Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Joseph R Biden Jr
Nov 13, 2022

Zodium posted:

love to read celebrations of ethnic cleansing in my public news

As part of the US aids package, they have agreed to name a few streets and public squares after American war veterans who tragically died in Iraq and Afghanistan. Such as Beau Biden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Also found out an ex-friend of a friend was apparently planning to join the Ukrainian army back in March.

I'm sure it'll shock you all to learn that she was previously a member of a now-defunct party founded by this guy:

No, wait, that picture is kind of unflattering...

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/LeanderWoltinge/status/1608843683318878210

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I strongly approve of anyone wanting to head to the front to fight the Russians because they want to get political like it's 1920.

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(

SplitSoul posted:

Also found out an ex-friend of a friend was apparently planning to join the Ukrainian army back in March.

I'm sure it'll shock you all to learn that she was previously a member of a now-defunct party founded by this guy:

No, wait, that picture is kind of unflattering...

we are all going to die because an entire generation of weak chinned manlets played too much HoI3 and thought that wearing some snazzy uniforms would make them look fuckable

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

why the devil are these people settling on this line

it's outright saying "do not trust us, we do not negotiate in good faith"

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Lostconfused posted:

I strongly approve of anyone wanting to head to the front to fight the Russians because they want to get political like it's 1920.

It rules seeing a visual representation of the North Russia Intervention because after becoming familiar with every other theater in WWI Europe suddenly you have Australia, Canada, France, Italy, UK, and the US all trying to invade from this big arrow coming down on loving Arkhangelsk of all places like it's Axis & Allies

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

V. Illych L. posted:

Maybe Hollande and Merkel are trying to set themselves apart as elder statespersons but it is indeed perplexing as to why they've chosen this way to go about it and also the timing is pretty lol

It's the kind of thing you'd say after you've won, I don't know how it serves any function while the conflict is ongoing.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
merkel shoulda used the time of the minsk agreement to get off russian gas lol

ok heres the plan boys, we're gonna set up ukraine to fite teh russians in the future, a war in which russia would be our indirect enemy. and in the mean time lets build some gas pipelines to russia and make our who industry, economy dependent on this enemy

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

OctaMurk posted:

ok heres the plan boys, we're gonna set up ukraine to fite teh russians in the future, a war in which russia would be our indirect enemy. and in the mean time lets build some gas pipelines to russia and make our who industry, economy dependent on this enemy

it makes zero sense unless its merkel trying to cover her own rear end because "i was secretly lying to the russians!!!" plays better in the current political climate

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

January 6 Survivor posted:

we are all going to die because an entire generation of weak chinned manlets played too much HoI3 and thought that wearing some snazzy uniforms would make them look fuckable

That is a very real Royal Life Guard uniform, however.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

V. Illych L. posted:

i think you'll find that even considering negotiating with the designated bad guys makes you the real nazi

VitriolicBurn
Mar 27, 2022
It would make sense if your goal was to make sure there would never be a negotiated settlement? The US and UK don't want that, clearly, burning the bridge means even if Ukraine tires of spending its blood forever Russia won't be willing to negotiate and the war will drag on.

It's just Merkel and Hollande aren't the figures I'd have thought would be the ones to set that bridge on fire for the Americans.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
it kinda owns that the official progessive western liberal opinion nowadays is that eternal war is both good and necessary

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Cerebral Bore posted:

it kinda owns that the official progessive western liberal opinion nowadays is that eternal war is both good and necessary

and that any compromise or agreement with the western liberal regimes will be hollow and useless from the outset

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Lavrov with the new demands that look like the old demands: Regime change for all of Ukraine, no more Ukrainian military.

Guess Russia has decided they still want the long war. The anti-capitalists won’t stop fighting against the Russian invasion for now, I suppose.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Cerebral Bore posted:

pretend this is an "Always has been" meme.

War is a requirement for the empire of liberal capitalism, just the same as cyclical depressions and capital accumulation.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
yea, but they usually try to sugarcoat it at least a little

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Ukrainian Easter eggs

https://twitter.com/osiris_neits/status/1608753497406836737

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

mlmp08 posted:

Guess Russia has decided they still want the long war.

Its the best mod

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Ukraine seems to have too many problems. Not interested in them.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

V. Illych L. posted:

Not their problem. But getting heckled in their post politics speaking tours is.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/1608848355387650050?t=jNtzRG-8ACleZqnm-m53sQ&s=19

Okay who had "Andrew Tate's arrest is NATO imperialism" on the hot takes pool

Anyone?

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Nonsense posted:

Ukraine seems to have too many problems. Not interested in them.

Yeah all this talk of investment when the war is over, who's going to want to invest in such a blown-up, busted rear end broke country.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

OctaMurk posted:

Also let's close the nukes and gut the Energiewende.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

genericnick posted:

Also let's close the nukes and gut the Energiewende.

That's just how neoliberal democracies prepare for war, what's the problem?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

V. Illych L. posted:

I think they're trying to cover their asses. People are starting to ask, "If Russia is such a big scary bogeyman that you can't interact with diplomatically, why did you support the Minsk Agreement?" To which their craven answer is, "Ah ha! But that was part of our plan all along! We tricked 'em, you see!"

e:

mila kunis posted:

it makes zero sense unless its merkel trying to cover her own rear end because "i was secretly lying to the russians!!!" plays better in the current political climate

Yeah exactly.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Majorian posted:

I think they're trying to cover their asses. People are starting to ask, "If Russia is such a big scary bogeyman that you can't interact with diplomatically, why did you support the Minsk Agreement?" To which their craven answer is, "Ah ha! But that was part of our plan all along! We tricked 'em, you see!"

e:

Yeah exactly.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Yup. Merkel and Hollande are, shockingly, very stupid.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/tajtip1/status/1608776802356572162

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

lol

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
i may be wrong but i heard the germans got encircled and annihilated at stalingrad

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

https://rueconomics.ru/23825146-chem_bol_she_mi_idem_naprolom_tem_bol_she_nas_budut_tormozit_prigozhin_o_reitinge_glavnih_lits_svo

quote:

Entrepreneur Yevgeniy Prigozhin has spoken out about the ratings concerning the results of the outgoing year, including the special operation in Ukraine.

The Live24 editorial board pointed out that Internet users in most cases named the businessman as one of the most important faces of the SVO. Thus, Prigozhin gained up to 54% of votes. He confirmed that he was familiar with the situation.

"Nothing good for me about this. The more we try to breakthrough, the more those who are interested in murky schemes and are not interested in a victorious war will try to stop us. And who they are, I will tell you later", the Concord press service quotes the entrepreneur as saying.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

If there's any silver lining to the cloud of this war, it's that Nazis keep willingly, even gleefully outing themselves.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Everyone seems to have stories of WW2 political granpas in europe

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

It's just what happens when you cram two world wars into a continent in under thirty years.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/MaxBlumenthal/status/1608560675835768833

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

SplitSoul posted:

Loving the media's :allears: stories about Ukraine "changing their history", for example, today I learned that Kyiv is changing another Russia-inspired street name in honor of Andy Warhol! No mention of the other streets for some reason. Much slava.

They should name a street in Kyiv after Amongus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

SplitSoul posted:

How hot is she?