Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Piell posted:

AITA For Telling My Daughter That She's The Reason Why Nobody Likes Her

Very glad she's being poo poo on in the comments ngl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

More weird AF family:

AITA for spraying my stepmom with a water gun in the middle of winter?

quote:

Normally, my neighborhood doesn’t have a problem with porch pirates, but for some reason they’ve decided to exclusively target my house since the beginning of the month. I usually get the packages as they arrived, as I work from home and my office is right next to the front door (our house is small) but my company has been busy due to the holidays so there’s been a few times where I wasn’t able to grab the package right away. I’ve had a total of 4 packages stolen, including a handmade quilt from my mother.

So, my boyfriend got the bright idea to blast them with a water gun. It’s not a huge water gun, just one of those crappy colorful ones you can buy at the dollar store. I was obviously opposed to it, as he bought it when we had that storm, and while my area didn’t get an insane amount of snow, we did have weather in the negatives and windchill up to -40. Recently though, it warmed up quite a bit with yesterday being 60. He had filled the water gun and put it near the door in case I changed my mind.

I had a late present arriving today, and I wasn’t able to get to it right away, and right when I went to go grab it, someone showed up and snatched it before I could open the door. Right away I grabbed the water gun and squirted them in the face, before realizing it was my stepmom. She immediately threw down the package and started screaming at me, what is wrong with you, you could’ve killed me, I could’ve died from frost bite, etc. I started arguing back and she was like “Well if the package is so important than take it,” then ran to her car and left.

I talked to my dad and he said it was just a prank and they were going to give me my stuff back, but how was I supposed to know? Anyway, she’s been spamming me calling me names and my dad keeps telling me to just apologize and I’m being unreasonable. She has a track record of twisting stuff to make me out to be the aggressor, and she told everyone in my family that I came to her house and started hosing her down when she was taking out the trash, and everyone (she has 7 kids not related to me,) except my mom and boyfriend believe her. They keep telling me I need to apologize

I feel kinda bad because it was kinda cold, and I honestly only did it because I panicked, I wouldn't have done it if I had known it was her and a prank. So, AITA?

JuSt A pRaNk StEpDaUgHtEr!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Runcible Cat posted:

More weird AF family:

Dying of frostbite at 60 degrees, 20 feet from a warm house and a running car. You hate to see it :rip:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Runcible Cat posted:

More weird AF family:

What in the world...

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Runcible Cat posted:

More weird AF family:

sounds like it's not yet time to retire the water gun

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

i am still reeling from buttplug granny christmas, and have never wanted an update so badly in my life

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

The_Franz posted:

And a lot of teachers who don't know exactly how to interpret these results falsely accuse kids of plagiarism, because the millions of 16 year olds who had to read To Kill a Mockingbird and write about it are obviously all going to have completely unique takes on the matter with no similar sentences when compared with the millions who came before them.

"Write in your own words" is a scam, and if anything positive comes out of ChatGPT and its likes is that maybe they'll just stop with it.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Rockman Reserve posted:

i am still reeling from buttplug granny christmas

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Runcible Cat posted:

More weird AF family:

I wasn't stealing that car your honor, it was just a prank!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Have a buttplug granny Christmas
And in case you didn't hear
Oh by golly have a buttplug granny Christmas
This year

Horror_Business
Jan 6, 2007

I'll put a knife right in you.
AITA for telling a woman I don't care about her grievance?

quote:

Two days ago my son got up early and went door to door offering to shovel peoples driveways for cash. I think he made like $75. Well yesterday morning I woke up to someone knocking on my door and was very irritated. When I opened the door a woman was standing there asking when my son was going to come shovel her driveway. I told her I doubted he wanted to get up early two days in a row, so he probably wasn't. She didn't like that answer.

She said she paid my son the day prior to shovel her driveway for three days. This sounded unlikely to me. My son usually doesn't like to commit to things in advance like that. I told her she could come back and talk to him when he was awake. She asked me to wake him up, but I said no, because he's on vacation, so why should he have to wake up early if he doesn't want to. The woman was mad and wanted her $15 back. I told her to come back later and ask my son and just shut the door.

She came back at nine AM, and when my son talked to her he said he never agreed to shovel her driveway multiple days, but that he would do it again for another $15. She was furious and said the price of shoveling a driveway is $5 and she already gave him $15 so he either needed to give her $10 or come shovel her driveway. He said no, he wouldn't shovel a driveway for $5, that's why he told her it was fifteen. If she didn't want to pay fifteen, she should have declined the offer.

