Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

The IMC ants story is that he started complaining of ants streaming out of his keyboard, people said it's obvious his living space was so dirty he gets them, he claims it's not and attributed it to being in Malaysia, and then Malaysians came in and refuted him completely saying there was no way for ants to start streaming out of keyboards unless you are extremely dirty or live inside a fruit orchard.

During the pandemic he claims he's living in Malaysia (he was using it as a point of how lockdown doesn't work etc) but all these photos are news photos rather than his own, and like i said, I don't think anyone has claimed to have genuinely seen him in real life

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1251100049997574144?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also to clarify, Ian Miles Cheong was a pretty banal video game review guy who occasionally posted generic lib talking points, and then he read a single review where a black dude went 'i liked witcher 3 but itd be cool if a couple more black guys were in it' and lost his mind so hard he immediately became a hardcore alt-right guy. this is his origin story. whenever you see him trying to flex about anything remember that this guy changedh is entire life and disavowed all his friends because someone wanted there to be two black guys in a 120 hour long video game.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Ok so I'd never heard of this Andrew Tate guy, but basically:

1) He has a habit of pretending to be in a relationship with Romanian women to coerce them into sex work (aka human trafficking).
2) He has a habit of posting videos bragging about 1, because it's "alpha male behaviour" or some bullshit.
3) Romanian police have been very interested in 1, as well as his very public confessions in 2, and were just waiting for the right moment to arrest him.
4) Elon Musk unbanned him from Twitter, because what's a little human trafficking between bros?
5) Andrew Tate takes a swing at Greta Thunberg with his newly-unbanned account, but gets owned harder than anyone has ever been owned on Twitter before.
6) His manhood demands that he post a reply video, in which there is a box of pizza from a Romanian company, confirming to Romanian police that he is in the country.
7) Romanian police raid his mansion and arrest him for rape and human trafficking.

Or, TL;DR, some mens rights douchebag took a swing at Greta, and she owned him so hard he got arrested.

Do I have this about right?

That's about right, but 0) He moved from the US to Romania because Romania is more lenient on sex crimes

Mr. Toodles
Jun 22, 2004

I support prison abolition, except for posters without avatars.

The one thing that has remained a constant for me in this thread is that I have absolutely no idea who the chuds are that get mentioned and I have zero desire to google any of them to have their fetid existence take up room in my brain.

I do love that an absolute waste of space got destroyed by a woman, and then destroyed himself some more. One thing I do wonder about is what do the women in that spaces chat think of the guy whose friend is trafficking women.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

also a less-known bit of IMC lore which was revealed in this thread:

Entorwellian posted:

Yeah his parents are rich and he as failed at pretty much everything he's done, so he gets unlimited chances in life.
I knew him when he was a kid on ventrillo and as vocal member on nma-fallout like 20-25 years ago, a fallout fansite, and he was one of the worst posters on there. His name was Rex/Sol Invictus and he was insulted and ridiculed frequently.
He went on to make hellgate-guru, the second biggest fansite for Hellgate: London. I remember he had his picture taken with a bunch of booth babes and models + a luxury sports car and we were all making fun of him for it, asking how much he had to pay for them to stand next to him that long. The game didn't do too well and he ended up shutting down his site. He got very drunk and started crying about how no one likes him and how he is a failure. I kind of stopped talking to him after that.

Cue Gamergate, Milo, Andy Ngo and now Elon. He fails upwards.

It *would* be interesting to know who is parents are, though.

E: Re Tate, I was explaining to someone else who didn't know he was literally committing crimes, that the whole reason he went to Romania is to traffic women. But as a cover up of that he told people he went there because the age of consent is lower and they have more lax rape laws

Which meant his cover up story is literally "I intend to rape"

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Endorph posted:

also to clarify, Ian Miles Cheong was a pretty banal video game review guy who occasionally posted generic lib talking points, and then he read a single review where a black dude went 'i liked witcher 3 but itd be cool if a couple more black guys were in it' and lost his mind so hard he immediately became a hardcore alt-right guy. this is his origin story. whenever you see him trying to flex about anything remember that this guy changedh is entire life and disavowed all his friends because someone wanted there to be two black guys in a 120 hour long video game.

Was it genuine outrage or just another grifter jumping on the right wing bandwagon for the easy money?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

bird with big dick posted:

Has Tate posted dick pics anywhere

:nws: TRIGGER WARNING, ANDREW TATE'S DICK:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Mr. Toodles posted:

The one thing that has remained a constant for me in this thread is that I have absolutely no idea who the chuds are that get mentioned and I have zero desire to google any of them to have their fetid existence take up room in my brain.

