Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Ignis posted:

https://twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/status/1608192360239824898

Not content with someone else being character of the month, Matt Walsh jumps between Greta and Tate weird nerd style

What makes this even funnier to me is that it wasn’t anywhere close to a great insult, it was just a quick little shitpost. The post wasn’t good or funny, it’s the response that makes it amazing and powerful because all these alpha males are ridiculously predictable. Tate isn’t worth a good and creative insult, would go right over his head. The collective meltdown they’re all having over a really lovely joke is a delight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

People like Walsh and Tate never learned the art of picking fights online: knowing when to stop while you're behind. They always double down and turn an inventive shitpost into a major thing because their reaction make it clear that it got under their tissue paper-thickness skin.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

People like Walsh and Tate never learned the art of picking fights online: knowing when to stop while you're behind. They always double down and turn an inventive shitpost into a major thing because their reaction make it clear that it got under their tissue paper-thickness skin.

Yup someone should make a browser extension that locks you out of posting when it detects you’re getting owned online to prevent the pathetic double down, lol.

Just walk away and it all gets forgotten in minutes to hours.

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

Here is a recap of Grimes and the boat, an incredibly stupid tale. It is really worth a deep dive. I just love how little distance was covered during this grand adventure.

https://www.startribune.com/this-boat-don-t-float/49134952/

Claire Boucher and William Gratz had their sights set on the southern reaches of the Mississippi River when they packed their chickens, a sewing machine and 20 pounds of potatoes into a houseboat they crafted from scratch.

Calling themselves Veruschka and Zelda Xox, river names worthy of the grand adventure they envisioned, the young couple pushed off from the riverbank in north Minneapolis the first week of June.

But their journey ended only a few miles downstream after engine trouble and a three-week tangle with the cops. The Minneapolis park police trailed them from river bank to river bank, as Boucher and Gratz tried to get their boat in working order, often tying up to trees and hopping ashore to gather supplies from Craigslist and hardware stores.

Now their vessel, the "Velvet Glove Cast in Iron," is marooned in the Minneapolis impound lot. The chickens were seized by animal control, and Boucher, 21, and Gratz, 23, have abandoned their hope of reliving the enduring tradition of river lore.

"Even though it's sad this happened, it's still an adventure," Boucher said.

The trouble began, as it often does, with a sudden twist of fate and an encounter with the law.

Boucher, who's from Vancouver, B.C., and Gratz, from Tennessee, met at school in Montreal. The idea for the river journey was hatched last fall. After months of Internet research, they made the 25-hour trip to Bemidji, Minn., where a friend allowed them to build the boat on his property. For more than a month, they toiled over the engineering of the 20-foot boat to make sure it floated. They installed accordion folding doors, glass windows, pink shutters and painted murals in black, white and red paint of fantastical creatures on the sides. Strangers gave them bikes, a mattress and the sewing machine (powered by on-board batteries). They got a copy of Mark Twain's "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn," which neither of them had read.

"I always wanted to live on a boat," Boucher said. "We both wanted to go south and live on it when we got to New Orleans."

They hauled it to north Minneapolis and shoved off from land the first week of June. Moments later, their engine began to sputter and gurgle. They made it to the other side of the river and tied the boat to a tree, determined to repair the motor and be on their way again in a few days.

They were awakened one morning by Minneapolis park police officer Rob Mooney tapping the side of their boat with a stick. Mooney gave them until the next Tuesday to gather life jackets, paddles and other supplies, despite a Minneapolis park ordinance forbidding boats from tying up to any tree, shrub or post in a park without a permit. The officer said the couple never told him about their engine trouble.

"I love the idea of the Tom Sawyer adventure," Mooney said. "The problem is it's not 1883. You can't do that anymore. You have to follow the rules."

When Mooney returned a week later and saw Boucher and Gratz's chickens grazing and signs of camping, they were given citations for camping and alcohol consumption in the park and told to move along.

"We were just trying to get our act together so we could get out of the Twin Cities," Gratz said. "We didn't want to float down the river out of control."

The next leg of their journey was much more precarious. After entering the channel without a working motor, they began to drift toward rocks jutting out of the water. Surrounded by caution signs, they frantically pushed away from the danger using sticks. They reached an island north of the Lowry Bridge.

The island seemed to be a haven for canoes and other boats, they said, so they set up camp and made plans to resume their search for a working motor over the next week. Swimming was the only way to reach the river bank, so several times a day they would jump in the water and bring back tools wrapped in plastic bags.

