Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

CubicalSucrose posted:

There's one for 25. I hope there isn't a 20...

Well, I got it. favour of horus and leyline, even with hexia. spellblade did a ton of work.

No idea how many I'm missing, but it seems likely I'm pretty much done other than random blursed runs, maybe taking a crack at hell all blue, and waiting for more content.

This game is such a gem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008

TravelLog posted:

As stated, build only for damage.

Thanks, I got the 35 and 40 achievements in the same run. Lucking into the "start with a L3 character" blessing giving me Roulette helped a lot, along with some of the rolled items.

Those 2 at least allow Easy. I'm still not sure <25 would be possible in Classic, even on Easy, but I do not have it revealed yet.

Avasculous fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Dec 28, 2022

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

Low turn count really changes the way you play and select blessings/curses/items/heroes: exert is notably less bad.

Also noticed that burst+ doesn't synergize with the cruel burst blessing, and allowing enemies to flee actually consumes a turn. I think a 20 turn run is possible.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Wait, flee consumes a turn? Dang i thought it happened at the end, not the beginning

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
At last.

I have acquired the Most Powerful Item.

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

No achievement for a 20 turn win unfortunately, I think getting a high value curse is important so you can get more than 20 points of blessings. In this case monster dice values don't matter if they never get a turn.

Armorer was the MVP, with the +6 shield/boost sides for sure.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

That is one hell of a set of blessings.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Yeah Hero Pristine is completely busted, I love it.

I'm...glad there's no 20. Very glad.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.
Fantastic set of blessings and well done. Managed a 23 turn win yesterday on Heaven and am happy to see someone hit the 20!

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Huh.

Culka
May 20, 2007
Nothing

This would be pretty busted combined with Wandcraft which turns sides into single use mana sides with their original values.

How do you even get glitch in the new version?

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Get a generated t4 hero (level up x hero blessing, or have a permadead hero I guess) and then have the "reroll a hero's class?" event pop up for them.

I was thinking that face would be funny with the heals -> shields item (Change of Heart?) and the shields -> ranged attacks item (Chakram) :v:

eonblue174
Sep 13, 2011

Still chipping away at the Anthem killer

Chop, chop, chop
The tentacle alone would be a death sentence, revenge killing everyone

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.
Why the gently caress are Death Shield and Slow Spells 1pt curses

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Angry Diplomat posted:

Get a generated t4 hero (level up x hero blessing, or have a permadead hero I guess) and then have the "reroll a hero's class?" event pop up for them.

I was thinking that face would be funny with the heals -> shields item (Change of Heart?) and the shields -> ranged attacks item (Chakram) :v:

So are all Glitches Blues or are there variations for every other color

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

The Mattybee posted:

It makes no sense :negative:

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

If you pair this with the item that causes overheal to deal damage, does the rampage trigger?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Arzaac posted:

If you pair this with the item that causes overheal to deal damage, does the rampage trigger?

It seems like rampage counts anything that dies before the effect is resolved

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

What is the usage of the Terminal keyword where you get 2x vs enemies on 1hp?

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Omnicarus posted:

What is the usage of the Terminal keyword where you get 2x vs enemies on 1hp?

Throw it on a side with Cleave, Mana-Gain, Self-Shield, basically any keyword where you can hit another target or gain more resources from the extra damage.

Also pretty good for making bandits flee.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Can confirm that 25 turns gets you the secret.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

will have to try that, I got 30 on easy and figured that was how low it could go

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Picked this up on Android today and played it basically nonstop. Finally won on normal after 4 deaths on 20. The reflect boss sucks donks.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Skyl3lazer posted:

Picked this up on Android today and played it basically nonstop. Finally won on normal after 4 deaths on 20. The reflect boss sucks donks.

Yes, I hate Hexia very much. It seems I hardly ever get the items that help take it down when that's the boss I face. I'll get thimbles and poo poo all day long when I end up facing the dragon.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Aw, is progress not saved via google play? I went to an emulator on my pc today and none of my unlocks carried over.

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008

The Mattybee posted:

Quoted for truth. Slow Spells isn't always terrible, but one of the easier ways to do good stuff is to make a pile of mana, and Slow Spells just invalidates this strategy unless you have a charged side maybe. Death Shield just does too much for one point, especially in Blursed where you're adding several extra enemies to each fight. It makes bones, fanatics, and summoners particularly more annoying, and it makes all the math hard to boot. It's a lot worse than Armour+. Feels like a 3 point curse tbh.

Unrelated suggestion: There's a bunch of cool curses like Rise and Monster Era that you can get in Brutal but not in Cursed/Blursed cause they don't evolve from one-point curses. I'd love to see an event or occasional option to trade in some low-point curses for a large curse of equivalent total points.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

There's also mortal++++++++++++ or whatever, which is a 40 pointer, limits you to 2 of everything, which sure is a trip and a half.

