Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Too late, it's canon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

A man tazed his balls at Jan 6

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

SRQ posted:

A man tazed his balls at Jan 6

elon is tazing his balls for us every day

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

illegible pie chart posted:

There is no bail system in Romania.

Seems like they have to release him or prove that he should be kept in jail until trial or half his sentence up to a max of 5 years.

https://www.fairtrials.org/app/uploads/2022/01/Criminal-Proceedings-and-Defence-Rights-in-Romania.pdf

quote:

If the prosecutor requests your detention before your trial, you should be brought immediately before a judge who will decide whether or not you should be subject to ‘preventative arrest’. If the judge orders your arrest, you have the right to challenge the decision within 48 hours. The appeal should be heard within 5 days after you file it.

You can only be kept in detention initially for up to 30 days. However, this can be extended by a judge, at the request of the prosecutor, for an additional 30 days at a time. The total period in detention before the closing of criminal investigations should not exceed 180 days.

Generally, pre-trial detention (before the first instance court has delivered its verdict on your case) can last up to the equivalent of half the maximum sentence for the alleged offence, but no more than 5 years.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Considering he's already been evading law enforcement in multiple countries, I wouldn't be surprised if they decide he's a flight risk and keep him locked up.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah it seems fairly easy to justify keeping him locked up. dude is both a proven flight risk and an ongoing menace because who knows what he'd do to the women he had working for him if he thought the clock was ticking.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

It legit doesn't matter, he got chaos dunked on by Greta then GRETA hosed his poo poo up.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

I still think PizzaTate is the most :discourse: name for these events

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I think now the thread title is outdated

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

kilus aof posted:

I saw this:

:lol:

Of course Yacht Club Cargo Cult Masculinity Loafer Boy Tucker is in love with this guy

Like that just makes sense

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Elon Musk: Proprietor of Pizza Tate

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

beer_war posted:

the spokeswoman for the DIICOT public prosecutor's office said when asked by dpa: "These are amusing speculations." It is not true that the box played a role in the arrest.

glad to see even the Romanian feds agree this is funny as hell

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
It’s loving hilarious, even more so now that the right wingers and Tate will clutch on that little misunderstanding in the future to claim his innocence. “ACHSUALLY the pizza box had nothing to do with his arrest, and since one detail in your narrative is incorrect, alphaman is COMPLETELY EXONERATED”.

Brace yourselves, you know it’s coming.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

QuarkJets posted:

Ian Miles Chong was a big-time reddit moderator for awhile but got banned for being a poo poo person

He also got banned from Something Awful multiple times for being a poo poo person

Here's a real banger of a 2006 thread
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=1806557&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post307186476

That first reply lol

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Magnetic North posted:

Getting arrested

because you recorded yourself with a pizza

making your diss video responding to a teenager

after they humiliated you for the entire internet to see

in a fight you started

is just :perfect:
+

egg_dog posted:

Ironically the governing group is called GRETA

https://www.coe.int/en/web/anti-human-trafficking/greta

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

BigglesSWE posted:

It’s loving hilarious, even more so now that the right wingers and Tate will clutch on that little misunderstanding in the future to claim his innocence. “ACHSUALLY the pizza box had nothing to do with his arrest, and since one detail in your narrative is incorrect, alphaman is COMPLETELY EXONERATED”.

Brace yourselves, you know it’s coming.

https://twitter.com/mrianleslie/status/1608773617030139905

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

This is the mentality that creates dumbfucks who assumes that since *they* wouldn’t have a public opinion about the climate without getting paid for it, Greta must be funded by globalist Soros money!

Greta didn’t become a world famous activist for the fun or for the clout. She’s famous because she’s loving pissed and got a movement started.

https://twitter.com/dannyjones20/status/1608801649036001283?s=46&t=_m6MWgi03D3KBWN_-CItUQ

BigglesSWE fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Dec 30, 2022

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

I AM VERY SMRT

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Scratch Monkey posted:

I AM VERY SMRT

Ugh why are people like this, it shouldn't be physically possible to crawl this far up your own rear end

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

So there are two ways of looking at it.

1) Don't let facts get in the way of a good story. The pizza box playing a part in Tates downfall makes for a better story. Keep it in.

2) It is an actual fact and should be regarded as such. Like this wasn't some lie made up. Tate posted a video that had a pizza box in it. He draws attention to the pizza box and how he isn't recycling it for childish reasons. Online detectives (and possibly real world ones) are able to narrow down the pizzerias that box could have come from. Even if the real world authorities had other intel/evidence to draw upon, the Pizza Box did act as a good clue that Tate was somewhere he shouldn't have been when he made that video.

