Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oof, that pricing.

40580 Blacktron Cruiser is free online and in LEGO Stores with all purchases above £170 / $190 / €190, from January 1 to February 14 (or while stocks last).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Meant to go with the new modular, I guess?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Just gonna reiterate: the original blacktron invader is available for $40 on bricklink and comes with printed bricks!

Is objectively the better purchase decision. :v:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
$40 vs. GWP. :thunk:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I’m a basic bitch and I like Star Wars fighters, and building Lego sets of them. A couple years ago I bought the Y-wing set (75249) and enjoyed it, but boy does it get dusty over time. I’m gonna move it into a bookcase/display case behind some glass doors. But first I need a stand - any recommendations? Apparently you can build your own with some bricks, but I’d like an adjustable one with more stability (maybe two legs?).

Other sets would be dope, too. Maybe the Mandalorian Starfighter (75316) and some flavor of TIE. Can’t find the former anywhere, though.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
They put out the basic rebel fighters and a TIE flavor semi regularly. The current fighter releases are a weird smaller scale that I don’t care for though.

If you want like the Rolls Royce of stands wicked brick does great ones that you can even get with an enclosed case that usually has some kinda thematically appropriate backdrop

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I actually liked the current TIE and it's making me want to get the upcomming bomber.

Bomber though needs some mod to close the tube. It's not safe to fly with the doors open!

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

HootTheOwl posted:

I saw some bricklink and other MOCs of it and I gotta say I like those better :(
I've seen way more intricate builds of it but I kind of really like the style and approach of this one. I'm a fan. It's nowhere NEAR the level of Starry Night, but that's a whole other sort of thing than this.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

thebardyspoon posted:

Seeing great wave and lego in a sentence together made me think, have they done a beach or a pier as a city set before? Not like industrial docks but a beach with like an ice cream seller, sand castles and surfers and stuff?

Yes, it's only my second or third favorite subtheme

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Hell Yeah

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Any recommendations for a stand for the UCS Star Destroyer that puts it in its side/at an angle for easier displaying? I know of the wicked brick one, are there any others?

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Any recommendations for a stand for the UCS Star Destroyer that puts it in its side/at an angle for easier displaying? I know of the wicked brick one, are there any others?

The only other angled stand I've seen is one on Etsy. https://www.etsy.com/listing/1212091200/socle-support-lego-75252-destroyer-ucs

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

There seems to be a variation of this long person on the wall behind that lego set.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Her one regret was not finding the cure for her boneitis.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
This AI art just keeps getting worse!!

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

There seems to be a variation of this long person on the wall behind that lego set.

It’s Klimt, Water Serpents II

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Decided to go ahead and try modify the Peacekeeper into a Classic Space version. I tried to keep the overall size similar to the original, as well as keeping the same main play feature of the removable prison section - in this case turned into a boster/droid transport pod.

It's based mostly on the Xenon X-Craft, with the side panels being the same as the ones on Cosmic Voyager

Blacktron version of the Peacekeeper, obviously inspired by the Invader.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
So Shuris Ship that my daughter got me for Christmas is actually really cool looking and a fun build and I'm just going to pretend it goes with all my Star Wars ships because I like the look of it so much.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I picked up 3804 and 9747 Mindstorms Robotics inventions kits at thrift store years ago and just shoved them in my closet. The boxes are huge (they aren't complete either so probably not worth keeping around for selling) so I finally got around to sorting the parts out today so I could trash the boxes. So many weird parts I have literally never seen before.

One thing that stuck out is how pristine and new all of the tires are. I don't think any of them were ever used or even removed from the box for long. They all look like they could have come off of the assembly line yesterday. Same with all of the Lego brand rubber bands. Was rad finding a ton of those cause they wear out after a while if they are stretched out in a set that is on display for a long time. Just surprsed me cause all of these rubber parts are 25+ years old.

Tons of the og hard rubber wheels still look brand new too.

But something weird I noticed with these specifically is they seem to be extruding a tiny bit of oil as they are all a bit tacky to the touch. None of the more standard squishy rubber tires have that issue.

If anyone wants to to join

Also I found 25 year old piece of a Dorito in there. Tempted to eat just to see :v:

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
I noticed the oozing tires too in old collections.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

veni veni veni posted:

Also I found 25 year old piece of a Dorito in there. Tempted to eat just to see :v:

Well, you have to now.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I ate the bill Clinton era Dorito

Appearance-nacho cheese
Smell-none
Taste-none/the rubber tire it was next to
Texture-surprisingly similar to a fresh Dorito.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Built the Chinese New Year sets yesterday evening. Love em all. Beautiful sets, beautiful colors.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Where am I even going to put this thing :negative:

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Bottom of the sea bathtub

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Mr. Neutron posted:

Chittagong.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Finally poured all my non-assembled lego in huge grey plastic bags and gave them to my GFs godson.
Only kept my old star wars play sets to sell and my current display models, as I realize I will never do any MOCs and only kept my childhood bricks because of perceived value. I couldn't be bothered to put the energy in to sell them for years, so gifting it to a kid feels right.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

The_Doctor posted:

Oof, that pricing.

40580 Blacktron Cruiser is free online and in LEGO Stores with all purchases above £170 / $190 / €190, from January 1 to February 14 (or while stocks last).

And 310 AUD.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Mr. Neutron posted:

Stop there and instead make smaller more display able tinytanics

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
The Houses of the World GWP is not live here in Australia, only the Blacktron GWP and Lunar New Year VIP pack.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I bonsai :3:

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Dec 31, 2022

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

:frogon:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The Houses of the World GWP is not live here in Australia, only the Blacktron GWP and Lunar New Year VIP pack.

Houses of the world?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

Houses of the world?

This thing: https://brickset.com/article/88131/review-40583-houses-of-the-world-1

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Ah. It would be nice if LEGO would put out calendars publicly again. There are some youtubers that seems to have access to calendars still but I can't find them anywhere.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
My Christmas order finally came *today*. Laser ship is the worst. But the free blanket for vips is very nice, and as far as I could tell it was for online orders only.

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

Tons of the og hard rubber wheels still look brand new too.

But something weird I noticed with these specifically is they seem to be extruding a tiny bit of oil as they are all a bit tacky to the touch. None of the more standard squishy rubber tires have that issue.

That type of tire always had a sticky/oily feel even when brand new.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Christmas present reviews for an almost 7 year old

Aston Martin mini speed champion : he really liked this, surprisingly since it isn't minifigs scale. The colors are great

Forestmen hideout: very neat , even though the interior space is super small. Much thinner and taller than I expected. Kid loves it for his "forest"

Ray the castaway: kind of fiddly build kid didnt much like. Looks great though and he enjoyed the final presentation

3 in 1 tropical parrot: big hit , looks great, very colorful

Lego prison island , lepin clone of retired set from 2016. I know it's a sore topic but this thing has incredible playability. Comes with a hot air balloon! + Dinghy for crooks, police boat+ basic chopper for cops, has like 6 escape routes, just nonstop play features going on. Really impressed by this one, I don't think I've seen this many play features in a big set before - the fire ones we have are mostly things fall down and fires pop up.

Starry night hasn't been opened yet

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 31, 2022

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
FROGS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

frogsai