Fate of the journey uncertain

The tranquility of the island didn't last long. This time, the Hennepin County Sheriff Office's water patrol showed up and told all of the boaters to leave by that evening in advance of the Lowry Bridge demolition on Sunday. Another boat towed the Velvet Glove Cast in Iron to Boom Island, where the final showdown would take place.

Mooney said when he spotted the houseboat there, he'd had enough.

"I personally allowed them for a couple weeks to try to solve the problem on their own," he said. "It was clear that they couldn't get it done."

The city loaded the houseboat onto a flatbed trailer and took it away.

On Thursday, Boucher and Gratz took a city bus to the impound lot to retrieve whatever they could carry from the boat. They searched for a jar of wild rice so they could make dinner for the strangers who are letting the couple stay with them for a few nights.

The couple say they can't afford to fix the minor damage from the towing or have the boat hauled back to the river. They're planning to continue their trip south by bus. The chickens can't be reclaimed without a Minneapolis address and permit, so they will be sent to a chicken farm. Its fate uncertain, the Velvet Glove Cast in Iron rests next to burned-up and smashed car carcasses.

Boucher and Gratz still have a few people rooting for them.

"I would love for them to go," Mooney said. "I hope they do it."

Carwash Cunt fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Dec 29, 2022

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

I mean I don't mean to break TOS but someone seriously needs to viciously beat the christ out of Musk while screaming at him to SHUT THE gently caress UP JUST SHUT THE loving gently caress UP SHUT UP FUUUUUUUUCK SHUT UP

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Steadiman posted:

What makes this even funnier to me is that it wasn’t anywhere close to a great insult, it was just a quick little shitpost.

Hard disagree. It was both.

It's so good that there's just no comeback.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

boo_radley posted:

Hey guise ~ 🎶

:lol:

:fuckoff:

This poo poo better not be real, because if this dude is honestly suggesting that his employees volunteer for free to deliver his cars he can kiss everyone's rear end

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Gonna be wild when Greta gets banned on Twitter for murderz

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Ignis posted:

Not content with someone else being character of the month, Matt Walsh jumps between Greta and Tate weird nerd style

Dude is upset his fellow Man-child got his head caved in by a 19 year old

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

Carwash oval office posted:

The Minneapolis park police trailed them from river bank to river bank, as Boucher and Gratz tried to get their boat in working order, often tying up to trees and hopping ashore to gather supplies from Craigslist and hardware stores.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W3jl0S67WU&t=228s

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

TulliusCicero posted:

Dude is upset his fellow Man-child got his head caved in by a 19 year old

Who, at the age of 19, is a bitter old past-her-biological prime barren spinster according to Matterford Walsh. because he's really into young teenage girls and spends a lot of time on YouTube talking about their genitals!

Charles Ford
Nov 27, 2004

The Earth is a farm. We are someone else’s Ford Focus.

TulliusCicero posted:

:fuckoff:

This poo poo better not be real, because if this dude is honestly suggesting that his employees volunteer for free to deliver his cars he can kiss everyone's rear end

The "get cars to customers before Dec 31" certainly seems realistic - every quarter they do discounts/offers to try and squeeze as many cars in at the last minute to make the subsequent sales numbers look as good as possible. It's been going on for years, and usually involves cash discounts, free supercharging for x miles or x years, and so on.

Given they suddenly seem to have surplus cars and not a year's waiting list I assume he's even more desperate than usual to ship as many at the last second.

(this feels like a weird system to me, though - like, why always attempt a sales speedrun at the last second? Why not just try to be consistent, on average the numbers should end up the same?)

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Jonathan Frakes has been quite obviously hacked and somebody trying to scam his fans saying he is selling signed MacBook pros for $600 for charity.

Can't link it cause locked account, can't post screenshot cause imgur isn't working for me for some reason

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

goatface posted:

Because she's a loving weirdo.

so am I and I only put bugles on my fingers right before I eat them

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Lmao that giving someone a fake email in a joke means that you are saying it's your email?

How dumb as pigshit are you Matt?

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Dec 29, 2022

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Ignis posted:

he also probably thinks when he asks for a girl's number and they give him the rejection hotline, it's because they actually work there

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

TulliusCicero posted:

Lmso that giving someone a fake email in a joke means that you are saying it's your email?

How dumb as pigshit are you Matt?