Yeah that's how I feel about all the boebert mtg stuff, it's cool if everyone likes to laugh at it but I'm not reading that fuckin poo poo.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Infinitum posted:

How the gently caress do these people exist? They're like cartoon villains, but somehow dumber and shittier

A complete lack of scruples and a willingness to commit to the grift completely. Like a complete sociopath level amorality and lack of shame, only without the courage to just go out and start killing people. Though as Milo and other folks like Carl Benjamin, ect. have proven, it's not a sustainable life and the wave will only carry you so far for so long before it dumps you out to sea and you're forgotten about in favor of the next wave of griftshits.

Offler
Mar 27, 2010

Robo Reagan posted:

all of elons friends are having a meeting so expect him to roll out some new talking points

Just a normal day when most members of Elon's junta cabinet decide to hold a crisis meeting about a loser arrested for human trafficking in Romania, which I guess they're angry about?

Imagine the heights Twitter/Elon/Tesla could reach next year with this gang as his brain trust.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Has Musk said anything since Tate got busted?

Cause if he hasn't, he's worried. And it ain't Tate he's worried about so much as what he has or knows.

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013

The Saddest Rhino posted:

The IMC ants story is that he started complaining of ants streaming out of his keyboard, people said it's obvious his living space was so dirty he gets them, he claims it's not and attributed it to being in Malaysia, and then Malaysians came in and refuted him completely saying there was no way for ants to start streaming out of keyboards unless you are extremely dirty or live inside a fruit orchard.

During the pandemic he claims he's living in Malaysia (he was using it as a point of how lockdown doesn't work etc) but all these photos are news photos rather than his own, and like i said, I don't think anyone has claimed to have genuinely seen him in real life

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1251100049997574144?s=20

I guess that's why Jorp tells chuds to clean their drat rooms because so many of them live like poo poo. Asmongold, man who just compared Andrew Tate getting arrested to Martin Luther King's persecution by the American government, also famously lived like a pig.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:

jeffreyw posted:

I guess that's why Jorp tells chuds to clean their drat rooms because so many of them live like poo poo. Asmongold, man who just compared Andrew Tate getting arrested to Martin Luther King's persecution by the American government, also famously lived like a pig.

I'm shocked that the most prolific World of Warcraft streamer would live like this!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

rear end mongol

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006

i didn't buy shit. i don't know what the fuck is going on.

jeffreyw posted:

i was curious about this but it's like a 25 minute video if it's the one he uploaded recently. can you give me a time stamp?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
other fun Antman facts, he's a foreign national thats obsesses with the US. I mean fair, the US flipping a coin every four two years to make the world a worse place faster or slight slower is an important issue. but then being ignorant about major cultural memes like the DQ Blizzard Upside down test is un excusable.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Musk must be rewriting the TOS so that what Greta did somehow counts as doxxing.

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013

Denim Dude posted:

i was curious about this but it's like a 25 minute video if it's the one he uploaded recently. can you give me a time stamp?

I don't know the source of this image because he keeps reverting back to living like poo poo whenever he does decide to clean up. This is a man so lazy that he just leaves half eaten meals in his room to rot over several months and at one time stole forks from Taco Bell because he couldn't be bothered washing his used cutlery.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

jeffreyw posted:

Saw the pic before who it was and knew instantly this was Asmongold.

Dude had cockroaches all over his room at one point.
Absolute cult of personality around him encouraging it.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
I think his place is cleaner now, but Asmongold has a weird pride about it because it means he hasn't changed at all since he got famous. Maybe he's right

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
also who da gently caress are those other 5 or 6 people?

like Antman and MegaUpload guy are notable, Wallstreet Silver has been posted in this thread before, but the rest ?? are they all tiny dick losers that spent 8$ for a blue check mark?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Dragonstoned posted:

I'm not sure if its true but apparently the reason the pizza box was there at all was because its not made from recycled cardboard and it was another pathetic "take that climate activist!" :smug: thing

I really hope its true because it would be :discourse:

https://twitter.com/Thinkythebrain/status/1608606293778124802

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006

jeffreyw posted:

I don't know the source of this image because he keeps reverting back to living like poo poo whenever he does decide to clean up. This is a man so lazy that he just leaves half eaten meals in his room to rot over several months and at one time stole forks from Taco Bell because he couldn't be bothered washing his used cutlery.

no I'm well aware he lives in filth but he doesn't seem like the kind of person who would compare andrew tate getting arrested to the persecution of MLK. I'm wondering about the context.

