Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Scallop Eyes posted:

I can't believe Okarun is loving dead

Yeah, I'm wondering what's up with him (I guess it's him?) having his face covered with a ton of blood seemingly originating from under the sheet. Though Momo also has (among other wounds) some sort of big puncture wound in her shoulder, so I don't think they're taking a realistic view of injuries (I guess you can handwave some stuff with the curse-using characters, though Momo is a regular human physically).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

ch 88
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1015255

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
So clearly the kaiju girl known as vamola isn't the actual alien scout so who or what is the real vamola

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
The biggest twist at this point would be if Vamola really was an actual alien spy and unapologetic villain.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I'm predicting the costume is the spy, Vamola is just an ordinary teen who found it, thought she was a superhero now, and suddenly got teleported to Japan where she doesn't speak the language.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Elfface posted:

I'm predicting the costume is the spy, Vamola is just an ordinary teen who found it, thought she was a superhero now, and suddenly got teleported to Japan where she doesn't speak the language.

I think the main issue with this is that Vamola decided to marry Okarun because he defeated her

Unless it's doing one of those goofy anime things where they make up a fake tiny European nation with weird customs.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I'd be super into it if it turns out she's just French and nobody in the manga is normal enough to figure it out.

"Hey Vamola?"
"Il se prononce en fait Julia, s'il vous plaît."
"Yeah I'm hungry too. Do aliens eat noodles?"

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Ragnar34 posted:

I'd be super into it if it turns out she's just French and nobody in the manga is normal enough to figure it out.

"Hey Vamola?"
"Il se prononce en fait Julia, s'il vous plaît."
"Yeah I'm hungry too. Do aliens eat noodles?"

That would be an Alien :colbert:

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1015187

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Dandadan: I'm sorry, my testicle got taken again

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?
Mr. Shrimp continues to be the most human and relatable character in anime.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
What the gently caress does "globalist from outer space" mean anyway when space is apparently full of various inhabited globes.

And "They are few in number" please please please tell me the author's research didn't go so far down the UFO conspiracy rabbit hole that they've come back with Space Jews

Only half joking and it's probably on the translator, but "imperialist", "expansionist", and other synonyms would seem to have been more appropriate. "Globalist" is just so charged, it's a weird choice

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

The junk collector posted:

Mr. Shrimp continues to be the most human and relatable character in anime.
"I just bought it, I don't know how it works" is an incredibly relatable line.

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Dandadan: I'm sorry, my testicle got taken again

Can we make this the thread title?

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

What the gently caress does "globalist from outer space" mean

i was cracking up so hard at this

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

can anyone check on the Original Japanese on that one, this might be a matter of [Globalist] just sounding like a cool english word

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Patware posted:

can anyone check on the Original Japanese on that one, this might be a matter of [Globalist] just sounding like a cool english word

I just checked and yeah they're just using the English word Globalist in katakana, グローバリスト

Sumigahara Haseo
Nov 22, 2020

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

What the gently caress does "globalist from outer space" mean anyway when space is apparently full of various inhabited globes.

And "They are few in number" please please please tell me the author's research didn't go so far down the UFO conspiracy rabbit hole that they've come back with Space Jews

Only half joking and it's probably on the translator, but "imperialist", "expansionist", and other synonyms would seem to have been more appropriate. "Globalist" is just so charged, it's a weird choice

It's literally "globalists" in the original, but the few in numbers refers to the advance party.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Reposting here case wow:

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
The funniest possible outcome is that it was a malapropism that was meant innocently and 100% literally, because they're fixated on one specific globe, as is the central conceit of all alien-invasion stories. The invaders are Earthaboos who have observed Earth culture and invade because they think Earth is into it. Vamola just wanted to chill and show off her cool Godzilla kigu to her new Earth friends.

Sumigahara Haseo
Nov 22, 2020
They are all just really into balls

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Sumigahara Haseo posted:

They are all just really into balls

Oh glow-ball-ists.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

RuBisCO posted:

Reposting here case wow:

so we've got a star destroyer, Battlestar Galactica(with wings), what looks to be a medical ship from Star Wars, possibly a tron recognizer, what other reference ships are there? They look very modified from their "original" designs, but some definitely seem like references to sci fi series.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I assume the globalists thing is just going all the way down the rabbit hole. They're not Jews, they're the lizard people that secretly control the government.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Elfface posted:

I assume the globalists thing is just going all the way down the rabbit hole. They're not Jews, they're the lizard people that secretly control the government.

Considering we know it's Globalists in katakana, what are the chances that Tatsu knows enough about the conspiracy theory for this to be true?

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

King of Solomon posted:

Considering we know it's Globalists in katakana, what are the chances that Tatsu knows enough about the conspiracy theory for this to be true?

They got the internet in Japan too, I hear.

Well, here's hoping he doesn't turn out to be some cryptofash weirdo :pray:

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

RuBisCO posted:

Reposting here case wow:

ENTER

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence

RuBisCO posted:

Reposting here case wow:

That middle one looks like a combination of Guiron (Knife-headed Kaiju from the first Gamera movie series) and Spamton from Deltarune.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I am reminded of Katana Man from Chainsaw Man.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

And so the "rescue my boyfriend's testicles" arc continues.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Just when i was wondering if Okarun shouldn't simply get some prosthetic nuts and let somebody else have the originals if they want them so bad, it turns out his balls are the key to an alien invasion by dear-god-please-don't-be-the-jews.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
I'm surprised they didn't want his foreskin ayyyyyyy

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

McTimmy posted:

Oh glow-ball-ists.

I just want you to know: I think that was pretty solid.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://mobile.twitter.com/GabPizzaMcAroni/status/1607495177744039937

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

McTimmy posted:

Oh glow-ball-ists.

SpiderLink posted:

I just want you to know: I think that was pretty solid.
Yeah you know what, give them their flowers. That post was a good use of everyone's time.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
I'm pretty confident the author knows exactly how absurd "globalists from outer space" is as a concept.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/seitekisyoudou/status/1612269037689655296

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Goddamn, that rules.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

no ch this week but there's some art
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1015478

sick, wicked sick

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

"I'm home" is still one of the best moments in this series. Holy poo poo that was so cool from a guy wearing his tighty whiteys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Brought To You By posted:

"I'm home" is still one of the best moments in this series. Holy poo poo that was so cool from a guy wearing his tighty whiteys.

everything is going to hinge on the VA's delivery of that line.