She told me to make my son give her $10, and I said no. I said they had a business arrangement, and it didn't involve me, so I don't care how they resolve it. She said I should shovel her driveway then, and I said no, because she woke me up and I have insomnia, and I don't appreciate that. Normally I'd shovel a female neighbor's driveway if she asked and I have time, because I know it can be difficult, but I wasn't inclined to feel charitable towards her at that moment. She asked if I cared at all about the bad spot my son put her in, and I said I didn't, because he can charge whatever he likes for a service, and if she doesn't want to pay, that's not my problem.

She said I am an rear end in a top hat raising an even bigger rear end in a top hat, and then she left. I know I wasn't neighborly, but I don't feel like it rises to the level of rear end in a top hat, because I think she was entitled. But maybe I should have been more empathetic. Am I the rear end in a top hat?

$5? You're out of your loving mind.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Horror_Business posted:

I mean, it's one driveway Horror_Business. What could it cost, $15?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Horror_Business posted:

this strategy only works at big chain stores that can afford to give you money just to gently caress off

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Runcible Cat posted:

No mention of whether or not they got the other 4 packages back from thieving stepmom.

Even if they see the homemade quilt in their house I assume the stepmom will claim they always had that and if not it was obviously a gift from OP. I mean, what other explanation could there be?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

when i steal and hock your stuff to feed my gambling addiction it's an extremely funny prank. you just have no sense of humour

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Since she already told everyone and they believe her she should go to her house and hose her down while she's taking the trash out.

JackSplater
Nov 20, 2014

Metal Coat? It's already active?!

Runcible Cat posted:

So wait, was the stepmom just sitting outside the house in her car all day looking for packages getting dropped off?

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Runcible Cat posted:

More weird AF family:

So was she taking all of the packages? Also retire the water gun and get a can of bear spray

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for following a lady to her gate at the airport

quote:

Flew home the other day after visiting the in-laws with my wife. Arrive at the airport, get through security. We are a few hours early so we are trying to figure out a good spot to grab a drink. My wife and I are chatting and I notice in the background a lady with a dog, maybe 15 pounds. Its on a leash and not in a carrier (she had one with her). The dog stops and thus the lady stops, and the dog takes a poo poo in the middle of the airport. The lady just ups and walks away, doesn’t clean it up.

As someone who has stepped in dog poo poo before, I get pissed. I tell my wife to call someone and I go to confront the lady. I go up to her and ask her, were you going to pick that up? She just ignores me and keeps walking. I get in front of her and tell her you need to go pick up your dogs poo poo. She just says please leave me alone and goes by me. So I follow her loudly asking her if she was going to pick up her dogs poo poo? I just repeat this over and over. After a few minutes of this she turns around and says rear end in a top hat, stop harassing me. People are looking at us and it’s a minor scene but I maintain my comments. She keeps walking and I keep following. Finally she gets to her gate I guess and takes a seat in the corner.

My wife texts me that airport staff came to pick up the poop. I just loudly tell that lady she sucks, her dog sucks, it shouldn’t even be here, and warned everyone else that her dog may poo poo and she won’t do anything about it. I just wanted to publicly shame her. I leave and go find my wife. But was I the rear end in a top hat?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

Dying of frostbite at 60 degrees, 20 feet from a warm house and a running car. You hate to see it :rip:

I think this wicked witch was more afraid of melting tbh

Mx. posted:

You're supposed to shove their nose in it at yell "NO! BAD!"

Horror_Business
Jan 6, 2007

hawowanlawow posted:

this strategy only works at big chain stores that can afford to give you money just to gently caress off

I mean, she did essentially try to hustle the kid's dad like a retail manager...

quote:

I wouldn't have done it if I had known it was her and a prank.

YTA. Destroy the "pranksters".

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Piell posted:

I've been telling her that it's her own fault she's not agreeable enough for anybody to spend any time with her

Since she's started college she's barely come home

Have you considered it's because you're not agreeable enough for her to spend any time with you OP?

Electric Wrigglies posted:

More kids mean less attention and the younger kids need more attention. It's the way of the world.

Sounds like the young adult is not doing well at Uni though otherwise that would be their source of attention and affirmation.

Bit wild for your mum to be the one to tell you that the reason you don't have any friends is because of your annoying personality (no one likes you).