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Unintentional comedy article here:

quote:

Former Russian President Dmitry Medvedev, an arch loyalist of Vladimir Putin given a new job this week, predicted war between Germany and France next year and a civil war in the United States that would lead to Elon Musk becoming president.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/star-rising-kremlin-russias-medvedev-predicts-war-west-2022-12-27/

Maybe it’s ever so slightly possible though. Nothing surprises me anymore.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Concerning.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Ian Miles Chong was a big-time reddit moderator for awhile but got banned for being a poo poo person

He also got banned from Something Awful multiple times for being a poo poo person

Here's a real banger of a 2006 thread
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=1806557&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post307186476

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
You've got to wonder.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

the slurs in the first few replies really seal it

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Sourdough Sam posted:

I'm shocked that the most prolific World of Warcraft streamer would live like this!

I honestly am shocked whenever I see a picture like this, what the gently caress is wrong with this person

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

QuarkJets posted:

Ian Miles Chong was a big-time reddit moderator for awhile but got banned for being a poo poo person

He also got banned from Something Awful multiple times for being a poo poo person

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=1806557&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post307186476

Even Moof thought he was a creep.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Denim Dude posted:

Dude is just farming content. It's why he's number 2 for most watched for the year on twitch.

https://www.dexerto.com/entertainment/asmongold-criticized-for-comparing-andrew-tates-arrest-to-martin-luther-king-jr-2019936/

quote:

The Twitch star claimed “the government frames people all the time”, and there’s a chance Andrew Tate could be used as a martyr like “they tried to f**k with Martin Luther King” due to corruption.

“‘What’s the probability that the government wants to frame the Tate brothers?’ I don’t know, probably 50%. The government frames people all the time ⁠— from any of the leaks, from the way they tried to f**k with Martin Luther King, yeah absolutely the government f**ks with people.

“Is Romania better than the US? I don’t know. I have no idea. I think it’s a very high chance they wanted to frame him. It’s not that it’s true, but it’s possible. A lot of things are possible. I don’t trust the governments.”

He was quick to add just because he’s distrusting of the government doesn’t mean he’s automatically on Tate’s side: “Why would you think I trust Andrew Tate? You think I can only trust the government or Andrew Tate? What if they’re both lying? Don’t put words into my mouth.”

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

They're going to frame him for all of these crimes that he spends all day talking about doing and having done

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013

Denim Dude posted:

no I'm well aware he lives in filth but he doesn't seem like the kind of person who would compare andrew tate getting arrested to the persecution of MLK. I'm wondering about the context.

The context is that he believes that there's a 50% chance that Andrew Tate is being framed by the government just like Matin Luther King because governments are corrupt.

Which is basically the take from every chud on the internet screaming that and "innocent until proven guilty. This is despite Andrew Tate telling his audience many times about using coercing women and even being caught on video beating up a woman.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

QuarkJets posted:

Incredibly appropriate that basically everything on his rapsheet is for helldumping given how he became a massive gamergator.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

QuarkJets posted:

:nws: TRIGGER WARNING, ANDREW TATE'S DICK:

a shamefully small glizzy

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

jeffreyw posted:

The context is that he believes that there's a 50% chance that Andrew Tate is being framed by the government just like Matin Luther King because governments are corrupt.

Which is basically the take from every chud on the internet screaming that and "innocent until proven guilty. This is despite Andrew Tate telling his audience many times about using coercing women and even being caught on video beating up a woman.

yikes

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

bird with big dick posted:

a shamefully small glizzy

Amazing how he found a hotdog small enough to make his hands look big.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Gotta say, 2022 was a good year for memes. We got the death of Elisabeth II, Musk buying Twitter (after trying every way to wiggle out of it) has it crash and burn, Ye going on Holocaust denial binges, Alex Jones owing a billion or two to people who’s lives he made a living hell, and now Greta Thunberg dunks a child trafficker down so hard he gets yeeted by Romanian military police.

One of these things on its own would make this a good year for Internet drama. Here’s to 2023! :allears:

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006

jeffreyw posted:

drat. He got in to my youtube algorithm because i was looking for elden ring game play footage and his was the most entertaining. I usually just stick to his clips that are like 2 minutes long and he seemed ok. What a dumb rear end thing to say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
ah yes 50:50

the Large Hadron Coll. also has a 50:50 chance of destroying theworld , it either happens or doesnt. - some dumbass CNN let say poo poo on national tv.