In summary, it's funny so let it ride.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Scratch Monkey posted:

I AM VERY SMRT

That dude looks like he's AI generated with "Smug Dipshit with bad hair" as the key phrase

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

We'll all be owned when Tate gets out of prison in 15 years and tweets "Actually I wasn't arrested because of the pizza box IDIOT, it was because of my many crimes 😂😂😂"

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

The Question IRL posted:

From what I’ve heard prosecutors needed to present proof that Tate was in Romania before they would be given an arrest warrant and photos of him with boxes from the Romanian based pizza chain was enough.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/andrew-tate-arrest-greta-thunberg-pizza-b2253365.html

Are we calling him PizzaTate yet?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Can't believe Tate posted his on Assassination Coordinates so GRETA could murder him a second time

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

I'm shocked we haven't seen any tweet from Elon about this yet.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1608805614603620353?s=20

elon has more important things going on

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSkWrpH3H3Q

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

'no'
'oh okay'

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

He wants to know if he should click on that gizmo.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Scratch Monkey posted:

From what I’ve heard prosecutors needed to present proof that Tate was in Romania before they would be given an arrest warrant and photos of him with boxes from the Romanian based pizza chain was enough.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/andrew-tate-arrest-greta-thunberg-pizza-b2253365.html

Are we calling him PizzaTate yet?

He apparently tweeted he was back in Romania a few days ago so that's why people are saying it wasn't just the pizza.

I mean even if it wasn't the pizza box, that caused this to get a ton more exposure which shines more of a light onto how much of a loving awful person he is. Lots of people don't know who he was which allowed him to peddle his misogyny and toxic masculinity to a wider audience and well everyone knows what he is all about now and he lost a ton of his power by getting owned so badly and hilariously

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

beer_war posted:

https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1608652029538467841?s=20&t=FxDVyVOFPh1AATAPMyFM1A

As funny as it is, I doubt that the pizza box did him in. There really isn't a good source for it apart from some Twitter randos.

Knowing the prick is in the country is one thing. Getting his precise address is another.

Thankfully, all they had to do was call up the pizza place and ask them where they'd sent their most recent deliveries to.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Unlucky7 posted:

I wonder if Elon is going to try to take credit for Andrew Tate being arrested because him unbanning him basically led to it. The other two possibilities are to just stay silent about it, and I don't think he is capable of making things not about himself, or to suspend or penalize Greta in some way, which would be a big misstep.

So really it can go either way.

i think he penalizes greta or keeps silent outside some "interesting" type bullshit.

its because they are weird sociopathic morons who think everyone is like them. they think no one has real beliefs really outside selfishness and bigotries and your lying if you don't. they think everything is the great game or some poo poo.

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

All I know is when elon finally responds to this matter its gonna be
a. disappointing
b. stupider than any of us would guess

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

The Question IRL posted:

So there are two ways of looking at it.

1) Don't let facts get in the way of a good story. The pizza box playing a part in Tates downfall makes for a better story. Keep it in.

2) It is an actual fact and should be regarded as such. Like this wasn't some lie made up. Tate posted a video that had a pizza box in it. He draws attention to the pizza box and how he isn't recycling it for childish reasons. Online detectives (and possibly real world ones) are able to narrow down the pizzerias that box could have come from. Even if the real world authorities had other intel/evidence to draw upon, the Pizza Box did act as a good clue that Tate was somewhere he shouldn't have been when he made that video.

i think its probably an actual fact to a degree. they knew he was in country but weren't fully sure, his dumb insecurity video proved it and showed a very easy way to find him(call pizza place)

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Dec 30, 2022

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i think he penalizes greta or keeps silent outside some "interesting" type bullshit.

its because they are weird sociopathic morons who think everyone is like them. they think no one has real beliefs really outside selfishness and bigotries and your lying if you don't. they think everything is the great game or some poo poo.

ian leslie is even sadder than that

https://twitter.com/mrianleslie/status/747723590913622017

he doesnt even have the bigotries to his name hes just a worm that thinks literally nobody has any beliefs, period

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Knowing the prick is in the country is one thing. Getting his precise address is another.

Thankfully, all they had to do was call up the pizza place and ask them where they'd sent their most recent deliveries to.

He was already arrested at his house in Romania back in April. And, as I pointed out earlier, the public prosecutor's office explicitly denied the pizza box gave him away.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Endorph posted:

he doesnt even have the bigotries to his name hes just a worm that thinks literally nobody has any beliefs, period

He's also a total idiot who's failed his way upwards his entire career, big surprise

https://twitter.com/wispywildcat/status/1349654173932015616

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

gschmidl posted:

Too late, it's canon.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The comedy option increases public interest, so it should be pushed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Endorph posted:

Is this a scam?