Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
The "cause a big shockwave when you get to the grapple point" upgrade in Halo Infinite feels great and does a great job of discouraging the "hide behind cover and take potshots while your health regenerates" method of playing FPS I've been leaning on.

It's not as good as the glory kills in Doom 2016 and Eternal but it's still pretty rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

The Kins posted:

More games need grappling hooks and I don't care which games they rip them off from.

I used to play just cause 3 just zip-lining around playing the floor is lava. Gad dangut might have to reinstall that.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Grappling and swinging around in games rules, it is a shame the spider man games are filthy sony exclusives, should be exhibit A in the ftc counter suit by microsoft imo.

I have it on PC but would enjoy playing it on my tv.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Just bought the Metro Saga bundle for 11.99

Exodus has been in my wish list for a while now, but this bundle contains all 3 + all dlc for Exodus. Will probably not play them soon, but it's nice to have them on the backlog for this price.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

New Stalker 2 trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH3wS_Ld33U

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Didn’t another Stalker dev die in the war recently? Surprised development is still ongoing

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

SpiderLink posted:

The "cause a big shockwave when you get to the grapple point" upgrade in Halo Infinite feels great and does a great job of discouraging the "hide behind cover and take potshots while your health regenerates" method of playing FPS I've been leaning on.

It's not as good as the glory kills in Doom 2016 and Eternal but it's still pretty rad.

I was using that so much I'd just forget that I actually had guns.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

hatty posted:

Didn’t another Stalker dev die in the war recently? Surprised development is still ongoing

Yeah. I think they moved the studio to Czech Republic or something like that to finish it out.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

hatty posted:

Not a current dev I don't think, just a guy who did something on the old game.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Game is gonna be sick when it's finished. I'm looking forward to playing it but I'm in no rush for them to finish it because I know their real world circumstances are extraordinary.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
A full-fledged war broke out and the devs fled to another country and they're still gonna finish the game before we get Starfield.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

1glitch0 posted:

A full-fledged war broke out and the devs fled to another country and they're still gonna finish the game before we get Starfield.

drat, that's funny as h*ck. I'm going to hell for laughing at this epic discord post for sure

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

stalker 2 will own

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ooh poo poo, this looks extremely good. I am so glad the devs are able to finish this game and it will actually be releasing soonish. STALKER 2 has had one of the most difficult developments for a video game ever.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

1glitch0 posted:

A lot of the devs stayed behind to fight and protect their country too.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

At this point I feel obligated to buy the game regardless of how it actually turns out. Packing up and moving to another country to avoid war isn't something anybody should have to endure, and I can't imagine trying to develop a video game through it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

it's coming to gamepass though...

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

so I got a bunch of amazon credit from work and converted some of it to xbox credit to buy a design lab controller (like a rube), but it turns out you cant do that.

anyway what are some games that arent on game pass that i should buy beyond elden ring, the obvious answer

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Scuba Trooper posted:

so I got a bunch of amazon credit from work and converted some of it to xbox credit to buy a design lab controller (like a rube), but it turns out you cant do that.

anyway what are some games that arent on game pass that i should buy beyond elden ring, the obvious answer

Elden Ring and then wait until next year when first party games actually start coming out

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Resident Evil 2 Remake. Only 10 bucks currently

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

hatty posted:

One of the Metro guys did too :(

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

veni veni veni posted:

One of the Metro guys did too :(

https://youtu.be/SrdthGuaXNk

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

hatty posted:

Wiltsghost posted:

Yeah. I think they moved the studio to Czech Republic or something like that to finish it out.
GSC Game World, the STALKER studio, has taken shelter, at least in part, in Prague. I don't think this was officially confirmed until Czech Independence Day back in October, but the word had been around for a while.

4A Games, the Metro studio, had previously moved their headquarters to Malta after the annexation of Crimea, so a bunch of people were already there. Developers at their Kyiv studio were given the opportunity post-invasion to relocate to any of Saber Interactive's studios around the world.

