Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Bryan Alvarez??

Confused??????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Bryan Alvarez the radio character is a bear of very little brain.

This may also crossover into real life, he did pay for a lot of phone lines at once, got worked for a haircut and probably buys 24kt HDMI cables but this is harder to determine.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

HidaO-Win posted:

Bryan Alvarez the radio character is a bear of very little brain.

This may also crossover into real life, he did pay for a lot of phone lines at once, got worked for a haircut and probably buys 24kt HDMI cables but this is harder to determine.

“I know I’m getting the best image quality, Vinny. You know WHY? Because these cables, they have GOLD on them! Twenty-four karat! I have GOLD cables!”
“Bryan, I know gold is a good conductor of electricity, but…. *sigh* you know what, let’s move on.”
“GOLD, VINNY! THEY’RE GOLD. I feel like that guy in that Mike Myers movie, the one with the gold penis gimmick?”
“Goldmember?”
“YES! I am GOLD MEMBER.”
“I’m sure your wife is very proud.”

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I can hear it

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Especially the unnecessary gap in GOLD MEMBER

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

sleep with the vicious posted:

Bryan being baffled by the rules of the aew trios battle royal is a little sad imo

he’s an incredibly stupid man. And I love him

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Bryan being a very stupid man is important. If Dave steamrolled over someone less dumb, like Vinny, we would feel bad for him. Dave steamrolling over Bryan is hilarious because Bryan would do that to anyone else while being stupid.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

The Smackdown episode the boys reviewed sounds awful.

Also, I can’t believe the original name for Voodoo Kin Mafia was the Very Kool Men.

My theory is that the best Deadlock episodes (and the best wrestling TV in general) have a ton of different plates spinning. You tune in for one specific plate, and then you come in and the other dozen blow your mind. The problem with episodes after 2008 (or holiday episodes like this) is that WWE just hates having more than one plate they care about spinning at any one time. So you get one cool thing they care about for a holiday episode (Bautista doing a fun bit, Alberto del Rio running over Santa, whatever), and then they don't give a poo poo about doing anything entertaining for the other 1-2 hours.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Bryan being a very stupid man is important. If Dave steamrolled over someone less dumb, like Vinny, we would feel bad for him. Dave steamrolling over Bryan is hilarious because Bryan would do that to anyone else while being stupid.

I like when Dave shoots down some dumb theory or idea Bryan is obsessed with and then Bryan spends the next few days going on his other shows and steamrolling Mike and Vinny and whoever else is around with his dumb idea since Dave was a brick wall.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/cmpuls3/status/1607885995524984834

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lmao

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

1glitch0 posted:

I like when Dave shoots down some dumb theory or idea Bryan is obsessed with and then Bryan spends the next few days going on his other shows and steamrolling Mike and Vinny and whoever else is around with his dumb idea since Dave was a brick wall.

We're now at month three of Face Turn MJF

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

The Smackdown episode the boys reviewed sounds awful.

Also, I can’t believe the original name for Voodoo Kin Mafia was the Very Kool Men.

I thought initially they said it was one of the Gunns who sat down at the computer, went to thesaurus sites and worked out something for VKM that wasn't good, but at least it wasn't Very Kool Men.

Sadly it was Road Doggggggggg's son :(

Quantum of Phallus posted:

And I can both love him and find him incredibly frustrating to listen to sometimes. This includes him not seemingly getting that MJF being a face for 3 months might affect his heat long term.

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Dec 28, 2022

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Dan Ryckert is a odd fellow.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Today’s WOL may have had the best intro ever.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1608143166938710018?t=bq-lJJgZsbZzQqkO1IYVtQ&s=19

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

dave is right again

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

To be fair, buff is the stuff. Nobody ever called flex kavana or whatever his new name is "the stuff"

PunishedEnzoMatrix
Jul 29, 2022

by Hand Knit
Buff rules

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I wonder if that's ever been a podcaster or blogger's "thing", still calling rock Flex Kavana as an own on him. It seems about fitting.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

projecthalaxy posted:

I wonder if that's ever been a podcaster or blogger's "thing", still calling rock Flex Kavana as an own on him. It seems about fitting.

Yeah there was a guy who wrote for 411 who did it for years and years.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Yeah there was a guy who wrote for 411 who did it for years and years.

lol cool.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

The Cameo posted:

“I know I’m getting the best image quality, Vinny. You know WHY? Because these cables, they have GOLD on them! Twenty-four karat! I have GOLD cables!”
“Bryan, I know gold is a good conductor of electricity, but…. *sigh* you know what, let’s move on.”
“GOLD, VINNY! THEY’RE GOLD. I feel like that guy in that Mike Myers movie, the one with the gold penis gimmick?”
“Goldmember?”
“YES! I am GOLD MEMBER.”
“I’m sure your wife is very proud.”
Why do I feel like I actually got into an argument with Bryan about Monster Cables once?

doos
Jan 1, 2015

tell 'em, tony!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Lol, Dave's reaction when he hears about a match that was announced for next week (a small Rampage spoiler I presume): "UGH!" (Danielson vs Tony Nese)

(WOR 1:04:30)

Kennel fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Dec 29, 2022

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Hahaha

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Why does Dave hate the Premier Athlete :(

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Seams posted:

Why does Dave hate the Premier Athlete :(

Because he like all right thinking individuals knows nese is a total jannetty and it should be kcaleb ckonley in that spot

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

nese sucks

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Nese is cool

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Nese is really good, has fun matches every time out and is part of a fun act.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Nese will forever have the 205 Live stink on him.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Stall_19 posted:

just live shane strickland and kota ibushi

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

tony nese da good match jobber

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Local jobber catches sapolski's eye, gets teamed with so cal val - PREMIER ATHLETE BRAND. Many such cases!

And now he gets to exist in an area while Josh the Goods Woods and Smart Mark Sterling get over.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

If dave doesn't like neese then he's bad, there's no point arguing

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Stall_19 posted:

No clue what that is.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Alaois posted:

just live shane strickland and kota ibushi

Was Swerve ever on 205 Live? I never watched it but I thought he was only ever a regular on NXT.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

TL posted:

Was Swerve ever on 205 Live? I never watched it but I thought he was only ever a regular on NXT.

He even faced Tony Nese on the 6/26/20 205 live! He had several matches for the brand.

E: his last 205 match would now be an opener on any rampage in the country:

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Dec 30, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
The thing is Swerve at least has Hit Row on nxt to remember him by. All Tony Nese was in wwe was 205 live.