The mom's been telling her she's too annoying to be worthy of parental affection since she was 15 years old, and she stopped spending time at home once she went off to uni. There's no indication that anyone except the mother finds her annoying and is unwilling to spend time with her; her life at uni seems to be fine, she's just not part of OP's Perfect New Do-over Family.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Piell posted:

"Then, when Sandra was 11 and I was 31, I met a man I'll call Frank, who was 33. We got married a year later and started having children, Sandra's step-siblings, "

HALF-siblings, not step siblings. No mother would make that mistake. Oh and of course the post and the user account have already been nuked. Seriously, why do we post aita stuff anyways if they're always so drat fake?

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for thinking my wife’s friend should share the referral money she got for referring her to her company?

I’ve never heard of sharing referral money.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

Bored posted:

I’ve never heard of sharing referral money.

I have shared and been shared referral money before, but it was always agreed to beforehand.

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
I think it would have been more effective to pick up the poo poo with a napkin or something and kindly return it to the lady, maybe just drop it in her purse.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

I've absolutely heard of sharing referral money, but it's something that the referrer brings up before you even apply. My MIL and a few friends talked about splitting a referral with me when I was job searching.

PiratePrentice
Oct 29, 2022

by Hand Knit

Edmund Sparkler posted:

In some places, carrying a small bottle of your favorite hot sauce with you isn't abnormal. No idea why this guy needs to bring the whole mason jar of pickled onions with him because that is awkward af.

The guy could just take like a small pocket sized jar with him like people do with hot sauce, but it sounds like his wife would still be bizarrely furious about it.

And yeah if you're wanting to split referral money you obviously talk about it beforehand, it happens all the time. Not splitting it happens all the time too though, so the guy in the story is just a weird rear end in a top hat.

Horror_Business
Jan 6, 2007

Rabble posted:

I have shared and been shared referral money before, but it was always agreed to beforehand.

Same. I guess the logic is "I wouldn't have gotten this bonus if you hadn't taken the job, so have some of it!". Completely cool if it's a gift by the bonus recipient, or agreed upon beforehand. Certainly no obligation to share, though.
Also I've worked at several places where both people involved get a referral/sign-on bonus. Maybe that's driving some greed. Though it's not mentioned, so they're probably just an entitled poo poo.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Serephina posted:

Oh and of course the post and the user account have already been nuked.

Reddit does that if the email you use to register your account is a throwaway temp-email address rather than a permanent one.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Most restaurants have a rule against bringing in your own food/condiments, if someone brought in a jar of pickled onions I would have to tell them to kindly put it away!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Mx. posted:

I wanted him to buy a ticket and sit across from her on the plane making angry faces.

PiratePrentice
Oct 29, 2022

by Hand Knit

Sex Farm posted:

Most restaurants have a rule against bringing in your own food/condiments, if someone brought in a jar of pickled onions I would have to tell them to kindly put it away!

What server would ever enforce that at anything other than a really expensive restaurant? You're losing out on your tip for no reason.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Airport dog lady really sucks but following a woman through the airport, yelling at her, and refusing to let it go is a good way to miss your flight, and end up on a list as well as with a criminal record.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Edmund Sparkler posted:

Airport dog lady really sucks but following a woman through the airport, yelling at her, and refusing to let it go is a good way to miss your flight, and end up on a list as well as with a criminal record.

Yeah, as someone who flew enough to be on a first name basis with TSA agents at multiple major airports, airports are not a place to stir up drama or start poo poo.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

PiratePrentice posted:

What server would ever enforce that at anything other than a really expensive restaurant? You're losing out on your tip for no reason.

Food safety thing. Guy brings in some bad pickled onions and gets sick- that isnt great and can get messy both literally and figuratively.

That being said, setting a jar of onions on the table is a lot different than putting some hot sauce from your pocket/purse on the food when the server isn't around

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

PiratePrentice posted:

Any one who taken ServSafe and want to have a job still. There are no tip amounts worth dealing with idiots like that because they are also the cheapest and most annoying people possible.

PiratePrentice
Oct 29, 2022

by Hand Knit
I mean that kinda sounds like the racist standard "black people don't tip" thing, considering that's the demographic that stereotypically carries their own hot sauce.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

PiratePrentice posted:

I mean that kinda sounds like the racist standard "black people don't tip" thing, considering that's the demographic that stereotypically carries their own hot sauce.

Wow, nice one.

I'm talking about people bringing weird poo poo in. Not hot sauce. Weird poo poo like the topic of the very thing that's being discussed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PiratePrentice
Oct 29, 2022

by Hand Knit
Well yeah but the rule is specifically about condiments, it just seems like a weird thing to lose tips over.