Frogwares, the studio behind The Sinking City and the Sherlock Holmes games, relocated many staff to work remotely from safer regions or neighboring countries with the help of a grant from Epic Games. They also switched their next project to something a little tighter in scope than previously planned so they can keep putting stuff out while people are remote, fighting or providing humanitarian aid.

There are likely hundreds of stories like this, but these are the ones I've heard.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

The Kins posted:

GSC Game World, the STALKER studio, has taken shelter, at least in part, in Prague. I don't think this was officially confirmed until Czech Independence Day back in October, but the word had been around for a while.

4A Games, the Metro studio, had previously moved their headquarters to Malta after the annexation of Crimea, so a bunch of people were already there. Developers at their Kyiv studio were given the opportunity post-invasion to relocate to any of Saber Interactive's studios around the world.

Frogwares, the studio behind The Sinking City and the Sherlock Holmes games, relocated many staff to work remotely from safer regions or neighboring countries with the help of a grant from Epic Games. They also switched their next project to something a little tighter in scope than previously planned so they can keep putting stuff out while people are remote, fighting or providing humanitarian aid.

There are likely hundreds of stories like this, but these are the ones I've heard.

Thanks for sharing.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
Are there any Xbox games that target 40fps on 120Hz screens? I’ve been checking out some Sony first party titles on the FailStation and almost all of them have a 40Hz fidelity mode that looks and feels substantially better than 30fps.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

The Illusive Man posted:

Are there any Xbox games that target 40fps on 120Hz screens? I’ve been checking out some Sony first party titles on the FailStation and almost all of them have a 40Hz fidelity mode that looks and feels substantially better than 30fps.

There might be more, but the only game I know of is Plague Tale Requiem, but that's third party ofc.

I think Sony games have 40hz modes because they didn't have VRR for a long time.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I think Flight Sim does as well.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

John F Bennett posted:

Just bought the Metro Saga bundle for 11.99

Exodus has been in my wish list for a while now, but this bundle contains all 3 + all dlc for Exodus. Will probably not play them soon, but it's nice to have them on the backlog for this price.

Half my playtime in Exodus is messing around with the photo mode, it’s very pretty

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Exodus is probably in my top ten games of all time. I probably like it more than most people though. It's just got so much personality.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

My GOTY's :

- Beacon Pines
- Pentiment
- Return to Monkey Island

Guess I like narrative-based games and point-and-clicks!

I also would have added Guardians of the Galaxy but that one was from last year, I only started it this year.

Overall, it was a most excellent year of gaming for me! Lots of great games came out, also discovered many good older games on game pass that I never played in the past.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Did not have Obsidian taking ZA/UM to school in my 2022 bingo

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Didn't notice the Vampire Survivors DLC was on xbox... :retrogames:

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
Did metro games get another remaster? I think it had a remaster for Xbox one right, or am I remembering that wrong. The one you talking about quite old? Fun game.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Both 1 and 2 did get remasters.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Has anyone played Grime? I was about to buy it on a whim after watching the trailer but some of the reviews mention that it runs poorly and has screen tearing. Wondering how much of that actually effects gameplay versus just gamers whining.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Crafty posted:

Did metro games get another remaster? I think it had a remaster for Xbox one right, or am I remembering that wrong. The one you talking about quite old? Fun game.

the first two got remasters last gen and those ran at 60fps and had updated textures/lighting/resolution but they haven't gotten another remaster since.

Metro Exodus was originally last gen but got a free Series/PS5 update which is actually one of the best ones out there because it runs at dynamic 4K, 60fps and had RTX enabled. One of the only games I can think of that doesn't make you pick between fidelity 30 and 60 rtx.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
iirc Exodus was my GOTY of 2019. I still need to finish Sams Story.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Both DLCs are awesome. Sams story is beefy. It's like 6 hours if you do everything. I hope in the future they stick with a voiced protagonist . It makes the story stuff flow way better.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
One of the DLCs sucks and is literally using a flame thrower to shoot goo on a wall for 90% of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Seltzer posted:

One of the DLCs sucks and is literally using a flame thrower to shoot goo on a wall for 90% of it.

Sounds like The Gunk or Powerwash Simulator. Well, except for the flame thrower.