Hell mode is...a thing.

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here

and the claw won! posted:

Unrelated suggestion: There's a bunch of cool curses like Rise and Monster Era that you can get in Brutal but not in Cursed/Blursed cause they don't evolve from one-point curses. I'd love to see an event or occasional option to trade in some low-point curses for a large curse of equivalent total points.

I'd like it if Blursed occasionally offered an event where you can reroll curses, combine curses, or a blessing that cleanses a number of curses (but not too many). Would feel better when you get an awful curse if there was a chance to reroll at some point.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

You should be able to cleanse a curse of your choice in exchange for bringing up the "choose X points of curses" menu and having to pick like 50% or 100% more points than you cleansed. Would enable some really interesting Blursed long games, and would make unlocking Curse Mastery+ a little easier for people who aren't as into Blursed mode

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

CainFortea posted:

Yes, I hate Hexia very much. It seems I hardly ever get the items that help take it down when that's the boss I face. I'll get thimbles and poo poo all day long when I end up facing the dragon.

Yeah I don't like that the boss punishes any method of dealing damage with the only solution being a rare item. It just seems so much harder than the other end boss (is there a third?).

I know I'm new-ish to the game, but I've gotten a win on Unfair at this point, done maybe 35 runs or so, and I'd be ok with seeing it do either the phys OR spell reflect on each turn.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Your mens don't need to be alive at the end of the fight, just the mobs dead. Part of the strategy for defeating Hexia is working out what sort of trade you can make with your death.

Be shiny and chrome.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Inceltown posted:

Your mens don't need to be alive at the end of the fight, just the mobs dead. Part of the strategy for defeating Hexia is working out what sort of trade you can make with your death.

Be shiny and chrome.

I understand the theory, and have beaten the boss before a few times, it's just much more difficult than dragon and far fewer party compositions can do it. I don't tend to like when a game has a ton of options but only a small slice are viable for beating the game.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

tbh I've died a lot more against the dragon than against hexia, even though it seems a lot more intimidating.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Pain of Mind posted:

I feel like Hexia is the easiest, and checking the stats in the almanac it seems to track with my gut feeling. My loss rate to final bosses:

The Hand: 14%
Dragon: 12%
Hexia: 4%

Hexia you just need to take slow and for the most part it is not that threatening since it only has single damage attacks or a very manageable summon. The Hand can easily wipe you if it decides to AOE 3 rounds in a row and its summons are substantially more threatening.

A modern loss rate update for Hexia chat, though I have not been playing much lately. They all fell behind some from where they were, but Hexia is still the easiest:

The Hand: 8.2%
Dragon: 5.7%
Hexia: 2.6%

Shielding and healing do not take any damage from the damage shield. You don't need to use a die if it will kill the hero for what feels like a poor trade. I have a worse loss % for the Troll King or Slime Queen than Hexia.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Dec 30, 2022

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Hexia does the least damage of all the bosses, and also has the least health. The fight is similar to the Lich fight in that you need to approach it deliberately, rather than the same way you would with a hallway fight. If you have a good source of cleanse, you can grind through as slowly as you'd like, controlling the demons and not overextending beyond your ability to block/heal. Alternately, if you're going for a burst strategy, it needs to be combined with a degree of resistance (Valk immune, Forsaken bind, Venom, etc.)

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Bramble and basalt are worse IMO.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
I've lost way more to Hexia than dragon. 9 losses in 27 fights vs. 3 losses in 32 fights. Take it slow is a rough pill to swallow against a cascading summoner. Yeah, Hexia has less pips on its die and less pips, buy that's because its special abilities are way more brutal. It basically demands specific counterplay and you're screwed if you don't have it. Hand and Dragon are just strong and so only demand that you be stronger.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Wittgen posted:

I've lost way more to Hexia than dragon. 9 losses in 27 fights vs. 3 losses in 32 fights. Take it slow is a rough pill to swallow against a cascading summoner. Yeah, Hexia has less pips on its die and less pips, buy that's because its special abilities are way more brutal. It basically demands specific counterplay and you're screwed if you don't have it. Hand and Dragon are just strong and so only demand that you be stronger.

Unless you think you have a different Hexia than others, odds are you are doing something sub-optimally with regard to hero choices, item choices, or during the fight itself. Hexia does not need some specific counter-play combination (though if you get the dispel potion it does not hurt to hold it to see if you get Hexia), otherwise everyone would have the same problem.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Dec 30, 2022

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Pain of Mind posted:

otherwise everyone would have the same problem.

Given the random nature of class and item picks given in any runs, and the small sample sizes, this isn't true at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Wittgen posted:

Adding to what Pain of Mind said, in the later stages of the game, when choosing upgrades/items, I always consider what will be more useful in case I go against Hexia, even if it is not the most optimal in terms of damage output.