbitrarily, but through repeated tests and studies done by countless people around the world.

But of course Elon doesn't know or understand any of that, nor do most of the "I loving love Science, btw the white race is superior" guys.

knox_harrington posted:

In any case, ADHD is highly responsive to stimulant drug therapy and the tired old "it's legal meth!!1!" bullshit prevents people from accessing treatment they need. The evidence shows patients taking these drugs don't really get addicted to them and they have lots of other beneficial effects on health outcomes. Eg:

Yeah, I take a methylphenidate drug for my ADHD and I've been taking it for a few years. It's been kinda hard to come by at times here in Finland due to covid and whatnot, and a few times my pharmacy hasn't had any for my reups and as a result a few times I've gone for a few weeks without any. Zero withdrawals, zero negative symptoms (besides the loss of the benefits of the medication). Cold turkey.

I am not addicted by any definition of the word I know.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Dec 29, 2022

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Honestly? I don't think there's much more to understand aside from coked-up dickheads yelling "BUY! SELL!" into a cell phone. The "free" market is not rational in any sense of the word.

Putting on a capitalist hat for a second, I'm guessing maybe Twitter's hiccups last night gave Tesla investors hope that the site would fail and manbaby would turn his attention back to the car company? Maybe news of Melon's margin call hasn't hit the market yet or something.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
IMO, Elon's only way out of this is to claim that Twitter owns the rights to all jokes posted on it. Then he can open that Femboy Hooters and Goth IHOP I've heard so much about.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Serious_Cyclone posted:

I guess I'm just trying to use language that won't earn me a 6er, I'm not sure where the landmines are buried on the topic. I mean that the guy was planning to take her against her will to do things, also against her will

Jesus loving Christ you can say "attempted to kidnap and rape" if that's the case. The only exception is if the bikini coffee lady is underage and the sex pest is a mod.

Unironically lurk more

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Preoptopus posted:

U forgot Tilted Kilt
I worked there in the kitchen for one day and got fired because I stood up for another employee when they got yelled at for my rookie mistake on my first day.

Nearest Tilted Kilt is in Killeen, of all places. I'm in Dallas - never heard of it.

Preoptopus posted:

You know I'm not against being in the company of scantly dressed woman, and i enjoy the occasional trip to the strip club. I feel like i have the constitution to be a pleasant customer and not be a weirdo. but you just know the amount of perverts and creeps that places like that attract make them unbearable to be at.

Yeah, that's where I run into A Problem.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Steadiman posted:

Keep up the good work Elon

Very cool

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

It's going to be fun growing up surrounded by pathological liars.

https://twitter.com/insidertechbiz/status/1607000087477063682

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Kingo Ligma posted:

Jesus loving Christ you can say "attempted to kidnap and rape" if that's the case. The only exception is if the bikini coffee lady is underage and the sex pest is a mod.

Unironically lurk more

Reported!

Haha prepare for your sixer buddy

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

kdrudy posted:

The kid would make a better CEO than Elon I bet.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

kdrudy posted:

Elon can read to his kid and learn something too!

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Droogie posted:

A stock has value because it can give you cash dividends in the future, but today’s value of those dividends is unknown and can vary based on future company performance, economic conditions, and interest rates. So you have a bunch of people who don’t agree on what those future values will be making decisions based on their own estimates, and a bunch of people who are trying to guess what other people’s estimates are to see if they can angle into making money by screwing other people over.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
Some people are touchy about the word "trafficked" because there is an entire genre of bullshit stories and urban legends about trafficking that have been accepted by the average American as fact.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...icking-airport/

quote:

“I came in from a trip I’d been on and I spotted — it looked odd,” McCain, co-chair of the governor’s Arizona Human Trafficking Council and wife of the late senator John McCain (R-Ariz.), told KTAR News on Monday. “It was a woman of a different ethnicity than the child, this little toddler she had, and something didn’t click with me. I tell people: Trust your gut. I went over to the police and told them what I thought, and they went over and questioned her. And by God, she was trafficking that kid.”
But as it turns out, the Phoenix Police Department on Wednesday disputed that any human trafficking had taken place that day in statements to other local Phoenix news outlets, leading McCain to issue an apology. The longtime advocate for human trafficking victims and the mother of an adopted Bangladeshi daughter, McCain said she hoped the mistake would not deter others from abiding by the DHS motto.
The case fits in with others in recent years in which parents of children whose skin color or ethnicity differs from theirs fell under suspicion from other travelers or authorities at airports.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Quick question. What's up with the crappy armor he is wearing in his profile pic? What is it from? Why is he wearing it? Kinda reminds me of my friend's kid who basically wears various super hero outfits everywhere.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Elon can read to his kid and learn something too!

I don’t believe Elon can read

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

geonetix posted:

I don’t believe Elon can read

Is he having is mom read all the tweets to him so he can reply then or what?

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

His mom, Siri, grimes. It’s not unlikely

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

reminder that Grimes is also dumb as poo poo

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Preoptopus posted:

You know I'm not against being in the company of scantly dressed woman, and i enjoy the occasional trip to the strip club. I feel like i have the constitution to be a pleasant customer and not be a weirdo. but you just know the amount of perverts and creeps that places like that attract make them unbearable to be at.
I spoke to all the strippers in your area, and they all said you're a weirdo pervert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Kingo Ligma posted:

Unironically lurk more

Alright. I'd say "sorry" but I'm not.