Cut him some slack, he did a whole movie talking about how he's so stupid he doesn't know what the gently caress a woman is.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Wait, so you're telling me that when I asked out that girl in 10th grade and she told me her number was 1-800-gently caress-OFF I should have called her?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Charles Ford posted:

The "get cars to customers before Dec 31" certainly seems realistic - every quarter they do discounts/offers to try and squeeze as many cars in at the last minute to make the subsequent sales numbers look as good as possible. It's been going on for years, and usually involves cash discounts, free supercharging for x miles or x years, and so on.

Given they suddenly seem to have surplus cars and not a year's waiting list I assume he's even more desperate than usual to ship as many at the last second.

(this feels like a weird system to me, though - like, why always attempt a sales speedrun at the last second? Why not just try to be consistent, on average the numbers should end up the same?)

It's a fake

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
People are acting like this is the greatest insult of all time and pretending not to notice that she completely fumbled it by having the reply sent to Matt Walsh's email address

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Serious_Cyclone posted:

People are acting like this is the greatest insult of all time and pretending not to notice that she completely fumbled it by having the reply sent to Matt Walsh's email address

If everyone agrees but you do t you think that means maybe you are wrong

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Serious_Cyclone posted:

:master:

:hmbol:

Holy poo poo

Someone with Twitter please say this :allears:

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Greta roasted him so hard it appears he got raided by armed police and is in custody.

https://www.dexerto.com/entertainment/andrew-tates-luxury-villa-reportedly-raided-by-armed-police-in-romania-2019584/

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Carwash oval office posted:

Here is a recap of Grimes and the boat, an incredibly stupid tale. It is really worth a deep dive. I just love how little distance was covered during this grand adventure.

https://www.startribune.com/this-boat-don-t-float/49134952/

This was a really fun read lol

I wonder if the boat was sold at police auction or what the fate of it eventually was

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Catastrophe posted:

I mean I don't mean to break TOS but someone seriously needs to viciously beat the christ out of Musk while screaming at him to SHUT THE gently caress UP JUST SHUT THE loving gently caress UP SHUT UP FUUUUUUUUCK SHUT UP

SA needs a version of that screaming pillow from that episode of It's Always Sunny

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Actually the tweet was an AOE spell that caused everyone around him to corncob as well.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

CharlestheHammer posted:

If everyone agrees but you do t you think that means maybe you are wrong

I'm not sure what you're on about, but I have evolved past the need for people to disagree with me in order to feel like I'm perpetually wrong about everything, I am imposter syndrome in a skin suit

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

FINNISH HIM!

e: swedish, but close.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I didn't know Greta had a Fatality

Nice

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Imagine getting roasted so bad by a Scandinavian child that the Romanian police need to file an incident report about it

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Greta is drat near 20 years old, she's an adult. A young adult but an adult nonetheless.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ignis posted:

Didn't he also say something like "You were hot 10 years ago now nobody cares about you"

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Konar posted:

Dunno this looks pretty smart to me
Reminder that outfit was some kind of high fashion dystopiapunk get up for, like, rich burning man attendees and the cloak itself was probably in the thousands of dollars. Lol

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Imagine getting roasted so bad by a Scandinavian child that the Romanian police need to file an incident report about it
Victim reportedly was "Not mad" and "not owned" as he showed off his robes of many colors and what seemed to be pleased vehicles from UrbanExotics.net.

Megaraptor
Dec 10, 2004

Life, uh...finds a way

Arrested on human trafficking charges, god bless us everyone

https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1608579305378041858?s=46&t=WFO_Erq6WAl_HArXM-D9Cg

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Megaraptor posted:

Arrested on human trafficking charges, god bless us everyone

Now I see why Matt Walsh was jumping to his defense

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Steadiman posted:

What makes this even funnier to me is that it wasn’t anywhere close to a great insult, it was just a quick little shitpost. The post wasn’t good or funny, it’s the response that makes it amazing and powerful because all these alpha males are ridiculously predictable. Tate isn’t worth a good and creative insult, would go right over his head. The collective meltdown they’re all having over a really lovely joke is a delight

I was thinking the same thing. It's the sort of lame barb a normal person would brush off but instead it's gone straight under his tissue paper skin with the precision a Ukrainian HIMARS crew would be proud of.

That video he posted in response is amazing. Is he always like that? It's like he googled "how does an aristocrat act" and tried to imitate the results.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
https://twitter.com/Esqueer_/status/1608579412588650496?s=20&t=VU8iT11B-BUdycINCY0AdQ

BlancoNino
Apr 26, 2010

Holy poo poo he was so salty about Thunberg that he got his dumbass arrested.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

good lord she banished him to the shadow realm with that tweet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

How Delightful